Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Talk about Daniela

Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76 ... 156  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: Latest News from dhantuchova.com
PostPosted: 5. July 2017 17:06 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 12:15

@ Daniela's facebook

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 6. July 2017 14:53 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 07:15
Guys, the inevitable has become reality. Daniela just wrote on FB that she has retired from professional tennis.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 6. July 2017 15:15 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 13:15
So so so so so so sad but I feel the time is right for her. She is young enough to have children and she really did maximise her career.

I'll write a longer post later but right now just need some time for reflection.

Love all you guys on here....I'll miss this forum just as much....

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 6. July 2017 15:29 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 11:15
One last post here :(
I am very happy for Daniela to pursue her life in another direction but I was expecting some couple of more matches. My heart is not ready to not seeing her in court anymore :(

Dani is the reason why I started to follow tennis and it will always be my favorite tennis player in the World.

It has been a hell of a ride, so I have mixed feelings!

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: to all of you.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 6. July 2017 17:00 

Local Time:
Wow. I'm just so shocked and stunned right now. Daniela's been such an important person to me for so many years. I will miss seeing her play so much and knowing that she's not going to play again is still stunning but all good things come to an end and she's been struggling with injury and losing to players that she'd thrash in her prime for a while so it's not something that's totally out of the blue.

She has got so many other opportunities ahead of her with commentating and media work, D-One and she's also been offered tournament directorships. Daniela can also enjoy a family life and She's been enjoying commentating on Wimbledon so it will be difficult to go from there to rehab so that she could play at a tiny ITF somewhere when she could go to the US Open and commentate and do all sorts of other things.
There really aren't all that many other players that would have kept going as long as she has and played in tiny little tournaments like Santa Margherita Di Pula and that shows her love and passion for tennis and she'll keep involved in tennis. We know that she's given us all so much joy for so many years and I hope that she's happy and successful whatever she does, I'm sure she will be. I'll miss watching Daniela play so much but I know that she'll still be doing so many other things.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 6. July 2017 17:04 

Local Time:

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 6. July 2017 17:13 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 13:15
Very sad day. However,with an injury that meant she couldn't pick up the racket for over 2 months,it is probably the correct decision. :cry:

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 6. July 2017 17:31 

Local Time:

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 6. July 2017 18:01 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 08:15
Oh, man, I haven't followed Daniela as closely for a while, but always checked where she was in the forum.

I always hoped she had a bit of late resurgence like some others have done, but it was not meant to be.

I feel a bit sad she had to retire struggling, but she loves the sport and I'm sure she is proud of what she has achieved, as she should be.

I hope she still has a presence on tour, and wish her the best in her post-tennis career.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 6. July 2017 18:46 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 07:15
There is an incredible interview with Dani under WTA Insider. Just a beautiful, incisive summary of her career and her future plans...Daniela through and through.

I could go on for hours. It's not a surprise, and honestly, it's not saddening to me. Daniela went out her way, on her own terms. Her career achievements speak for themselves. She outlasted the critics with all their labels. She leaves competitive tennis being known and admired for her work ethic, many terrific results, and her huge compassionate heart. That's plenty good enough for me.
Daniela gave us a zillion thrills, another zillion heart attacks, and 18 years and 570 singles wins, far more than any of us could have asked for. The one thing we did have a right to expect was an all out effort. Never did she fail to give that. She earned respect on the court, and she earned the nickname of Queen of the Three Setters.
It is 4 years this month that Dani gave me the thrill of a lifetime at Carlsbad. My everlasting thanks to her for those joyous moments. How fitting it was that with her autograph of my shirt she drew a smile.
When I entered the Forum 6 years ago, many of you had already been here awhile. Here comes this loopy American interloper with his silly puns, unending song lyric references and unceasing opinions. It might have took a little time to stop reeling in shock, but you accepted me nicely, seeing that we all have one thing in common: We love Daniela! The Forum has been a wonderful outlet for me. It has been a fun ride sharing being a Daniela Maniac with really good people as you all are. Thank you all so very much.
And, when you read the WTA Insider interview, take note how excited Daniela is about playing the Legends Doubles starting next year! She's not done yet!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 6. July 2017 19:26 

Local Time:
Daniela was commentating on Federer-Lajovic with Boris Becker on BBC radio. It's not a bad career change to go on to watch one of the legends of the sport play in it's most hallowed arenas alongside one of the greats. She's doing commentary with FOX Sports Asia too so we'll be seeing and hearing a lot of Daniela in the future.

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 7. July 2017 04:08 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 06:15
I really hope this site stays open for awhile so we can keep track of what Daniela is up to. I trust she will continue to be visible through social media and otherwise. Such an inspirational and beautiful person in whatever she does. I will miss checking this site as often as I have in the past - sometimes several times a day.

I wish her the best, she has been a very positive influence on me these past years.

ITF Player
PostPosted: 7. July 2017 15:05 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 19:15
I'm reall sad :( she is the reason why I followed tennis. I wish I can meet her in person. :( btw, what will happen in this site? Is Daniela aware about the existence of this site?

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 7. July 2017 15:56 

Local Time:

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 7. July 2017 16:02 

Local Time:

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Talk about Daniela

Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76 ... 156  Next