Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Talk about Daniela

Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 75  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Site Admin
 Post subject: Re: Articles & Interviews
PostPosted: 30. November 2008 19:23 

Local Time:
|12. May 2024| 04:49
I don't think I believe it. Some time ago in GM, Rodriguez comments about his situation was posted. He also commented on his experience with Chakvetadze. Now I am not a big Rodriguez fan or Chakvetadze fan, so I only remember the post vaguely, but I think Rodriguez said he wouldn't be coaching a single player like Henin again, but that of course all professional players were able to come and practice with him on the academy. And he also said some pretty nasty things about Chakvetadze regarding her mentality, and I can't imaging then that he is thrilled with Daniela.

Profile WWW

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 1. December 2008 00:43 

Local Time:
|11. May 2024| 23:49
wow, thats interesting... It wouldve been nice if they got together, he helped Justine overcome her insecurities. On the other hand, if its true and daniela is looking for a new team, then it might mean she's kinda lost on how to gaing her form back, and that worries me :?

Site Admin
PostPosted: 1. December 2008 13:05 

Local Time:
This sucks, seems Daniela wasn't prepared for the sacrifices. I feel Daniela may have missed an amazing opportunity. The source says "Carlos was not prepared to do things half way..." It would have been amazing to see Daniela working with Carlos, he above everyone would sort Daniela out.

I'm really annoyed.
That probably means he couldn't run the academy and at the same time be a full time coach of a pro player, because he wouldn't be able to focus 100% on either. So no, it's not Daniela's fault if that's what you imply.
Anyway, I too think it's a made up story, just like the one about Courteau. Like Christina wrote, Rodriguez said he would never coach any other player but Henin. He will change his mind probably, but not so soon after Justine's farewell.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 1. December 2008 20:41 

Local Time:
|12. May 2024| 03:49
What are Brad Gilbert and Darren Cahill up to these days?

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Site Admin
PostPosted: 2. December 2008 07:23 

Local Time:
a little more about the coaching and something else: - from GM

Daniela will play en exibition match in Monte Carlo with Jelena Dokic. No one know where and when.
Newspaper wrote that Dokic will visit Monaco (and then Barcelona) to have a talk with Daniela's coach...
Also, i heard that Daniela had a talk with Rodriguez, who was Henin's coach. She suggested him to coach her during. Rodriguez* and Hantuchova can't work together as he said he has a lot of work to do in Florida (USA Henin's Tennis Academy) and Danka denied to follow him in Florida. Seems that Daniela is not ready to give her best! I think she did it all these years...
* Rodriguez already denied to team up with Chakvetadze and Mauresmo.

Profile WWW

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 2. December 2008 15:53 

Local Time:
Again the Rodriguez thing... is Daniela really wanting to leave Sanchez-Casal? I hope not, she did her best with them, this year was a very unfurtunate one, but I think they still have got a lot to offer to her. But hey, Im no expert, just a perception. What do you guys think?

hellene fan
PostPosted: 2. December 2008 16:30 

Local Time:
Again the Rodriguez thing... is Daniela really wanting to leave Sanchez-Casal? I hope not, she did her best with them, this year was a very unfurtunate one, but I think they still have got a lot to offer to her. But hey, Im no expert, just a perception. What do you guys think?

exactly my thoughts.i am confused with these news,dont know what to think

PostPosted: 4. December 2008 23:03 
Serena Williams, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga and Lleyton Hewitt to play Sydney International
From correspondents in Sydney
December 04, 2008
SIX of the top 10 ranked women's players, including Serena Williams, and five of the men's top 20 stars are confirmed to play in next month's Sydney International.
Nine-time grand slam winner Williams and world No.6 Jo-Wilfried Tsonga will be the top seeds for the mixed WTA/ATP tournament from January 11 to 17.

Williams headlines a strong women's field along with Dinara Safina (world No.3), Elena Dementieva (No.4), Vera Zvonareva (No.7), Svetlana Kuznetsova (No.8) and Agnieszka Radwanska (No.10).

Tournament director Craig Watson said rising WTA stars Caroline Wozniacki, Victoria Azarenka, Alize Cornet and Dominika Cibulkova will be playing along with senior campaigners Amelie Mauresmo, Daniela Hantuchova and Ai Sugiyama.

World No.7 Gilles Simon will join compatriot and Australian Open runner-up Tsonga in the men's draw along with world No.11 David Nalbandian, Igor Andreev (No.19), Tomas Berdych (No.20), Tommy Robredo (No.21), Mardy Fish (No.24) and Richard Gasquet (No.25).

Russian defending champion Dmitry Tursunov, Spanish Davis Cup star Feliciano Lopez and four-time Sydney champion and Australian No.1 Lleyton Hewitt, who has a wildcard entry, are also in the field.

The women's main draw ranking cut-off is 40 and 41 for the men.

AAP I find it interesting that they discriber her as a "senior campaigner".

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 5. December 2008 00:58 

Local Time:
oh hehe, danka is a senior now :lol: I think its because her seeding is low but shes still popular and didnt fit in any group completely :D

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 5. December 2008 18:54 

Local Time:
It's so weird that Daniela's 2007 & 2008 have basically been a repeat of her 2002 & 2003. 2002 & 2007 had a great win at Indian Wells and a rise up the rankings to the top ten, 2003 & 2008 started with a great run at the Australian Open followed by Daniela losing her Indian Wells title then a slump in form before a catastrophic breakdown (mental in 2003, physical in 2008) and the season ends without a win against a player ranked higher than her. At the end of 2003 Daniela got rid of Sears for a few months and had Harold Soloman as coach in Australia, but right now there's only speculation about her coaching situation.

For me, I think if Daniela was going to make a coaching change she'd have done it already as she'll be doing her pre-season training by now and wouldn't want the disruption of preparing with Sanchez-Casal and then going to someone else and having to make changes and adjustments in the middle of her training. If Daniela was going to change coaches, she'd have done it before she started her training so that it would be focused and free of distractions, whcich a change of coach at this time would be. The most high-profile recent coaching change was Roddick hiring Stefanki and that was done soon after the ATP season ended so that all the training would be done together.

I also think that Marco Panichi is very important to Daniela and probably as important as Jimenez or Nicolas. I think Panichi's someone that Daniela leans on for support as well as the work he does on her fitness. Lately, Panichi's been working with Bolelli on the ATP and I really don't know what effect that not having Panichi around at some tournaments has had on Daniela, such as Luxembourg. Daniela's fitness and her belief in her fitness was a big factor in her success in 2007, but illness and injury undermined her confidence and ability in 2008. It's going to be important for Daniela that she has a good off-season, rests and trains well to come back strong.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Site Admin
PostPosted: 5. December 2008 19:15 

Local Time:
very wise post.

Profile WWW

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 5. December 2008 21:44 

Local Time:
Agree completely with you chungwit.

Daniela H A N T U C H O V A
Rafael N A D A L

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 6. December 2008 00:36 

Local Time:
Its a very odd situation, but I think what chungwit has said pretty much sums everything up quite nicely. The comparisons to the 2002 and 03 campaigns and the 2007 and 08 campaigns are clear to see, but in this instance what we are reading can only be described as rumour, we have heard nothing from daniela or any concrete news about her changing her coaching team, and like chungwit said, changing her team around now would be a bit silly, as she surely would not want to throw a spanner in the works in the middle of her off season preparations. With 4 weeks now to the start of the 2009 season I think Daniela should stick with the old adage of 'better the devil you know' and if she puts in the work, the reward will come

Scott

http://www.facebook.com/scotthatley1987
http://twitter.com/scotthatley87

Profile WWW

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 12. December 2008 23:56 

Local Time:
not about Tennis it's about Daniela on the road

Daniela Hantuchova

Age: 25 Home Town: Poprad, Slovakia Current Residence: Monte Carlo, Monaco

On the road:
2008 Porsche Cayenne
2002 Porsche Boxster
2005 Land Rover Range Rover

On the court:
Hantuchova is ranked 12th in the WTA. She achieved a career-high of 5th place in 2003 and has won three singles tournaments, eight women’s doubles tournaments and four mixed doubles tournaments, including the US Open in 2005 and Wimbledon in 2001.

“I like high performance and stylish cars,” Hantuchova says. “I find long drives soothing, especially after being on airplanes week after week.”

“I’d like to own an Aston Martin one day and wouldn’t mind an all-time classy Bentley or sleek Maserati either,” she says.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 14. December 2008 18:06 

Local Time:
Danka's got expensive tastes in cars :mrgreen:

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Talk about Daniela

Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 75  Next