Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Talk about Daniela

Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Career Grand Slam
 Post subject: Re: What Does Daniela Play Next?
PostPosted: 12. March 2017 04:41 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 06:25
Well, if that happens, none of us will be able to use one of our old favorite reasons for a loss, that being Daniela not being familiar with the court! :D

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 25. March 2017 19:57 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 11:25
Daniela's staying at Santa Margherita Di Pula and is playing the ITF $25,000 events from 3 - 9 April & 10 - 16 April.

There are two more $25,000s at Santa Margherita Di Pula from 17 - 23 April & 24 - 30 April and a $15,000 from 1 - 7 May. There are no entry lists yet but chances are Daniela will be there for a while.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 11. April 2017 16:08 

Local Time:
Daniela's playing Santa Margherita Di Pula again from 24 - 30 April.

Daniela's not entered next week so presumably she's keeping it free for Fed Cup.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 11. April 2017 21:08 

Local Time:
The Italian food there must be awfully good. :P

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 19. April 2017 18:23 

Local Time:
Fed Cup vs Netherlands, 22 - 23 April.

Against the Netherlands without Cibulková

Dominika Cibulková wrist injury does not show up in the promotion round to participate in the World Group Fed Cup against the Netherlands. In a weekend duel on clay in Bratislava NTC it replaces Daniela Hantuchová. Experienced Representative joins the trio Kristína Kučová, Jana Čepelová, Rebecca Šramková.

Cibulkova, which was to be team-Slovak unit, was wounded on Friday practice. His right hand is in the plate. ,, Dominica fell and ended so miserably that he hurt the wrist. The next day she could not catch the rocket. Certainly not be able to face off against the Netherlands, which for us is bad news. Daniela is now ready to replace it. I communicate with her since the weekend and on Thursday joined the team, " he said at Wednesday's press conference, Slovak captain Matej Lipták Fed Cup team.

Cibulkova very sorry not to be able to play. "I was very match in front of home fans to enjoy. We Injury However hacked plans. that fall at first glance did not seem so intimidating, but properly scared me. Fortunately, I do not broken or torn, but I have encountered tendon. throughout the Easter holidays we could not find a doctor who would not do MRI, so we had to go to a private clinic in Vienna. at least until Monday I have a hand in the plate. I believe that over the next week I will start with training. I hope the girls win without me, the road to success leads through the singles. "
Liptak says that the Slovaks against the Netherlands can succeed without Cibulková. "It gives us great weakening because of Dominica are expected to get two points. Her team is now possible paper favoritky, but are playable and our girls have to make them beat. Clay court at NTC suits them. The hall is our clay especially well done. it is a fast nor too slow, it's something in between. Baby got used to the court, on Tuesday we moved to the hotel and I believe that the atmosphere is similar to that in the February winning a duel in Italy. "
Šramková experienced in Forli great Fed Cup debut, when he defeated Sara Errani and Francesca Schiavone, now would I like to odkrútila home debut. "If you give me Maťo Lipták chance, I enjoyed it even more than in Italy. While I'm not implying anything. I think we have all the same chance of onset in the opening singles. With regard to a Dutch woman, the two of them playing so boyish tennis that I would be comfortable with. I believe we can do it. "
Kučová the non-participation of the Slovak Ranking Cibulková unit. " It's uncomfortable for us, that Dominica does not show up, the more they must take other players. I've played with almost all Dutchwoman except Cindy Buerger, I know what I can expect from them. At the beginning of the season I had knee problems. Forced break I used to eye surgery. I hope the red clay season will take place without injuries, " she told TASR last year's semifinalist WTA tournament in Montreal. (TASR)

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 18. June 2017 23:18 

Local Time:
Daniela's on the entry list for the ITF $25,000 Stuttgart-Vaihingen from 26 June - 2 July. It's an outdoor clay event.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 24. June 2017 17:31 

Local Time:
Daniela's no longer on the entry list for Stuttgart-Vaihingen. I don't see her on the entry list for an upcoming ITFs so I don't know when she's going to be playing again.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 12. July 2017 18:05 

Local Time:

WTA LUXEMBOURGJuly 11, 2017 7:27 p.m.; Act: 12/07/2017 10:28
Azarenka and Bertens come in Kockelscheuer

Former World No. 1 Victoria Azarenka of Belarus and Dutchwoman Kiki Bertens will play the BGL BNP Paribas Luxembourg Open 2017 in October.

After announcing in May the coming of the Canadian Eugenie Bouchard , the organizers of the BGL BNP Paribas Luxembourg Open unveiled on Tuesday at Pall Center in Steinsel, the names of two other headliners of the 2017 edition set of 14 October 21, in Kockelscheuer.

24th ranked player in the world, Dutchwoman Kiki Bertens, 25, a semi-finalist last year, will play Luxembourg WTA tournament for the sixth time. While the former World No. 1 Belarusian Victoria Azarenka, aged 27, settled in 683rd place after having interrupted his career to give birth to a child, will play for the third time a tournament where it had imposed in 2011 .

Also a sport-health day is scheduled Monday, October 16, with the ambassador Daniela Hantuchova of Slovakia.

@ google translate

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 12. July 2017 18:11 

Local Time:
We'll use this thread to list any appearances, exhibitions or commitments that Daniela has from now on.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 12. September 2017 13:22 

Local Time:
Hantuchova will come on and Kim

Triple US Open champion Belgian Kim Clijstersová and German Tommy Haas will be November 15 tahak exhibitions TENNIS CHAMPIONS. The 10th anniversary event in Bratislava NTC will have the subtitle "Farewell Daniela Hantuchova with a career." Longtime tennis Slovak unit announced an end career early July during Wimbledon. In addition Clijsters, Hantuchova and Haas will present the exhibition match and a longtime leader of the Slovak Davis Cup team Dominik Hrbatý.

For Hantuchova it will be farewell to the home crowd. "I am very glad that I can say goodbye to the Slovak fans. I wanted to Bratislava to attract someone who had such a long career as I do and who I know well. S Kim know each other since 13 years, we peer, on the tennis qualities are not necessary talk. it's a former world number one in singles and in doubles and four times Grand Slam champion. we often trained together, know each other and our families. When i got it approached, did not hesitate a second. I got her a negative match balance, her style she simply did not work. I felt that what I was doing, but a hundred times better. I hope that at home he let me win, " Hantuchova said at Tuesday's press conference.

At stake were other names, including and Swiss Martina Hingis. "Martina and I was the day I announced the end of an active life. Both we watched the final of WTA Indian Wells in 2002, after which I enjoyed the first title on the circuit and poplakali we get there. Martin has already been to exhibition match in Bratislava in 2013, and so I decided that this time invite Kim, who was a symbol of women's tennis. After a maternity break, could famously return to the elite, won two US Open and once the Australian Open. the fans around the world is still very popular, " she said Hantuchova Commenting on the fresh member of the Hall of fame International tennis Federation (ITF).

Haas knows from 14 years, and therefore invited him to Bratislava. "Tommy, I met the first day when I arrived at the Nick Bollettieri Academy. It is a former world number two tennis and carousel was kept remarkably long time," said the former world number five, who post-career professionals holding her racket in the hands only once. Wimbledon acted in the role spolukomentátorky. "It was for me a completely new experience. After many years, I was not the Grand Slam as a player, but I had the opportunity to share with television viewers on their observations of matches."

Bratislava's exhibition will start at 18.00 duel between the men's singles Haas et Hrbatý, then the court will enter Clijsters with Hantuchová. The show will culminate in the final mix, which will be no shortage of humorous elements. The program will also autograph. (TASR)

@ google translate

Hantuchova will farewell to Clijsters and Haas
Posted Today, 13:02

"Already I am looking forward. S Kim know each other from the age of thirteen, we often trained together," said Daniela.

BRATISLAVA - Belgian Kim Clijstersová, German Tommy Haas and partner at the Hopman Cup triumph in 2005 in Perth, Australia Dominik Hrbatý will be guests of Daniela Hantuchova at the Bratislava solemn farewell to her tennis career and Slovak audience. Thus conceived 10th year of a charity charity events Tennis Champions of the organizing portfolio of B & H Agency will be held on Wednesday, November 15th from 18:00 h Aegon arena NTC. All proceeds from the event will go to the charitable foundation Stars for Stars, which supports as Viktóriu Kužmovú. The process is carried singles men, single women and mixed doubles. Tickets are available at , the cheapest at 9 euros.

"Already I am looking forward. S Kim know each other from the age of thirteen, we often trained together and not hesitate when I have it addressed in offering it. When choosing, I wanted to point out how long were our career, a beautiful example of this is the Tommy Haas. I still remember how I met him the very first day of the Bollettieri Academy, " she said a former number five world ranking in singles and doubles Hantuchova presentation at Tuesday's press conference.

The first official international duel 34-year Poprad native Hantuchova with peer Clijsters was held in January 1998 on the ITF Junior Tournament Slovak Junior Indoor in Bratislava. Belgian eventually won the title. The senior statistics against rival while girlfriends came to 11: 1st "Even my only victory was retired ..." recalled with a smile Hantuchova and added: "There are grueling that you type suit, she was the opposite. She did everything like me, but 100 times better. Against Kim and Serena I perhaps the hardest looking for a recipe for success. "

Exjednotka The single also deblových evaluation Clijsters has a collection of four Grand Slam trophies in singles and two in doubles, triumphed three times in singles at WTA Finals championship, in season 2001, the share of the primacy of representation in the Fed Cup. First he ceased active operations in May 2007 for the second time in September 2012. The marriage to American basketball player Brian Lynch has a daughter Jada Elle and sons Jacka Leona and Richard Blake.

Tridsaťdeväťročný former second man computer ranking Haas is to end its "walkaway" season. The single received 15 primates on the main professional level is four times semifinalist in singles at the Big Four, but also silver medalist in the 2000 Sydney Olympics. The Hamburg native Haas reached against peers from Bratislava Hrbaty, 12, once in the system, statistics 8: 6th In 2004, in his Davis Cup in Bratislava Floors 3: 6, 3: 6, 5: 7th The last time you measured forces in November 2006 in Paris-Bercy indoor Hardová in the semifinals of the tournament ATP World Tour Masters 1000 a Nemec nedohr (4: 6, 0: 1 - retired).

Hantuchova has announced the end of his time on the courts on July 6 Since then tennis played only once and enjoy a normal life: "Twenty years I previously knew what I would do and where to say the second week of January. Now, I can agree skiing, the first time I was on vacation in the summer, I have a Christmas like everyone. I enjoy really quite simple things, which other people are hardly aware of, but I do. I try too not planned, I appreciate you have the freedom that suddenly I have. " Hantuchova currently works in television celebrity dance competition and is working on developing its brand candies and sticks intended for sports and healthy lifestyle.

Spoludržiteľka Fed Cup in 2002 hardly studied the recent US Open: "Wimbledon even more so, since I have it spolukomentovala television, New York went out of me. All my life I played tennis, now has attracted. The possible role of the coach's absolutely not, although apparently never say never . However, I am accustomed to do everything to the fullest. I am not a supporter of co-operation for a few weeks per season, so I had to go and that I really had enough. "

Hantuchova decision to end careers were born gradually: "These were the days, weeks and months more and more intense thinking. Not at all, I did not address whether I was just the first or thousands in a position, I had no need to go at best. For the love of tennis, I went after smaller tournaments. When I broke my rib, I could not even get out of bed to drive. At first I ignored the brief emotion that without sports routines is actually pleasant. I then still more pripúšťala that now is the right time. the impact had also health problems, but the most important was the internal state of mind. the day after I published it, we have to Martina Hingis looked record of our final of Indian Wells in 2002, and we poplakali. "

@ google translate

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 24. November 2017 17:07 

Local Time:
Daniela will be on V Siedmom Nebi on TV JOJ in Slovakia at 20:35 on Sunday.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 17. December 2017 08:11 

Local Time:
While I may well make a brief comment about things that appear on the site down the road, this will very likely be my final in depth post.
When I hopped on board 6 years ago, my major concern with Daniela, as you may recall, was how unfairly maligned she was in the public eye. We all know the narrative. Gagger, mentality fragile, cares more about how sexy she is than her tennis, ad nauseam.
Over these 6 years, as she added a few tournament titles, became the queen of 3 setters, passed 500 wins and more was learned about her charities and how many friends she had on a tour notorious for feuds, pettiness and gamesmanship, her public image changed quite a bit and reached the point where I felt she had basically outlasted the critics.
Yet I yearned to see one thing happen. That was an outpouring of love from a crowd that clearly was directed at Dani for who and what she is. It rarely happens in sports. Once in a while a top player who is retiring or recently did gets a day in his or her sport, and I truly don't recall anything like that happening for a tennis player, though I would stand corrected. So I dismissed it as a pipe dream.
Then came the celebration in Bratislava last month. Joy!! The articles spoke of Daniela's deeply emotional reactions and a number of standing ovations (Much obliged as always, Chungwit, for providing them). Of course, I wanted to see and hear it. While the video posted here focused on Dani and didn't show the audience, You Tube, of course, has other videos to look at. Clicked on one.
There it was. :)
Daniela introduced. The camera pans all around the Aegon Arena seats. Thousands of people are on their feet, loudly cheering for our gal. A tear leaked from my eye. My heart is full. It is very, very difficult to imagine anyone living today that deserved this kind of tribute more. And the critics have turned into crickets.
Of course, I remain beyond fortunate to have lived the moment where a giddy Daniela autographed my shirt in Carlsbad. It was the perfect storm for a Daniela Maniac. And my everlasting gratitude remains for my wife, Stormy (30 years of marriage, guys!), who got her attention. She is convinced that because she was in a motorized scooter, Dani's huge heart was touched. I'm glad to tell you that her health has improved in recent months.
As much of a wordsmith as I like to believe I am, I don't know the proper words to thank all of you the way I should. When I joined this page, I was going through a rough patch in my life. Being able to banter with you about this wonderful woman helped me a lot. It was a blast. I miss it. This cannot be duplicated. Because I can't imagine ever rooting for another woman tennis player again. Thank you all so very much!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 18. December 2017 16:59 

Local Time:
That's a very touching post, Alex, you've always really cared for Daniela as a player and as a person.

I hope you'll still post in future as I like reading what you say.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 27. December 2017 14:12 

Local Time:
Australian Open legends event

AO legends to relive classic memories
News 7 hours ago

Sanchez Vicario will be joined in the legends field by her former doubles partner, Daniela Hantuchova. The former world No.5 has recently retired after a stellar career spanning 18 years, which included winning all four Grand Slams in mixed doubles, the Hopman Cup in 2005 and Fed Cup in 2002. As a duo Hantuchova and Sanchez Vicario reached the Australian Open women’s doubles final in 2002.

“I’m so pleased to be starting my Legends Career at the Australian Open,” Hantuchova said. “A highlight of my singles career was in Melbourne when I reached the semifinal in 2008, and to be back in a much more relaxed fashion will be so much fun.” The Australian Open Legends will kick off on the middle weekend, 20 and 21 January.

The Australian Open Legends Tournament line-up:

Women
Nicole Bradtke (AUS)
Lindsay Davenport (USA)
Daniela Hantuchova (SVK)
Martina Navratilova (USA)
Arantxa Sanchez Vicario (ESP)
Barbara Schett (AUT)
Rennae Stubbs (AUS)

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 1. January 2018 07:17 

Local Time:
2-3 years ago, when we wondered how much longer Daniela would play on the tour, I would have bet the farm that after retiring, she would jump at her first chance to play legends in the majors. Very pleased to be right about that!
Thinking about emptying the cash value of my 30+ yr. old life insurance policy. That just might cover the cost of one day's tickets and refreshments at Flushing Meadow so I can see Dani one more time in person. ;)
Thanks for the kind words, Chungwit. As you can see, I'm not going anywhere yet. Just going to keep the posts more short.
Happy New Year, everyone!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Talk about Daniela

Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61  Next