Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 76 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Career Grand Slam
 Post subject: Re: The Championships, Wimbledon
PostPosted: 25. June 2012 22:58 

Local Time:
|20. April 2024| 04:17
Fun day for you at Court 3, huh Eddy! First the usual Isner marathon, then another nobody attaining her career highlight while Dani's dreams are wrecked again. I agree with most everything you saw and reported; it's not all that diffferent from what I saw in Miami. It's a crying shame. Yet she did hit some amazing shots, kept a match close that she could have been blown out in. And picking herself off the ground and forcing the tiebreaker...well, if that isn't why we support Daniela so much, I don't know what is! As deeply discouraging as things have become, this is a unique year because Dani gets 2 cracks at Wimbledon. Hey, NBC wouldn't pay a gazillion and a half dollars for the rights to the Olympics if they weren't filled with amazing upsets performed by great human interest stories, which I believe finally more and more people see Daniela as. Let hope spring eternal. Go for the gold, Daniela!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 25. June 2012 23:06 

Local Time:
|20. April 2024| 10:17
A little bit harsh Alex. Hampton has always impressed me,and could well go on to do great things in her career. I just wish she had showed her potential on a different day!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 25. June 2012 23:35 

Local Time:
The late start to the match because of the 5 setter before-hand didn't help. It was pretty gloomy out there and also quite cold which wouldn't have helped the injury.. :oops:

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 25. June 2012 23:40 

Local Time:
|20. April 2024| 03:17
Alex, I like what you said and agree Daniela is a good story.

I wasn't able to see any of today's match but would have seen the 3rd so I was so disappointed it didn't go that far. Several have commented on how great she looked.. POST SOME PICTURES PLEASE.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 26. June 2012 01:21 

Local Time:
My bad, Benji. Permission is granted, however, to scroll back to my post of a few days ago about Hampton and how I thought this match could go. My terminology of her today comes out of frustration...I certainly didn't want to be right!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 26. June 2012 01:28 

Local Time:
|20. April 2024| 09:17
This really sucks. I didn't see the match but from reports and what people have said was that Hampton played well while Daniela was below her best. Daniela kept fighting and saved a couple of match points in the second set but she got thrashed in the tiebreak.

Just looking at the stats, Hampton's first serve was faster than Daniela's with a fastest speed of 111mph and an average of 102mph while Daniela's fastest was 100mph with an average of 93mph which is why Hampton won 81% of her 1st serve points and Daniela only won 52%. Eddy said that Daniela was serving at 95mph at Eastbourne. When Daniela's at her best she'd win a lot of points on her first serve as she'd put in a powerful and accurate serve and dictate the point, but at the moment her serve is basically starting the point.

I remember Daniela saying in February after the Fed Cup tie with France that her shoulder would never be the same and that she wished she could buy a new arm and that she could have surgery on her shoulder but that she didn't want to take six months off at this stage of her career.

"For my part, it certainly was not so, as I was it. Especially on grass, and especially at Wimbledon. Play'm sorry, but I can not choose other than to collect from it. Reflected that this season I had it on the grass little recorded. rival played fearlessly - when she saw a chance and took it," she said after the match.
@ google translate.

Normally, if Daniela did as well as Venus Williams at Wimbledon I'd be really happy, not this time.

Thanks very much for the report, eddy.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 26. June 2012 20:07 

Local Time:
Any word on the condition of Daniela's knee, or even the upper leg? I swear. sometimes you have a better chance of getting an honest answer from a member of the government of North Korea than you do getting updates on Dani! :?
There have been many references to Daniela's 2008 foot injury and its aftermath. I wasn't in the Forum then, and frankly was a more casual fan then, not the Maniac of today. Going back into the archives, I can see how hard it was for you guys to see Daniela's game and rank disintegrate when she returned that year, after one of her best years. And now I know how hard it is, because it does seem so far that history is repeating itself, and this time she's 4 years older, and the combination of injuries is so clearly ruining her game. Still hopeful for an Olympic miracle, which would make it all worth it for Daniela and for us. Here's what I fear: Daniela is multiply gifted, and almost doubtless financially set for life. After I saw her in Miami, my wife was converted and is herself a Daniela Maniac. She's told me that we should make one trip a year to see her play when she's in America. I wonder if that plan is realistic...if there will be a Daniela to see next year or the year after. :cry:

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 27. June 2012 16:50 

Local Time:
There's still the doubles so hopefully Daniela's feeling a bit better and she and Dominika can put in a decent run. Dominika got thrashed by Zakopalova today so Daniela will need to pick her up and they've got quite a tough match against Barthel & Kerber.

Hampton got beaten by Watson in straight sets. Is it just me or does it seem that players play great against Daniela and they've used it all up for their next match? Watson was one of the top juniors and is a good prospect but still.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 27. June 2012 22:36 

Local Time:
SCHEDULE OF PLAY DAY 4

Court 6 11:30 AM

GENTLEMEN'S DOUBLES - 1ST ROUND
Santiago Gonzalez (MEX)[12] / Christopher Kas(GER)[12]
v
Liam Broady (GBR) / Oliver Golding(GBR)

LADIES' DOUBLES - 1ST ROUND
Liezel Huber (USA)[1] / Lisa Raymond(USA)[1]
v
Alexandra Cadantu (ROU) / Saisai Zheng(CHN)

Mona Barthel (GER) / Angelique Kerber(GER)
v
Dominika Cibulkova (SVK) / Daniela Hantuchova(SVK)

Darija Jurak (CRO) / Katalin Marosi(HUN)
vs
Renata Voracova (CZE) / Klara Zakopalova(CZE) To Finish 6-3 5-5

Shahar Peer (ISR) / Yanina Wickmayer(BEL)
v
Agnieszka Radwanska (POL) / Urszula Radwanska(POL)

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 28. June 2012 00:00 

Local Time:
Daniela on course for the wooden spoon...

Hampton was awful today against an ok Heather Watson. I seriously think the lateness of the match and the cold hampered Daniela's performance and favoured Hamptons slice game. She plays so much better when it's hot and sunny as the ball goes through the court more. I BLAME THE SCHEDULE, THE SCHEDULE SUCKED.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 28. June 2012 11:42 

Local Time:
Daniela's playing mixed doubles. She's partnering Filip Polasek of Slovakia (he could be her partner at the Olympics) and their first match is against Watson and Hutchins of Britain. The winners play Srebotnik & Nemonjic who got a bye.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 28. June 2012 15:50 

Local Time:
Doubles is on. Unfortunately court 6 isn't televised so it's just the livescores.

1-0, Daniela & Dominika hold to 0.
2-0, Daniela & Dominika break to 30 on their 3rd BP.
3-0, Daniela & Dominika hold to 30.
4-0, Daniela & Dominika come from 40-15 down to break winning the next 4 points.
5-0, Daniela & Dominika hold on their 3rd GP. Barthel & Kerber leveled from 40-15 to deuce but Daniela & Dominika won the next 2 points.
6-0, Daniela & Dominika come from 30-0 down to break for the first set.

2nd set:

1-0, Daniela & Dominika hold to 15. Scoreboard went from 40-15 to 0-15 in the next game.
2-0, Daniela & Dominika break to 0.
3-0, Daniela & Dominika hold to 15.
4-0, Daniela & Dominika break to 30.
5-0, Daniela & Dominika hold to 30.
5-1, Barthel & Kerber hold to 30. The scoreboard went from 15-30 to 15-40 giving Daniela & Dominika 2MPs then it went back to 15-30 then 30-30 so I don't know what happened there.
6-1, Daniela & Dominika serve it out 30 winning it on their 1st match point.

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 28. June 2012 16:23 

Local Time:
|20. April 2024| 03:17
I am thinking both Daniela and Dominika are highly driven in this match to keep playing at Wimbledon and for the Olympics. they could deliver a double bagel. 6-0 and now 4-0

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 28. June 2012 16:33 

Local Time:
What a great doubles result!!! :D :D congrats!!!

BTW: Germany will win against Italy today :P :mrgreen:

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 28. June 2012 16:41 

Local Time:
Really good win in the doubles and Daniela & Dominika have the makings of a good team. It would have been great to have gotten the double bagel but a 6-0 6-1 win against players as good as Kerber & Barthel is a great win. Kerber had quite a tough singles match earlier today against Makarova so she probably wasn't fully focused on doubles but she'd have been trying and Daniela & Dominika put in a really strong performance.

It's such a pity they couldn't have played together in Brussels and Roland Garros.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 76 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next