Roland Garros Women's Legends        Daniela/ Francesca Schiavone bt Lucie Safarova/ Nathalie Tauziat 6-2 6-3        Mixed Legends: Daniela/Guy Forget bt Francesca Schiavone/Mansour Bahrami 4-6 6-3 10-4        Mixed Legends: Tatiana Golovin/Sebastien Grosjean bt Daniela/Cedric Pioline 4-6 6-2 12-10        Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 134 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Site Admin
 Post subject: Re: Roland Garros, Paris
PostPosted: 23. May 2009 14:02 

Local Time:
|21. June 2024| 08:05
Hope you're right martin. Daniela behaved really immaturely in that 3rd set yesterday and really left a bad taste in my mouth. When your coach is trying to help you,don't mock him behind his back. :roll: I saw that she was quite frustrated, but couldn't notice what she said. I was watching at work, volume turned down.
Lenglen played pretty quickly last year,so lets hope Daniela gets to play there.Not only the last year. It's the fastest court at RG as far as I am aware. There were many complaints about this court in the past.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 23. May 2009 15:19 

Local Time:
|21. June 2024| 03:05
Hope you're right martin. Daniela behaved really immaturely in that 3rd set yesterday and really left a bad taste in my mouth. When your coach is trying to help you,don't mock him behind his back. :roll:

Lenglen played pretty quickly last year,so lets hope Daniela gets to play there.

What did she say? Cant imagine daniela mocking someone :geek:

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 23. May 2009 16:01 

Local Time:
I saw that she was quite frustrated, but couldn't notice what she said. I was watching at work, volume turned down.It seemed to start during the previous series of games-Daniela got broken with a truly hideous FH UE,then despite winning the next point gave Larry a real mouthful of abuse . She then proceeded to lose the game with some more :retard: errors. When Larry came to talk to her she was studiously avoiding eye-contact,and then when he left,rolled her eyes in disdain and mimicked his hand gestures. She also gave the ballboys some grief during her next service game,which she proceeded to lose. Not pretty to watch. :|

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 23. May 2009 16:21 

Local Time:
I saw that she was quite frustrated, but couldn't notice what she said. I was watching at work, volume turned down.It seemed to start during the previous series of games-Daniela got broken with a truly hideous FH UE,then despite winning the next point gave Larry a real mouthful of abuse . She then proceeded to lose the game with some more :retard: errors. When Larry came to talk to her she was studiously avoiding eye-contact,and then when he left,rolled her eyes in disdain and mimicked his hand gestures. She also gave the ballboys some grief during her next service game,which she proceeded to lose. Not pretty to watch. :|

Oh well, Id rather blame it on ultra frustration... I hate it when players behave like that. But I guess anyone can act out in moments of great pressure or annoyance...

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 23. May 2009 16:37 

Local Time:
Oh well, Id rather blame it on ultra frustration... It's understandable why she acted as she did,because the slowness of the court was obviously bothering her. However,I believe if she setled down and concentrated on the task at hand,she could have still won the game. She was only a break down,and she broke the Romanian's next service game. Unfortunately,she couldn't hold herself :roll:

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 23. May 2009 16:57 

Local Time:
Oh well, Id rather blame it on ultra frustration... It's understandable why she acted as she did,because the slowness of the court was obviously bothering her. However,I believe if she setled down and concentrated on the task at hand,she could have still won the game. She was only a break down,and she broke the Romanian's next service game. Unfortunately,she couldn't hold herself :roll:

Typical danka :oops:

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 23. May 2009 17:04 

Local Time:
|21. June 2024| 07:05
I didn't see Daniela's rant; Andre Agassi and Steffi Graf were flogging watches at the time.

If Daniela's mocking her coach and having a go at the ballboys, then she'd lost her focus and is distracted and she's not thinking about the game or tactics. Dulgheru would see that and it would have encouraged her.
Daniela was the big favourite to win and she's have expected to win and to see the momentum slip away from her would be frustrating, plus the conditions were the least favourable for her, which would be another irritant. A bit of anger at least shows she cares, but she was distracted and it's a lot harder to win when you're angry and distracted.
Passos is as good a coach as Daniela could get right now but good coaches will be able to handle outbursts from a player and I'm pretty sure Daniela will be able to sort things out with Passos and get ready for Roland Garros and Razzano.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 23. May 2009 17:39 

Local Time:
I didn't see Daniela's rant;She didn't rant,it would have been much better if she did,to release some of that tension and give Larry something to work with. Instead,she calls for the coach and gives him the silent treatment,it was very peculiar to watch. :| good coaches will be able to handle outbursts from a player Like Sears at RG 2003? :roll: That still pisses me off to this day. :grr:

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 23. May 2009 17:44 

Local Time:
Off-Topic:
Like Sears at RG 2003? :roll: That still pisses me off to this day. :grr:
What happened back then? I wasnt a fan, so I really dont know about that time...

I hope she lets this frustration behind and thinks positively about Paris...

hellene fan
PostPosted: 23. May 2009 17:54 

Local Time:
esp player covers all day live chatrier,lenglen and courts 1,2,3,6 and seven
it costs 4,90 euros for one month or 49,90 per year.its cheap and worths,good quality
surely daniela will play as razzano is french in one of the main courts

hellene fan
PostPosted: 23. May 2009 18:20 

Local Time:
zvonareva pulled out,kate o'brien replaces her in the draw
no changes in seeds

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 23. May 2009 18:22 

Local Time:
|21. June 2024| 01:05
no changes in seeds

I'm not sure what the cutoff was, but had this happened earlier than Razzano and Schnyder would have moved around in the draw. And Daniela would face O'Brien.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 23. May 2009 18:24 

Local Time:
no changes in seeds

Just saw that; great news for Katie.
Maybe its too late for the organisers to rearrange sections of the draw now, probably because everyone is preparing to play who they were first drawn against and any changes at this stage would probably be unfair on those players concerned. So Daniela will still play Razzano.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 23. May 2009 18:25 

Local Time:
no changes in seeds

I'm not sure what the cutoff was, but had this happened earlier than Razzano and Schnyder would have moved around in the draw. And Daniela would face O'Brien.

Why would Schnyder move?

hellene fan
PostPosted: 23. May 2009 18:29 

Local Time:
Any vacancy created by the withdrawal of a seed prior to the
release of the Order of Play for the first day of Main Draw
shall be filled as follows:
- If the withdrawal is among seeds 1 to 16, the 17
th seed is
moved into then open position, and the 17th position shall
be filled by the next highest ranked player eligible to be
seeded;
- If the withdrawal is among seeds 17 to 32 it shall be filled
by the next highest ranked player eligible to be seeded.
The position vacated by that next highest ranked player shall
then be filled by the next player on the original entry list if
prior to the commencement of qualifying or by the eligible
Lucky Loser if after the commencement of qualifying.
Any vacancy created by the withdrawal of a seed which
occurs after the release of the Order of Play for the first day

of the Main Draw shall be filled by eligible Lucky Losers.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 134 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next