Roland Garros Women's Legends        Daniela/ Francesca Schiavone bt Lucie Safarova/ Nathalie Tauziat 6-2 6-3        Mixed Legends: Daniela/Guy Forget bt Francesca Schiavone/Mansour Bahrami 4-6 6-3 10-4        Mixed Legends: Tatiana Golovin/Sebastien Grosjean bt Daniela/Cedric Pioline 4-6 6-2 12-10        Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 227 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 16  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: The Championships, Wimbledon
PostPosted: 23. June 2010 14:58 

Local Time:
|21. June 2024| 22:04
Thank goodness for that - now all we need is for England to win and it'll be a perfect day!

I only saw the last two games, what was the set like??

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 23. June 2010 14:59 

Local Time:
She did it :)

Yes!

pity of that wasted break and PB, but manage to break again and hold :))

Into the 2nd!

:)

Everything in life happens for a reason

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 23. June 2010 15:00 

Local Time:
|21. June 2024| 17:04
Phew... Did what she needed to do. Nice serving, but some very poor returning. Backhand errors can get ridiculous... But I'm so relieved she's through :)
53W -34 UEs

ps: Daniela looks gorgeous!

Last edited by Helio on 23. June 2010 15:05, edited 2 times in total.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 23. June 2010 15:03 

Local Time:
Thank goodness for that - now all we need is for England to win and it'll be a perfect day!

I only saw the last two games, what was the set like??
Daniela made a lot of errors, also on returns, but except of that one break she managed to hold her service games. King was very good again, but as the set goes she wasnt able to maintain this level, so Daniela had better luck today :)

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 23. June 2010 15:06 

Local Time:
Thanks very much Marek12!!!!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 23. June 2010 15:09 

Local Time:
|21. June 2024| 21:04
Daniela got the job done easily enough in the end. She probably should have won the set a little more easily than she did but she had that loose service game at 3-1 when she made some bad errors to let King back into it and King threatened a bit at 3-3 but Daniela made some great serves to get out of trouble before breaking King in the next game. She served the match out to 15.

The end of the match was 12-5 to Daniela and that's in line with the sort of scores that Daniela had previously beaten King by. It does show how well King played for the first set and a half of the match but Daniela's superior talent and consistency was the difference. Daniela could keep going at a high level while King couldn't.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 23. June 2010 15:11 

Local Time:
You're welcome :)

Daniela also had some bad points as always, good set ups and than missed or into the net... but did what she needed and finaly won :)

So Im happy :D

Hope she will take a lesson from this and will fight more in the 2nd!

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 23. June 2010 15:21 

Local Time:
|22. June 2024| 05:04
whew! at last she won...

well who would have say Dani has no fighting spirit...being down at 1-4 in the 2nd set....well she should play like this except the UE...
GL in the 2nd rd

mOnmOn

Profile YIM

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 23. June 2010 15:39 

Local Time:
Well done Daniela. Kept her head in the game when things were looking bleak and ended up playing some fine tennis. 53 winners is very respectable indeed. :beer:

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 23. June 2010 17:00 

Local Time:
Hantuchova waiting for a match against King will be difficult. "Vania played on grass very well, as confirmed in its first set. I'm so glad that I managed to do the following turn. It showed itself like that I'm able to turn the match in the state akékohoľvek which could be a great asset to the future. I hope it will give me self-confidence. Súperky know that they must play to the end, if they want to win. dohrávke Today I was much more aggressive in returne I pushed more into the end of the court and from the first ball I tried to print. This tactic paid to the King," Hantuchova told Reuters that even Záhlavová Strýcová against expecting any walk. "Záhlavová Strýcová performance went up, and can be uncomfortable. The grass has already broken many deployed favorites paints Roger Federer also had, so I have to be concentrated up. The struggle may often be zvrtnúť for two or three loptičkcáh," said Hantuchova.

@ google translation.

"I am very glad that I managed to do the following turn. Itself, I showed that I take a position of any state. This is also a signal for súperky that he must play for me the most until the end if I want to conquer," said Daniela Hantuchova and SITA said: "Today I tried to play a much more aggressive than Tuesday, when I did not want to spoil much, but I was too cautious and I am not paid. King is a board enters into a game dictated by the courts and . Now, I tried that I was the one who first hit the presses. Especially when it has been I have tried not to give her time. sete yesterday decided in the first few balls. Vania played really well and wisely - as I have already assumed before the game."

"Grass suits her. In today's quasi rozohrávke I took it as a match for me after the first exchange was fully prepared. I had to be very concentrated because in one sete on the surface it may go quickly. Loss of edge brejku me nevyviedla of concept. Once I focused on achieving further. I know that the errors belong to the tennis - it is clear that such a seemingly normal ball or from behind. There is only one point. It is therefore necessary to forget and move on. The experience certainly helped me. Maybe a few years ago for such a situation, what was yesterday, I lost 6:7, 1:6, and I was already out of the tournament. However, when one fights for every ball, never is not the same as it finally happen. He showed, for example, Roger on Monday."

@ google translation.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

blue webmaster
PostPosted: 23. June 2010 18:48 

Local Time:
i never thought I'd ever hear an umpire saying this, but it's currently forty games all, final set between Mahut and Isner :shock: :shock:

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 23. June 2010 19:15 

Local Time:
|21. June 2024| 13:04
whew! at last she won...

well who would have say Dani has no fighting spirit...being down at 1-4 in the 2nd set....well she should play like this except the UE...
GL in the 2nd rd

Dani had some great shots today and her lateral movement (always her achilles heal imo) seemed much better, she really ran down some of those balls.

Dani really seemed to have her head in this game and some of her drop shots and small lobs really caught King off guard. Nevertheless, she's really going to have to elevate her game to beath Masha....

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 23. June 2010 19:21 

Local Time:
Doubles match cancelled not sure why yet....maybe Daniela withdrew???

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 23. June 2010 19:41 

Local Time:
Tomorrow at Court 5 (12.00)

Martin Fischer(AUT) vs. Thomaz Bellucci(BRA)[25]
Daniela Hantuchova(SVK)[24] vs. Barbora Zahlavova Strycova(CZE)
Philipp Petzschner(GER)[33] vs. Lukasz Kubot(POL)

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 23. June 2010 20:06 

Local Time:
i never thought I'd ever hear an umpire saying this, but it's currently forty games all, final set between Mahut and Isner :shock: :shock:
Well, its already 51 games all :D

59 games all play suspended :)

10 hours match and not finished yet :O

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 227 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 16  Next