Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 64 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Tier IV Title Holder
 Post subject: Re: Olympic Tennis Event, London
PostPosted: 1. August 2012 19:14 

Local Time:
|18. April 2024| 14:54
Long, out, long, too long, long, that one's too long, out, long, out, that one's outta here....sheesh, the aim of the game is to hit the ball inside the lines!!

Maybe she should take up baseball, she's good at hitting the ball a long way! :P

So, an error strewn first set, 4-6, she starts the second set and at 30-40 serves a DF :(

Broken again, 0-3. At least she seems to have cut out all the long shots and has taken to blasting even the simplest of shots into the net.

Needless to say, the 4-6 2-6 scoreline says that the second set was even worse than the first set. Woz didn't even have to break sweat, she just sat there and waited for Daniela to make a mistake, which nine times out of ten, she did.

Last edited by Wyle E.Coyote on 1. August 2012 19:54, edited 1 time in total.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 1. August 2012 19:52 

Local Time:
Poor Daniela. She wouldn't have beaten Serena, but a quarter-finals would have been really nice...the Olympics came round a little too soon for Daniela to recover completely from her injury..

Wozniacki served lights out tennis today....

Daniela didn't play badly but Wozniacki played extremely solid tennis, only 3 errors...

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 1. August 2012 20:04 

Local Time:

Daniela didn't play badly but Wozniacki played extremely solid tennis, only 3 errors...

We might have to agree to disagree on that one Eddy. Apart from a few flashes down the line, the rest of Daniela's game seemed to be errors. Woz didn't have to do much at all to win games.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 1. August 2012 20:12 

Local Time:
|18. April 2024| 13:54
This is so disappointing, I'm gutted for Daniela because the OLympics means so much to her. It would have been lovely if she could have won this but it wasn't to be.

Wozniacki served very well and she won a lot of easy points on her first serve and that allowed her to dictate a lot of rallies. The pivotal moments in the match were Daniela's service game at 3-3 in the first set when she made some errors to give Wozniacki the break and from then Wozniacki's level went up and also the first game of the second when Daniela had a sloppy service game to give Wozniacki the early break.

Wozniacki played well, probably her best match for months and her serving was very good, but it's disappointing that Daniela's level dropped at crucial times in the match to give the advantage to Wozniacki.

Still, I'd have taken 3rd round before the start of the Olympics and it's still Daniela's best Olympics ever, she had some good performances here and she won 2 more matches than all the other Slovak players combined. Here's hoping that Daniela can use the momentum from here to have a good run for the rest of the year and that she does better in Rio.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 1. August 2012 20:17 

Local Time:
Frustrating. She is so much better than what she showed today. You know Wozniacki is going to be a wall,but some of those errors were inexcusable. :cry:

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 1. August 2012 20:41 

Local Time:
"Today it was not part of my ideal performance. Too bad I did not lay down the game from previous games. Caroline played very well, very well served, on my part was a bit tied. The service was just about the biggest difference. I'm sorry, because I was looking forward to this fight. I have to admit that rival today was better and won deservedly," Daniela Hantuchova.
@ google translate

"Caroline played well, I did not know the contrary, repeat performances of the previous duels here at Wimbledon. Main difference was in dose, while I did not really areola to a first service, she was very servovala the match. First gems were OK, the state 3 : 3 I stupidly lost service when I made four errors. There is a bit broken, it can against such a rival can not afford. Wozniacki played as consistently as always, excellent service surprised," she said after the match, Daniela Hantuchova.
@ google translate

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 1. August 2012 21:00 

Local Time:
Main difference was in dose, while I did not really areola to a first service,

:shock: :shock: What?!!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 1. August 2012 21:32 

Local Time:
|18. April 2024| 08:54
I am crushed, guys. I fooled myself. Daniela's early play was a great tonic for me as my wife's struggles continue, and I started to believe in something that in reality could not happen. And part of me really, really feels for Dani. I imagine she stayed professional in speaking to the press, but when she's alone tonight with her childhood dream now gone for good, I can only imagine her sadness. Clearly this was her last Olympics...I can't begin to imagine her being there in 2016. And really, what's left? We would be enraptured, yet shocked, if she won a slam. She'll continue to play for awhile, I'm sure, and maybe there will be a nice win here or there against a top 10 player, maybe a title or 2. But I can't see that signature moment anymore. :cry: Nevertheless, like all of us, as long as Dani plays, I'll root my heart out for her in every match. Let's Go, Daniela!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 1. August 2012 22:03 

Local Time:
Hantuchova crying: I also wanted to get a medal
Stanislav Benčat | 1 August 2012 22:01

Of the four Slovaks came in the Olympic tennis tournament away, but ended in tears. Daniela Hantuchova lost in the third round of singles at Wimbledon in the central villages with Danko Caroline Wozniacki 4:6 and 2:6.

"I was very excited for this match, but I did not exercise as in previous days. Caroline was based on great service, while I could not hit a single administration. It then plays hard to play. I guess I really wanted too," analyzed the causes of lost .

A break in the match came in the seventh Geme the first game, when the Slovak unnecessary mistakes and lost the administration has failed to rival breakaways. "The game I literally gave her. From that moment on she played more aggressively and I did not respond. Forwarded deserved," she said. Dane played Hantuchova and gently on the psyche. When one runs down a ball hit into the chair and called for a health break. "Absolutely, I did not notice. A little long nursed there, I would definitely play right on, but each was different," she said.

Break between sets from diversified poignant moment in the stands, when one of the audience asked his girlfriend to marry him. Applause half-empty stands and motivation to advance to quarter-final but still Hantuchova failed to kick a turnover. "I tried to stay calm, because in this tournament, I really cared. Did not work like that."

Poprad native held in the auditorium inch bronze vodnoslalomár Michal Martikan. Even his support but not enough. "I appreciate that he came. Have someone in such an audience is always something special. The more I regret that I obtained a medal," said Hantuchova depressed.
@ google translate

Hantuchova Martikán encouraged. She fought the tears
Today, 22:27 Red Sports, SITA
LONDON - Slovakia is no longer on the Olympic tennis tournament representation. Daniela Hantuchova lost in the grass at Wimbledon round of singles with Danko Caroline Wozniacki attached as an eighth for 76 minutes 4:6, 2:6.

"For my part, it certainly was not as power as the previous two matches. I'm sorry, because I have to fight with Caroline is very excited. She played very well, very well servovala. The service was just about the biggest difference. Me it did not reflect a against a rival and without an effective administration not to play. In some exchanges, I was unnecessarily rushed. I guess I really wanted to and I considered it," Slovak said to sliding down the court.

Rival benefited from the service
Enter the duel had 29-year old native Poprad bad as the favorite to keep pace.

"The first gems were okay, but the condition of 3:3 I stupidly lost the whole administration. I did three easy mistakes immediately DOUBLE FAULTS, is against such a toy can not afford. I did it literally gave the gem. Soon she was released, zagresívnila return. there somewhere it broke. rival played classically, invariably, I am surprised, however, the said service. In comparison, as we know it accelerated, explained. She won deservedly, was now on the court better. For my part, it certainly was not such power as I am waiting by itself," trying to Daniela Hantuchova of the first analysis of match play.

In an era of national independence was no tennis player from under the Tatra Mountains on the Olympic tournament thus far received. Daniel, however, even this fact will not be pleased. "It certainly was not on my bad side tournament, but I wanted to go further," hardly concealed tears.

Quality training added confidence
A few seconds predýchavala emotion and then continued.

"I wanted to really put everything into it. The week before the Olympics, we had a great training with Maťom Lipták. It kicked me, medical problems left, i started to run, train four to five hours a day and it had to be confident in the show. I need to get over a tough job and I managed," explained the former world number Five, which is in the current WTA ranking to 33rd place.

He encouraged Martikán
In the privacy of the Vampire with his very well understood. Before the match but in the locker room allegedly unusual silence ruled.

"We talked, we tried to behave professionally. It was probably the longest silence between us. But certainly not last long," finally played a smile on your face Slovakian tennis player.

In terms of its half-inch and held five times Olympic medalist Michal Martikan water slalom. But even his presence did not help.

"I appreciate it that he came. Have someone in the audience of that is great. Pity that I can fight for a medal already lost. For me, this tournament was in fact perhaps even more severity than classic Wimbledon," again with closed eyes full of tears Daniela Hantuchova.
@ google translate

OH2012-Tennis: Hantuchova could not help the tears: "I very much wanted a medal"
1.8.2012 22:08

London first August (TASR) - Slovak taken the lead in recent special edition of the Wimbledon tennis outside completely cooled off in the middle, the hotter it was, however, still glowing from the inside for long minutes after the game. Daniela Hantuchova at the Olympic Games in London beam a clear defeat against a good friend of Caroline Wozniacki WTA circuit and missed the last performance and personality of Slovak sport in the stands it was touched to tears.

"I was tied up, that really mattered to me. One thus can not play, then the result of spasticity. A lot of it meant for me and I wanted to put everything into it," looking for lost causes relatively smooth (4:6, 2:6) Slovak , which again highlighted the tournament with five rings at Wimbledon, which is again not a long period, it had among its priorities a special place. "Lines are the centers of the same length and width of the court identical. Although there were fewer visitors than during the grand slam, I'm oblivious to it. For me, however, was still more to play here at the Olympics, I have less viewers ignored, especially that in the Milos audience," Hantuchova bumping that looks with maximum respect to the first male winner of the return of tennis to the Games in 1988.

Tennis player from under the Tatras and stood before the game against another difficult mission, had to beat someone who knows it well, not only stroke type, but also human. "Before the match we tried to be quiet with Caroline, we talked nothing, because when rozrozprávame, so it never ends. Today we maintain a professional and we nepreberali nothing but silence between us, it certainly will not last long," commented Slovak duo, that in the second set sought in vain for a precise search protizbraň rival game.

Hantuchova defeat in the Olympic round of which is the maximum Slovak tennis player in the era of independence, just barely bear, her emotions are fully expressed in an effort to summarize the whole tournament appearances. When deep in thought her tears have to be in mixzóne on the verge of beginning. "It was not a bad tournament, but I wanted to go further," has by itself at a time when it was the hardest heart.

In addition to the audience of President Ivan Gasparovic and Minister of Education, Science, Research and Sport Dušan Čaplovič Hantuchova to turnover fueled many athletes, coaches and others from the Slovak team, including the bronze medalist Michal Martikan. "I appreciate that he came to have such an athlete in the audience on your side is always great. Just a pity that I am unable to get a medal," concluded the voice is still scattered.
@ google translate.

It's just heartbreaking. I want to give Daniela a hug and a shoulder to cry on.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 1. August 2012 22:18 

Local Time:
:cry: :cry: :cry:

Given the priority she has always given the Olympics,she was always going to be devastated by coming up short.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 2. August 2012 04:29 

Local Time:
It's just heartbreaking. I want to give Daniela a hug and a shoulder to cry on.

Absolutely, Chungwit. All of us would.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 2. August 2012 16:38 

Local Time:
Mečíř Daniela pleasantly surprised
Boris Vanya | 2 August 2012 15:34
Exclusive
While talking, a little girl with a big tennis ball patiently waiting for his autograph. Olympic champion of Seoul Miloslav Mecir works in London as head of the Slovak tennis players. On Wednesday evening, the mission ended its work. The tournament is the last goodbye Representative Slovak Daniela Hantuchova.

From whom you would expect in most Olympic tournament?
It would please me if the boys went through the first round, but played to its limits. Martin Klizan against Andy Roddick and Lukas Lacko Petzschner against the Germans had a hard task. They are still young, were the first Olympics to gain experience. A year ago, not even Ranking position to be able to ever play in the Olympics. I was hoping to catch Dominic, played as well in America to the concrete. Unfortunately, against Bulharke slowly rozbiehala and tennis is true that when you play, self-esteem decreases and vice versa. Daniela again pleasantly surprised, defeated in the first round snack deployed for Li, which was a good result.

You believed that it could go in the third round over Dane Caroline Wozniacki?
I have to say against Daniela, because fighting and played some great balls, but Wozniacki had its day, was excellent.

Some tennis players including Dominika Cibulkova and Lukas Lacko of the Olympic tournament were embarrassing impressions nepozdávala to their organization, less interested audience. How are you feeling?
Obviously, compared with the original Olympic tournament Wimbledon, the pros do with an experienced staff. However, the Olympics is giant. Volunteers took a while until zabehali, restaurant and function differently. But it does not bother me. The atmosphere at the Olympics is escalating. Too bad our players missed a tournament more, it might change your mind.

Slovakia did not get a free card in the mixed doubles, while some countries have the spider and the two pairs. What do you think?
The mix is ​​nasadzovalo by position in the ranking - the limit was two couples in the country, so even after the award wild cards we ended seven footnotes. It's fair. The rules are set in advance and must be respected. Daniela Hantuchova had good results in doubles, but would hardly have added it to someone from the boys.

During the match with Hantuchova Wozniacki was half-empty auditorium of the central court. How do you back fondly atmosphere?
It is a little noisier than usual, but in the grand slam are certainly more people live - after these paths can not walk, so there is a crowd. I do not know if fans prefer to duel Daniela any other matches. Djokovic and Murray have played a central villages before a packed auditorium and it was a pleasant sight.
@ google translate

Mečířova analysis: Daniela surprise, the men had more

LONDON - The Slovak tennis players in the tournament Wednesday evening at the Olympics in the third round women's singles osemfinálového defeated Daniela Hantuchova of Danko Caroline Wozniacki eighth attached as 4:6, 2:6. All other Slovak Olympic trials were completed in the first round.

More joy he has brought women's competition. Daniela Hantuchova among its top 16 procedure shifted Slovak maximum score at the Olympics in the era of national independence. "Daniela pleasantly surprised. Did not have does not go first round. I have nothing I could reproach her. Each subsequent round was for her and for us already a kind of bonus. success is that Daniela has won two games, especially the victory over the Chinese women attached to Li has value. Vozniacka against him presented with style, hats off to her performance, the objective must admit that Daniela was in the battle by the weaker," continued the analysis of performances former tennis player, who at the Olympic Games in Seoul 1988 won the jersey of former Czechoslovakia in the gold medal in singles and bronze in doubles.

"Dominika can go for sporting little bit of luck also. I was hoping to get caught. Although the Grand Slam at Wimbledon three weeks ago fell right in the first round, before the Olympics played well in America on the concrete. I believed that once again come to the right winning rhythm, but it did not happen," said Milos Mečíř.

Tennis toe is very balanced in his view, success is not so easy. "Tennis is specific, that nothing in it can not be deleted, each ball can determine the existence or nonexistence. If only it were to be our just learned that they are something sticking out of the tournament," wished the former great tennis player, who was at the highest ATP ranking at the turn of February and March 1988, when the world was four.

The Olympic tennis tournament is in his own characteristics. Players in tournaments during the year, certainly accustomed to a different standard. Especially in terms Lukas Lacko and Dominika Cibulkova was feeling a little disappointed in the conditions that were in the Olympic village.

"It's different than the normal tournament. Can expect that it will be here at the same organizational level as the Grand Slam Wimbledon. However, this annual provides a professional, is to 'run in' people. This is a little different. But I think that everything else works as it should. At least I feel comfortable. the atmosphere increases, the stands are gradually being met. pity that you have not taken it longer. might change their minds if they win a few rounds. I wish them to make them better next time zadařilo to performance-went up to have more chances like this time," optimistically referred to both restless in the Slovak tennis team.

Overall, the Olympic tournament in his excellent level. While Slovaks in it except Daniela Hantuchova nezažiarili nothing serious, but not disappointed. "We must cherish every successful result to be achieved. Let's be happy that Daniele managed to succeed twice. It was nice to see Slovak victories," he said Milos Mečíř.
@ google translate

Mečíř expected more from Cibulková pleased him Hantuchova

Miloslav Mecir was at the Olympic Games as Chef-coach tennis players. The performance by our players he played it, what should. He waited more of Dominika Cibulkova. On the contrary he is very pleased with Daniela Hantuchova.

How do you evaluate the performance of Slovak tennis players on the Olympic tournament?
"Every round that we uhrali would be extra. I'm glad that Daniela managed to pass through two rival, however, Li is the top player. On Wednesday already Wozniacki, who played very well, not enough. Lukas Lacko and Martin Klizan had a very difficult task. They were happy to cede here and took the experience. Before we put anything in it to get here, the absence of the well in the ranking. They played so enjoyed the performance. I can not say I was disappointed."

Daniela Hantuchova was expressed that the Olympics mainly sees through you. How do you influenced?
"It's nice to hear when a new generation of the positive examples. It is good that you all were. I wish them to push the performance and achieve better results next time."

In doubles, losing both of our couples clearly. You spoke to them, often tried to doubles?
"Yes, if you want to improve, must play a more debla against tough opposition. Our specialists doubles as Miso Mertinak and Filip Polasek will not get here. Lukas and Martin are started on a wild card, which must be recognized. Moreover, in doubles, there is a lot of competition. Djokovic lost the first round and Federer in the second. Our will to learn."

From whom have been waiting for most?
"I told that I would be delighted if some guys managed to surprise round and would. For girls, I was hoping to catch Dominic, because the concrete has played very well. I thought that it catches the rhythm and the ripple, but in the first round against Pironkova knew to get up to speed and escaped the tight first set, which decided the match. It became so well in the tie-break and Luke Martin also lost to the last service at 5:7. Daniela again pleasantly surprised, against Wozniacki, we can expect that it may surprise you, but ~ not played badly. In short, Dane eliminate its weapons."

Third round Daniela Hantuchova is the best tennis player of our location in the era of independence. Why is it that our players managed to get grandslamoch the last laps of the Olympic tournament is not it?
"It is difficult to evaluate me. It can not be compared to anything. It is a sport and the arts in their own way. Daniela is now struggling to grandslamoch and there as if it started from the second round and went through two rival. Let's be glad that this could at least."

Olympic atmosphere is different than the Grand Slam tournaments?
"Yes, one can say so. Click here to hear the chants of applause, the fans from the same countries zhŕknu together. I think over grandslam more people live here. Matches the top tips I was pleased that the central court was sold out, but through a grandslam there are so many people that can not walk the paths that divide the different courts."

The match with Hantuchova Wozniacki, half empty Centre Court, you experienced something similar at Wimbledon?
"I had similar experiences with it. Maybe people want to see matches on other courts. Most centers filled lives."
@ google translate

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 3. August 2012 18:40 

Local Time:
Short interview with Daniela after the Wozniacki match:

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 4. August 2012 18:54 

Local Time:
OK, full marks to Serena. She deserves all the props; she fought through a lot to return to being Serena. And, of course, we all remember just how much she and Venus dominated the tour in the past. But.....Really, Maria? Really, Vika? #1 & #3 in the world, and you win a grand total of FOUR games combined? On one of the world's biggest stages? Is Serena THAT much better than you? Or, just how intimidated by her are you two? Geez, Daniela would have done better than that by herself, say 6-3, 6-2. We'll have to hope that after Serena completes the hat trick in New York next month, she'll feel that her legacy is totally secure and she'll let her mind wander into other projects as she has done before; then maybe someone will beat her once in a while. Or that she'll choose to only play the slams, the manditories and a couple of other events. I'd rather not consider the alternative; we'll be out of hope. :|

Let's Go, Daniela!

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 4. August 2012 23:04 

Local Time:
|18. April 2024| 07:54
I have become less of a Serena or Williams sisters fan lately because I think of al the women who play tournament after tournament the the Williams's show up at the majors, get the best times and courts. But i have to say Serena, as of late, deserves what she has done. Totally in control and blowing her opponents away. I do agree with Alex that if she wins the US Open maybe she will move on. I felt sorry for Maria today. I don't think anything was going to stop Serena from getting the gold.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 64 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next