Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : ATP Tour

Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 25  Next
Author Enter your Message here

blue webmaster
 Post subject: Re: ATP Tennis Season 2008
PostPosted: 6. July 2008 16:16 

Local Time:
|21. May 2024| 12:42
wtf
Nadal now leads 2-0 in sets... :cry:
in the 2nd Federer lead by 4-1 and lost FIVE GAMES IN A ROW!!
it's like Hamburg..

IMO he's having a huge mental problem and it's gonna be really hard to claim his 6th Wimby title.

At least after this very weak use of breakpionts:
wtf.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Site Admin
PostPosted: 6. July 2008 17:17 

Local Time:
|21. May 2024| 13:42
Federer becomes a mental midget when he plays Nadal, plus Nadal himself is an incredible clutch player and has improved his serve, forehand and also backhand since the last year. He can now flatten the forehand and hit winners easier than before. Similarly with his backhand.
Despite that I am a little disappointed with Rafa because he hasn't shown it as much as in previous matches, his backhand is harmless today, lacks depth, power and accuracy it had in previous matches. Many times Fed could run around it to hit the ball with his forehand, which immediately put Nadal under pressure. The Spaniard also seems to be afraid to go for forehand dtl winners after missing a couple of them in a row earlier in the match. But I can't blame him I guess as this high % game has been working so far and the match must be really tough on nerves.

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 6. July 2008 20:00 

Local Time:
Play suspended again for rain........ 2-2 5th set

°•.•°o.O ⓓⓐⓝⓘⓔⓛⓐ ⓗⓐⓝⓣⓤ©ⓗⓞⓥⓐ .•° °•. ⓙⓤⓢⓣⓘⓝⓔ ⓗⓔⓝⓘⓝ O.o°•.•°
°•. ⓕⓔⓓⓔⓡⓔⓡ ⓜⓤⓡⓡⓐⓨ ©ⓘⓑⓤⓛⓚⓞⓥⓐ ⓢ©ⓗⓘⓐⓥⓞⓝⓔ ⓖⓐⓤⓓⓘⓞ ⓙⓞⓗⓐⓝⓢⓢⓞⓝ .•°

"I have a weak spot for Italians for whatever reason" - Daniela
"Oh really? I have a weak spot for top 50, Slovakian tennis players" - Albi

Profile WWW

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 6. July 2008 20:11 

Local Time:
God damn rain!! I really really wanna watch this match from start to finish and now its not likely to finish today, so ill miss the conclusion of the match tomorrow while im at work :cry: bloody british weather

Scott

http://www.facebook.com/scotthatley1987
http://twitter.com/scotthatley87

Profile WWW

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 6. July 2008 21:22 

Local Time:
Such a shame that one of them had to lose but a great match, and great fight and a worthy winner in Nadal

Scott

Profile WWW

Site Admin
PostPosted: 6. July 2008 21:25 

Local Time:
This was an instant classic. Fed surprised me that he really fought hard after the rain break. His serve improved by a big margin and he attacked Nadal's short backhands all the time. 4th set tiebreak was unbelievable despite Nadal's choking. Probably the best GS final since a very long time. This is why I love tennis.

blue webmaster
PostPosted: 6. July 2008 21:57 

Local Time:
"2008 Wimbledon Runner Up Roger Federer"
that sounds kinda lame :cry:

despite the fact that Rafa destroyed him in Paris, i hoped that at least on grass Roger could put Rafa in his place.

Now i have to admit that it could have been even worse for Federer, because Nadal gave EVERYTHING and could have won in straight sets.

I like what Roger said about him after the match: "I had to expect the worst and its's the worst opponent on the best court. ;) "

but with this epic battle something changed, because the unbeateble grasscourt king has finally been thrown from his throne.

I wonder how lon he can manage to stay the Numer 1.. or might he at worst decide to retire from professional tennis? Well, i don't expect this, because that's not what Federer would do, but he seems to become more and more despairing the more he loses against Nadal. Federer said, he tried everything, but the fact that it wasn't enough might burn his fear of Nadal and losing the number 1 spot deeper and deeper in his mind... :?

Site Admin
PostPosted: 6. July 2008 21:57 

Local Time:
The last two this fantastic matches I saw were Blake vs. Haas at US Open 2007 and Federer vs. Safin in Australian Open 2005 SF.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 6. July 2008 22:01 

Local Time:
Although this defeat would of hurt Roger, I certainly dont foresee him retiring. Not until he has beat Pete Sampras' record of 14 major titles. I think though for him losing the number 1 spot will soon become a reality but there is still the US open to look forward to and Nadal as yet to prove he is the best on that surface yet

Scott

Profile WWW

Site Admin
PostPosted: 6. July 2008 22:04 

Local Time:
Federer is far from finished, which he proved today. I remember his reaction when Henin retired, he said (among other things) that retirement wasn't his thing and he planned to play tennis for many more years to come. I still expect him to win the US Open.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 6. July 2008 22:48 

Local Time:
WHAT A MATCH! WHAT A MATCH! That was just magnificent tennis from both men, they both deserved to win and it must be so tough on Federer after coming so close to a historic win, but Nadal was great and he's the top player on clay and now grass. Nadal and Federer showed why they're such great players and champions in this match.

It's going to be interesting to see if Nadal continue his momentum into the hardcourt season as for the past couple of years he's faded between Wimbledon and Indian Wells and he's had some thrashings on hardcourt earlier in the year. Hardcourt is tougher on his body and his topspin isn't as potent on hardcourts, but he will have so much confidence and he's improved his attacking groundstrokes and serve. Plus, he'll really want the number one ranking after being number two for so long, just to confirm his supremacy.

I can see Federer playing into his thirties and still being an elite player like Agassi was as he's got great skills and shots and has been fairly free of injury. I still think he's going to beat Sampras's slam record although I think he's only going to be winning one or two slams a year, but in the open era there'd only been three years when someone won three or more slams until Federer had three years of three slams between 2004 and 2007, which shows how extraordinary his performances have been in recent years.

I think Federer will want a rematch at the US Open as they have a tiebreak in the fifth set.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 6. July 2008 22:55 

Local Time:
Great match, pity there could only be one winner at the end of it. Federer's return of 1/13 break points tells some of the story, if he had converted more, it could have been a different outcome, but still it was the best match I have ever seen.

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 7. July 2008 07:48 

Local Time:
|21. May 2024| 22:42
what a match!
Federer looked down and out midway through that 3rd set, the rain delay really helped him
but that really was a classic and good on Nadal for winning it!

Member since 27.01.2006

Profile WWW

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 7. July 2008 11:26 

Local Time:
One championship, two champions
Roger is still at 12... only time will tell us!

°•.•°o.O ⓓⓐⓝⓘⓔⓛⓐ ⓗⓐⓝⓣⓤ©ⓗⓞⓥⓐ .•° °•. ⓙⓤⓢⓣⓘⓝⓔ ⓗⓔⓝⓘⓝ O.o°•.•°
°•. ⓕⓔⓓⓔⓡⓔⓡ ⓜⓤⓡⓡⓐⓨ ©ⓘⓑⓤⓛⓚⓞⓥⓐ ⓢ©ⓗⓘⓐⓥⓞⓝⓔ ⓖⓐⓤⓓⓘⓞ ⓙⓞⓗⓐⓝⓢⓢⓞⓝ .•°

"I have a weak spot for Italians for whatever reason" - Daniela
"Oh really? I have a weak spot for top 50, Slovakian tennis players" - Albi

Profile WWW

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 7. July 2008 12:34 

Local Time:
Roger Federer is human after all :lol: Seriously put your hands together for puting on an Epic of a match. This was one of the most emotional matches i have ever watched. You could actually sence the tension and desparation of people cheering for their favorite players. Its was like watching a movie. Brilliant!!

Like i heard someone say (not shure who, cant remember) "The real winner that night was Tennis" and there were no loosers because they both played amazingly!! but well done Rafa, VAMOS!!!. I will look forward to seeing even more great matches like this.

This is why I love tennis.

I couldn't agree with you more Martin. This is the pinnacle of Tennis. Bring on the great moments.

Stay Safe all from Mathius

Profile WWWYIM

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : ATP Tour

Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 25  Next