Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: Qatar Total Open, Doha
PostPosted: 14. February 2012 18:52 

Local Time:
|6. May 2024| 20:36
Can I also say that I'm not a glory fan, I just don't understand why she felt the need to play this tournament...I had written that comment above after she won the first set cos I could tell that her body, mind and well-being was screwed.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 14. February 2012 18:54 

Local Time:
i hope daniela realize now she needs a break!!!!
felt sorry for here after she was fighting, but maybe it is better for her and her body she lost in 1st round... :|

Couldn't agree more, I think it doesn't matter she lost here in terms of points/ranking etc. she just needs a complete break..the tennis is all there...

ITF Champion
PostPosted: 14. February 2012 19:07 

Local Time:
|6. May 2024| 19:36
will this lost affect her
at wta, a bit of worries for her ?

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 14. February 2012 19:11 

Local Time:

She will be absolutely filthy with herself for losing that match,but she should be OK. It is absolute hell coming from the humidity of Pattaya to the cold desert-it really takes it's toll on the body.

ITF Champion
PostPosted: 14. February 2012 19:16 

Local Time:

She will be absolutely filthy with herself for losing that match,but she should be OK. It is absolute hell coming from the humidity of Pattaya to the cold desert-it really takes it's toll on the body.
my phone is wrecked, i have asked about her ranking after that, we all knows what she would need.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 14. February 2012 19:21 

Local Time:
If Daniela had won today she would have to play first on tomo, so it's probably best she didn't win, I was almost expecting a Chakvetadze style collapse in the 2nd set..

Really hope she withdraws from doubles..

Daniela will move down to at least #21...but probably won't go lower than #22

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 14. February 2012 19:25 

Local Time:
If Daniela had won today she would have to play first on tomo, so it's probably best she didn't win, I was almost expecting a Chakvetadze style collapse in the 2nd set..

Geez the schedulers really had it out for her....... :roll:

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 14. February 2012 19:32 

Local Time:
I just got the result and it has to be absolutely gutting for Daniela to lose such a long match but from what people are saying Daniela was tired - she has to have been from playing five hours in the Fed Cup then going to Pattaya and then going to the Middle East with hardly any time to rest or acclimitise. Daniela had the doctor on court so she was sick, tired and nowhere near her best physically and was just going on fumes and Halep played well and made few errors. Even with all that Daniela still almost won it. The scheduling wasn't great either as she really could have done with a little bit more rest but a megastar like Ons Jabeur has to be the main event of the evening.

Hopefully Daniela can have some fun in the doubles. She can use that to get ready for Dubai but I'm really not that bothered about the doubles.

It took Daniela until Roland Garros to get to the points she already got this year so she's way ahead of schedule. It's a long season and there are a lot of big tournaments ahead. The important thing is that Daniela stays fit and healthy for the whole season.

Slovak in Thailand cope with crossing six time zones and abrupt climate change by about 50 degrees. During the fourth Fed Cup this weekend - 5 decreasing temperature in February in Bratislava below minus 10 degrees in Pattaya attacked limit plus 40 degrees. "It was a terrible shock to the body. Much So I did not expect. I always mobilized for individual matches, I took the ball after ball," she said Hantuchova after triufme finals and added: "I really had a lot of manpower and somehow now I do not have any at all, so the next few days will certainly be interesting."
@ google translate.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 14. February 2012 20:19 

Local Time:
On reflection though, Daniela's tennis was awesome for the most part in the 1st set and beginning of the 2nd set...and flashes of brilliance in the 3rd...her tennis is really very good at the moment but her body let her down today.

Also Halep played really well, chasing everything down and really did some amazing shots, especially from Daniela's excellent drop shots...Halep plays very much like Wozniacki and so when one is tired that's the worst sort of opponent you want to face...

Weirdly Daniela actually won 4 more points than Haley in the deciding set...I think they should scrap the tiebreak rule in all torunament in the final set as they do for all the Grand Slams (minus the US atm)

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 14. February 2012 22:40 

Local Time:
|6. May 2024| 14:36
We all seem to agree that Dani could well have done better to take the week off. I get some of our frustration. But after the win on Sunday, the thought occurred that I have never, ever seen her referred to as a world-class athlete. Put it together. Years of high level tennis, her renaissance of the last 12 months, the Fed Cup wins, the way she beat Kirilenko, and to produce some top flight play and almost win today in spite of everything....that's a world class athlete. Whether I think she should have skipped Doha or not, I am just as proud to be Daniela's fan right now as I was the past 2 Sundays! And wouldn't it be just like her to go all the way with Aga and win the doubles! Let's Go, Daniela!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 15. February 2012 00:22 

Local Time:
Order Of Play Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Court 4 (from 15.30hrs)
1. Iveta Benesova vs. Simona Halep
2. Kateryna Bondarenko vs. Flavia Pennetta (NB 17.00hrs)
3. Hantuchova/Radwanska vs. Barrois/Groenefeld (after suitable rest)

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 15. February 2012 15:19 

Local Time:
I see that Simona has a couple of huge assets to her game! :shock: :o

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 15. February 2012 17:45 

Local Time:
Daniela and Agnieszka just lost their doubles match 1-6 2-6

so maybe a good chance to get to dubai early and healthy

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 15. February 2012 18:27 

Local Time:
Someone wanted out of Doha in a hurry! :lol:

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 15. February 2012 18:45 

Local Time:
|6. May 2024| 14:36
This is what Doha should mean to Dani from here on:
Don't
Opine to
Head here
Again...EVER!!!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next