Roland Garros Women's Legends        Daniela/ Francesca Schiavone bt Lucie Safarova/ Nathalie Tauziat 6-2 6-3        Mixed Legends: Daniela/Guy Forget bt Francesca Schiavone/Mansour Bahrami 4-6 6-3 10-4        Mixed Legends: Tatiana Golovin/Sebastien Grosjean bt Daniela/Cedric Pioline 4-6 6-2 12-10        Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 142 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Career Grand Slam
 Post subject: Re: Sony Ericsson Open, Miami
PostPosted: 27. March 2009 21:18 

Local Time:
|16. June 2024| 01:53
I'm just despondent really :(

There appears to be no end in sight :dunno:

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 27. March 2009 21:40 

Local Time:
|16. June 2024| 00:53
I definately don't think she should retire. But Chakvetadze is a player I really do not like and I don't like to see Daniela lose to her in this manner.
All I can say is if Chakvetadze played as she has done so many times over the past year or so then Daniela's tennis must have been atrocious.

Site Admin
PostPosted: 27. March 2009 21:50 

Local Time:
Miami :lol:

just continue to support Daniela regardless of her results and hope she will turn this bad patch of her career around, nothing more you can do. ;)

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 27. March 2009 22:40 

Local Time:
just continue to support Daniela regardless of her results and hope she will turn this bad patch of her career around, nothing more you can do. Well said.

I wonder what happens to her coaching situation now? She was working with Thomas Hogstedt up until this tournament,and while I'd like to see Daniela persevere with him,objectively speaking the results haven't improved,and from what little I've seen the performances haven't either :dunno: Besides if anyone knows how to mutilate their own career,it's Daniela :roll:

Site Admin
PostPosted: 27. March 2009 22:47 

Local Time:
Not everyone will be in the top 10, as a matter of fact I think only 10 can be in the top ten at once.

are you sure? Serena said earlier this week that there's 12 russians in the top10. I know for a fact that's there's 2 American's as well, so the top 10 seems really packed :D

just continue to support Daniela regardless of her results and hope she will turn this bad patch of her career around, nothing more you can do.

true. Also when players go through rough times, they need their support camp the most. In times like these, there's no band-wagon jumpers or new fans. Just the core base

Profile WWW

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 27. March 2009 23:25 

Local Time:
just continue to support Daniela regardless of her results and hope she will turn this bad patch of her career around, nothing more you can do. ;)

:good:

RIGHT. We are just continue to support DANI at all times.

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 27. March 2009 23:39 

Local Time:
|15. June 2024| 18:53
Sail8 wrote:
Not everyone will be in the top 10, as a matter of fact I think only 10 can be in the top ten at once.

Chrisina wrote:
are you sure? Serena said earlier this week that there's 12 russians in the top10. I know for a fact that's there's 2 American's as well, so the top 10 seems really packed

I stand corrected. If a Williams sister counts 12 in the Top 10 then that must be the way it is!
:lol:

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 28. March 2009 00:32 

Local Time:
|15. June 2024| 18:53
Atrocious. Dreadful. Terrible. Ghastly. Couldn't wait for it to end.

All those mean things that Simon Cowell says to people on American Idol apply here. I consider myself a fan of Chakvetadze and I don't think it's obvious how poorly she has played for some time now. Anna had lost 12 out of her last 18 matches and hadn't beaten a top 50 player since October. She even had three losses outside the top sixty during that span, which is a level Daniela had yet to sink to. I actually would have given Daniela 2-1 odds to win today, given the form of both ladies. Still I kidded myself, if any two players could find a way to play each other and both lose, it would be Daniela and Anna. Aside from that happening, this was the worst possible outcome where one of them completed self-destructed. I'd like to think that Anna played pretty well, but at that, there's no excuse for how poorly Daniela performed. The fact that she does poorly in Miami has always struck me as bunk, because she should do as well here as she does on any similar hardcourt surface. She seems to have placed a mental block around herself when she plays Miami for no good reason. Unless she is injured (there's no indication she is, but it would explain a lot), all the physical tools that got her to the top ten are still there. It's all technical and mental; sadly, it's probably more the latter than the former at this point.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 28. March 2009 00:56 

Local Time:
God, this hurts. This is a result I just did not envisage at all and it's kind of shocking and numbing. It was a match that I was really hoping she'd win as it would give her confidence to beat someone ranked higher than her and she could take decent runs from Indian Wells and Miami into the clay season. A loss like this has to hurt her and right now it's difficult to see her doing too much on clay, especially as she'll get tough draws with her ranking. Still, every win she gets over the next few months gains her points.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like over the past year whenever Daniela's played someone in bad form they always seem to play their best for a long, long time against her: Sprem, Groenefeld, Errani, Bammer and now Chakvetadze.

It's Miami and Daniela's never done well there so this is the sort of thing that would happen.

I just wonder what effect the doubles loss yesterday had on Daniela because I feel if she'd won that she probably would have done better and she doesn't even have a run in the doubles to console her. I felt in January that doubles would help her with singles like it did in 05 and 06, but it seems the opposite is happening.

Like Martin and Christina say, we just have to support Daniela and hope she turns her form around. She's had bad crises and tough losses in the past and come through them. Daniela did get a win here and at least got some points and she only has Wimbledon 2nd round and New Haven to defend between now and the US Open and we know that she has to start playing well sometime. Daniela has too much talent, determination and ambition to be held down and she'll keep fighting and keep trying and she'll come through this. I don't know when but I know she will and we've got to be patient and do what we can to give her support and encouragement.

Oh well, always look on the bright side:

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 28. March 2009 02:57 

Local Time:
|16. June 2024| 10:53
What an entirely disappointing result. This feels really similar to the loss against Bammer (and the ones to Cornet), except there's something more annoying about it. Every time Daniela has an opportunity to win against someone we would all consider a decent player (and herald a possible return to some good form), she either falls away or doesn't bring her A-game to the court. I was genuinely expecting a win (a sensation i've felt a couple times this season), and it's just so disappointing to take absolutely nothing away from the match. I can't imagine she was very competitive given the score line, which is why this loss stings so much.

The losses to Cornet were tolerable because she took a set away from Alize and just seemed to be unable to maintain her good (sometimes terrific) play. But these losses to Bammer and Chaka... she just never seemed in contention. She seemed outclassed.

Oh well, she never plays well at this tournament, so i guess that serves as some form of consolation.

Onto the clay season...

As a side note. I found some the comments from people really disheartening. I dunno how you can call yourself a fan when you say stuff like you want Daniela to "retire". She's going through a rough patch and hasn't given us much to cheer about lately, but that's no reason to vent your feelings in that fashion. I know it's easy for me view the scores a couple of hours later (i didn't actually know what time the game was) and criticise things people said in the heat of the moment. But as far as i'm concerned saying Daniela should "retire" is just taking things too far.

"Talent is one step away from being lazy" -- Daniela Hantuchova

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 28. March 2009 04:33 

Local Time:
|16. June 2024| 10:53
:o :shock: :( :cry:

I'm gobsmacked with that result. I didn't think Daniela was playing THAT bad to lose to Chakvetadze with that score. Who knows though? Maybe Anna decided to pick up her play now. Aside from her losses to Cornet, I agree with Chungwit in that all of Daniela's losses this year seems to be against an average player who ends up having a good run in the tournament - Errani (SF Brisbane); Razzano (F Dubai); Bammer (QF IW), etc.

Just cos she hasn't been winning much, Daniela should certainly NOT even consider retirement. Daniela's not a quitter! She's got too much game and class to fizzle out! And she can achieve sooo much more still.

This rough patch though seems to keep extending. Hopefully things turn around now that she has virtually NO POINTS to defend for quite a few months!

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 28. March 2009 11:26 

Local Time:
|16. June 2024| 07:53
Oh poor Daniela. I know this news (Her loss) from the local newspaper.
It's very harsh actually.

I support Daniela even if she ranked out of Top 100. ;)

True Fans is indeed a True Fans

We are the main supporter of Daniela Hantuchova in this cyber world.

Life Is Tense When Daniela Hantuchova is The Main Hot Stuff Of Our Life.
Hahahahaha

Hey guys! Visit my blog if you have some times to spend okay!

Profile YIM

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 28. March 2009 11:34 

Local Time:
|16. June 2024| 07:53
Also, when we are talking about fans, I think Daniela going to lost some of the SWING fans.

But, WE, the loyal fans will stick with her despite all of her disappointing result.

Anyway, I'm not agree at all for Daniela to retire. She can make money with this so she better goes on until she feel boring with tennis.

Life Is Tense When Daniela Hantuchova is The Main Hot Stuff Of Our Life.
Hahahahaha

Hey guys! Visit my blog if you have some times to spend okay!

Profile YIM

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 28. March 2009 13:36 

Local Time:
As a side note. I found some the comments from people really disheartening. I dunno how you can call yourself a fan when you say stuff like you want Daniela to "retire". She's going through a rough patch and hasn't given us much to cheer about lately, but that's no reason to vent your feelings in that fashion. I know it's easy for me view the scores a couple of hours later (i didn't actually know what time the game was) and criticise things people said in the heat of the moment. But as far as i'm concerned saying Daniela should "retire" is just taking things too far.

I totally agree with you. I just can't believe people (or "fans") saying Daniela should retire. I just hope that that have been feelings right after the match and out of the disappointment.
Otherwise I think that isn't the right place for them to discuss about Daniela.

Of course this is a hard time at the moment and the results are really disappointing. But you have to think of Daniela too. I don't think she plays like this intentionally. So we also have to be patient and hope for some better times.

Daniela H A N T U C H O V A
Rafael N A D A L

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 28. March 2009 15:34 

Local Time:
i admit my comments about daniela having a break from tennis was in response to watching the scoreboard-hey at least i watched the scoreboard, but it was an initial reaction so i apologise. But i think she should not play a tourney until charleston.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 142 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next