Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 269 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Tier I Title Holder
 Post subject: Re: The Championships, Wimbledon
PostPosted: 26. June 2008 21:11 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 08:56
So close Daniela. Im really happy to have watched your match. Made my day. Thankyou.

Welldone to Kleybanova for coming through.

Stay Safe all from Mathius

Profile WWWYIM

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 26. June 2008 22:19 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 09:56
Well, it was the result we were waiting for. :(

I saw the match from 2-4 in the second set. If Daniela won the second set, it was only because Alisa played very badly. In one game, she made three double faults.
Daniela didn't play well. But she was obviously not 100 % healthy. She didn't run much. She wasn't moving well. She didn't hit the ball well, her strokes were not powerful. I think it's because of her injury. She wasn't often in a good position to hit the ball correctly. So she made many unforced errors.
In the third set, Alisa was much smarter than at the end of the second set. Instead of hitting the ball very strongly, taking a lot of risks, she began to hit the ball in the court, waiting for Daniela's errors.

I hope one day Daniela will completely recover her capacities. But maybe she has to wait again before playing other tournaments. She seems to need a long period without playing again.

She lost. But there are worst things in life.

Fan de Daniela en toutes circonstances.

Site Admin
PostPosted: 26. June 2008 22:38 

Local Time:
I hope one day Daniela will completely recover her capacities. But maybe she has to wait again before playing other tournaments. She seems to need a long period without playing again.
But to recover, to get her confidence back she needs to play. She said that she didn't feel pain, but obviously it's still in her subconsciousness. To get rid of doubts she needs matches and practice. From my long time tennis observations it takes approximately 4-5 tournaments before players find the old form after coming back from a long time lay off caused by injury. Some players need less tournaments, some more, but I expect 4-5 tournaments before Daniela is back 100%.
Of course only if she really is healthy. If not then continue the treatment.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 26. June 2008 23:01 

Local Time:
It's a disappointing result although a lot of credit must go to Kleybanova who played very well and hit a lot of winners. It was obvious that Daniela wasn't fit and a lot of the time was struggling with her movement, plus a lot of the time Kleybanova was blasting winners past her and Kleybanova's power showed Daniela's lack of mobility as she couldn't get in position a lot of the time. The start of the third was crucial as Kleybanova was wobbling mentally after losing the second and whether Daniela needed the toilet or wanted to ice Kleybanova, the toilet break seemed to allow Kleybanova to recover her composure and she played a lot better. The third and fourth games of the third were crucial and I think if Daniela had broken in the third game she'd have gone on to win. She had bad luck on the net cord and she should have followed the return in on the third break point when she hit a good return. I don't think Daniela thought Kleybanova would return the shot but she did and Daniela wasn't in a good position to hit the shot and netted. Kleybanova went on to hold, she broke Daniela in the next game and she had the momentum and confidence to run away with it while Daniela's lack of matches and fitness told. A lot of credit must go to Kleybanova who played very well, but I'm sure that a fit and healthy Daniela would have won. It's disappointing Daniela lost but hopefully she rests and rehabs and gets back to full fitness.

One big concern for me was that at 3-3 in the first, Kleybanova hit a shot that wrong footed Daniela and as she turned, she pressed down on her heel and she grimaced and for the games afterwards Daniela's movement and game really seemed limited, so I really hope that she didn't do any damage there. For me, it's a good tournament if Daniela's healthy and continues to recover; it's been a bad tournament if she's aggravated her heel. I just hope for good news on that front.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Last edited by chungwit on 26. June 2008 23:24, edited 1 time in total.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 26. June 2008 23:18 

Local Time:
Hey guys,

I was at Daniela's match today. I had a great view of the court and these are the points I would like to make:

1. The most disappointing thing about today was the fact that Daniela seemed to go on the court already defeated. She was very down from the first point. She is obviously still worried and upset about her foot but she could have least pretended to be revved up for the match. I felt this gave Key belief right from the start. It was only until the middle of the 2nd set when Kley's form went down that sDaniela started to believe. But that disappeared when she missed opportunties to break in the 3rd game of the 3rd set.

2. Daniela's movement today was much worse than 2 days ago against Errani. Daniela seemed almost to be too lightfooted on the ground, there was no drive off from the ground on her groundstrokes resulting in many balls travelling at a relatively weak speed, coming up short which i also think is down to her injury. When she tried to go for her shots, she couldn't find the balance resulting in balls going long. Kleybanova has a very good serve and it was on form for most of the match.

3. I think a big mistake of Daniela's was to take a toilet break after the 2nd set. Daniela at that point had the momentum in her favour. She had finally gotten into the match and seemed more confident. When she came back from the toilet she seemed cold and rusty again, like the 1st set. Why take a toilet break when your winning? Even if she did actually need the toilet she could have waited till half way through the set.

4. Kleybanova went for her shots and like Dechy said about Ivanovic "made her own luck by going for it". Daniela was too tentative (im sure through lack of match practice and the worry of the injury) and not one net cord went in her favour.

5. The conditions in the final set were very difficult. The weather reminded me of last years 1st set against Srebotnik in the 3rd round 2007. The wind and overcast conditions did not help Daniela at all.

6. Overall I hope Daniela is not too tough on herself for this loss. She managed to win one match after almost 3 months away from the game. I actually think that Errani has much more to her game than Kleybanova. kleybanova reminds me alot of Bartoli - just hits - no variety. However, variety is what lacked from Daniela;s performance today for she did not exploit Kely's average movement skills. There were hardly any angles and i don't recall a single drop shot or - she played into Kely's hands.

Hope this gives you a feel for what it was like to watch Daniela today. The crowd were so supportive of Daniela - it is was virtually silent when Kleybanova won.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 26. June 2008 23:31 

Local Time:
Thanks for the report, Eddy. It's good to hear from someone that was there and while credit has to go to Kleybanova, Daniela wasn't at her best. What was she like after the match?

Did you have a good time the rest of the time?

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 26. June 2008 23:58 

Local Time:
Thanks Chungwit - i like you comments too! Daniela had virtually packed away her stuff before the change of ends anyway so she was very quick to leave the court. Kleybanova's reaction to winning was actually quite subdued considering. There was also no foul play from Kleybanova throughout, I think she has a good attitude. I see her beating Sugiyama in straights,

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 27. June 2008 00:06 

Local Time:
Did you see any players doing anything weird or mundane or any coaches having a smoke or anything like that?

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 27. June 2008 00:15 

Local Time:
All in all i went to wimbledon on tuesday and thursday and they were two of the most amazing days of my life.

Some kids were pestering Roddick for autographs today near the practice courts and they were being really loud and shouting "Roddick can i kiss your hat!"...Roddick told them off and said "can you quiet it down, players are trying to practice!" - That was quite funny!

Nicole Vaidisova was doing an autograph session and she seemed really happy and bubbly for once.

It seems all the female tennis players' mums go round picking up balls whilst their daughters practice...I didn't see Daniela practice once - and i visited quite a lot, but maybe she was on the courts at the back.

Serena got shoved in the face by accident by a member of the crowd as she left her late night doubles match tonight. Richard Williams was in buoyant mood.

I'll try and remember other things over the course of the next few days!

Saw Vera Dushevina on the practice courts and she is so tall!!! Didn't think she was!

Site Admin
PostPosted: 27. June 2008 00:21 

Local Time:
No wonder you didn't see Daniela practicing as she practically doesn't in order not to overburden the heel. She is in a phase of her comeback when she takes it lightly.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 27. June 2008 00:27 

Local Time:
Good point Martin! My predicted 4th rounders are now as follows:

Ivanovic(1) vs Szavay(15)
Dellacqua vs Chavetadze (8)
Kuznetsova(4) vs A.Radwanska(14)
Bartoli(11) vs Serena(6)

Dementieva(5) vs Safina(9)
Azarenka(16) vs Kudryavtseva
Venus (7) vs Kleybanova
Tanasugarn vs Jankovic(2)

Of all the players I've seen Jankovic and Safina were the most impressive.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 27. June 2008 00:45 

Local Time:

Some kids were pestering Roddick for autographs today near the practice courts and they were being really loud and shouting "Roddick can i kiss your hat!"...Roddick told them off and said "can you quiet it down, players are trying to practice!" - That was quite funny!

That's why he lost, distracted by the kids.
Serena got shoved in the face by accident by a member of the crowd as she left her late night doubles match tonight.
:lol: I know it's wrong but that cracked me up.

hellene fan
PostPosted: 27. June 2008 13:38 

Local Time:
One big concern for me was that at 3-3 in the first, Kleybanova hit a shot that wrong footed Daniela and as she turned, she pressed down on her heel and she grimaced and for the games afterwards Daniela's movement and game really seemed limited, so I really hope that she didn't do any damage there. For me, it's a good tournament if Daniela's healthy and continues to recover; it's been a bad tournament if she's aggravated her heel. I just hope for good news on that front.

i share you thoughts

But to recover, to get her confidence back she needs to play. She said that she didn't feel pain, but obviously it's still in her subconsciousness. To get rid of doubts she needs matches and practice. From my long time tennis observations it takes approximately 4-5 tournaments before players find the old form after coming back from a long time lay off caused by injury. Some players need less tournaments, some more, but I expect 4-5 tournaments before Daniela is back 100%.
Of course only if she really is healthy. If not then continue the treatment.

totally agree
thanks eddy for you report.

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 27. June 2008 17:00 

Local Time:
I got a new passport, flew here and found that she lost. I thought maybe she would have been playing doubles. Oh well, I am going back now.

Ah nevermind Jacob. Maybie next year ;)

Stay Safe all from Mathius

Profile WWWYIM

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 27. June 2008 19:29 

Local Time:
Results - Friday 27th June

Singles 3rd Round:

(WC) Zheng Jie (CHN) bt. (1) Ana Ivanovic (SRB) 6-1 6-4, (4) Svetlana Kuznetsova (RUS) bt. (Q) Barbora Zahlavova Strycova (CZE) 6-2 6-4, (6) Serena Williams (USA) bt. (29) Amélie Mauresmo (FRA) 7-6(5) 6-1, (8) Anna Chakvetadze (RUS) bt. Evgeniya Rodina (RUS) 6-4 6-3, Bethanie Mattek (USA) bt. (11) Marion Bartoli (FRA) 6-4 6-1, (14) Agnieszka Radwanska (POL) bt. (Q) Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova (RUS) 6-3 6-2, (15) Agnes Szavay (HUN) bt. Anabel Medina Garrigues (ESP) 7-6(5) 2-6 6-2, (18) Nicole Vaidisova (CZE) bt. Casey Dellacqua (AUS) 6-2 6-4

Seeds Knocked Out Today:
Ana Ivanovic (1)
Marion Bartoli (11)
Amelie Mauresmo (29)

http://www.facebook.com/scotthatley1987
http://twitter.com/scotthatley87

Profile WWW

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 269 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next