Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 269 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Tier I Title Holder
 Post subject: Re: The Championships, Wimbledon
PostPosted: 21. June 2008 04:47 

Local Time:
|19. April 2024| 16:24
For those in the United States, DirecTV offers free (aside from the usual fee of course) coverage of five to six matches at once for Wimbledon. This affords us the rare opportunity to see Daniela (presumably, she would be in one of the five to six biggest matches at one given time) early in a tournament. Particularly given that this is her first match back in months, I'm really anxious to see her first round match. I'll gladly provide everyone with a report here, though it will be delayed until the evening because of that pesky job of mine.

AHH! I have comcast!! ( :evil: :lol: )

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 21. June 2008 15:36 

Local Time:
|19. April 2024| 22:24
I think Daniela will win against Errani in straight sets on the basis that Daniela is great on grass and has far more experience (despite the injury and lack of practice). O'Brien has been playing well and has reasonable grass court results so losing a set against her was no big deal, and anyway it was an exhibition match.

Kleybanova in R2 could be a threat because she is going into Wimbledon on the back of good form, winning through qualifying in Eastbourne (beat Rodina, Olaru and Dechy) and then reaching the quarters in the main draw (beat South and Rezai), where she lost to Bartoli who played a very good match.

If she gets past the Russian then she will have defended a large number of her points and reached the 3R of a slam which would not be a poor result considering the past few months. I would hope Daniela gets to this stage where she would then get a very tough test against an in-form player such as Wickmayer or Pennetta. This would allow her to see how well she has recovered and possibly provide her with confidence for the American hard-court season which is where I think we will see some of her better results and the Daniela of October/November 07' and January 08'.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 22. June 2008 13:26 

Local Time:
Wimbledon OOP - Monday 22nd June

Centre Court - 1pm Start
Roger Federer (SUI)(1) vs. Dominik Hrbaty (SVK)
Ana Ivanovic (SRB)(1) vs. Rossana De Los Rios (PAR)
Novak Djokovic (SRB)(3) vs. Michael Berrer (GER)

Court 1 - 1pm Start
Kaia Kanepi (EST) vs. Serena Williams (USA)(6)
Lleyton Hewitt (AUS)(20) vs. Robin Haase (NED)
Frank Dancevic (CAN) vs. David Nalbandian (ARG)(7)

Court 2 - 12pm Start
Marcos Baghdatis (CYP)(10) vs. Steve Darcis (BEL)
Svetlana Kuznetsova (RUS)(4) vs. Mathilde Johansson (FRA)
Sergiy Stakhovsky (UKR) vs. David Ferrer (ESP)(5)
Marion Bartoli (FRA)(11) vs. Sabine Katharin Lisicki (GER)

So as expected no Daniela tomorrow. Tradition told us that before the tournament anyway as the mens champion opens play on the monday and the womens champion opens play on tuesday, so with Daniela in Venus's section she plays tomorrow

Scott

http://www.facebook.com/scotthatley1987
http://twitter.com/scotthatley87

Profile WWW

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 22. June 2008 17:09 

Local Time:
|19. April 2024| 23:24
Not too bad for Daniela this schedule. An extra day for her to pratice and prepare for her opening match. Also some time to recover.

Daniela H A N T U C H O V A
Rafael N A D A L

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 22. June 2008 18:23 

Local Time:
I don't know, who James Christie is, but he predicts the QF for Daniela:

"Chances of SW19 success?

Having improved her somewhat suspect movement around the court Hantuchova reminded the tennis world of what a fine talent she has by reaching the semi-finals of the Australian Open where she had the better of this year's Wimbledon top seed Ana Ivanovic before arguably choking once more.

At last year's Wimbledon she was highly unlucky to lose in the fourth round to Serena Williams after her melodramatic opponent took numerous lengthy breaks for supposed cramp in a much-interrupted three-set thriller.

Prediction: Quarter-finalist

The chance to avenge the Williams family could come in the last sixteen, where she is seeded to meet Venus.

Her chances of Wimbledon success are far less slender than they were five years ago.

No one deserves to win the lady's title more than the number ten seed but the demands of winning seven matches in a row will mean that is unlikely that 2003's tears of sadness will turn into tears of joy on 2008's second Saturday."

Source:

media master
PostPosted: 22. June 2008 18:40 

Local Time:
nice article :D
to bad she isn't 100 % or she had her chance

Fan of Daniela Hantuchova since the Australian Open 2002 Other players: Azarenka,Wozniacki,Henin,Safarova,Benesova

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 22. June 2008 22:44 

Local Time:
I don't know, who James Christie is, but he predicts the QF for Daniela:

"Chances of SW19 success?

Having improved her somewhat suspect movement around the court Hantuchova reminded the tennis world of what a fine talent she has by reaching the semi-finals of the Australian Open where she had the better of this year's Wimbledon top seed Ana Ivanovic before arguably choking once more.

At last year's Wimbledon she was highly unlucky to lose in the fourth round to Serena Williams after her melodramatic opponent took numerous lengthy breaks for supposed cramp in a much-interrupted three-set thriller.

Prediction: Quarter-finalist

The chance to avenge the Williams family could come in the last sixteen, where she is seeded to meet Venus.

Her chances of Wimbledon success are far less slender than they were five years ago.

No one deserves to win the lady's title more than the number ten seed but the demands of winning seven matches in a row will mean that is unlikely that 2003's tears of sadness will turn into tears of joy on 2008's second Saturday."

Source:

Thank you for posting this article, its nice to see that someone in the media appreciates Daniela, but its such a shame they clearly dont know alot about tennis, cause if they had any idea they would of known about Daniela's injury and couldnt of possibly predicted her to get to the Quarter finals, but we can all dream, right?

Scott

http://www.facebook.com/scotthatley1987
http://twitter.com/scotthatley87

Profile WWW

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 23. June 2008 00:13 

Local Time:
On venus's article they've predicted venus to reach the semis! so they obviously did this before the draw was out cos daniela and venus are of course due to meet in the 4th round if they bith get there.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 23. June 2008 00:25 

Local Time:
James Christie and Jenni Marsh have different opinions. I like James Christie far more.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 23. June 2008 08:25 

Local Time:
Hello, it's nice to see Dani in an entry list at last....... will she play tomorrow??

Oh, is there a livestream for the tournament??? ;)

°•.•°o.O ⓓⓐⓝⓘⓔⓛⓐ ⓗⓐⓝⓣⓤ©ⓗⓞⓥⓐ .•° °•. ⓙⓤⓢⓣⓘⓝⓔ ⓗⓔⓝⓘⓝ O.o°•.•°
°•. ⓕⓔⓓⓔⓡⓔⓡ ⓜⓤⓡⓡⓐⓨ ©ⓘⓑⓤⓛⓚⓞⓥⓐ ⓢ©ⓗⓘⓐⓥⓞⓝⓔ ⓖⓐⓤⓓⓘⓞ ⓙⓞⓗⓐⓝⓢⓢⓞⓝ .•°

"I have a weak spot for Italians for whatever reason" - Daniela
"Oh really? I have a weak spot for top 50, Slovakian tennis players" - Albi

Profile WWW

hellene fan
PostPosted: 23. June 2008 10:25 

Local Time:
i hope will put daniela in the three main courts.
i have full coverage all day for these three courts.
albi if you will subscripe in official site you can see live matches
go here for details
has not only full access but also daily pass,is cheap

Site Admin
PostPosted: 23. June 2008 10:56 

Local Time:
i hope will put daniela in the three main courts.
i have full coverage all day for these three courts.
albi if you will subscripe in official site you can see live matches
go here for details
has not only full access but also daily pass,is cheap

yes I thought about buying it last year, because the Danish coverage of Wimbledon sucks, but I decided not to, because you can't save the matches onto your computer and watch again in e.g. 2 months.
However, last year Claire was an angel and figured out how to remove the protection thing and share some matches with us. God, I miss Claire.

Profile WWW

Site Admin
PostPosted: 23. June 2008 11:41 

Local Time:
yes I thought about buying it last year, because the Danish coverage of Wimbledon sucks, but I decided not to, because you can't save the matches onto your computer and watch again in e.g. 2 months.
However, last year Claire was an angel and figured out how to remove the protection thing and share some matches with us. God, I miss Claire.
Oh, but you can. ;) At least that's what is written on their website.
You just can't share them with other people.

blue webmaster
PostPosted: 23. June 2008 16:37 

Local Time:
in Germany it's the same mess... Normally the channel DSF should broadcast Wimby, but this year they only show highlights for 2 hours every evening :evil:

I searched for free livestreams and found this great ressource:

most of the streams are for programmes like TVU which you have to install before watching.

personally i like this stream:

it's the feed from a german paytv channel, and you can watch it without installing any special programme and it's not delayed that much.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 23. June 2008 17:04 

Local Time:
Anyone in the UK can watch live on the BBC website. Coverage of Centre Court, C1, C2 and two other courts of interest.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 269 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18  Next