Daniela is a pundit at Wimbledon for Amazon Deutschland        Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 134 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Career Grand Slam
 Post subject: Re: Roland Garros, Paris
PostPosted: 26. May 2009 16:04 

Local Time:
|30. June 2024| 11:23
deuce... razzano's FH way to powerful. 3-5... daniela serving to stay in the match. Not a good thing

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 26. May 2009 16:08 

Local Time:
|30. June 2024| 15:23
5-3 Razzano. Hold here Daniela, Razzano can get nervous.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 26. May 2009 16:09 

Local Time:
2MP...
Danka out... 6-3,6-3 Razzano...
Pretty obvious what happened. Danka lacked in every department. Props to Virgine, she held in there, blasted FH winners and dictated most of the points.

Both had terrible and vulnerable service games, daniela being far worse, as the result shows... she held only once, I think.

Last edited by Helio on 26. May 2009 16:14, edited 1 time in total.

Site Admin
PostPosted: 26. May 2009 16:14 

Local Time:
|30. June 2024| 16:23
Razzano takes the ball very early, Daniela was instantly under pressure and we know she can't defend. Her serve lacked placement, maybe she didn't want to go for too much, knowing that going over 2nd serves would do her no good. It didn't matter in the end. Now she should be happy that claycourt season is over.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 26. May 2009 16:20 

Local Time:
Razzano takes the ball very early, Daniela was instantly under pressure and we know she can't defend. Her serve lacked placement, maybe she didn't want to go for too much, knowing that going over 2nd serves would do her no good. It didn't matter in the end. Now she should be happy that claycourt season is over.

Do you think her game can hold in the coming grass season?... I guess, like you say, Virgine is a bad match up, but danka seemed so lost out there today. And it was clay... but dunno, if danka faces another Razzano in a faster court, shouldnt we expect the same result?

Also, what can we make up now about her collaboration with Passos? She was to a good start, in Fed Cup and the following tournaments, but I dont know anymore...

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 26. May 2009 16:36 

Local Time:
|30. June 2024| 15:23
This sucks, bollocks.

I actually felt Daniela had a chance, although I based that more on Razzano's modest form since Dubai and at Roland Garros in recent years, but it was not to be. From what martin and helio said, her groundstrokes were very solid and really gave Daniela problems.
I don't remember the details offhand, but if Zvonareva had withdrawn earlier Daniela would have had O'Brien, right? Damn you, Vera!

There is still the doubles, and hopefully Daniela and AI can go one better than 2006.

Oh well, between now and the US open there's only Wimbledon 2nd round and New Haven to defend and Daniela didn't lose any points. It's her first setback since Miami but the momentum is still positive and she has a good coach to help her. Losing in the first round is disappointing but Razzano is a good player that gives Daniela problems so it's not like she lost to someone terrible or that she should never lose to.
Hopefully Daniela can write this off, go on a good run in the doubles and go into the grass and hardcourt season with some confidence.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 26. May 2009 16:40 

Local Time:
Such a shame...poor danka...if she had just won a few rounds here it would have done wonders for her confidence instead the reverse...won't forgive zvonareva for this - she knew she was injured... daniela pulled out just before the draw last year - shows daniela's got class unlike zvonareva...

Site Admin
PostPosted: 26. May 2009 19:13 

Local Time:
crap. But kind of expected unfortunately. And without a decent serve, not much hope. oh well, this will make her title at Wimbledon not much sweeter

oh, and don't blame Danka's loss on Vera. I don't understand why Vera withdrew that late, but as a player, you have to face whoever the random draw presents you with. Only Daniela (and Razzano) can be blamed for Daniela losing in the first round

Profile WWW

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 26. May 2009 19:28 

Local Time:
And without a decent serve, not much hope. I've just watched the match,and believe it or not,I don't think the serve is the issue. Her first serve was pretty decent,particularly out wide to the BH. If she serves her first serve like that on grass,she should do well.

The problems lay elsewhere. Movement was absolutely wretched(wasn't she supposed to be working on this? Buggered if i can see any improvement),and her BH simply sucked today. So many bad errors,and when she got it in it was short and gave Razzano a chance to unleash with the groundstrokes. And of course,she played the big points badly,she had game points on the first 4 service games,but gave them away with unforced errors. A botched drop shot in her first service game was ,I feel, particularly costly. And she conceded the crucial break in the first set with an egregiously bad BH volley.

Hate to say it but there were more negative vibes between Daniela and her coach today. Hopefully its just teething problems.

All credit to Razzano who did play well today. :|

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 26. May 2009 19:36 

Local Time:
|30. June 2024| 17:23
It is disappointing but what can we do. Hope she will improve her bad parts and have a better game next time. But losing in the 1st round whoever you play with can really get you down:(

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 26. May 2009 19:38 

Local Time:
|30. June 2024| 14:23
Point 1: Daniela's 2nd serve . It's unacceptable to win 1 out of 19 1st serves , she really needs to train her 2nd serve if she keeps up like this .
Point 2: How can a player hit 78% of her 1st serves and still face 21 BP ? :| It's utterly strange .
Point 3: Razzano hit 31 winners to 14 UE against the 18 - 22 of Daniela . Seems like Daniela's game wasn't THAT BAD but Razzano was far superior today .

Now , about her ranks .. With a bit of luck she can climb like 1 or 2 places and most likely be seeded for Wimbledon . With the RG points of yesterday she's nr 29 but Razzano passed her today so at the best she'll be nr 30 in the next ranks . I predict a 33rd , 34th place .

hellene fan
PostPosted: 26. May 2009 20:06 

Local Time:
lost fairly,bad match from danka
artur the answer in your point 2 is in benjis post
i am very depressed :cry:

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 26. May 2009 20:07 

Local Time:
Hate to say it but there were more negative vibes between Daniela and her coach today. Hopefully its just teething problems.

Really? Didnt pay much attention, perhaps. What did you see? Hope they dont have problems, its enough to have to deal with troubles in the game department. The coach and the player are supposed to be a team...

I do think her 1st serve was a crucial side of the match. You'd think that having 1st serves in would help danka get control of the rally, but no. She only used her wide out placement on several ocassions, and it worked. But most of the times, her serve didnt do a thing against Virgine, who'd just blast it away like it was a 2nd serve... and the 2nd serve, oh well, we all know that story :roll:

On the other hand, we should be aware of danka's LUCK on drawing players that happen to get inspired when facing her. Razzano was a winners machine today, and remember Anna-Lena? :|

Daniela, I really hope you sort out your issues for the grass courts...

Site Admin
PostPosted: 26. May 2009 21:23 

Local Time:
Just watched the 1st set which I didn't see live. How could Daniela miss that dropshot when she was 40-30 in the 2nd game? She was about 4 meters from the net. Ridiculous error at crucial moment. She surely placed her serve closer to sidelines in the 1st set, Razzano also wasn't full of confidence then and didn't risk as much on ROS. It seems that first half of the opening set was decisive. Razzano after two rebreaks gained a lot of confidence, started going for her shots and during most rallies forced Daniela into defense. Wind and crowd also played against Daniela and she was unable to step it up in the 2nd set.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 26. May 2009 21:38 

Local Time:
Just watched the 1st set which I didn't see live. How could Daniela miss that dropshot when she was 40-30 in the 2nd game? That was the match,right there. She consolidates the break and it's a whole different ballgame.Really? Didnt pay much attention, perhaps. What did you see? Hope they dont have problems, its enough to have to deal with troubles in the game department. The coach and the player are supposed to be a team... It seemed everytime she made an UE,she would gesticulate towards Larri in a complaining manner. I don't really blame her in this instance . The gameplan she was using at the start looked wholly inadequate-she was serving into the FH wing all the time and getting burnt,and she elected to get involved in a lot of cross-court FH exchanges which she lost. Larri seems to have badly underestimated how good Razzano's FH is. :|

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 134 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next