Roland Garros Women's Legends        Daniela/ Francesca Schiavone bt Lucie Safarova/ Nathalie Tauziat 6-2 6-3        Mixed Legends: Daniela/Guy Forget bt Francesca Schiavone/Mansour Bahrami 4-6 6-3 10-4        Mixed Legends: Tatiana Golovin/Sebastien Grosjean bt Daniela/Cedric Pioline 4-6 6-2 12-10        Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: Fed Cup World Group 1st Round. Slovakia v Czech Republic
PostPosted: 5. February 2011 14:40 

Local Time:
|23. June 2024| 04:23
Daniela holds from 15-40 and wins the game with three straight aces.

4-3

4-4 - Safarova holds to love.

5-4 - Daniela holds to 15. Her serve has been really good.

5-5 - Safarova got a netcord at 15-30 otherwise Daniela would have had 2 BPs, but Safarova's groundstrokes have been good.

5-6 - Daniela's broken to 30. Daniela saved one BP with an ace but she double faulted on the second.

5-7 - Safarova serves out to love.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 5. February 2011 14:48 

Local Time:
|22. June 2024| 23:23
She's using Prince again. Her serve is pretty good. I did see a glimmer of hope in some of her serving at this year's AO.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 5. February 2011 15:09 

Local Time:
2nd set:

1-0 - goes to deuce but Daniela holds.

1-1 - Safarova holds to 30.

1-2 - Safarova breaks to 15. Safarova has been playing well and she'd dictated a lot of rallies.

1-3 - Safarova holds to 30 and she is playing awfully well right now. Daniela has to mix things up and try to break Safarova's rhythm.

1-4 - Safarova breaks to 30. Daniela has to keep fighting.

1-5 - Safarova holds to 15. Daniela looks forlorn right now.

1-6 - Safarova hit an amazing winner on MP but Daniela had 3 GPs. Ugh, that was a depressing set.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 5. February 2011 15:22 

Local Time:
|23. June 2024| 05:23
Common daniela. You can still turn this around!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 5. February 2011 15:51 

Local Time:
Safarova was outstanding-35 winners to 15 UE. Dazzling performance from her,unfortunately. :(

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 5. February 2011 15:59 

Local Time:
I missed the start of the match but in the first set Daniela was serving well and winning a lot of points on serve but Safarova's groundstrokes were very good and she was rallying well and the first set was very close and Daniela was playing well and competing well.

The decisive moment in the match was the net cord at 5-4 which would have given Daniela 2 set points, but it went Safarova's way and Safarova was able to hold on in a close game. After that it just seemed like Daniela's confidence went as her level went down whereas Safarova had a surge of confidence and in the second set she was dictating the rallies, putting the ball deep to the baseline and pinning Daniela back and she was hitting winners all over the place while Daniela's serve lacked the penetration it had in the first set and she was on the back foot a lot in the second set. Credit to Safarova as she played exceptionally well but Daniela's level fell away and that's a bit of a worry. Safarova wouldn't have been able to dictate to the extent she did against an in-form and confident Daniela.

Hopefully Cibulkova can do something against Kvitova otherwise things will be grim for Slovakia.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 5. February 2011 15:59 

Local Time:
:?

Kvitova will bomb her out :O :(

Shes changing those rackets again...

Everything in life happens for a reason

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 5. February 2011 16:49 

Local Time:
|23. June 2024| 00:23
Maybe Kvitova has an off couple of days and the girls can take her? Danka needs a match win this year :oops:

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 5. February 2011 18:15 

Local Time:
Kvitova beat Dominika 6-2 6-3. I didn't see the match but the stats indicate that Kvitova bossed the match. Won 71% of her service points, 28 winners compared with 8 to Cibulkova and the UE count was about equal with 30 for Kvitova and 27 for Cibulkova.

Hopefully Daniela can at least be competitive tomorrow and Slovakia can get something out of the tie.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 5. February 2011 19:05 

Local Time:
Hantuchova: Lucie deserved to win

Daniela Hantuchova (Slovak tennis player): "In the first act, I relied on the service that I received from a number of unpleasant situation, but in the second I do not go longer.
Pity, because I went into the match with a desire to win, but today it definitely deserved rival."

"At first I sete the state had chances at 5-3 súperkinom administration, unfortunately it did not work. In the second set already dominated Lucy and I played too cautiously. In the first act, I relied on the service that I received from a number of unpleasant situation, but in the second I do not go longer. Pity, because I went into the match with a desire to win, but today it definitely deserved rival," said Daniela Hantuchova, who was in the match had to cope with active play Czech representative. "In particular, in its submission to dictate the pace of the game, it was stirred very well and I never knew where to place their service. Forehand played particularly great in motion, turns into cross played fantastically. It was a style of play, which does not satisfy me completely, on the court is usually dominated by me, but today I felt that I was still only defend."

Friday from 24-year Safarova, 30 in the WTA world rankings, is revanšovala Hantuchova (32) for the failure of 1:6, 3:6 of the 2007 season in Stuttgart and took the lead over rival by 2:1. Tomas Berdych's girlfriend recalled its triumph 7-6 (1), 4:6, 6:3 at home the previous measurement Bratislava Fed forces of these countries in April 2007. Finally, when Czechs won 5-0 in 2008 in Brno have the upper hand in the third match against Slovakian, although only just 3:2. "To tell the truth I did not think at all, I went on court with the fact that I want to win. Tomorrow I am expecting even more difficult struggle, we must choose good tactics and a lot will depend on my return. I believe that also achieve the brejkbalovým some situations," had to hear 27-year-old native of Poprad.

Hantuchova was to exercise longer feel loss because of injury, it is a fiver but former world rankings did not want to make excuses: "The absence of-game experience certainly does not help, but I have to deal with it. Always takes me a while, until the injury fully back. I'm not the kind of like Kim Clijsters, who after a year without winning tennis tournament."

Daniela Hantuchova is already embarking on the match against Lucie Safarova at home derby weekend Bratislava Slovakia - Slovak CR has become an absolute rekordérkou in this competition in all most watched statistics. Hantuchova is now giving thought its 10th anniversary year in the Fed Cup with at least one match on the account (absent in 2004, 2005 and 2008), thus the national order of deflecting from the current leadership team Henrieta Nagyova - yet they account for two 9 "active" years. At the same time overcome Janette Husarova by joined by 22 Match Sloveniek - mentioned deblová WTA Tour world champion competed in 21 meetings. In addition, Hantuchova was pushed to the Karine-Cílekovú Habsudova in the number of individual performances. Both of them are currently 40 and will normally be a former world fiver after the weekend will lead at least one, since it would still be completed on Sunday after the singles and doubles. "I wish that I could reach 30th victory, perhaps I can do it on Sunday. It would be nice to at least the following to correct the impression," concluded D. Hantuchova.
@ google translation.

"The first set was balanced, I had a few chances there, but I have not done so. I knew I rely on my service. Lucka played a great match from first to last ball. Had no weak moment at which I expected, and deservedly won. It there piglet, which, if not, I could have two setbaly. Such is tennis, I do not want to make excuses. Maybe I should try to play more aggressively and come up with something. has been demonstrated to play but Lucy deserved win. It is a very talented player, which I've always said that should be in top ten. Maybe she's about to succeed, because it has great potential," said Hantuchova pozápasovej at a news conference.

"I must say that it was a very balanced match, we both served well. It was important that I managed to get the first set, which I am very encouraged. She I maintain concentration, the second set I have managed very well. I am happy that I won and won for us the first point," said Safarova, who said: "Daniela anything not surprise me today. very well know each other, I knew what to expect and she was the same. The atmosphere was great, I am pleasantly pleased with the presence of Czech fans."
@ google translation.

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 6. February 2011 12:35 

Local Time:
  Profile WWW

blue webmaster
PostPosted: 6. February 2011 12:47 

Local Time:
Danka lost the first set 4-6 :(

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 6. February 2011 13:57 

Local Time:
A disastrous weekend. Slovakia went down without even winning a set. :(

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 6. February 2011 15:36 

Local Time:
I suppose that result was to have been expected given Kvitova's and Daniela's form this year but it's still depressing.

- audio interview with Daniela & Kvitova.

- talking about the match in Slovak.

"Wind is on my part, although it was better than yesterday, but Petra is a brutal form. I had the best chances in the beginning of the second set. Instead of 0:3 if it could still be 2:1, but then I was a little left. There was determination and tactics, but I could carry it on the court. At the moment I lack confidence, the more times I panicked. When you draw up the chance, I can too. I have to deal with it but - I hope this will change soon," said Daniel Hantuchova in the first response on the court and later added: "The Czechs have confirmed that they have been favorite in this match. deservedly gained all three points, played great tennis. It is seen that there are many things that I personally have to work. against the five I played better, although this result is no evidence. If two or three balls at the beginning of the second set fared differently, perhaps with the match could still do something. Peter, however, dominated the match throughout and is only a matter of time in the top ten. Tennis currently I'm definitely not where I imagined. Czechs have a team that can win the Fed Cup."
@ google translation.

"Kvitová is probably the best start to the season from all players', but we went into the Fed Cup team, it will be different than in tournaments. In this report, have the Czechs to win the competition. Too bad that I missed the second chance sete could be 2:1 instead of 0:3 for me. Then I cleared it, but own mistakes I've lost it," said Hantuchova.

"Peter played fearlessly, Representative of a typical new generation, I think that will soon be in the Top Ten. They played with great confidence, which was due to the fact that this year won a lot of matches. For long dominated exchanges, was almost always one step ahead," Hantuchova evaluated.

The trend is clear. Wins power strokes
When she was now 27-year-old Hantuchova Kvitová than 20 years, featured on the fifth step ladder.

"Then played more technically, rival each other like" vyšachovať. Now playing strong, hard and force a few balls, because the field is well balanced, because a lot of the players' is able to perform such a game," offered a comparison of their games and Kvitova Hantuchova.

On the weekend marked by Overheating sees no profit set at least nejakeé positive.

"The benefit for me at least that I could test site for health after Achilles tendon injuries. Noha I survived, I can play hard and hope that this is only a matter of time when I get to the welfare and aspirate sebavedmie" concluded Hantuchova.
@ google translation.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 6. February 2011 18:32 

Local Time:
Thanks for the interviews. It seems daniela has to change her game to fit today's elite. Personally I always think it's been about power. So not sure why daniela is only just realising it. Anyway she has quite a good draw next week in pattaya opening against Nara of Japan and then either date krumm or voracova in 2nd round and zheng the seeded player in her quarter. Hopefully she can win a few matches to like she says give her some confidence.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next