Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Polls

Author Enter your Message here

blue webmaster
 Post subject: Blue Tennis Courts
PostPosted: 14. May 2012 09:58 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 09:11
hey there,

the tournament in Madrid was the first event which was held on blue clay. But as everybody knows also the Australian Open, the ATP World Tour Finals in London, the WTA Moscow, Linz (and probably some more tournaments that I don't remember at the moment) switched to blue courts.

What do you think of this trend? Where will it lead to? Do you prefer the old or the new court color?

Personally I liked the old colors which made a tournament unique (see Moscow or Linz), or like the warm impressionen that red clay courts evokes.
As a TV viewer you want to feel the heat of the match, but you get cooled down if the TV images are painted in deep blue.

Sure, the AO look nice in their very special tone of blue, but the lime green created a much better atmosphere.

To the blue clay in Madid: It's looks just ugly and artificial, I hope the red clay will return next year.

BTW: I'm not talking about other court characteristics (like fast, slippery..), only about color ;)

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: Blue Tennis Courts
PostPosted: 14. May 2012 17:22 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 09:11
I actually quite liked the blue clay, just for a change from the normal red.

There could be a compromise between blue and red clay. Mix them for purple clay (that's what Prince wants, as in Purple Rain Prince, not the racket manufacturer). Alternatively, splatter all sort of different colours randomly around the court for Jackson Pollock clay.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Polls