Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Career Grand Slam
 Post subject: Re: Mutua Madrid Open, Madrid
PostPosted: 16. May 2012 15:42 

Local Time:
|18. April 2024| 00:07
If Dani plays the French, that will be with 4 1/2 weeks off, and everything I have read says the quickest one recovers from this sort of ailment is 6 weeks. It would also be with 1 crummy doubles match on clay as "preperation". It doesn't seem to make much sense to risk coming back too soon just to get blasted in the 1st round. What's killing me, and I'm sure all the rest of us, is not knowing anything. Is she practicing, training, enjoying the Rome restaurant which she says has the best pizza in the world? Is the foot getting better? Sure would like even a teensy weensy tidbit of info fron Daniela or the press.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 16. May 2012 16:20 

Local Time:
|18. April 2024| 06:07
Daniela is SO bad at keeping her fans informed...it's really annoying.

I think if Daniela is given the all-clear to play RG then she should play. You can't win a grand slam unless you enter!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 16. May 2012 16:57 

Local Time:
|18. April 2024| 05:07
I can only say that this is very worrying. I thought that there was a decent chance that Daniela might play in Brussels mainly because she was going to be playing doubles there which she hadn't committed to for Madrid or Rome, but she's not going to be playing at all. I don't know if it's good or bad that Daniela's withdrawn from Brussels earlier than she did for Madrid or Rome.

The parallel's with four years ago are scary as Daniela got injured in the autumn, the same sort of injury as well, she has a great run in Australia, she gets injured in her first clay event and the clay season is a write off.

Given Daniela's age, she has to take the time to make sure she's fully recovered and that's more important than any tournament except the Olympica which she'll be desperate to play in. It's just such a worry that injuries just seem to be adding up and she just can't get fully fit. Over the past couple of years Daniela's played great tennis when she's been fit but she keeps getting hampered by injury. It's heart breaking and if it's frustrating for us then how bad must it be for Daniela?

Stay strong and get well soon Daniela.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 16. May 2012 23:26 

Local Time:
It's still no excuse for keeping us fans in the dark...

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 17. May 2012 00:11 

Local Time:

Rehab may not be going that well. Daniela probably doesn't like delivering nothing but bad tidings................... :cry:

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 18. May 2012 00:43 

Local Time:

Daniela just posted on her FB page......that she's proud of the hockey team beating Canada in the World Championships. :roll: Shall we call that no news is good news?

Let's Go, Daniela!

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 18. May 2012 03:04 

Local Time:
:(

"Just talked to Pistolesi about Hantuchova. She is not sure to be back for the Roland Garros but she will definitely be on grass" @enricomariariva

hellene fan
PostPosted: 19. May 2012 09:09 

Local Time:
any news?

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 21. May 2012 16:29 

Local Time:
Hantuchova is missing in Paris, not Rybarikova
SITA | 21 May 2012 16:08 - updated 21/05/2012 17:01
Slovak tennis player Daniela Hantuchova as the 2008 season will not start for health reasons in the second season Grand Slam Roland Garros in Paris (May 27-June 10, grant 18.718 million euros, clay).

Dvadsaťdeväťročná Poprad native missing in competitive events since the April match on clay in Marbella with the Spaniard for the Fed Cup World Group 2013, Hošťka then won 3-2. Hantuchova missed the meantime events in Stuttgart, Madrid, Rome and Brussels to respond to load legs.

Melbourne Australian Open semifinalist in 2008 was in the French city far away in the fourth osemfinálového round, and in seasons 2002, 2006, 2010 and 2011. Last year, the sixteen best not enough for Russia Svetlana Kuznetsova (7-6 / 6 /, 3:6, 2:6) after the third round broke the then leader of the rankings Caroline Wozniacki of Denmark sovereign 6:1, 6:3. Three years ago, was absent in the international open championships of France in the fatigue fracture of the calcaneus on the right foot.
@ google translate

Hantuchova eventually not even start in Paris
21.05.2012 16:40:00
PARIS (AP) - Slovak tennis player Daniela Hantuchova (pictured) as well as the 2008 season will not start for health reasons in the second season Grand Slam Roland Garros in Paris (May 27-June 10, grant 18.718 million euros, clay).

Dvadsaťdeväťročná Poprad native missing in competitive events since the April match on clay in Marbella with the Spaniard for the Fed Cup World Group 2013, Hošťka then won 3-2. Hantuchova missed the meantime events in Stuttgart, Madrid, Rome and Brussels to respond to load legs.

Melbourne Australian Open semifinalist in 2008 was in the French city far away in the fourth osemfinálového round, and in seasons 2002, 2006, 2010 and 2011. Last year, the sixteen best not enough for Russia Svetlana Kuznetsova (7-6 / 6 /, 3:6, 2:6) after the third round broke the then leader of the rankings Caroline Wozniacki of Denmark sovereign 6:1, 6:3. Three years ago, was absent in the international open championships of France in the fatigue fracture of the calcaneus on the right foot.
@ google translate.

This report differs:
Hantuchova and Rybarikova should play at Roland Garros
BRATISLAVA. Slovak tennis player Daniela Hantuchova and Magdalena Rybarikova by the health problems of the rest period did not miss a second of the season Grand Slam Roland Garros in Paris (May 27-June 10, grant 18.718 million euros, clay).

"Magda was with me today for examination, with Daniela I am dealing with. Both should play at Roland Garros," said SITA Slovakian Fed Cup national team doctor Roman Fano.

Hantuchova is missing in competitive events since the April match on clay in Marbella with a Spaniard World Group Fed Cup 2013, Hošťka then won 3-2. Popradská native meanwhile missed the tournament in Stuttgart, Madrid, Rome and Brussels to respond to load legs. Rybarikova before last week withdrew from the semifinals ITF event in Cagnes-sur-Mer for back problems.

The third law of Slovakia to start directly in the singles main competition in the French capital is Dominika Cibulkova, the qualification from the middle of a Jana Cepelova.
@ google translate
That's the only report that indicates Daniela might play Roland Garros, all the others are that she won't.

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 21. May 2012 19:01 

Local Time:
:cry: :cry: :cry:
Official from RG twitter:
4 players have withdrawn on the women's side: Szavau, Petkovic, Hantuchova & Bacsinszky,replaced by Johansson, Tsurenko, PousTio & Ormaechea

Profile WWW

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 21. May 2012 20:16 

Local Time:
That sucks big time but probably the right decision. Hopefully she will give us info and she will be 100% for the grass season and Olympics. RG will be so boring without her. And she would have been no.17 seed..

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 21. May 2012 23:54 

Local Time:
No Dani, No Party.

Get well soon and stay strong, Daniela.

Site Admin
PostPosted: 22. May 2012 16:10 

Local Time:
too bad but I believe it was the right decision. It's a terrible injury and clay isn't the best surface for her to start on so smart move. She'll then have at least 2 weeks extra to heal/rest and get back on her favorite surface.

Profile WWW

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 22. May 2012 18:16 

Local Time:
:cry:

Hard to be optimistic-the injury seems to be as severe as the one in 2008. It took a long time before she was able to play anywhere near her best after that injury.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 23. May 2012 03:25 

Local Time:
OK guys, anyone taking encouragement from Daniela's FB/Twitter messages? One could argue that they don't really specify anything, but it's obvious that she badly wants to be back for the grass tourneys. If she plays Birmingham, it will be 7 weeks, which is in the normal time range for recovery of an athlete from this injury. I wasn't in the Forum in '08, so I took a look back at messages from then as well as Dani's record after she returned. As many of you are able to recall, it wasn't good (10-13, one semi and 2 QF's, losses to people that even their parents forgot existed). The comments from then did pique my interest. One complained about weeks without news from Dani (so until today, that would be called The More Things Change, The More They Don't). One lamented that she would never recover and her career was over. :lol: Now, it's legit to worry that history will repeat and Daniela will struggle upon her return (and it can't be ignored that both '08 and '12 are leap years :!: ). Play it safe and follow her return with that expectation, and we can be right, or we can be happy. Just allow me to place this here for your consideration: Outside of the injury, the only other thing that has repeated history for Dani in 2012 is.....Pattaya City!!
Lat's Go, Daniela!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next