Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 269 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Site Admin
 Post subject: Re: The Championships, Wimbledon
PostPosted: 20. June 2008 08:34 

Local Time:
|2. May 2024| 03:13
I think it all depends on whether or not the player changes her last name. If she like Bammer, Davenport etc keeps her maiden name, she will still be Miss, but if she changes her last name to that of her husband (like Justine did), Wimbledon will label her Mrs.

Profile WWW

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 20. June 2008 10:59 

Local Time:
Daniela's draw:

1st Round: Errani
2nd Round: Kleybanova/Obziler
3rd Round: Pennetta/Vakulenko/Sugiyama/Wickmayer
4th Round: Venus Williams/Mirza

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 20. June 2008 11:05 

Local Time:
|2. May 2024| 02:13
Ivanovic will start against De Los Rios
Jankovic wil start against Savchuk
Sharapova will play qualifier Foretz
V.Williams will play wild card Naomi Cavaday
S.Williams will play Kanepi
Davenport will play Voracova
Mauresmo will play Harkleroad

Venus, Maria and Jelena are on one side of the draw, Ana and Serena are on the other side - so a fairly even split (not like at Roland Garros).

Federer will play Hrbaty
Nadal will play Beck
Djokovic will play Berrer
Murray will play Santoro
Hewitt will play Hasse

Big news on men's draw is that Federer and Djokovic are in the same half and could meet in semi's. Federer could also meet Monfils in R3 and Hewitt in R4 - not an easy draw for the defending champion.

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Complete MD
PostPosted: 20. June 2008 11:34 

Local Time:
|2. May 2024| 04:13

media master
PostPosted: 20. June 2008 12:53 

Local Time:
in topform that would be a nice draw except Venus even though she isn't the one from the previous years, now i don't look farther then Errani... i just hope she doesn't get injured again .

i wonder in wich camp Marco Panichi will be lol :D

Fan of Daniela Hantuchova since the Australian Open 2002 Other players: Azarenka,Wozniacki,Henin,Safarova,Benesova

hellene fan
PostPosted: 20. June 2008 14:54 

Local Time:
i wish and hope is medical ok 100%

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 20. June 2008 17:20 

Local Time:
|1. May 2024| 20:13
I really hope that she is coming in feeling real well. I don't want her coming in having doubts about her injury or lack of play becasue that that could effect her play. The worst thing for her would be to get injured again or worse.

my fingers are crossed! Good Luck!! :)

btw, does anyone know that outcome of the exhibition against o'brien?

blue webmaster
PostPosted: 20. June 2008 17:29 

Local Time:
btw, does anyone know that outcome of the exhibition against o'brien?

I dont know how reliable tennisforum.com (formally wtaworld.com) is but aparently Daniela played a won on a champions tie break Dani won 6-2 1-6 (10-5). No news though on how she played and her injury, just the score

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 20. June 2008 18:17 

Local Time:
Its not a great draw, in my opinion its quite a tricky draw, made even more so considering that this is Daniela's first full tournament since her injury. Errani has played 2 grass court matches in the last 2 years and wasnt ranked high enough to qualify for Wimbledon last year so didnt play on grass once last season, so she is an improving player.

If Daniela is 100% she should win, and It would do her the world of good if she did pick up a win or two, but if she doesnt she shouldnt get down on herself and understand that its not all going to click in an instance.

If Daniela loses to Errani, then fair enough. If she reaches the 4th Round which her seeding suggests then i think it will be one of the biggest achievements in her career.

Scott

http://www.facebook.com/scotthatley1987
http://twitter.com/scotthatley87

Profile WWW

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 20. June 2008 18:19 

Local Time:
Next Opponent...

Sara Errani (ITA)

WTA Ranking: 57
Birthplace: Bologna, Italy
Height: 5'4 1/2"
YTD W/L: 15-15
2007 W/L: 41-28

Head to Head Record vs Daniela: 0-0

Scott

http://www.facebook.com/scotthatley1987
http://twitter.com/scotthatley87

Profile WWW

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 20. June 2008 18:26 

Local Time:
Not bad that draw. Too bad that this is her first tournament after that long break. An in-form Daniela would have had great chances I think. Now every single match is a great challange for her and every win would be great.

Daniela H A N T U C H O V A
Rafael N A D A L

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 20. June 2008 19:02 

Local Time:
If Daniela loses to Errani, then fair enough. If she reaches the 4th Round which her seeding suggests then i think it will be one of the biggest achievements in her career.

Scott

I totally agree

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 20. June 2008 19:23 

Local Time:
The main thing I'm hoping for is that Daniela doesn't get injured. If she gets through without getting hurt then it's a good tournament, regardless of the results.
There are obviously big doubts about her health and O'Brien taking the second set 6-1 against Daniela does raise questions about her match fitness, so I've got doubts about how competitive she can be. If Daniela was fully fit and in her Linz/ Australian Open form then I'd really feel she'd get to at least the fourth round and would have a very good chance against Venus, but giving her problems coming in, you really have to take this one match at a time. I favour Daniela against Errani as Errani really has no grass record to speak of, but she gave Davenport a tough match at the Australian Open and beat Szavay in Rome this year and also gave Azarenka and Cornet tough matches on clay, so she is someone capable of giving good players a test and given Daniela's fitness issues, it could be a very big test.

Obziler's either ancient or a veteran depending on sensibility and a healthy Daniela would beat her easily enough but Obziler is a retriever who'll get balls back and that could make things difficult given Daniela's fitness while Kleybanova, in my view the more likely opponent, is an up-and-comer who's had some decent results this year and has the capabilty to make things very difficult for Daniela.

Third round is a difficult one as Vakulenko beat Daniela at the US Open, Ai beat her in Miami, Wickmayer played well against Daniela in Antwerp and got to the Birmingham final while Pennetta's had some good results this year, albeit on clay, and had some good wins in Asia at the end of last year, so she'll be confident. Any one of the players would be tough opponents, especially given Daniela's fitness and she may not get to the third round.

I think we all know about Venus.

There are still question marks about Daniela's health and fitness and for me if she won a couple of matches and comes through without injury, then that would make this a good tournament for Daniela but it wouldn't bother me if Daniela lost early on if it meant she didn't get hurt and had more time for rest and rehab. I just hope that she gets through this with her health intact.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 20. June 2008 22:43 

Local Time:
|1. May 2024| 20:13
For those in the United States, DirecTV offers free (aside from the usual fee of course) coverage of five to six matches at once for Wimbledon. This affords us the rare opportunity to see Daniela (presumably, she would be in one of the five to six biggest matches at one given time) early in a tournament. Particularly given that this is her first match back in months, I'm really anxious to see her first round match. I'll gladly provide everyone with a report here, though it will be delayed until the evening because of that pesky job of mine.

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 21. June 2008 00:16 

Local Time:
WOW :) Finally the 1st tournament of Daniela in this FORUM it's HAPPENING.

I'm very very happyyyyy :D :D :D :D

And good luck DANI :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 269 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next