Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 71 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Author Enter your Message here

Career Grand Slam
 Post subject: Re: Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships, Dubai
PostPosted: 23. February 2012 20:20 

Local Time:
|16. April 2024| 14:52
Well, she fought. But this kind of players are a nightmare for daniela, she comes close (see Ivanovic) but still can't handle them.

She had her chances, pity.

Keep this tennis, daniela, take care of your body, and the year will be a great one :)

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 23. February 2012 20:25 

Local Time:
|16. April 2024| 19:52
This is one that got away...Goerges was better but Daniela really should have held serve in the opening game of the 3rd set.

Annoyingly Daniela stays at no.21 and even more annoying if she had won she's have moved up to no.18...

Never mind, Daniela can have a good rest and go to her favourite tournament of Indian Wells, although she hasn't won a match there for 3 years lol..

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 23. February 2012 20:36 

Local Time:
|16. April 2024| 18:52
This sucks. Goerges did play well and she was blasting away and hitting a lot of winners and forced Daniela back behind the baseline.
I remember someone said that Goerges would be the best player in the world if the court was a metre longer and wider, I think she thought the court was a metre smaller today because she hit so many shots just inside the baseline. Goerges is in her best run of form since the clay season.

If Daniela had been able to win one of the games at the start of the second then chances are she'd have won in straight sets as Goerges was really teetering and Daniela had momentum but that switched the momentum back to Goerges and her level went up. Daniela started slowly in both the second and third sets and was a double break down in both of them and although she was able to get one break back, she wasn't able to get the second. This is disappointing and feels like a missed opportunity as Daniela played some good tennis but she gave Goerges too big a lead in the last two sets. Goerges played very well and played some great shots at times and some no fucking way shots.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 23. February 2012 20:51 

Local Time:
:( :( :( :(

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 23. February 2012 20:55 

Local Time:
|16. April 2024| 13:52
Hey, what are you gonna do when Georges hits like 50 winners? I only saw the last set, and it was as always a super effort by Dani, but the 2nd break wasn't in the cards.
Speaking of cards, to lighten the mood a bit (probably a lot you guys, the ultimate Dani fans, know about this or maybe have one, but for those who don't, enjoy the irony), I just bought off eBay a 2012 Australian Open trading card (less than $9 US, not bad). It's 2 sided. Daniela's on the front side, in all her fist pumping glory. On the other side...and I assume this was available before Pattaya...Maria Kirilenko! If Dani survives Indian Wells and makes it to Miami, and I'm lucky enough to get to a function or autograph table of hers (Please, Please, Please! :dunno:), I hope she signs it and gets a kick out of it.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 23. February 2012 22:46 

Local Time:
Hantuchova acknowledged that Görges won deservedly. "Julia has played incredibly well and played great servovala incredible winner of a position from which I was not expecting it at all. Her forehand was often nechytateľné. On the court today was very cold, but the conditions were equally difficult for both."

"Skoda lost close, because I had to, I went even further in Dubai. Such is indeed sport, sometimes a person will do everything we can, but even so it does not work," she told the TASR Hantuchova, who is now enjoying a short relaxation.

"I've been through incredibly long cord tournaments. I fought many matches, so I look forward to at least a few days I turn off and take a break from tennis. Then start again toil and prepare for my favorite tournament in Indian Wells," she said
@ google translate

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 23. February 2012 23:11 

Local Time:
enjoy your break daniela and then with full power to indian wells and miami 8-) :)

Goerges is playing soo well at the moment vs. Wozniacki, incredible forehand :shock:

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 24. February 2012 18:32 

Local Time:
Goerges just beat Wozniacki in straight sets so that shows how well Goerges is playing.

Every time Goerges has a good tournament she always beats Wozniacki - Stuttgart, Madrid and here.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 24. February 2012 18:51 

Local Time:
|16. April 2024| 14:52
Goerges didn't even play all that in her semis (countless UEs). Had she played the way she did today against daniela, and well.

Could've, should've, would've...

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 24. February 2012 19:03 

Local Time:
Wozniacki gets most of her points through unforced errors, I think she only had about 10 winners. Goerges had a bad lapse in the middle of the second set when she was making errors and double faults but she was mostly dictating and her level was determining the match.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 26. February 2012 14:11 

Local Time:
Looking ahead at Indian Wells and Miami, if Daniela can get 4th round or better at both of those events she'll definitely be solid top 20 player until at least Roland Garros :)

Go for it Daniela!

Daniela only needs 27 wins until she gets her 500th singles career win, wouldn't that be sweet to do it this year!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 71 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5