Roland Garros Women's Legends        Daniela/ Francesca Schiavone bt Lucie Safarova/ Nathalie Tauziat 6-2 6-3        Mixed Legends: Daniela/Guy Forget bt Francesca Schiavone/Mansour Bahrami 4-6 6-3 10-4        Mixed Legends: Tatiana Golovin/Sebastien Grosjean bt Daniela/Cedric Pioline 4-6 6-2 12-10        Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 674 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 45  Next
Author Enter your Message here

banned
 Post subject: Re: Australian Open, Melbourne
PostPosted: 26. January 2009 13:02 

Local Time:
|23. June 2024| 14:10
I am thinking back to the end of July and then the Olympics. It seems like this was the last great affair. There was about 20 days between Los Angeles and the Olympics.

She put up an effort there and it lasted up until Cornet. She beat Ai, her own doubles partner, in straight sets.

Maybe there wasn't enough said about some of these moments. Perhaps she lacked appreciation or gratification. I don't know what to say.

That was what? 6 months ago? That is enough time don't you think? What on earth happened? Where do you draw your own line?

When do people stop and say this is enough?

I don't mean to say this could be dismissed as a slump. God I wonder, I really do. So you go one, huh? Yet I'm told there is still hope. It is kept in a heart shaped box.

Maybe I don't see what is right before my eyes. Could I have become a skeptic? Yeah. Who kicked you off your cloud anyhow? Forgive me if it sounds harsh. If I went to an event I couldn't scream loud enough, these words. Nobody seems to hear or maybe they do. That is even more chilling when I think about it. Because it's like this get through, that doesn't and maybe somebody cares or I don't know. Then I start to worry about this more and become more frustrated, because I care, oh if she showed it -- and then what do you do? Did I say what I wanted to? Sorry. I don't like having the situation rubbed in my face like this anymore.

I don't want her to be anything other than what she is. People see the importance of such-and-such. Maybe she sees this too. I realize that she might not do something because it is, I don't know, not in her nature. Six months is a long time. You'd feel like that is time someone is brought to make the change in their game -- to get what they "need". I know what it is. We all have some idea, right? She'll be glad she did.

Last edited by today on 26. January 2009 15:08, edited 2 times in total.

banned
PostPosted: 26. January 2009 14:21 

Local Time:
The best news is that the injury timeout wasnt as serious as it seemed at the time!

I was concerned about that. I guess it was nothing.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 26. January 2009 15:23 

Local Time:
|23. June 2024| 05:10
I don't mean to say this could be dismissed as a slump. God I wonder, I really do. So you go one, huh? Yet I'm told there is still hope. It is kept in a heart shaped boxDaniela is just lacking in confidence at the moment. She hasn't beaten a top 20 player since beating Safina in Sydney over a year ago and she's probably well aware of this fact. One good result is all it takes-the game and work ethic are there.

banned
PostPosted: 26. January 2009 16:25 

Local Time:
I don't mean to say this could be dismissed as a slump. God I wonder, I really do. So you go one, huh? Yet I'm told there is still hope. It is kept in a heart shaped boxDaniela is just lacking in confidence at the moment. She hasn't beaten a top 20 player since beating Safina in Sydney over a year ago and she's probably well aware of this fact. One good result is all it takes-the game and work ethic are there.

I am left to wonder about this. Is there something underneath it all? How far does it go? I can't answer these questions.

I was looking at the record (it is something I can barely do). I notice that she had losses to players:

BACSINSZKY, TIMEA SUI....94..6-2 4-6 4-1 ret. 
SPREM, KAROLINA CRO......296..6-3 [b]1-6 [/b]6-3..(I remember this one) 
KLEYBANOVA, ALISA RUS....42..6-3 4-6 6-1..(OK she is good player -- before this she beat Errani) 
SUGIYAMA, AI JPN.........38..6-3 6-1..(it goes back and forth with them but look at the score) 
GOVORTSOVA, OLGA BLR.....43..6-2 6-4 
GROENEFELD, ANNA-LENA....141..6-4 6-2..
PASZEK, TAMIRA AUT.......85..6-2 5-7 6-4
CIRSTEA, SORANA ROU......39..7-6(2) 6-2
My take is that this is something. Exactly what? 64K$?
Could be simple. Could be complex.

In 2008, after Indian Wells, she barely wins over two consecutive players. In 2007 she had losses to top ten players and she had wins. And a progressed in tournements.

To suggest that a top-ten win will produce a "confidence" such that she is then able to continue. It's not quite ludicrous but I does smack of sports voodoo. And the premise is also flawed. "Confidence" is not a physiological aspect that wins matches. It in the extreme it may loose matches but usually it generates a heightened level of attention. Similar to a choke. She doesn't smash the ball. That's not choking. That is probably a better characteristic than a player who is prone to lose of control. And there is nothing to suggest that any particular win might alleviate the condition.

OK loose a string of matches and ones self-esteem may drop. It could humble a player or discourage the player.

If anything, she is over confident. In the cornet match she eased up. There was no confidence shift (unless she's schizophrenic).

We are talking about professional tennis. It is a competitive sport. One player leave a victor, the other leaves with defeat. I have used the word tenacity before. This is what she seems to lack to me. You can't have anything else to do but win.

You don't have to prove to me that she likes tennis. I know. I play it and I like it too. If she said she hated it, they'll still let her play. Peoples goals in life change.

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 26. January 2009 17:56 

Local Time:
|23. June 2024| 06:10
I didn't know whether I got your point. Are you suggesting her to stop playing tennis now on?
I agree with you that she seems to lack of confidence. Even a lot. I doubt she could be able to give up tennis anyway. There's actually one way to get it back(confidence). She has to play against top players. In fact, she does, but it doesn't pay off. I hope to see her back with great form again but I am able to give her more time even though I am really eager for her convicing and awe-inspiring winnings. More, that record you gave us in your post is let's say embarrassing but it happens. Sometimes I feel like I am fed up with all that her talent and amazingly unbeliveable skills wasted somewhere on the way. But I got used to accepting it. Maybe it doesn't sound proudly, maybe I should feel ashamed, not like a fan. But I feel like a fan. I've been loving her for years, seen many ups and downs and really haven't thought to stop supporting her. I'm trying to think in a way that I should be patient. But who I am? Just a basic fan, heaven knows where coming from. What can I expect? I can say a lot, but it is Daniela who really wants her form back again. Then family, closest friends, friends, closest fans many others and I with the others, just fans.

banned
PostPosted: 26. January 2009 21:41 

Local Time:
If I could have just a portion of your time . . .

I don't think she should stop playing tennis. She likes it, right?

The form she brought to Australia, I don't think she is that bad off. I wouldn't say that was bad. I look at it like, she is on the right side of the tracks, yes? So you won't have to wait all day for something to turn this around (well we shouldn't have to wait on this). Like when the door opens up, she is come falling through.

There are lottss of Daniela fans where I live and they were saying to me some weird stuff. Driving me crazy. And I asked them "Who are you to say anything about this? You don't know her, really. And what you are saying to me sounds made up."

But I look at those records and, by golly, she lost where she used to win. And what? She has some form back. OK, shes hitting with top 10 players. There may be a missing piece to this puzzle. Nothing personal.

She needs a good two-handed push out the door.
Stand there with that look of chagrin . . . maybe not you, or the next guy, or that other guy. But do you know what we are dealing with here? This is a manufactured dillema. Tie it up in knots and watch it try and wriggle free.

To tell you the truth, I kind of saw the signs coming into the new year that this wasn't going to be a spectacular AO. My attitude is that of an outside observer. I want her to win but I'm not crazy for it (and then there is the rest of me that feels like shit and so that comes out too, patient as I may be, I'm real thin -- "a hungry man is an angry man").

I clenched my teeth and winced at Brisbane. She still wants it (or so it would seem) but, well, here we go again. Nobody said aaaaaanything about it.

I don't think this is the "real" Daniela. This is a Daniela who hasn't gotten the chance to give all she has. It's not that far out her reach. I'd even recomend to her that she treated it with due diligence, as priority.

Or not. That would be her choice then. I won't hold my breath.
I have to say that if it's "difficult" to face this head on and heart open, she's not likely to do it. :(
But that is stinkin-thinkin.

Last edited by Heaven to the 8's on 26. January 2009 22:39, edited 1 time in total.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 26. January 2009 22:10 

Local Time:
|23. June 2024| 05:10
To suggest that a top-ten win will produce a "confidence" such that she is then able to continue. It's not quite ludicrous but I does smack of sports voodoo. And the premise is also flawed. "Confidence" is not a physiological aspect that wins matches. It in the extreme it may loose matches but usually it generates a heightened level of attention. Similar to a choke. She doesn't smash the ball. That's not choking. That is probably a better characteristic than a player who is prone to lose of control. And there is nothing to suggest that any particular win might alleviate the condition. There is no "sports voodoo" argument here. This sort of thing has happened to Daniela before. Take a look at 2007-after a heartbreaking loss to Serena Williams she suddenly found herself unable to beat a top 50 player in drought that lasted until a titanical struggle with Patty Schnyder in Luxembourg. After that she records wins over Safarova,Bartoli,Safina and wins Linz by beating 4 top 50 players in a row.

Or take the start of that year.She loses to Razzano in Auckland,to Vinci in Tokyo and is getting pummelled by Hingis 1-6 1-4* in Doha.Everything is set for yet another frustrating year yet she turns the match with Hingis on its head and next thing thing you know she is winning Indian Wells. One good performance was all it took to get her winning again.We are talking about professional tennis. It is a competitive sport. One player leave a victor, the other leaves with defeat. I have used the word tenacity before. This is what she seems to lack to me. You can't have anything else to do but win.Are you kidding me? Tenacity is the last thing I'd accuse Daniela of lacking. I don't know how long you've been a fan of Danielas but longterm fans know she could have easily quit the sport in 2003/4. She graduated with top grades from her highschool and has a spot at Slovakia's top university waiting for whenever she wants to hang up the rackets. Yet she continued to play on through all those years in the wilderness in search of success,and to be honest I didn't think it would happen. I cannot commend her enough for proving me wrong!

banned
PostPosted: 26. January 2009 23:34 

Local Time:
Patty Schnyder? Well lets dig up Patty.

I define confidence, like on ice-skates, I have no confidence. If I had rollerblades it takes me sometime to buildup my confidence. Watching matches that she had recently, I did not get the sense that she was "unstable". In fact she seemed to be very confident in what she was doing.

There may be some truth in what you say. There is a thrill in winning. That can be a fuel for future wins. Mostly because there is satisfation in it (winning). More balls go in because it's great hitting them there.

It is obvious that stress effects tennis players. There is a rollercoaster of points. Everything relies on the indivudual. If you look at her, she becomes agitated at times. There is a picture of her in the Dellacqua of her challenging a point. It is a serious look on her face.

I concider the past when speaking of the present. I agree that it was her desire to win, her tenacity, that stands out as being unique. I am not unfamiliar with this aspect.

The Dellacque match. Dellacqua almost had the 1st set. She made an error. Or half a dozen or something. Dellacqua
The set should have been handled.

The second match had it's points. Johansson gave-up in the third set. OK Daniela hung in there.

In the third match she had the first set. She hit out when she shouldn't have -- I haven't seen a set with outstanding UE stats lately. But there-in I had the feeling that she was: "passive", "less aggressive" and I will add that she made a few poor choices in shot selection. Frowny face :( .

Go back to AO07. Kirlenko match. Didn't get a AAA 2x black diamond award. But she slapped that girl around for the points until it was done.

Radwanska match. She staplegunned Radwanska to a ball boy and proceeded to work her over. (Radwanska had beaten her previously I think -- no matter)

Move on to Ivanovic. She played excellent points. Why she lost?

Maybe the tenacity is not the underlining reason. It seems to me that it starts to lag at times -- lately. Her and Errani were 1-1 and then 6-0. *where's that Higinis turnabout?* The begining of a set is were you don't give up. Not in the last one.

Would winning a big match help her. I think if she takes from it an enjoyment of the sport. A top 10 player may provide kind of game that she wants to play against, it would inspire her.

There are many ways that could come positively to her. To feel she is where she should be, that has to be encouraging.

I think she know where she should be at this point. She was in the YEC in 2007.

We will see when she gets that win. I think it will be more of a sign of the times though.

banned
PostPosted: 27. January 2009 00:27 

Local Time:
There is no "sports voodoo" argument here. This sort of thing has happened to Daniela before. Take a look at 2007-after a heartbreaking loss to Serena Williams she suddenly found herself unable to beat a top 50 player in drought that lasted until a titanical struggle with Patty Schnyder in Luxembourg. After that she records wins over Safarova,Bartoli,Safina and wins Linz by beating 4 top 50 players in a row.

My car broke down a few times. Twice it was the alternator and another time it was fan belt. Crazy world.

MCA in twenty minutes.

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 27. January 2009 01:08 

Local Time:
|23. June 2024| 04:10
Danka & Ai vs. Black / Huber
livestream :
on court now..
0:15 .. 0:30 .. BP .. 15:40 .. 1-0* :)
15:0 .. 30:0 .. GP .. *2-0
15:0 .. 15:15 .. 15:30 .. BP .. 30:40 .. DEUCE .. BP .. 3-0* :)
15:0 .. 30:0 .. GP .. 40:15 .. 40:30 .. DEUCE .. BP .... GP ... BP ... *3-1 :(
0:15 .. 15:15 .. 30:15 .. GP .. 3-2*
15:0 .. 15:15 .. 30:15 .. GP .. 40:30 .. *4-2
0:15 .. 15:15 .. 30:15 .. GP .. 4-3*
0:15 .. 0:30 .. 15:30 .. BP .. *4-4 :(
0:15 .. 15:15 .. 30:15 .. GP .. 4-5*
15:0 .. 30:0 .. GP .. *5-5
0:15 .. 0:30 .. 15:30 .. BP .. 30:40 .. 6-5* :)
0:15 .. 0:30 .. BP .. *6-6 :(
0-1,0-2,0-3,0-4,0-5,0-6,0-7
Black/Huber win first set, 7-6 :(
15:0 .. 15:15 .. 15:30 .. 30:30 .. BP .. *0-1 :(
0:15 .. 15:15 .. 30:15 .. 30:30 .. GP .. DEUCE .. BP .. 1-1* :)
0:15 .. 15:15 .. 30:15 .. 30:30 .. BP .. DEUCE .. BP .. DEUCE .. BP .. DEUCE .. BP .. DEUCE .. GP .. *2-1
15:0 .. 15:15 .. 15:30 .. 30:30 .. GP .. DEUCE .. GP .. 2-2*
15:0 .. 30:0 .. GP .. 40:15 .. *3-2
0:15 .. 15:15 .. 15:30 .. 30:30 .. BP .. 4-2* :)
15:0 .. 30:0 .. 30:15 .. 30:30 .. GP .. DEUCE .. BP .. *4-3 :(
0:15 .. 0:30 .. BP .. 15:40 .. 30:40 .. 5-3* :)
0:15 .. 15:15 .. 30:15 .. SP .. *6-3
Hantuyama win second set, 6-3 :)
0:15 .. 15:15 .. 30:15 .. GP .. 0-1*
15:0 .. 30:0 .. GP .. *1-1
0:15 .. 15:15 .. 30:15 .. 30:30 .. GP .. 1-2*
0:15 .. 15:15 .. 30:15 .. GP .. 40:30 .. DEUCE .. BP .. *1-3 :(
15:0 .. 15:15 .. 15:30 .. 30:30 .. BP .. 2-3* :)
0:15 .. 15:15 .. 15:30 .. 30:30 .. BP .. *2-4 :(
15:0 .. .. 2-5*
0:15 .. 15:15 .. 30:15 .. 40:15 .. 40:30 .. *3-5
0:15 .. 15:15 .. 15:30 .. BP .. 4-5* :)
15:0 .. 30:0 .. 30:15 .. GP .. *5-5
0:15 .. 0:30 .. 15:30 .. 30:30 .. GP .. 5-6*
15:0 .. 30:0 .. 30:15 .. 30:30 .. GP .. *6-6
0-1,0-2,0-3,1-3,1-4,2-4,2-5,2-6,3-6,4-6,5-6,6-6,7-6,7-7,7-8,8-8,8-9,9-9,9-10,10-10,11-10,12-10
Danka & Ai win, 6-7, 6-3, 7-6 :) :banana:

Last edited by nl2304 on 27. January 2009 04:13, edited 10 times in total.

Profile WWW

blue webmaster
PostPosted: 27. January 2009 01:14 

Local Time:
good morning, nigel =)

I'M keeping my fingers crossed for Dani and Ai.
Starting right away with a break :)

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 27. January 2009 01:35 

Local Time:
|22. June 2024| 22:10
Bad game for Daniela in particular there to give the break back.

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 27. January 2009 01:36 

Local Time:
I lost count of how many deuces there were in the fourth game, but sadly, every single point loss was due to a mistake by Daniela :(

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 27. January 2009 01:36 

Local Time:
|23. June 2024| 03:10
I love seeing Sugiyama playing doubles .. She puts all of herself in the game ;)

blue webmaster
PostPosted: 27. January 2009 01:56 

Local Time:
at the beginning Black and Huber looked so helpless.. but meanwhile they play pretty good :?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 674 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 45  Next