Roland Garros Women's Legends        Daniela/ Francesca Schiavone bt Lucie Safarova/ Nathalie Tauziat 6-2 6-3        Mixed Legends: Daniela/Guy Forget bt Francesca Schiavone/Mansour Bahrami 4-6 6-3 10-4        Mixed Legends: Tatiana Golovin/Sebastien Grosjean bt Daniela/Cedric Pioline 4-6 6-2 12-10        Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 674 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 45  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: Australian Open, Melbourne
PostPosted: 21. January 2009 11:06 

Local Time:
|16. June 2024| 09:20
When i woke up this morning and looked at the score, looked at the stats, I thought oh god another nail biter swinging back and forth but after reading some of your posts on here immedietly after the match it sounds like a lot of positives can be taken from this match. Alize Cornet though will be a completely different kettle of fish and despite the positives personally I think Daniela, by the sounds of things, will need to improve further to make the 4th round

Scott

http://www.facebook.com/scotthatley1987
http://twitter.com/scotthatley87

Profile WWW

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 21. January 2009 11:24 

Local Time:
|16. June 2024| 17:20
Thanks to channelsurfing first!...
I think Danka played a good game today....nice wins..
Still lots of UE..thats the problem....
so happy she won!....
Go Danka!...

mOnmOn

Profile YIM

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 21. January 2009 14:01 

Local Time:
|16. June 2024| 11:20
The most important thing is she's just won. I think she's still improving her game here in Australia. With every next match her shape is gonna be better and better I guess. Hope to see her playing pretty good match next round as I will be probably able to watch;) fingers crossed:P

hellene fan
PostPosted: 21. January 2009 14:57 

Local Time:
|16. June 2024| 10:20
surely its early,but seems to me portas is doing good job
is playing better from what all here ,i quess,we were expecting
winable match against cornet

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 21. January 2009 15:29 

Local Time:
God bless the Eurosport player after I overslept and missed the live action! I was very encouraged by what I saw today,although Daniela has to work on not being thrown by bad calls-which lead to two breaks of serve in the second set. The game to break back in the first set and the game to consolidate the break in the third set were as good as I've seen Daniela play in a long time,and over 20 FH winners is a great achievement considering how badly that stroke was misfiring at the end of last season.

Not sure why so many are complaining about the serve-there is clearly some added punch and the second serve kicker has rediscovered some of its bite.

Loved the closeup of Daniela at the end of the second set-she seemed to be practising Zen meditation!

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 21. January 2009 20:00 

Local Time:
When i woke up this morning and looked at the score, looked at the stats, I thought oh god another nail biter swinging back and forth but after reading some of your posts on here immedietly after the match it sounds like a lot of positives can be taken from this match. Alize Cornet though will be a completely different kettle of fish and despite the positives personally I think Daniela, by the sounds of things, will need to improve further to make the 4th round

Scott

The same I thought when seeing the result in the morning. I'm so glad that she won that match. But now against Cornet will be very difficult I think.
At least another win would be so important when thinking of the ranking.
Hope for a another good performance in doubles tomorrow, so she gets some more confidence.

Daniela H A N T U C H O V A
Rafael N A D A L

banned
PostPosted: 22. January 2009 01:32 

Local Time:
|16. June 2024| 19:20
surely its early,but seems to me portas is doing good job
is playing better from what all here ,i quess,we were expecting
winable match against cornet

Playing "better", I guess. It still remains to be seen. What coaching has to do with this?? Her returns are good (both opponents served slower than she did), her dropshots are not real good -- no,no they are quite worse. That could be pressure. I'm not seeing the aggresive approaches to the net, point control, ect.

Most of what has pulled her through is her experience. She knows how to use her serves. She is not letting pressure affect her game. She stays out of the traps that less experienced players fall into. She rallies. She is fit. There is nothing new here. It's high time something changed though. Davenport got pregnant and that caused major issues in her career. This is BS creating issues, when time comes for things more real what then? Understandably there is little room for making improvement much less making a mistakes.

Some perspective:
Johansson hasn't beaten anyone in the top 50 in the last 3 years. Top 100 wins are Pin, Groenfeld, Pennette, Meusburger and Errani (#154). But if rank is 2 digits or less, the odds of beating Johansson are excellent.

The money is on Cornet this time - 66%.

I think Daniela can clean sweep her. She has before. She doesn't hit real hard, she's not bringing much more than effort.

Last edited by Heaven to the 8's on 22. January 2009 02:47, edited 3 times in total.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 22. January 2009 01:33 

Local Time:
|16. June 2024| 08:20
I guess no streaming for the doubles match .. :?

banned
PostPosted: 22. January 2009 02:10 

Local Time:
In the statistics -- what counts as a winner or an unforced error? I add them up and it doesn't equal the number of points played.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 22. January 2009 02:15 

Local Time:
|16. June 2024| 03:20
Patty Schnyder, the fourteenth seed, becomes the second highest seed to lose so far, falling to Virginie Razzano 6-3, 6-1. That's good for Daniela from a rankings perspective, of course. Schnyder has been a bit of a marvel the last few years playing essentially as well at 29 as she did at 25. But I doubt she can keep it up much longer.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 22. January 2009 02:50 

Local Time:
Does anybody have the details of where Daniela will be playing her third round singles match? I'm considering attending.

"Talent is one step away from being lazy" -- Daniela Hantuchova

banned
PostPosted: 22. January 2009 03:09 

Local Time:
Does anybody have the details of where Daniela will be playing her third round singles match? I'm considering attending.
Not for another 5 hours or so.

Site Admin
PostPosted: 22. January 2009 03:11 

Local Time:
In the statistics -- what counts as a winner or an unforced error? I add them up and it doesn't equal the number of points played.

well if you hit the ball inside the court and the opponent doesn't touch it, it's a winner
if you hit the ball wide, long or in the net on a "easy" shot it's an unforced error
if you hit the ball wide, long or in the net because the opponent played a really good point and you didn't have a chance, it is a forced error. These points are never in the stats, and that's why winners+UEs does not equal total number of points played

Profile WWW

banned
PostPosted: 22. January 2009 04:22 

Local Time:
Thanks. ;)

They are up 4-1 in the doubles match.

Site Admin
PostPosted: 22. January 2009 04:37 

Local Time:
Hantuyama's doing pretty well, but that was expected. I am watching Haas vs. Cipola and that is probably the match of the tournament so far, at least if we're talking about variety. No boring pounding from the baseline. I wish it was closer though.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 674 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 45  Next