Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 197 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 14  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: China Open, Beijing
PostPosted: 24. September 2008 14:16 

Local Time:
|23. May 2024| 09:30
The bottom channelsurfing one was working but not anymore and the one you gave me is just giving a blank screen. I'm using safari for mac and a lot of livestreams don't work that well on it.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Site Admin
PostPosted: 24. September 2008 14:24 

Local Time:
|23. May 2024| 10:30
too bad. I really don't know macs well. I use pc.

Profile WWW

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 24. September 2008 14:34 

Local Time:
Thanks anyway Christina. Come on Daniela, serve it out.

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 24. September 2008 14:37 

Local Time:
6-5 ahead. One more to go.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 24. September 2008 14:39 

Local Time:
:wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: YEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

media master
PostPosted: 24. September 2008 14:40 

Local Time:
finally :lol:

not sure what to expect from her match vs Jankovic
but at least she won the matches from the lower ranked players :)

Fan of Daniela Hantuchova since the Australian Open 2002 Other players: Azarenka,Wozniacki,Henin,Safarova,Benesova

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 24. September 2008 14:45 

Local Time:
|23. May 2024| 19:30
FINALLY!!!!!!!! yay!!!!!!!!

that was a bit tense. im so glad she won that. i knew daniela had to get to 5 first and then 6 first to win the third set. im so glad it wasn't another paszek/ivanovic third set, where she got broken at the last minute.

well done daniela!!! hopefully a good confidence booster and a return to form. just cut out those UEs!!!!!!!! :P

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 24. September 2008 14:47 

Local Time:
A very well first set, I must say. After that, a very bad second set, which according to her interview, she couldn't move at all because it was too cold out there. Then in the third set, she played well enough to get through, along with her fighting spirit which is really good. Another QF for Daniela, well done.

Site Admin
PostPosted: 24. September 2008 14:49 

Local Time:
the first set was great. The level dropped in the second set. Though I don't think the difference between them was 6-0. She just didn't win at the crucial times. Third set was wow. Some great rallies but also UEs. She often dominated but ended with an UE. Couldn't serve it out the first time. I expected that. Great though, that she broke right back. Really showed her determination. I think she was really focused and wanted this win so badly.

I think she has improved a lot since the Bali SF. In general I found her ground strokes stronger and with more length and angles. Also I think at times she moved kind of well. She was often in defense and was able to get to much balls and even hitting winners.

Though for her next match she has to play the entire match as she did in the first set, but I think we should take the positive things from this match. She is in another QF, she has won back to back matches, she is getting some much needed confidence and she is improving.

Profile WWW

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 24. September 2008 14:55 

Local Time:
the first set was great. The level dropped in the second set. Though I don't think the difference between them was 6-0. She just didn't win at the crucial times. Third set was wow. Some great rallies but also UEs. She often dominated but ended with an UE. Couldn't serve it out the first time. I expected that. Great though, that she broke right back. Really showed her determination. I think she was really focused and wanted this win so badly.

I think she has improved a lot since the Bali SF. In general I found her ground strokes stronger and with more length and angles. Also I think at times she moved kind of well. She was often in defense and was able to get to much balls and even hitting winners.
Though for her next match she has to play the entire match as she did in the first set, but I think we should take the positive things from this match. She is in another QF, she has won back to back matches, she is getting some much needed confidence and she is improving.

100% agree, I was :shock: at her defence and movements at some points of the match

Daniela: Dinara: Dominika: Marat: Simone

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 24. September 2008 14:58 

Local Time:

could not agree more! playing a lot better than in bali, though in that first set, tanasugarn was not playing as well.

that second set scoreline is not flattering, but she really just didn't win the crucial points. she had break points in 2 or 3 of those games, and unfortunately didn't convert. had she converted, i think it would have been a straight sets match. anyway, she pulled it out in the end and re-focused. that was encouraging - seeing her brush off that second set and focus for the third. she really wanted it. i saw a little "excitement on one leg" pose after she broke again for 6-5. :lol:

Site Admin
PostPosted: 24. September 2008 14:59 

Local Time:
to the ones who know something about computers:
shouldn't the stream be saved somewhere in our caches? I've looked everywhere but can't find it.

Profile WWW

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 24. September 2008 14:59 

Local Time:
and she gets a day off tomorrow to recover.

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 24. September 2008 15:05 

Local Time:
I watched only the third set. When Dani lost the game at 5-4 (which she was serving)
i wondered if she could recover. Thank God, she did.
It was a kind of miracle that she won having 26 UE while Tamarine had 8 !!!
Jankovic is a different story, she is far superior player to Tamarine
but we can always hope.
By the way, what happened with the challenge that Dani made in the third set ???
She waited for 1-2 minutes but the monitor didn't seem to work.
The umpire took the decision on her own ??

Site Admin
PostPosted: 24. September 2008 15:09 

Local Time:
I watched only the third set. When Dani lost the game at 5-4 (which she was serving)
i wondered if she could recover. Thank God, she did.
It was a kind of miracle that she won having 26 UE while Tamarine had 8 !!!
Jankovic is a different story, she is far superior player to Tamarine
but we can always hope.
By the way, what happened with the challenge that Dani made in the third set ???
She waited for 1-2 minutes but the monitor didn't seem to work.
The umpire took the decision on her own ??

hmm yes. Somehow I don't believe the UEs. I wrote down a lot of notes, I'll have a look at them later to see if I get the same difference in UEs.
I think the big screen did work after a while. She was staring at it and then at the umpire and when the camera again filmed the big screen we saw the hawk-eye and the ball was out. We just didn't see all the anticipation we usually get.

Profile WWW

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 197 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 14  Next