Roland Garros Women's Legends        Daniela/ Francesca Schiavone bt Lucie Safarova/ Nathalie Tauziat 6-2 6-3        Mixed Legends: Daniela/Guy Forget bt Francesca Schiavone/Mansour Bahrami 4-6 6-3 10-4        Mixed Legends: Tatiana Golovin/Sebastien Grosjean bt Daniela/Cedric Pioline 4-6 6-2 12-10        Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 227 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Career Grand Slam
 Post subject: Re: The Championships, Wimbledon
PostPosted: 24. June 2010 18:39 

Local Time:
|16. June 2024| 22:27
I still believe Daniela will have some success.

At least an WTA title. Daniela pls!

Hope it will come sometime cos theres not so much time any more.

So Daniela. Pull yourself together, take a lesson from your matches!

Everything in life happens for a reason

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 24. June 2010 18:44 

Local Time:
|16. June 2024| 21:27
Can't quite believe it really. I was watching the scoreboard at work and left when it was in the early stages of the second set and thought that Daniela would be fine. You would have thought that all the years ive been supporting and watching Daniela I would have known that nothing is ever going to be a breeze and it seems that that was the case. Such a massive disappointment but nothing we can say or do will change the fact that Daniela lost today, so only the next tournament we must go.

Scott

http://www.facebook.com/scotthatley1987
http://twitter.com/scotthatley87

Profile WWW

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 24. June 2010 18:45 

Local Time:
I will be watching doubles at least :)

Daniela will be next on court 5 again...

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 24. June 2010 18:50 

Local Time:
She didn't maintain her 1st set level and that's happening more and more these days. It's as simple as that...

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 24. June 2010 19:00 

Local Time:
Nevermind, I will come through this somehow :)

There was and will be much more upsets at Wimbledon. Look at the Stosurs 1R loss...

So Daniela was playing good and bad, but the czech really had some lucky points at the end and kept everything back and then all the pressure on Daniela. It would have been winners if she was playing other players, pity.

Hope Daniela will have the match of her life in the next matches, not her opponents :/

Im looking forward to see doubles at least. :)

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 24. June 2010 19:20 

Local Time:
This is a low moment and a massive disappointment but Daniela's shown her resilience so many times in the past when she's had devastating losses and she's bounced back. Keep the faith and keep believing, Daniela will come back from this and she'll get good results and do well later on this year. I admire your optimism,but any serious analysis of Daniela's career will recognize that she simply hasn't been the same player since AO 20008. Hard-fought victories over the Vania Kings of this world are one thing,but she is consistently failing the close the deal in matches she has the whip hand in-the Monterrey final being a particularly egregious example.

Seriously,how do you keep your spirits up when she plays as cluelessly as she did today?

Since Monterey, Daniela's had straight sets wins against Petrova, Jankovic and Wickmayer so I'd say they count as good wins against quality opponents.

The lowest I ever felt as a Daniela fan was after she lost in the first round at Roland Garros in 2004, but she went on that run to the semis of the mixed doubles and that got her winning and having fun again and then she went all the way to the Eastbourne final a few weeks later and after that I always believed in Daniela, her character and her talent. I like Daniela and I care for her and I always support and stick by the people I care for. I accept that there are days like this but I know there will be great wins and I appreciate the good times but I realise that it's not always plain sailing. Plus, everyone has an off day and losses matches they should win, just look at some of the results already at Wimbledon or some of the results this year.

I've also got a naturally sunny disposition.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 24. June 2010 19:26 

Local Time:

There was and will be much more upsets at Wimbledon. Look at the Stosurs 1R loss...

So Daniela was playing good and bad, but the czech really had some lucky points at the end and kept everything back and then all the pressure on Daniela. It would have been winners if she was playing other players, pity.

Hope Daniela will have the match of her life in the next matches, not her opponents :/

At 4-4, 30-30, Zahlavova Strycova's serve was looking really fragile and had been for the previous couple of service games, but then Zahlavova Strycova blasted an ace and a service winner to win the game and take back the momentum of the match. They definitely were no fucking way shots.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 24. June 2010 19:39 

Local Time:
Rodionova's just beaten Kuznetsova.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 24. June 2010 19:46 

Local Time:
Since Monterey, Daniela's had straight sets wins against Petrova, Jankovic and Wickmayer so I'd say they count as good wins against quality opponents. It's the inconsistency that grates. They were all fine performances followed by losses in her next singles match(admittedly one was an exceptional performance against Venus).

The lowest I ever felt as a Daniela fan was after she lost in the first round at Roland Garros in 2004, An interesting choice. The main thing about 2004 was that she was looking healthy again(although she was being coached by a total prat :) ). I would say Wimbledon 2003,Quebec 2004,Wimbledon 2007,AO 2008 and Miami 2009 were all lower moments.

I suppose the main concern is that at Wimbledon,the Slam that means the most to her,she was unable to rise above a fairly insipid standard. If she can't raise her level here,how will she raise it for the gruelling hardcourt season that awaits her?

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 24. June 2010 19:49 

Local Time:
Rodionova's just beaten Kuznetsova. :lol: And I thought being a Dani fan was frustrating. Imagine being a Kuzzy fan!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 24. June 2010 20:03 

Local Time:
Doubles has started on court 7

Daniela & Black are 2-0 up.
2-1.
3-1.
4-1, double break.
4-2, broken back.
5-2, double break again.
6-2.

2nd set:

0-1
0-2, broken.
0-3
1-3
1-4
2-4
2-5
2-6.

3rd set:

Play Suspended.

Netherlands 2-1 Cameroon (Van Persie 36, Huntelaar 83; Eto'o 65)
Japan 3-1 Denmark (Honda 17, Endo 30, Okazaki 87; Tomasson 81)

I see Nicolas Mahut is playing doubles, guy must be shattered.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 24. June 2010 20:36 

Local Time:
pity its not on a show court :/

Kuznetsova also had those upsets lately....

and Jankovic... ah, I dnot like her, her ranking! She is struggeling in her matches, too. But total opposite of Daniela, cos she manages to win those matches and thats the difference :/

Its sad cos we know when Daniela is on, she can beat Jankovic easily...

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 24. June 2010 20:48 

Local Time:

At 4-4, 30-30, Zahlavova Strycova's serve was looking really fragile and had been for the previous couple of service games, but then Zahlavova Strycova blasted an ace and a service winner to win the game and take back the momentum of the match. They definitely were no fucking way shots.
And thats where the all matches of Daniela are turned around :(

Couple of no fucking way shots of her opponent or no fucking way errors of Daniela :/

If I heard correctly, when Daniela was missing court in today match, she told herself in mad way some rude words in Slovak :D
Something like "I will not(cant) hit a single(one) fucking backhand" :D When she was frustrated...

Im not sure, but it sounded like these words in Slovak :D

Edit:
About the doubles... similar scoring of sets so far :/

6:2
2:6 :/

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 24. June 2010 21:59 

Local Time:
Order of Play, Friday, 25 June:

Court 7

13:00
Ladies' Doubles
Cara Black(ZIM)[11] /
Daniela Hantuchova(SVK)[11]
vs
Maria Kondratieva(RUS) /
Vladimira Uhlirova(CZE)
To Finish 2-6 6-2

Gentlemen's Doubles - 2nd Round
Wesley Moodie(RSA)[7] /
Dick Norman(BEL)[7] vs. Andrey Golubev(KAZ) /
Andreas Seppi(ITA)

Ladies' Doubles
Sara Errani(ITA) /
Roberta Vinci(ITA) vs. Maria Kirilenko(RUS)[10] /
Agnieszka Radwanska(POL)[10]

Mixed Doubles - 1st Round
Dick Norman(BEL) /
Yanina Wickmayer(BEL) vs. Jonathan Marray(GBR) /
Anna Smith(GBR)

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 24. June 2010 22:40 

Local Time:
|16. June 2024| 17:27
I'll repost something I just said at tennisforum to this "fan" who is clamoring daniela should just retire, that she is pathetic, hasn't done better this year and can't improve a thing.
I usually prefer not to respond to this kind of hate, but it really pissed me off. Because as annoyed as I am at today's loss, those comments about her got to me:

I'm sorry, but her ranking going down does not mean anything. It basically tells us that the competition is more fierce every year. However, I believe this year daniela has been playing well on a more consisten basis.

Look at the players in the 10-25 braket: Sharapova, Henin, Li, Zvonareva, Bartoli, Penneta, Petrova, Rezai, Peer, Sveta. This list is frightenly good! Players who are either going up the rakings, have been consistent enough, or have just recently fallen off the top 10. Daniela could be there but hasn't had that final push. She has lacked the consistency at some points, or has been unlucky another couple of times.

She lost to Barbora, and yes, daniela had a lot to do with it (she couldn't come up with the correct strategy), but no shame to this girl, she played her game at her best, she wasn't gifted a match: retrieving every single ball, dropshots and slices that daniela couldn't handle, coming up to volley.

If you really believe that daniela can't improve anything, then ok, it is your opinion. But don't come blasting about how pathetic she is and how she should be done with tennis, it is just disrespectful and extremist.

I guess you don't get why she plays: she loves the sport, she has passion, she has talent. Sadly hasn't had the consistency nor the strong mentality tennis demands to be on top all the time. However, she knows how to get there and Im sure she'll give everything she has to achieve it once again... Whether it happens or not, remains to be seen. I just know I'll be along for the ride and support her until she finds a new passion.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 227 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next