Roland Garros Women's Legends        Daniela/ Francesca Schiavone bt Lucie Safarova/ Nathalie Tauziat 6-2 6-3        Mixed Legends: Daniela/Guy Forget bt Francesca Schiavone/Mansour Bahrami 4-6 6-3 10-4        Mixed Legends: Tatiana Golovin/Sebastien Grosjean bt Daniela/Cedric Pioline 4-6 6-2 12-10        Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 227 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Career Grand Slam
 Post subject: Re: The Championships, Wimbledon
PostPosted: 24. June 2010 23:06 

Local Time:
|26. June 2024| 03:58
Disheartening loss for sure. Having not seen the match, there's not a whole lot more to say.

On another note, I would recommend Daniela play one of the six small tournaments between now and the US Open Series. She is on pace to play a really small number of matches, by her standards, this year considering the lack of doubles matches and only middling singles success. She would be one of the top seeded players in any of the tournaments and would stand a real chance of going far and getting some important match time in a low pressure environment. Otherwise, it is going to be over a month before she plays again. :(

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 24. June 2010 23:28 

Local Time:
|26. June 2024| 10:58
Having not seen the match, there's not a whole lot more to say. Trust me,it was a good match to miss. :(

I'll repost something I just said at tennisforum to this "fan" who is clamoring daniela should just retire, that she is pathetic, hasn't done better this year and can't improve a thing. The sad thing is,factually he is correct-Daniela will probably end the year ranked lower than when she started. It is frustrating to see the same old mistakes over and over again-today was another example of her level dropping markedly after a stupid spat with the umpire. You're going to have to put up with the fact that some fans are going to lose hope-let's face it I always overreact when she puts in a poor performance,and she was awful today,on her favourite surface to boot.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 24. June 2010 23:32 

Local Time:
|26. June 2024| 09:58
I'll repost something I just said at tennisforum to this "fan" who is clamoring daniela should just retire, that she is pathetic, hasn't done better this year and can't improve a thing.
I usually prefer not to respond to this kind of hate, but it really pissed me off. Because as annoyed as I am at today's loss, those comments about her got to me:

I'm sorry, but her ranking going down does not mean anything. It basically tells us that the competition is more fierce every year. However, I believe this year daniela has been playing well on a more consisten basis.

Look at the players in the 10-25 braket: Sharapova, Henin, Li, Zvonareva, Bartoli, Penneta, Petrova, Rezai, Peer, Sveta. This list is frightenly good! Players who are either going up the rakings, have been consistent enough, or have just recently fallen off the top 10. Daniela could be there but hasn't had that final push. She has lacked the consistency at some points, or has been unlucky another couple of times.

She lost to Barbora, and yes, daniela had a lot to do with it (she couldn't come up with the correct strategy), but no shame to this girl, she played her game at her best, she wasn't gifted a match: retrieving every single ball, dropshots and slices that daniela couldn't handle, coming up to volley.

If you really believe that daniela can't improve anything, then ok, it is your opinion. But don't come blasting about how pathetic she is and how she should be done with tennis, it is just disrespectful and extremist.

I guess you don't get why she plays: she loves the sport, she has passion, she has talent. Sadly hasn't had the consistency nor the strong mentality tennis demands to be on top all the time. However, she knows how to get there and Im sure she'll give everything she has to achieve it once again... Whether it happens or not, remains to be seen. I just know I'll be along for the ride and support her until she finds a new passion.

Well said Helio, and well said Chungwit also. There are too many people who jump on the bandwagon when Daniela loses, but when your a true fan you stick with them no matter what, and I can tell you that every true fan on this forum will tell you without any doubt that they know what they signed up for becoming a fan of Daniela...a bumpy ride. This isnt a new thing to us but we're still here, 10 years on, so why quit on her now?

Scott

http://www.facebook.com/scotthatley1987
http://twitter.com/scotthatley87

Profile WWW

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 25. June 2010 01:04 

Local Time:
Poor Daniela she must be so frustrated...

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 25. June 2010 01:28 

Local Time:
Poor Daniela she must be so frustrated...
Im worry about her, too :?

Hope she will pull herself together, like I said earlier.

I would like to see her to take a lesson from her matches. But its easy to say... :/

There is still a hard court rest of the season, where she can do something! :)

And Im looking forward to next season even more! She will be so excited to come back to AO, RG and all of the slams trying to be better again :) And not to forget the Fed Cup, where she always enjoys playing. She said she would like to play Fed Cup final once again :) Maybe the wish will be fulfilled :D

Everything in life happens for a reason

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 25. June 2010 03:10 

Local Time:

my translation of Danielas words after the match:

"I will surely have to win these kind of matches, If I want to think about bigger success at grand slams. I will be tough to myself this time. I messed that very much. I had a feeling that at score 4:4 Im turning around the match, but I messed a return after the 2nd serve and then it was all going wrong. Everything was about me today. I started very good, being aggressive, I didnt let her do anything. But I got broken at the start of the 2nd set and I started playing very carefuly. I stopped moving and it all went wrong way. I was fighting, there were chances in the last game, too, but I made errors, which you must not make. The opponent was moving very well, she surprised me how well she was serving. She had a very good 2nd serve, too."

So hope she will take a lesson from this one indeed ;)

sorry for my English :)

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 25. June 2010 06:56 

Local Time:
|26. June 2024| 05:58
Marek, thanks again for your great translations :) It is really helpful.

Daniela will be just fin, Im sure. I hope they can win their doubles match. It seems she wasnt playing very well, or so I read.

ps: sorry about the misspell, I was sleepy

Last edited by Helio on 25. June 2010 15:41, edited 1 time in total.

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 25. June 2010 13:00 

Local Time:
|26. June 2024| 03:58
Marek posts
my translation of Danielas words after the match:

"I will surely have to win these kind of matches, If I want to think about bigger success at grand slams. I will be tough to myself this time. I messed that very much. I had a feeling that at score 4:4 Im turning around the match, but I messed a return after the 2nd serve and then it was all going wrong. Everything was about me today. I started very good, being aggressive, I didnt let her do anything. But I got broken at the start of the 2nd set and I started playing very carefuly. I stopped moving and it all went wrong way. I was fighting, there were chances in the last game, too, but I made errors, which you must not make. The opponent was moving very well, she surprised me how well she was serving. She had a very good 2nd serve, too."

So hope she will take a lesson from this one indeed
-------------------
It is good to hear Daniela speak of missed opportunities and the need to win these matches for "bigger success". Its just so hard to wait for the next opportunity.

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 25. June 2010 13:03 

Local Time:
I think it's time for Daniela to reassess her career and set some different goals. She keeps talking about getting back into the Top 10, and I'm sure deep down she still believes she can win a Grand Slam. These things are NEVER going to happen, but that doesn't mean she should just give up and retire. She can still have a very nice career for another 2 or 3 years, be succesful at doubles, if she hooks up with a good partner, and maybe play an occasional 4th round at a Slam. Daniela puts to much pressure on herself by having unrealistic expectations.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 25. June 2010 13:30 

Local Time:
Im still looking forward to rest of the season. Hard court is her bes surface, so we may have some success to come :)

Remember this year Miami, where she didt play so well in the past...

Its all about her, when she believe in herself, she can do it :)

So good luck!

Meantime have some fun in doubles at Wimbledon at least :)

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 25. June 2010 14:22 

Local Time:
Malek, thanks again for your great translations :) It is really helpful.

Daniela will be just fin, Im sure. I hope they can win their doubles match. It seems she wasnt playing very well, or so I read.
np.

Yes, she wasnt satisfied with herself...

won doubles 6-2 2-6 6-2

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 25. June 2010 21:51 

Local Time:
Order of Play, Saturday, 26 June:

Court 12

12:00
Gentlemen's Singles - 3rd Round
Jeremy Chardy(FRA) vs. David Ferrer(ESP)[9]

Ladies' Singles - 3rd Round
Flavia Pennetta(ITA)[10] vs. Klara Zakopalova(CZE)

Ladies' Singles - 3rd Round
Alexandra Dulgheru(ROU)[31] vs. Kaia Kanepi(EST)

Ladies' Doubles
Cara Black(ZIM)[11] /
Daniela Hantuchova(SVK)[11
vs. ]Sania Mirza(IND) /
Caroline Wozniacki(DEN)

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 25. June 2010 21:53 

Local Time:
Thanks very much for the translation, Marek, and very well said, Helio.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 26. June 2010 06:54 

Local Time:
|26. June 2024| 19:58
I've been super bust so tennis has been the last thing on my mind recently.

Disappointing loss... Daniela usually finds a way in the earlier rounds of the Slams. It would have been an uphill battle for the remainder of the tournament regardless, but it would have been nice to see Daniela square off against Sharapova at the very least.

It's discouraging that Daniela will continue to lose ranking points, because it's going to make it harder and harder for her to have deeper runs in tournaments when she's encountering top players in the earlier rounds. But as long as she stays positive i'm confident we'll see her being competitive over the American hard court season. She's come back from much worse defeats in the past so i'd expect nothing less this time.

She's got tough opponents in the next round (for doubles) so hopefully a win there will boost her confidence a bit. Good play on the doubles court has usually transitioned into her singles game so perhaps it's what Dani sorely needs.

As for the smaller tournaments, i'd be surprised if we saw Daniela make an appearance. Despite playing less in recent seasons she seems to have a constant barrage of niggling injuries and often blames fatigue for poor performances. You never know though.

"Talent is one step away from being lazy" -- Daniela Hantuchova

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 26. June 2010 17:27 

Local Time:
Maria has just beaten Zahlavova... but had some problems. I must say that Zahlavova was serving even better in match with Daniela :/

But Maria was able to hang in finaly even if she didnt convert many of BP.

I dont like how those czech players are successful :/ :roll:

Has beaten Daniela, Azarenka, Pennetta :/

There will be a tough Fed cup, if they can keep that level :roll:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 227 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next