Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 269 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Career Grand Slam
 Post subject: Re: The Championships, Wimbledon
PostPosted: 27. June 2008 21:43 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 10:36
Match between Ancic and Ferrer was high-quality all the way through, Ancic finally winning 6-4 6-4 6-7 7-6.

Safin is also through against Seppi, winning 7-6 3-6 7-6 6-4.

Seeds out on Friday:
D.Ferrer[5] to M.Ancic
T.Berdych[11] to F.Verdasco[22]
A.Seppi[29] to M.Safin

David Ferrer, despite losing, will become the new world number 4 when the latest rankings are released, narrowly overtaking Nikolay Davydenko who lost in the first round this year. Ferrer will have 3035 points and Davydenko will have 2975.

media master
PostPosted: 27. June 2008 23:10 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 11:36
Berdych keeps being stuck between position 10-20 , not much big wins against the big names, or big titles or going really far at a slam. :(

Fan of Daniela Hantuchova since the Australian Open 2002 Other players: Azarenka,Wozniacki,Henin,Safarova,Benesova

Site Admin
PostPosted: 27. June 2008 23:14 

Local Time:
Berdych keeps being stuck between position 10-20 , not much big wins against the big names, or big titles or going really far at a slam. :(
With such a bad movement I am surprised he managed to get so high in the ranks.

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 27. June 2008 23:49 

Local Time:
Yes, I missed my flight and I'm stuck in Gatwick Airport now with no credit cards.

Oh thats awful. Hope you get home soon ;)

Stay Safe all from Mathius

Profile WWWYIM

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 27. June 2008 23:52 

Local Time:
But to recover, to get her confidence back she needs to play. She said that she didn't feel pain, but obviously it's still in her subconsciousness. To get rid of doubts she needs matches and practice. From my long time tennis observations it takes approximately 4-5 tournaments before players find the old form after coming back from a long time lay off caused by injury. Some players need less tournaments, some more, but I expect 4-5 tournaments before Daniela is back 100%.
Of course only if she really is healthy. If not then continue the treatment.

I totally agree with this summary, they were my same thoughts too. There is a big difference between being physically fit and psychologically fit. A long-term injury will have two healing processes, one usually follows the other. The first is the physical recovery which will allow you to be able to start playing again, but the second, the psychological recovery may take much longer to heal and that will only clear after several more tournaments which will be needed to eradicate any fears of the injury reoccurring.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 28. June 2008 10:19 

Local Time:
One big concern for me was that at 3-3 in the first, Kleybanova hit a shot that wrong footed Daniela and as she turned, she pressed down on her heel and she grimaced and for the games afterwards Daniela's movement and game really seemed limited, so I really hope that she didn't do any damage there. For me, it's a good tournament if Daniela's healthy and continues to recover; it's been a bad tournament if she's aggravated her heel. I just hope for good news on that front.

Yeah I also saw that and was worried in this moment. You are totally right, after that situation, especially in the first set, the qualityof movement went down dramatically IMO. During the second set it got better again. But especially balls against running direction, Daniela mostly just didn't try to get them - maybe to difficult and dangerous thinking of the injury.

Daniela H A N T U C H O V A
Rafael N A D A L

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 28. June 2008 10:21 

Local Time:
It is really hard to see that this year there are really good chances to win the title - or to reach at least SF or final. Many good players are already out and a 100% Daniela would have had a great chance this year to make a really good result I think. Too bad.

Daniela H A N T U C H O V A
Rafael N A D A L

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 28. June 2008 13:56 

Local Time:
There was also no foul play from Kleybanova throughout, I think she has a good attitude. I see her beating Sugiyama in straights

Spot on there eddy...

Alisa Kleybanova (RUS) bt. Ai Sugiyama (JPN) 6-4 6-4

Scott

http://www.facebook.com/scotthatley1987
http://twitter.com/scotthatley87

Profile WWW

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 28. June 2008 18:20 

Local Time:
Results - Saturday 28th June

Singles 3rd Round:

(2) Jelena Jankovic (SRB) bt. (31) Caroline Wozniacki (DEN) 2-6 6-4 6-2, (5) Elena Dementieva (RUS) bt. Gisela Dulko (ARG) 7-6(2) 7-5, (7) Venus Williams (USA) bt. (Q) María José Martínez Sánchez (ESP) 6-1 7-5, (24) Shahar Peer (ISR) bt. (9) Dinara Safina (RUS) 7-5 6-7(4) 8-6, (21) Nadia Petrova (RUS) bt. (16) Victoria Azarenka (BLR) 7-6(11) 7-6(4), Alisa Kleybanova (RUS) bt. Ai Sugiyama (JPN) 6-4 6-4, Tamarine Tanasugarn (THA) bt. Marina Erakovic (NZL) 4-6 6-4 6-4, Alla Kurdyavtseva (RUS) bt. Peng Shuai (CHN) 6-3 1-6 6-4

Seeds Knocked Out Today:
Dinara Safina (9)
Victoria Azarenka (16)
Caroline Wozniacki (31)

Profile WWW

blue webmaster
PostPosted: 28. June 2008 22:23 

Local Time:
jacob... everythings gonna be alright ;)

so this was Day 6
no big surprises IMO, except Tipsarevic who won against Tursunov 7-6(1) 7-6(3) 6-3, and I'm quite happy about it :)

the last remaining serbian female hope Jankovic also reached the fourth round by defeating Wozniacki 2-6 6-4 6-2
i would have prefered Wozniacki to win this, especially after a convincing first set (i only saw some highlights but she seemed to play not bad at all)...

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 29. June 2008 00:16 

Local Time:
the last remaining serbian female hope Jankovic also reached the fourth round by defeating Wozniacki 2-6 6-4 6-2
i would have prefered Wozniacki to win this, especially after a convincing first set (i only saw some highlights but she seemed to play not bad at all)...

I watched the entire Wozniacki vs Jankovic match and she played brilliantly well in the 1st set and not half bad in the 2nd and 3rd sets, Jankovic though picked up her game after the first set while Wozniacki still played well more and more unforced errors creeped in while Jankovic applied more pressure.

I cant help but dislike Jankovic at the moment, I dont watch her matches that much in all fairness but the last two ive seen, this one and the french open semi final, she complained about EVERYTHING!!! Today she made about 10 challenges and about, well, all of them came after coaching from her team and most of them she got wrong anyway, then she called for the trainer to strap up her knee, 2 sets after getting the injury, then complained about the doctors job of doing the strapping and kept on complaining at every change over.

Rrrrr, she grates on me sometimes, apart from that I dont really have any reason to dislike her, but I REALLY hope she doesnt get the top 1 spot after this tournament

Scott

Profile WWW

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 29. June 2008 00:22 

Local Time:
Did anyone see Safina's strop today at the end of her match against Peer. Does anyone know what that was all about. Might of been something to do with losing a 3 hour plus match at wimbledon, but she hardly shook hands with Peer and didnt even bother shaking hands with the umpire, wonder where she got that tendancy from?! lol

Scott

Profile WWW

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 29. June 2008 01:15 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 06:36
Poor Safina, she was in pain at the end of the match. Still, a bit of an attitude. Guys, what about danka's post match press conferecenes? Did any of you catch one?. Just wanted to know what she said, maybe a about her injury.

Site Admin
PostPosted: 29. June 2008 10:13 

Local Time:
I really wanted Wozniacki to win. I was following live scores at work, and was so thrilled to see how she had won the first set. I really thought she could win this one. Though I would rather have Jankovic being number 1 than Ivanovic and Sharapova, so this win is welcomed if you look at it like that. Though JJ will (I hope) lose to Venus

Profile WWW

media master
PostPosted: 29. June 2008 12:59 

Local Time:
Poor Safina, she was in pain at the end of the match. Still, a bit of an attitude. Guys, what about danka's post match press conferecenes? Did any of you catch one?. Just wanted to know what she said, maybe a about her injury.

there were a few one in slovak part of this forum but none on the wimbledon site. Im still looking for a good translator for full text messages and not for every slovakian word .

Fan of Daniela Hantuchova since the Australian Open 2002 Other players: Azarenka,Wozniacki,Henin,Safarova,Benesova

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 269 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next