Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 120 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Career Grand Slam
 Post subject: Re: Australian Open, Melbourne
PostPosted: 18. January 2012 12:10 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 11:14
I do have to give Daniela props for giving Kader Nouni a flea in his ear after one of his terrible overrules. His umpiring today has been an absolute disgrace. :x

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 18. January 2012 12:57 

Local Time:
I do have to give Daniela props for giving Kader Nouni a flea in his ear after one of his terrible overrules. His umpiring today has been an absolute disgrace. :x

Completely agree - see my previous post!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 18. January 2012 13:05 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 10:14
I didn't manage to see any of this match (I love my sleep just that little bit more) but it sounds like I missed another gut wrencher. Praise has to be given to Daniela to gutsing it out and getting the win in what sounds like a terrible performance, but players ranked outside the top 100 will give you those opportunities to get back into a match...Kim Clijsters will not.

As I said before this tournament began, Kim's injury problems should give Daniela some confidence, but Kim has torn through the first couple of rounds so Daniela will need to be on top of her game to progress. Round 3 was the expectation, this has been reached, so I'm happy. Any rounds after this will be a bonus.

Scott

http://www.facebook.com/scotthatley1987
http://twitter.com/scotthatley87

Profile WWW

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 18. January 2012 14:59 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 09:14
Unless Daniela plays at the same level of Indian Wells 2002/2007 or AUSOpen'08 it's going to be almost impossible to pass beyond 4rd. Kim seems now fit enough and even if Daniela manages to win somehow she'll catch, almost sure, Li and she's playing great too.

btw, Daniela is now only 130 points away from Peng(17th) that lost yesterday. If Daniela keeps playing like in Sydney and stuff, top 15 is going to be "easy" to reach. She is now less than 300 points away from nr 15

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 18. January 2012 15:42 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 05:14
I'll preface by saying I wasn't able to see yesterday's match. When that happens, I rely on you guys, long-time, dedicated and perceptive Daniela fans that you are. Clearly from your descriptions, Dani played like crud much of the match. I understand the frustration; felt it many times myself. But, good gosh guys, what I read in the posts that were put up as the match was being played made me think that there was a $500,000 (or 10 million Euros or whatever) prize to be awarded to the first person to declare Dani dead! You know, there's already thousands of journalists and commentators who bomb away at her and have for 10 years. She can be winning 6-0, 5-0, 40-love, the other player can get a lucky bounce off a net cord, and the announcers will jump all over each other with the mentally fragile BS. One of you guys even said that last night's announcers clearly didn't want to see her win. There's a ton of jerks in pro sports that deserve to get ripped all the time. Daniela is the most unfairly maligned good player/great person perhaps in sports history! Sure, it's tough to watch, but we, her biggest fans...maybe we oughta wait until she actually loses before we tear into her! Let's consider this. Throwing out the walkover and Kim's retiring, Dani has played 8 matches this year. The two losses were to excellent players on top of their games; nothing she could do. In the other 6, she either lost the first set or was down 5-4 in it, with 3 of those against top 25 players, and she came back and won them all. We all know what she did last year. Memo to all you clowns who cover tennis: These are not the results of a mentally fragile player!! To paraphrase Don McLean, since they don't listen, they're not listening still, perhaps they never will, so it's kind of on us, her most loyal rooters, to put the truth out there. Daniela is one gutsy competitor. She's not the Dani of 2008-10 or last January. Let's hang with her a little more when she struggles early in a match. With the clunkers out of the way, I can see her taking out Kim and Li Na. Let's Go, Daniela!!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 18. January 2012 19:37 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 05:14
One of you guys even said that last night's announcers clearly didn't want to see her win. There's a ton of jerks in pro sports that deserve to get ripped all the time.

Actually the announcers on my stream were very complimentary of Dani. Never questioned her ability just kept saying that she hasn't found her groove yet. Towards the end of the 3rd they were very gracious towards both players. At no point did they say they wanted her to lose, all I heard was them state that the match was there for the taking.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 18. January 2012 20:10 

Local Time:
Hello again, everyone.

That was a tough struggle last night. Daniela played poorly in the first set and her serving was pretty bad and I think that gave Tsurenko confidence. If Daniela had started better, or served better at least, she'd have been able to impose herself on the match but she had a very slow start and Tsurenko was able to capitalise. Tsurenko played well in the last two sets and she played at a good level and looked top 50 quality, she did hit some very nice shots and played some good points. Daniela's experience saw her through and she was generally solid on the important points in the last two sets and came up with some really nice shots, especially from 15-40 when she was serving for the match.

Daniela's struggled in her matches her but she's in the third round and there are a lot of other players like Stosur, Schiavone, Peng and Pennetta that aren't and Agnieszka and Sabine Lisicki have really struggled as well.

"Today's tennis was also suffering. I really did not play at all what I had. Again, I was not in that warm feeling physically well and it was important to not give up. I fought for every fiftín, although I am frustrated, the game I certainly nepredvádzala it I imagined," said Daniela Hantuchova in the conference phone for the Slovak media.

Then she continued: "I wish I ran the first set. Unnecessarily I gave a chance to catch the rival. When Curenková playful, uninhibited, and was dangerous. It was important to mobilize to concentrate on the things I tried - to play aggressive. When I sometimes did not reflect, it was necessary now to forget and take the ball to the ball. Nepanikárila I. She could say that, as in the first match against Lepčenkovej about the experience begin to show. Ukrainian has some special not surprised. Backhand is a handy and solid, it gives me great part of the strike, when I had to go. about the end decided that I played more aggressively and still I tried to print. The first two games were also 'mandatory.' pressure was great, but did not accept I think so. I am glad I managed to especially mentally. Now I will not be the favorite, does not mean that the procedure meets the 3rd round."

In the third round, Hantuchova measured forces advocate the title Kim Clijsters (14) against which the balance of 0:9 premiere senior career succeeded sixth January in Brisbane semifinals. Belgian peer withdrew because of problems with the left side for the state 7-6 (4), 1:3 in its view. The former unit rankings Clijsters on Wednesday in the second allowed only one round gem-French Stéphanie Foretzovej Gaconovej.

"We are looking forward to that game. I have nothing to lose, but - of course - I'm going into this with the fact that I wanted to win. Kim is a really great player, a great champion, has almost no weakness. It is no coincidence here advocate a degree, achieved remarkable things" Daniela Hantuchova noted and continued: "I balance it against the positive law, but every match is different. I will try to play my best tennis. It is clear to me that against a rival I need to play it if I want to succeed. In Brisbane's was great, and although I lost the first set there, it was a great intensity. If I can play there as a little more to add, it will be 'okay'. It's a big challenge. This is precisely what those matches for which they trained, and undergo all preparations. I can now relax, gain a lot of forces that I need, because she has had better matches. that we can play in the third round against each other, I came up today. Nepozerala I was ahead. With Kim, however, 'busta' before the tournament for him. We know each other very long, we are great friends, one second before we feel great respect. on the court but this, of course, goes sideways - we both want to win."
@ google translate.

Completely agree - see my previous post!

David Nalbandian loves him too.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 18. January 2012 22:48 

Local Time:
Please, can anybody record Daniela's next match against Clijsters?

I won't be able to watch it :/

Everything in life happens for a reason

blue webmaster
PostPosted: 18. January 2012 23:26 

Local Time:
Please, can anybody record Daniela's next match against Clijsters?

I won't be able to watch it :/
depends on the schedule of play, but I'll do my very best

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 18. January 2012 23:45 

Local Time:
depends on the schedule of play, but I'll do my very best
thanx! :)

Everything in life happens for a reason

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 19. January 2012 00:48 

Local Time:
Hantuchova: Kim Clijsters does not fit me

After further drama already forwarded Daniela Hantuchova in the third round of Australian Open yesterday when disposed of Ukrainian Curenkovú 4:6, 6:4, 6:3. Tomorrow is waiting for the match with Kim Clijsters Belgian woman with whom a record of 1:10.

What is your blood pressure coach Claudio Pistolesi after two rounds of singles?
"Do not ask, certainly more than two hundred, and my family that looked to the Slovakia match on television, too. I am sorry that I have strained, but I appreciate that Claudio's on the court with me and endured so experienced."

How many of these wild games you experienced?
"Oh, more. Such games have become, but it is important not to be frustrated, to concentrate on every ball and fight on. It was a rival, that I had to beat in straight sets. Substantial remains to win, take a lot of lessons and it does not make mistakes."

You said something similar after 1 round with an American Lepčenkovou. You do not have these games enough?
"What do I do now that trend has already played a lot Rusiek súperiek and other former Soviet republics. In doing so, I know what awaits me, and I wanted to play differently than in the first round and avoid problems. But are the days when it and not go according to your wishes. Moreover Curenková was quite clever of the Backhand."

On Friday, you play against Kim Clijsters. Remember even the first game ever in Antwerp 2000, when you both were barely 17 years?
"Recently we have discussed it with Kim talked in Brisbane, and still remembers the junior Slovak Indoor tournament in Bratislava in 1998 Hall of Fame lawyers when we do not fifteen and Kim's won. We're still great friends, I admire it, what you achieve and manage. I would have a child and failed to return to the circuit. If the child and to your career. The match in Antwerp do not remember, I remember more dramatic finale Filderstadte in 2002 where I won the first set."

Then you did not receive even one ten years and up to Brisbane should balance 0:9. What is difficult is to motivate and prepare for someone who does not give you many chances and has an answer for everything?
"Do not have to motivate, every game is a challenge to Kim, but I must admit that, like Patty Schnyder or Clijsters me sitting. These are two, the most satisfying to me. Kim is physically and athletically superior, on both sides under pressure, while I always found the recipe, but the semi-finals in Brisbane gave me lots of confidence, even though I lost the first set 6:7. I played well and a second set I had a launch, a pity that hurt. Now I was in Melbourne for her and pozisťovala whether it's okay and it seems that it was nothing serious. Finally, the results confirm this. I have nothing to lose. I am not going there just to participate. I want to push their arms."

Start the season with a new coach is therefore successful wrestling 7:2 balance.
"Yes, but I'm still far from satisfaction, and the two rounds of the show. I still have a lot of work to be transferred from training to matches."

After such mandatory victories in the first two rounds of you have probably psychical burden fell, is not it?
"Certainly, because ask any favorite toys, and deployed as psychologically heavy the first two rounds of Grand Slam. I feel some relief, but I have to think about the next match."

In Melbourne, playing at the Open 12 years continuously. Here you have experienced the only Grand Slam semifinal. What makes Australia special for you?
"I really appreciate twelve years without interruption. Last year I left after 1 Cycling is very disappointed, now it can take and the more fighting. Austráliu love is a beautiful country and if it was closer to Europe, some did not hesitate for a second and come here to live. In addition, fans are perfectly understood this sport."
@ google translate.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 19. January 2012 07:19 

Local Time:
doubles match 1st round:
Daniela Hantuchova(SVK)[8] /Agnieszka Radwanska(POL)[8] def. Anna Tatishvili(GEO) / Anastasiya Yakimova(BLR) 6-1 6-0 in just 62min

wow!what a match at the end. Greta Arn(HUN) def. Dominika Cibulkova(SVK)[17] 6-2 3-6 10-8

Last edited by Patti1989 on 19. January 2012 08:38, edited 1 time in total.

blue webmaster
PostPosted: 19. January 2012 07:54 

Local Time:
very good result, may give her some rythm :)

Schedule of play for Friday:

Hisense Arena

7:00 PM
Women's Singles - 3rd Round
Kim Clijsters(BEL)[11] vs Daniela Hantuchova(SVK)[20]

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 19. January 2012 18:11 

Local Time:
Hantuchova: The Kim look forward, I want to win
19/1/2012 00:00, Tennis

TENNIS CHAMPIONSHIP AUSTRALIA MELBOURNE 16th - 29 January 2012

Slovak tennis player Daniela Hantuchova was the match against Ukrainian Lesia Tsurenko satisfied with the victory, not a power: "For my part, it was also suffering. Absolutely, I played what I had, it was frustrating. Important, however, was that I was warm and the wind fought until the end. Also, thanks to intensive dvaapolhodinový kondičke I finally turned the match. Physically I felt back on the court very well. Filing for both players was a disadvantage rather than advantage, viewers saw a lot Brejk. Unnecessarily, I gave a chance to catch rival, began to play without inhibitions and was dangerous. Two-hand backhand in particular was very clever. Too bad that I wasted escaped the first set. I quickly mobilized to try to play more aggressively. Nepanikárila I, I knew what the game last longer, much more I can capitalize on its rich experience in Grand Slam tournaments. In the third in that game I was more patient than rival exchanges, which finally decided."

Hantuchova said that the match against Clijsters was very pleased. Apparently hopes to build on its good performance against it before last week in Brisbane, where they played the first sets, and retired after rival enjoyed the victory (the first ever out of ten fights).

"Kim is a great player and a great champion," says Popradská native. 'Against it have nothing to lose and go into the match with the fact that I wanted to win. My balance with her ​​is not exactly positive, but every match is different. If I succeed, I need to play your best tennis and make vastly better performance than against Tsurenko. I would like to follow-up to play our first game of the Duel in Brisbane. It would be great to add something more, then it will be okay."

Clijsters also expected to advocate tough match: "Daniela has the start of the season in good form. On our last mutual game from Brisbane I have good memories. With Daniel on the WTA're now up for years. Tennis kept us entertained in every game we put everything into it."

@ google translate

Clijsters will be a very difficult opponent for Daniela but finally getting a win against Kim will help Daniela. There won't be the wind on Hisense that there was in the first couple of rounds on the outside courts so it should be good conditions for Daniela plus she's the underdog so there won't be the same pressure on her so she can maybe play with a bit more freedom. Clijsters also had a shocking loss on Hisense to Petrova in the third round a couple of years ago. At the same time Clijsters is an exceptional player and Daniela doesn't match up too well with her. Daniela will have to play well.

The win in the doubles will help Daniela and it would be great if she and Agnieszka could have a good run there - one better than 2009 would be fantastic.

wow!what a match at the end. Greta Arn(HUN) def. Dominika Cibulkova(SVK)[17] 6-2 3-6 10-8

That's a real sickener for Dominika, I feel so bad for her.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 20. January 2012 08:57 

Local Time:
Urgh...I'm already dreading this...so hard to be positive..

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 120 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next