Roland Garros Women's Legends        Daniela/ Francesca Schiavone bt Lucie Safarova/ Nathalie Tauziat 6-2 6-3        Mixed Legends: Daniela/Guy Forget bt Francesca Schiavone/Mansour Bahrami 4-6 6-3 10-4        Mixed Legends: Tatiana Golovin/Sebastien Grosjean bt Daniela/Cedric Pioline 4-6 6-2 12-10        Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : WTA Tour

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
Author Enter your Message here

media master
 Post subject: Re: WTA Tour Season 2008
PostPosted: 27. June 2008 18:39 

Local Time:
|26. June 2024| 18:43
It seems Cowboy Mattek takes her tennis more seriously this year ... 4th round in a slam :lol: :shock:

Fan of Daniela Hantuchova since the Australian Open 2002 Other players: Azarenka,Wozniacki,Henin,Safarova,Benesova

Site Admin
PostPosted: 27. June 2008 19:37 

Local Time:
omg the seeds are really dropping like flies. too bad Daniela wasn't fit. Though this means a lot of the 10-20 players will gain more points and get closer to overtaking Daniela in the rankings.

Profile WWW

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 9. July 2008 14:02 

Local Time:
|26. June 2024| 17:43
From the BBC Website. Made me laugh my ass off!!

Justine Gimelstob on Anna Kournikova and a number of current WTA Tour players

"Hate is a very strong word - I just despise her to the maximum level just below hate. I'm going to serve it right at the body, about 128 (mph), right into her midriff. If she's not crying by the time she comes off court then I did not do my job.''
Former player and senior ATP official Justin Gimelstob turns on the charm while talking about Anna Kournikova in a radio interview ahead of their exhibition match in Washington. And there's more...

"She is a sexpot."
Gimelstob on On Tatiana Golovin.

"She's a little sexpot."
On Alize Cornet.

"She's a well-developed young lady."
On Nicole Vaidisova.

"There are fewer lesbians now because they're all Russian chicks. And there's some other cute ones out there."
On women players.

"She has a great body but her face is a five."
Gimelstob's delightful last word on Kournikova. He later apologised for everything.

Scott

http://www.facebook.com/scotthatley1987
http://twitter.com/scotthatley87

Profile WWW

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 13. July 2008 17:51 

Local Time:
Alize Cornet won her first singles title on the WTA tour today in Budapest:

Singles - Final
(2) Alizé Cornet (FRA) d. Andreja Klepac (SLO) 76(5) 63

Daniela H A N T U C H O V A
Rafael N A D A L

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 13. July 2008 21:02 

Local Time:
Alize Cornet won her first singles title on the WTA tour today in Budapest:

Singles - Final
(2) Alizé Cornet (FRA) d. Andreja Klepac (SLO) 76(5) 63

Victoria Azarenka [WTA 16] is now the only current top twenty player to not have won a WTA tour title.

Site Admin
PostPosted: 29. July 2008 19:13 

Local Time:
Personally, I have really started liking Vika. I saw her play in Berlin and she was so sweet. I saw her defeat Chakvetadze in a 3-setter on court 1, and she was all smiles and everything. I really hope she'll win a title soon. She just beat Jackson 61 61 so she is off to a good start.

Profile WWW

media master
PostPosted: 31. July 2008 09:10 

Local Time:
Maria Sharapova defeated Marta Domachowska last night but after the match she retired for the rest of the tournament and she will probably not play the Olympics and the US Open.
She will decide after some tests. It's the old shoulder injury from last season again

Fan of Daniela Hantuchova since the Australian Open 2002 Other players: Azarenka,Wozniacki,Henin,Safarova,Benesova

Site Admin
PostPosted: 31. July 2008 11:14 

Local Time:
omg, didn't know it was that serious again. Bad timing.

Profile WWW

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 31. July 2008 22:07 

Local Time:
I have to say i'm disappointed with the season 2008. Everybodys struggling. My darlings, Vaidisova, Hantuchova, Szavay and Golovin, which everyone had a stellar Fall 07 are injured ore are struggling so much. My only Fave who improved and plays well is Dinara. Some strange players are going to make big results, when i watched at the rankings i saw Alisa Kleybanova #35. I could not believe that (even though i knew her due to beating Danka and Nikki :evil: ). Davenport's comeback is also very strange and everything changed too much. The best WTA was at Masters 2005 with Pierce, Clijsters and Fitport. I'm happy to see how Players like Azarenka, Radwanska, Cornet, Wozniacki and Cibulkova are improving, because i like them a lot and i think they have the potential to lead the WTA Rankings in a few years. But i miss the "real" hopes like Vaidisova, Golovin and Kirilenko.

When i saw Bethanie Mattek play in L.A. i was simply shocked. Based on her current results i thought maybe she's playing well. But just the way she plays is scary. I just asked myself is that clean and beautiful tennis? Today i saw Michelle Larcher de Brito in Montréal vs. Kuznetsova and i thought she's talented, but her grunts are annoying. Is that the WTA of 2012? I really miss the old times. 2007 was such a great year, and 2008 seems to be a nightmare (with the exception of Dinara).

I hope Players Radwanska, Cornet etc. will win the big titles in the future, because the way they're playing and they're behaviour is great.

My Top 10 of 2012:

1. Nicole Vaidisova
2. Agnes Szavay
3. Agnieszka Radwanska
4. Alizé Cornet
5. Tatiana Golovin
6. Dinara Safina
7. Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova
8. Dominika Cibulkova
9. Victoria Azarenka
10. Ana Ivanovic

*Nicole Vaidisova*Agnes Szavay*Tatiana Golovin*

*Daniela Hantuchova*Agnieszka Radwanska*Dinara Safina*
Alona Bondarenko*Iveta Benesova*Aleksandra Wozniak*
Elena Dementieva*Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova*Stefanie Vögele*

<3

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 31. July 2008 23:03 

Local Time:
|26. June 2024| 11:43
Maria Sharapova defeated Marta Domachowska last night but after the match she retired for the rest of the tournament and she will probably not play the Olympics and the US Open.
She will decide after some tests. It's the old shoulder injury from last season again

According to her website, her doctor suspects a tear in her shoulder which is very serious. Surgery is a distinct possibility, which means 6-12 months. I'm sure there's still a lot more to come out on this in the coming days.

I know she's one of the more unpopular players around here, but you cannot help but really feel for her here.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 31. July 2008 23:22 

Local Time:
Given Shazza's comments after Henin's retirement and her health and injury problems, I wouldn't be shocked if she retired in the next year.

I don't think it's likely to happen, but I wouldn't totally discount the possibility.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

media master
PostPosted: 1. August 2008 08:24 

Local Time:

According to her website, her doctor suspects a tear in her shoulder which is very serious. Surgery is a distinct possibility, which means 6-12 months. I'm sure there's still a lot more to come out on this in the coming days.

I know she's one of the more unpopular players around here, but you cannot help but really feel for her here.

that will be shocking :shock:

media master
PostPosted: 1. August 2008 08:26 

Local Time:
Ivanovic lost last night from Paszek in 3 sets. I guess that's her first big win this season , after a very promosing season last year. Not suprised about the loss, she didn't practise much the last
weeks , and it proves ones more that whoever will be number one (she,jelena , maria or sveta) it will be the number one cause of failing concurrents.

It will take some years before there is someone like Justine again who will dominate the Tour.

hellene fan
PostPosted: 2. August 2008 07:42 

Local Time:
Ivanovic lost last night from Paszek in 3 sets. I guess that's her first big win this season , after a very promosing season last year. Not suprised about the loss, she didn't practise much the last
weeks , and it proves ones more that whoever will be number one (she,jelena , maria or sveta) it will be the number one cause of failing concurrents.

It will take some years before there is someone like Justine again who will dominate the Tour.

totally agree.every player from top-15 has shot for big things right now.
sharapova will miss usopen.at least 3 months

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 2. August 2008 13:10 

Local Time:
The top of the womens tour is all over the place atm, which is great for the players knocking on the door of the top 20 and top 10 but as for the players right at the top the number 1 spot seems almost a curse or something.

Sharapova had the number 1 spot and faltered, now through injury she is out for months. Ivanovic claims it after a brilliant French Open and now she is struggling with shock defeats at Wimbledon and now this loss to Pasek. The only reason Ivanovic has the number 1 spot still is because Jankovic has bottled it twice.

Jankovic, yes she is the most consistent player on the tour, but when it comes to the big occasion, shes not cut out for it. She reminds me alot of Clijsters. Clijsters, a former world number 1, was no doubt a brilliant player, but she couldnt cut it at the big, big occasions until she claimed her one and only grand slam title. No offence meant to tournaments like Indian Wells and Miami which are great tournaments in their own rights, but when the history of tennis is written, people will be remembered on their performances in the Slams instead of Tier I's.

Jankovic has had two golden opportunities to claim the top spot and has both times failed, she has never even reached a grand slam final, let alone win one. And yes she is by far and away the most consistent but personally I dont think everyone will consider her to be a worthy number 1, especially during this time that the tour is going through after Henin's retirement.

If Jankovic goes on to win the US Open and claim the number 1 spot, then that would shut me up completely, but until then, i have my doubts that Jankovic is that deserving of the number 1 position in the womens game

Scott

http://www.facebook.com/scotthatley1987
http://twitter.com/scotthatley87

Profile WWW

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : WTA Tour

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next