Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 129 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Author Enter your Message here

Career Grand Slam
 Post subject: Re: US Open, Flushing Meadows
PostPosted: 10. September 2011 23:06 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 04:33
I am extremely appreciative of the postings of interviews with Daniela, even if the translations are a bit funky. This has been the only way I have been able to see what she has to say. On her FB page, nothing has been posted under Daniela's name since Cincinnati. Some of the other Wall Writers on her page will actually put up things like "We want to hear from you, Dani, where have you been?" Makes me :lol: :lol: :lol: ! I joined Facebook and began to post on her page in March. It didn't take long to overcome naivety. The page appears to have been created in late '09 or early '10. If you read messages under Daniela's name in '10, then compare them to what gets posted under her name this year, it doesn't require a degree from Northwestern or Univerzita Komenskeho v Bratislave to see the difference. The '10 posts look like Dani wrote them herself. This year, and I don't really blame her for this, since she really put her all into making herself relevant on the court again and has succeeded, anything posted under her name are almost verebatim her quotes to the media or the WTA site, clearly re-written by someone connected to her with a "Hi, guys!" and a "Thanks for your support" with a :) thrown in to make it look personal. Ergo, since she got KOed in the 1st round in New York and the media hardly cares about doubles, Dani was a non-story for the New York and American media. So, no quotes for her people to tinker a bit with and put up on her FB page. So, my only source to see how she explained the loss to Parmetier or her success with Aga was through what you dug up (Gracias, Mr. Chungwit). Keep up the good work! With the blessings of the Good Lord, perhaps Dani can defend her #1 seed and put up title #5 in Quebec City. Let's Go, Daniela!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 11. September 2011 23:42 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 10:33
Stosur wins US OPEN! Beats Serena 62 63. Awesome! Some of the comments Serena said to the umpire at the change of ends when she was deducted a point because of the hindrance rule was unacceptable. Hope Serena gets another fine and is forced to make a public apology.

She said "you're unattractive inside", "If you ever see me walking down the hall, look the other way because you're out of control," and "you're a hater".

Serena should be disgusted with herself. The umpire was spot on in giving the point to Stosur as Serena shouted "comon!" way before Stosur had hit the ball.

No Grand Slam for Serena this year. 8-)

As for Stosur she played a perfect match, moving Serena around with strong power, to prevent Serena from dictating and returning excellently. All the other players on tour should take note.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 12. September 2011 01:16 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 09:33
Huber and Raymond won the doubles, so Daniela and Agnieszka lost to the winners.

Sam Stosur played great and thoroughly deserved to win. Fantastic perfomance and it's always nice to see someone with a bit of class and dignity win.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 12. September 2011 03:07 

Local Time:
Here is the full outburst from Serena:

If you ever see me walking down the hall look the other way, 'cause you're outta control, you're outta control. Totally outta control, you're a hater, and you're just unattractive *points to heart* inside. Who would do such a thing? And I never complain. Wow. What a loser. A whole violation because I expressed who I am. We're in America last time I checked. You got a water there? Or am I gonna get violated for a water? Really, don't even look at me! I promise you don't look at me, 'cause I am not the one. Don't look my way.

Believe it or not Serena managed to say all of that within the space of one change of ends. I'm sure she's going to get quite heavily punished, particularly given that it seems she's learnt very little from the incident two years ago against Clijsters.

That being said, I do have some sympathy for her. The rules on this particular issue vary between the ITF and the WTA. Here is a video from Doha, with Serena (playing Kuznetsova), and the SAME umpire in the chair: . If anything, what Serena did in this match in Doha was worse because Kuznetsova actually found her way into the point, whereas Sam was never going to get that backhand back into court, irrespective of whether Serena shouted. Yet in Doha, Azderaki (and Kuznetsova) just smiled, and the point was replayed.

It's unfortunate that this incident happened because it has taken a little focus away from Stosur's excellent performance both today and in other matches over the past two weeks. It has to be said, though, that in the final Serena was a little sluggish compared to Sam and did not play anywhere near her best, and that was most likely due to a much later finish last night. In my opinion the scheduling was totally wrong for yesterday (Saturday), with the organisers too focused on producing a 'Super Saturday'. Even as it was, the scheduling for today was also wrong; the women's final should have at least been pushed to the evening, with a 19:00 start time.

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 12. September 2011 05:54 

Local Time:
Very happy for Samantha. Didn't really think she had a chance coming in, and then thought she was done for after Serena woke up after the argument and got the whole stadium rooting for her. Incredible that she could regain her focus and pull it out.

Kinda surprised to see Serena blow up again here, but I thought it was at least tamer this time, more aggravated ranting than anything threatening. Still not good, but progress anyway. And it really should be a let in that situation.

The scheduling is all about what CBS wants. For today, it's understandable: They clear out a block that would normally be a big NFL game for them and need something important. But forcing the women to go last yesterday, and putting one of the matches on Grandstand, that's just wrong. They just really don't care much about the women outside of the Williams sisters, or anything really that doesn't fit their desired storyline (see not letting del Potro speak in Spanish two years ago). Sam's semi-final actually only got about 90 seconds of total airtime here, and wasn't even mentioned until after the 1st game was completed, 6+ hours into coverage.

Profile WWW

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 13. September 2011 00:27 

Local Time:
Very happy for Samantha. Actually, I'm happy for Sam, Daniela, and most everyone else in the top 30. Let's go back to Eastbourne and the return of the Williams sisters. While they were idle, Dani and many others stepped up their games and put a suspenseful, quality product for us to enjoy. Meantime, the know it alls were screaming...Boring! Mediocrity! Serena and Venus, come back and save the WTA! And when they do, their takeover will be immediate and complete! :o If you remember, most pundits were thrilled when the sisters were placed on opposite sides of the draw in Eastbourne (Oh joy! They'll meet in the final of their 1st tourney back!). One of them certainly would win Wimbledon, of course! And there never in professional sports history was a more foregone conclusion than Serena's coronation in New York. :roll: Well, this was obviously not processed by Petra at Wimbledon, Sam yesterday, and lest we not forget, by our Daniela in Eastbourne! She, along with Vera, told the Media Megawits :idea: : Ummm, Not So Fast! I don't know if the other excellent players talked about this when the sisters came back, but they had their honor to defend, and it has been done very well. Be proud, ladies! Hold Your Head Up High, Daniela!!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 13. September 2011 02:08 

Local Time:
$2000 fine for Williams, that'll show her.

The final reminded me a bit of Safin beating Sampras in the 2000 men's final.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

blue webmaster
PostPosted: 13. September 2011 13:22 

Local Time:
yes, that fine is just a bad joke. Serena got $900,000 prize money, and god knows how many millions of dollars she owns.

To her defense you must say that she would have made that point anyway, even without her "Common!".
But Asteraki had to follow the rules, and give Stosur the point.

Serena's behaviour is respectless and unfair. If she wants to blame someone, she has to go to those who make the rules, but not insult the poor umpire.

Serena is lucky she's playing tennis. In other sports the umpire would have been able to immediatly ban her from the whole tournament, which would have meant she gets no money and no points.

See fencing for example: Most rules and fines are extremely strict and hard when it comes to fairness, sportsmanship and respect towords opponent and umpire.

And Serena has to learn some respect and sportsmanship. The $2,000 fine is like disciplining a child with 2 minutes no TV.

Anyway, I'm sure Serena would have lost the match either way.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 13. September 2011 19:39 

Local Time:
I think the 'difficulty' the USTA faced was that they didn't want to declare the incident as 'major' (like the outburst in 2009), because that would have probably affected Serena's tournament appearances for the rest of this year and next year since she was already on a probation. Had they declared it a major incident they would have probably also fined her more money, as they did in 2009 when she was fined around $10,000 (still not very much for her, but still...)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 129 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9