Roland Garros Women's Legends        Daniela/ Francesca Schiavone bt Lucie Safarova/ Nathalie Tauziat 6-2 6-3        Mixed Legends: Daniela/Guy Forget bt Francesca Schiavone/Mansour Bahrami 4-6 6-3 10-4        Mixed Legends: Tatiana Golovin/Sebastien Grosjean bt Daniela/Cedric Pioline 4-6 6-2 12-10        Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 269 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 18  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: The Championships, Wimbledon
PostPosted: 24. June 2008 20:16 

Local Time:
|15. June 2024| 21:38
I think she played well in the second set. Though she lacks match practice. I have my doubts about the 2nd round. I don't think she can win unfortunately.

First of all congratulations Daniela. I dont think alot of us believed that you could win today and you proved us wrong and you have hopefully proved some of the doubters wrong who thought you returned too early. Now onto the next round...

Although Christina I wouldnt say that I think that she will lose, I do think that Daniela may struggle. She seemed to be doing ok today, her movement looked fine and her winners count was brilliant but the usual unforced errors were there in abundance as well. Kleybanova won through qualifying to reach the Quarter finals at Eastbourne last week so she will be full of confidence but if Daniela can keep that winners count up she will always have a chance

Scott

http://www.facebook.com/scotthatley1987
http://twitter.com/scotthatley87

Profile WWW

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 24. June 2008 20:21 

Local Time:
|15. June 2024| 22:38
I only watched the tiebreak and almost all the second set. Daniela played better than I thought, well done. But we can notice that there is still lot of work to do for her to come back to where she was. Of course the main thing is, she can get through and I can't notice any sign of injury. Hopefully that is true what I saw, which means she is really ready to come back and that is great. I have no expectation at all, since this is her first tournament after such a long time. Every win is a bonus for me. Congratulations again and rest well Daniela.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 24. June 2008 20:48 

Local Time:
Wimbledon OOP - Wednesday 25th June

Centre Court - 1pm Start

Novak Djokovic (SRB)(3) vs. Marat Safin (RUS)
Svetlana Kuznetsova (RUS)(4) vs. Kateryna Bondarenko (UKR)
Roger Federer (SUI)(1) vs. Robin Soderling (SWE)

Court 1 - 1pm Start
Ana Ivanovic (SRB)(1) vs. Nathalie Dechy (FRA)
Marcos Baghdatis (CYP)(10) vs. Thomas Johansson (SWE)
Igor Andreev (RUS) vs. David Ferrer (ESP)(5)

Court 2 - 12pm Start
Elena Baltacha (GBR) vs. Jie Zheng (CHN)
Lleyton Hewitt (AUS)(20) vs. Albert Montanes (ESP)
Urszula Radwanska (POL) vs. Serena Williams (USA)(6)
Edina Gallovits (ROU) vs. Anna Chakvetadze (RUS)(8)

Profile WWW

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 24. June 2008 21:14 

Local Time:
Results - Tuesday 24th June 2008

(2) Jelena Jankovic (SRB) bt. Olga Savchuk (UKR) 6-3 6-2, (3) Maria Sharapova (RUS) bt. (Q) Stéphanie Foretz (FRA) 6-1 6-4, (7) Venus Williams (USA) bt. (WC) Naomi Cavaday (GBR) 7-6(5) 6-1, (9) Dinara Safina (RUS) bt. Chan Yung-Jan (TPE) 7-6(8) 6-2, (10) Daniela Hantuchova (SVK) bt. Sara Errani (ITA) 7-6(5) 6-4, (13) Vera Zvonareva (RUS) bt. Aiko Nakamura (JPN) 6-1 6-7(3) 6-1, (16) Victoria Azarenka (BLR) bt. Tsvetana Pironkova (BUL) 6-1 6-1, (20) Francesca Schiavone (ITA) bt. Tamira Paszek (AUT) 6-3 5-7 10-8, (21) Nadia Petrova (RUS) bt. Olga Govortsova (BLR) 6-4 6-4, (22) Flavia Pennetta (ITA) bt. Julia Vakulenko (UKR) 6-3 6-4, Julia Goerges (GER) bt. (23) Katarina Srebotnik (SLO) 4-6 7-6(6) 16-14, (24) Shahar Peer (ISR) bt. (WC) Katie O'Brien (GBR) 6-3 7-5, (25) Lindsay Davenport (USA) bt. Renata Voracova (CZE) 6-3 5-7 6-3, (26) Sybille Bammer (AUT) bt. Sofia Arvidsson (SWE) 4-6 4-1 ret., (31) Caroline Wozniacki (DEN) bt. (Q) Eva Hrdinova (CZE) 6-2 7-5, (32) Sania Mirza (IND) bt. Catalina Castaño (COL) 7-6(3) 3-6 6-4, Ai Sugiyama (JPN) bt. Yanina Wickmayer (BEL) 6-4 6-2, Gisela Dulko (ARG) bt. Aravane Rezai (FRA) 1-6 6-0 6-2, Alisa Kleybanova (RUS) bt. Tzipora Obziler (ISR) 6-4 6-0, Marina Erakovic (NZL) bt. Michaella Krajicek (NED) 7-6(3) 7-6(6), Peng Shuai (CHN) bt. (Q) Viktoriya Kutuzova (UKR) 6-3 6-4, Tamarine Tanasugarn (THA) bt. Petra Cetkovska (CZE) 6-4 6-3, Sorana Cirstea (ROU) bt. Ekaterina Bychkova (RUS) 6-4 6-4, Timea Bacsinszky (SUI) bt. Julie Ditty (USA) 7-5 6-3, Emilie Loit (FRA) bt. Lucie Safarova (CZE) 6-3 7-6(4), Monica Niculescu (ROU) bt. (Q) Magdalena Rybarikova (SVK) 1-6 6-3 6-4, Aleksandra Wozniak (CAN) bt. Mariya Koryttseva (UKR) 7-5 6-4, Hsieh Su-Wei (TPE) bt. Stéphanie Cohen-Aloro (FRA) 6-3 6-2, Anne Keothavong (GBR) bt. Vania King (USA) 4-6 6-2 6-3, Alla Kudryavtseva (RUS) bt. Ekaterina Makarova (RUS) 6-0 6-4, Mara Santangelo (ITA) bt. Maret Ani (EST) 7-5 6-3, (Q) María José Martínez Sánchez (ESP) bt. Martina Müller (GER) 6-1 6-1, (WC) Carla Suárez Navarro (ESP) bt. Galina Voskoboeva (RUS) 6-2 6-4

To Be Completed: Elena Dementieva (RUS)(5) leads Maria Elena Camerin (ITA) 6-3 3-3

Seeds Knocked Out Today:
Katarina Srebotnik (23)

Profile WWW

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 24. June 2008 21:27 

Local Time:
|15. June 2024| 15:38
Seeds Knocked Out Today:
Katarina Srebotnik (23)

that was one hell of a match 4-6 7-6 16-14!! :o

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 24. June 2008 21:38 

Local Time:
Seeds Knocked Out Today:
Katarina Srebotnik (23)

that was one hell of a match 4-6 7-6 16-14!! :o

A very long final set in that one, I think its times like these when you would rather lose in a final set tiebreak then go through the too-ing and throwing of a set like that

Scott

Profile WWW

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 24. June 2008 21:42 

Local Time:
|16. June 2024| 05:38
This is from the Wimbledon site....

Rumours of Daniela Hantuchova’s demise were a little premature. The lovely Dani Hani has just broken Sara Errani to love to make it fives in the first set. I’m a fan of her’s – her level of play is awesome but she needs to step up to the next level mentally (in my humble opinion), as testified by her final-set collapse here last year when Serena was on one leg and still beat her.

Written by AELTC staff

mOnmOn

Profile YIM

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 24. June 2008 21:44 

Local Time:
Julia Goerges was crying at the end of the match. Clearly took alot out of her so not sure what she will be able to bring to her 2nd round match. Not an easy opponant in Erakovic either.

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 24. June 2008 21:45 

Local Time:
|16. June 2024| 05:38
This is from the Wimbledon site....

6.58 pm: Rumours of Daniela Hantuchova’s demise were a little premature. The lovely Dani Hani has just broken Sara Errani to love to make it fives in the first set. I’m a fan of her’s – her level of play is awesome but she needs to step up to the next level mentally (in my humble opinion), as testified by her final-set collapse here last year when Serena was on one leg and still beat her.

7.11 pm: Dani Hani’s back in business, taking the first set on a tie-break. She has great height and reach and good accuracy (which is why she’s a top ten player). James Blake is out there against Belgium’s Christophe Rochus – it’s going with serve on Court No. 2 about half-way through the first set.

7.55 pm: Daniela Hantuchova wins, 7-6, 6-4. I’d like her to go far this year.

Written by AELTC staff

mOnmOn

Profile YIM

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 24. June 2008 21:52 

Local Time:
Under the circumstances it's a very good win for Daniela. She showed great determination to fight back in the first set and while she could have won the second set more easily than she did, she got a straight sets win and that's good given how many problems she's had this year and her lack of practice and fitness. Hopefully, Daniela didn't have any physical problems and she gets some confidence and rhythm from this match.

Kleybanova will be a tough opponent and it would be a great win for Daniela. Every match she wins is a bonus as is staying healthy. So far, so good.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Site Admin
PostPosted: 24. June 2008 22:15 

Local Time:
and you have hopefully proved some of the doubters wrong who thought you returned too early.
This doesn't prove anything, she played injured for many months and was able to win matches. Until I read that she really doesn't have any problems and it doesn't hurt anymore I will have my doubts. Her movement didn't seem affected by any injury, though.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 24. June 2008 22:39 

Local Time:
|15. June 2024| 15:38
Her website is not yet updated with the result. Surprise, surprise.

I just returned from work and am looking forward to seeing the match particularly considering the good reports I have read here. Daniela pretty much brought my productivity down to zero from 4-4 to the end of the first set. ;)

Coincidentally, I have Thursday off so I'll be blogging here while watching the match live.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 24. June 2008 23:09 

Local Time:
Hey guys,

I was at wimbledon today and saw daniela's match on court 6.

Here are some points i'd like to say:

1. Daniela fought brilliantly throughout the match.
2. I noticed that Daniela would not even attempt to retrieve balls that would mean a quick change of direction. I still think that the heel is still a cause for concern although obviously she can play at the moment.
3. In the first set Daniela was extremely angry with herself which I believed helped her get back into the 1st set. I've never seen Daniela so angry! She whacked her bag a few times with her racketduring change of ends. In the 2nd set she calmed down and was never really in trouble.
4. Errors Daniela made was 9 times out of 10 going long rather than in the net. All in all her groundstokes were very good but could penetrate more.
5. One thing that annoyed me was Errani's coach sat behind me and kept talking to Errani in Italian. I hate illegal caoching during matches, i wanted to say something ha ha! As a result Errani kept going to Daniela's backhand and it worked!
6. Finally, Errani was no pushover today, she retreived so many balls! Daniela had to do many overheads - she didn't miss one!

Hope these comments helped. Daniela was so happy when she won, both relief and happiness!

Last edited by eddy on 24. June 2008 23:14, edited 2 times in total.

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 24. June 2008 23:12 

Local Time:
Than you for the scores, especially Christina in the first set. :P

Well done, Daniela. I'm surprised she won. :P I only saw the match point on TV.

Fan de Daniela en toutes circonstances.

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 24. June 2008 23:15 

Local Time:
:lol: congratulation :lol:

.... Daniela your the best in my mind ...

I'm happy to see her winner in the 1st match after her comeback.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 269 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 18  Next