Roland Garros Women's Legends        Daniela/ Francesca Schiavone bt Lucie Safarova/ Nathalie Tauziat 6-2 6-3        Mixed Legends: Daniela/Guy Forget bt Francesca Schiavone/Mansour Bahrami 4-6 6-3 10-4        Mixed Legends: Tatiana Golovin/Sebastien Grosjean bt Daniela/Cedric Pioline 4-6 6-2 12-10        Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: Mutua Madrid Open, Madrid
PostPosted: 3. May 2011 17:36 

Local Time:
|16. June 2024| 03:35
I missed the match but it seems like so many of Daniela's matches against Stosur where it's very close and Daniela plays well but Stosur wins the most important points and the match. In Stosur's winning streak against Daniela, she's always won the first set and the tiebreaks and Stosur won the first set on a tiebreak.

The thunder seemed like it was a big distraction to Daniela and it happened at a crucial point of the match at 5-6 in the second.

It's disappointing and frustrating because Daniela played well again but Stosur wins again.

Hantuchova in his own words did not so good performance as before neeclými two weeks ago in Stuttgart, where he succumbed to Stosur trojsetovom fight. "Samantha servovala outrageously today and in the administration I had almost no chance. The service is male rather than poncy, often at speeds 185 km / h. The second service is very good and difficult to read. In Madrid, the ball rebounding quickly, making it suit, I felt constantly under pressure. In addition, the second set I started again pobolievať weaknesses, it was little more than Stuttgart. When I hit the service, stung me there and it started to hurt. doliečiť I get it, because the clay is a good move very important," said Hantuchova, who returned to the curious moment in the final Geme, when he startled the administration of lightning. "It was a terrible blow. The whole center of Madrid is an iron metal building and properly zarezonovalo. With something like this, I still did not meet during their career, but become even such things nmtreba distract the team," said Hantuchova.
@ google translation.

"We always have tough matches," Stosur said after claiming victory with 24 winners and 28 unforced errors. "We know each other's game very well."

"It was a tough match and I'm glad to get through. I was ready to play a third set if it had gone to that. I just tried to stay in the moment and play each point as it came."

"My game if feeling good on clay, in fact I've had some of my best matches this season on the red clay. I'm feeling very good and hope to keep going like this."

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 3. May 2011 17:51 

Local Time:
|16. June 2024| 04:35
here's the thunder video:

poor thing :oops:

Everything in life happens for a reason

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 3. May 2011 18:16 

Local Time:
Thanks for the video, Marek. Daniela got a nasty shock.

Match highlights:

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 3. May 2011 23:15 

Local Time:
It seems today wasn't Daniela's day especially with all the thunder shit. The crowd just laughed, how ffing rude.

Stosur is playing terrifically, you can tell from just watching the crappy wta highlights, but it also seems that Daniela's playing great too. She just needs to sustain this level and get a good draw and take advantage of it.

Hope Daniela takes positives from this match and she performs well in Rome.

blue webmaster
PostPosted: 3. May 2011 23:51 

Local Time:
i think it was a good match. (Thanks to the live streams I was able to watch it at Uni :D )

Sam played absolutely ruthless in the first set's tiebreak, especially on her own serve. So Daniela's errors weren't the only reason why the tiebreak was over very quickly.

Daniela moved Sam well around the court and could hit many winners. In the end Stosur was a bit more consequent and captured the match.

Still a very pleasing performance. :)

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 3. May 2011 23:59 

Local Time:
Stosur was NOT playing well in the first set-her serve kept her in it,and Daniela's returning could have been better,which was a shame because the rest of her game was clicking rather well. Unfortunately,she then proceeded to make a complete hash of the TB,failing to win a point on her own serve,and Stosur grew in confidence from there.

For whatever reason,Daniela seemed ill at ease today-the stormy weather seemed to fit her mood,and it can't have been to do with her standard of play because it reached a high level today(commentary team were wondering what she was doing outside the top 15!)

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 4. May 2011 00:53 

Local Time:
Well, I don't think she could return better. She was trying... but Stosurs serve...

Even when she called her coach, she was complaining about the speed of Stosur's serve... when he told her to take more risk on the returning.

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 4. May 2011 04:47 

Local Time:
|15. June 2024| 21:35
Off topic: I like the May picture of Daniela better than the April picture. Hot!!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 4. May 2011 10:15 

Local Time:
Well, I don't think she could return better. She was trying... but Stosurs serve...

Even when she called her coach, she was complaining about the speed of Stosur's serve... when he told her to take more risk on the returning.
everytime she requests liptak, he tells her to risk more often, everytime, not only in this match...and thats the way i want to see daniela playing...shes outsider most of the matches and only thing she can do is to risk and play very agressive...this is why i appreciate liptak, hes doing a great job, but sometimes there are matches like this, whne you must play against man and then its all about her/his serve and great forhand...im just angry about sams game! :x

DANIELA HANTUCHOVÁ * MARIA SHARAPOVA * DOMINIKA CIBULKOVÁ * SERENA WILLIAMS * ANNA KAROLÍNA SCHMIEDLOVÁ * ANA IVANOVIC
ROGER FEDERER * DAVID FERRER * ANDY RODDICK * PAUL-HENRI MATHIEU * LLEYTON HEWITT

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 4. May 2011 10:30 

Local Time:
Yes,Liptak's advice was very sound-there was simply no point in standing back on Stosur's second serve because the kick was dragging Daniela way out of court and she doesn't have the quick feet needed to get back into position.

When she did stand in and take the second serve on the rise,she had a fair bit of success.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 4. May 2011 15:12 

Local Time:
Agree, she was trying, but...

Even Daniela said her serve fits rather to mans game...

despite that Daniela was reading it quite good, but wasn't able to do with it much.

Daniela served excellent in the match, too. Stosur had problems with Daniela's serve. But then there were times when her serve let her down and Stosur took advantage of that.

Daniela had even more aces. 9 aces, or so... don't remember.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 8. May 2011 20:15 

Local Time:
Azarenka and Kirilenko won the doubles. They beat Daniela and Agnieszka on a supertiebreak in the first round.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4