Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: Internationaux de Strasbourg, Strasbourg
PostPosted: 22. May 2013 15:05 

Local Time:
|23. May 2024| 13:22
Fingers crossed she's ok for Roland Garros. Her serve wasn't strong throughout yesterdays match. In fact the 3rd set she served slightly faster tbh and had a ace on the 2nd serve.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 22. May 2013 15:12 

Local Time:
|23. May 2024| 13:22
Slow,wet dank claycourts are absolute murder on the body,and the shoulder problem is chronic-Daniela has deferred from having surgery,so it doesn't surprise me that the injury has flared up.

I don't know who is advising her to shoot TV programs in the build up to a Grand Slam,but they need to be fired pronto. :wall:

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 22. May 2013 15:17 

Local Time:
|23. May 2024| 07:22
I repeat: :cry:

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 22. May 2013 16:59 

Local Time:
Now that all the Kleenex in my house is gone, I can compose thoughts. More so than the worry about Paris, this makes me very upset because this could have been such a wonderful week. 500, 800, a shot at her 10th doubles title, and with Bartoli losing right away, who knows? I wish I could take back my shoutbox comment about melancholy, since that's how I feel for Daniela right now. Can only pray that it's not so bad and she can feel better by Monday, else we're going to see a 4th straight 1st round ouster in a slam.
I am left to wonder one thing. Had Daniela somehow ran off 4 straight points down 4-6 in the tiebreak and won it, would she have played today?
I can only ask that the next picture of Daniela that is posted in the Forum is of her practicing at Roland Garros!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Last edited by Alex Isabel on 23. May 2013 05:18, edited 1 time in total.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 22. May 2013 17:05 

Local Time:
|23. May 2024| 08:22

I don't know who is advising her to shoot TV programs in the build up to a Grand Slam,but they need to be fired pronto. :wall:

To be fair, this must be giving her more money than all of those 1st round losses.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 23. May 2013 20:13 

Local Time:
To be fair, this must be giving her more money than all of those 1st round losses

That's quite possible. Dani has become accustomed to her lifestyle and knows what it's like to be poor from her childhood. And this may well be what her future career at least in part is, another possible reason. I get the focus thing to an extent. And to be fair, I wasn't yet in the Forum when she did the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue (which I have never looked at...Si extends your annual subscription a week if you request not to get the swimsuit issue, and I took them up on it). I am not recalling, however, any questioning of focus when she went birthday suit onto the ESPN Magazine cover. That's one thing she's done that truly upset me, and most pooh-poohed the notion of being upset about it. Sharapova and Serena don't seem too affected after they do commercials. I just wish that she'd do one that aired here in the USA :!:
Again, please, please let the next posted photo of Daniela be one of a practice in Paris!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 23. May 2013 21:48 

Local Time:
|23. May 2024| 08:22
I do not think she was ever poor. Doesn't she come from a well-off family? Both of her parents having a university degree. Besides, she was a classical trained pianist, which is not usual for poor children.

And in all fairness, I do not think Daniela's out of court endeavours have ever affected her tennis focus, ever. I think she knows how to plan herself (her tournament scheduling is appalling, though). Why not take extra money and fun when tennis isn't going great? It's good to keep herself balanced.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 23. May 2013 22:10 

Local Time:
do not think she was ever poor. Doesn't she come from a well-off family? Both of her parents having a university degree. Besides, she was a classical trained pianist, which is not usual for poor children.

And in all fairness, I do not think Daniela's out of court endeavours have ever affected her tennis focus, ever. I think she knows how to plan herself (her tournament scheduling is appalling, though). Why not take extra money and fun when tennis isn't going great? It's good to keep herself balanced.

I remember reading somewhere that early in her childhood, when there was still an Iron Curtain, most of what her parents made went to the government, like so many who lived through those days. I've seen a photo of her childhood home; it's not one of a well-to-do family. Maybe there was more for her family after Slovakia regained independence.
I agree 1000% with the focus observation, Helio.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 24. May 2013 01:20 

Local Time:
|23. May 2024| 12:22
I think to a big extent this tournament was the preparation and warm-up for Roland Garros. Daniela spent a week preparing for the Fed Cup in Moscow which was incredibly important to her, she was preparing in Madrid for a week beforehand and she was training hard in Rome so if she takes a couple of days off for a photoshoot and to do a TV show then she has earned the right to do so. The TV show was recorded on Friday which was three days before she played and she was practising in Strasbourg on Sunday. I'm sure that Daniela will be preparing well for Roland Garros.

Daniela spent more than a week in Queensland preparing before the season started in Australia and she beat Errani in Brisbane, she spent a week in Las Vegas at the adidas camp before Indian Wells and she was in Madrid for a week preparing before the tournament started where she got a top 20 & a top 10 win, so she's been very diligent in her build up to the big tournaments this year and generally that preparation has paid off in her biggest wins this year. Daniela's had disappointing losses this year but generally they've been in tournaments like Marrakech and Strasbourg that aren't that important relatively speaking.

By Czechoslovakian standards, Daniela's family would have been middle, if not upper-middle, class. Her father was a professor and her mother was a toxicologist which are high status professions in any society. Her living standards will have improved a bit since then.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3