Roland Garros Women's Legends        Daniela/ Francesca Schiavone bt Lucie Safarova/ Nathalie Tauziat 6-2 6-3        Mixed Legends: Daniela/Guy Forget bt Francesca Schiavone/Mansour Bahrami 4-6 6-3 10-4        Mixed Legends: Tatiana Golovin/Sebastien Grosjean bt Daniela/Cedric Pioline 4-6 6-2 12-10        Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 98 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: Fed Cup World Group Play-off, Slovakia v Serbia.
PostPosted: 16. April 2011 14:35 

Local Time:
|16. June 2024| 13:32
Dominika's picked up her level in the past few games and she hit 2 aces in her last service game to go 4-3 up in the second.

All the livestreams are showing the Serbian tv coverage and they went away from the match to show some rally or protest match.

Dominika goes 5-3 up breaking Jovanovski with a nice drop shot.

2nd set to Dominika 6-3. She's playing well and Jovanovski's making more errors.

3rd set:
Dominika goes 2-0 up with a net cord but the live scores says winning forehand drive.
2-1. Another long game on the Jovanovski serve but she holds after saving a couple of BPs.
3-1. Dominika holds.
4-1. Dominika gets the doubles break to 30.
5-1. Dominika holds to 0.
6-1. :slovakia: Great win by Dominika who fought back from a set and 2-0 down to win 12 of the last 14 games. Her groundstrokes, consistency and court coverage ground Jovanovski down.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 16. April 2011 15:59 

Local Time:
|16. June 2024| 14:32
All the streams are horrid and stuttery anyone got anything decent?

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 16. April 2011 16:05 

Local Time:
All the streams seem to be the same feed from Serbian tv, eddy.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 16. April 2011 16:06 

Local Time:
Shit, Daniela's broken in the first game.
0-1.
1-1. Daniela breaks right back.
2-1. Daniela holds to 30.
2-2. Daniela had a couple of BPs but Ivanovic holds.
2-3. Daniela broken to 15 after a double fault. She's not getting enough first serves in, only 41% at the moment.
2-4. Ivanovic holds to 0.
2-5. Daniela broken to 15. She's not serving well while Ivanovic is dictating a lot of the rallies at the moment.
2-6.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 16. April 2011 16:19 

Local Time:
daniela has some great shots, 2-2

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 16. April 2011 16:35 

Local Time:
First set An 6-2 :(

Daniela started off so well and had a few break points at 2-1 up and Ana got a lucky net cord. Since then it's been Ana dictating and Daniela erroring.

Hope Daniela can get a good start to 2nd set...she's not been serving very well at all.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 16. April 2011 16:35 

Local Time:
Daniela's looking a bit forlorn at the changeover. Come on Daniela, keep fighting.

0-1. Ivanovic breaks. Daniela was 40-15 up. She hit 2 DFs in the game.
1-1. Daniela breaks back and wins the game on her 3rd BP after Ivanovic serves a BP.
2-1. Daniela holds to 15.
I go away for a bit and it's 2-4. Bah.
Come on Daniela, keep going and keep fighting. It ain't over till it's over. Ivanovic totally blew it in Miami.
3-4. Daniela saves a couple of BPs with some really nice shots and holds on.
3-5.
It's crucial that Daniela holds here, she needs to get first serves in.
4-5. A long game there with a lot of deuces but Daniela's able to win it. It's still on.
4-6. Fuck, fuck, fuck.

Ivanovic played well, her groundstrokes were powerful and she served well so she was able to put a lot of pressure on Daniela and dictate a lot of the rallies. If Daniela got a first serve in she was able to control the rallies and, especially in the second set, she won a lot of points on her first serve. Unfortunately, she didn't get enough first serves in so Ivanovic was able to attack the second serve and she usually stood about a metre inside the service line so she took the second serve early and was then able to take control of the rally. Daniela won 68% of her 1st serve points, Ivanovic 69%, but Daniela won only 23% of her second serve points while Ivanovic won 43%.

Still, Dominika had a good win so it's level at 1-1. Hopefully, Daniela's able to win tomorrow and Slovakia wins the tie. It would be great to wrap it up before the doubles but the important thing is that Daniela and Slovakia wins.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 16. April 2011 16:52 

Local Time:
That's better Daniela (holds with an ace) 2-1 comon break Ana now

ANA IS SO LUCKY 2 NET CORDS

Ana's smashing away Daniela's 2nd serves. Not good serving from Daniela this match..:(

Well not much you can do as Ivanovic is ful of confidence and blasting everything like she did when she was no.1..and barely any unforced errors from Ana..meanwhile Daniela well below her best..

Terrfic hold from Daniela facing to go 2-5 down but it's 3-4 and if Daniela can break here we have a set...

Poor Marek - first time he watches Daniela live and this....if Daniela can play just 5% better she'd be winning this match...

2-6 4-6 Poor Daniela she'll be gutted...didn't really show up today, especially her serve and return. This doesn't really bode well for the upcoming clay season but hopefully she can put in a better performance tomorrow. Well done Domi for winning first rubber.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 16. April 2011 17:53 

Local Time:
Geez,I've been waiting over 3 years for Daniela to play Ivanovic again,and she plays like that?

Lay off the mind games next time.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 16. April 2011 18:12 

Local Time:
|16. June 2024| 09:32
Daniela underestimated Ivanovic and here is the result. I really don't know what to think of Daniela's actual level of play.

I don't fancy Daniela's chances against Jovanovsky or Jankovic, either. I hope Domi can win against Ana.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 16. April 2011 19:11 

Local Time:
Slovak admitted that Ivanovic won deservedly. "It was a very tough match. Servovala Ana very well, missed me better interlude. I have good moments alternated with weaker. The biggest difference was the percentage success of the first filing. I usually go through a second service, which water mill was the rival, who then pushed me. Ana played its solid tennis, anything extra not surprise me. My performance was not optimal. It is always frustrating when the training Makati, but in a match you do not to your liking. I will try to defeat this leave behind and concentrate on Sunday's," said Hantuchova.

Slovak captain Matthew Liptak was 1:1 with the state after the first day happy. "It could be better, but worse. I am glad that in Sunday's singles will have on the play. I believe that we will go until at least Deblov. It's still open 50:50 '. Dominika Cibulkova against Jovanovski's not easy. Bojana played superbly in the first sete Domča and has long been struggling to find a game concept. Since the middle of the second set she started to play more aggressively, speed up the game and managed to turn the negative trend. In the third set Jovanovski left and physically. I suppose that on Sunday it Serbian captain to stand and instead will play Jelena Jankovic. Domča could sit Ivanovic game better than Daniela, which today nepodržalo filing Ana contrary servovala great," said Liptak.

Ivanovic was satisfied after the duel. "I am glad that I managed to fight for Serbia, an important balancing point. Play against Daniela, in addition to thunderous home crowd is not easy. I played aggressively, I dictated the pace. It was one of my best Performances in the Fed Cup and a good springboard into the clay season, which is already very looking forward, "said Ivanovic. Serbian captain Dejan Vranes was 1:1 with the state only partially satisfied. "Secretly I hoped that it could also be 2-0 for us. Bojana, however, unable to cope with pressure overload. It is a young player and was unable to keep pace first and the beginning of the second set. Cibulkova ran a very good match. I am glad that Ana after a very good performance stride. Daniela is a very difficult rival, but Ana did not let her on her game. We'll see how tomorrow will feel Jelena Jankovic, but it is possible that it will build into singles."
@ google translation.

"For us it is a very important point and I'm glad I got it. We both started nervously, but then it faded from us. With my performance in a challenging atmosphere, I'm satisfied. She I keep the rhythm and gaming comfort. I did not let Daniel to its typical game and overall it was one of my best performances in the Fed Cup. The atmosphere in our team is very good advice and we would come away with a victory here," said Ana Ivanovic.

"It was a very tough match. Ana played very well and won deservedly, was better. I had a chance, but I alternated good and weaker moments. The biggest difference is the first administration - my service was not the best. I will try to defeat this leave behind , although it is not easy, and pull round tomorrow," said Daniela Hantuchova.

"Ideally, if we led 2-0 after Saturday, so the state of 1:1 am only partially satisfied. We'll see how it would feel Jelena Jankovic in the evening. Accordingly, we decide whether resumes on Sunday," said Captain Srbiek Dejan Vranes.

"I expect in Sunday singles enters Jankovic. I'm glad it's not 1:1. It could be better, but worse. The match is still completely open," said Captain Matthew Liptak Sloveniek.

"It was different tennis in all sets. I came to court a little nervous, I felt pressure, it was on my part smooth. The beginning was bad, rival pushed me, I was running as dirty 'underwear'. The state of 0:2 in the second set I was angry at myself, I said to myself, that still does not practice to me Jovanovski blasted out of court. I started to 'heckle', the captain said to me, I went to the ball after the ball. I started to play my game i am better servovala returnovala, I was more relaxed and I played what I had. Then I dominated on the court," said Dominika Cibulkova, who as one of the factors identified its successful turnover perfect atmosphere:

"The spectators were fantastic. In the third set I had goosebumps at times. Even for the fans I'm glad I was able to get the first point."

@ google translation.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 16. April 2011 19:39 

Local Time:
|16. June 2024| 07:32
Revenge will have to wait, I guess. Anyway, if the Serbian coach is foolish enough to play Jovanovski instead of Jelena again tomorrow, Daniela should be able to wait convincingly.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 16. April 2011 20:39 

Local Time:
I thought it would be this scenario

Never mind. I had fun and was glad to see them, even though only from distance :D

We have score at least 1:1 thanks to Dominika. We will see tomorrow....

All players were beautiful. Ana like I'm used to see her in TV.... Daniela looked lovely in those purple dress. I would say Daniela and Dominika are more beautiful in person, when I saw them live. Daniela looked like Kournikova a bit on the court, maybe those dresses... :)

I was yelling Daniela's name like a fool to cheer her up in the end :D but it didn't help :( :D

Everything in life happens for a reason

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 17. April 2011 12:04 

Local Time:
Glad you had a good time Marek...hopefully you won't have to wait a long time before you see her in action again!

Domi is playing well, up a break against Ana at the moment. Ana definitely not playing as well as she did against Dani.

Nice first set Domi! 6-4 Really hope that Domi can win this one to take pressure off Daniela.

Domi d Ana 6-4 3-3 retired , I think a stomach injury - poor Ana hope she recovers ok.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 17. April 2011 12:58 

Local Time:
Surprise, surprise, Jankovic replaces Jovanovski.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 98 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next