Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Talk about Daniela

Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 75  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Site Admin
 Post subject: Re: Articles & Interviews
PostPosted: 10. February 2009 02:03 

Local Time:
|4. May 2024| 01:12
She says that she keeps her private life secret, but that from this perspective she is very happy. I will translate the whole interview eventually. I don't know why they ask her so many questions though, albeit good ones this time. Don't they know that there are poor souls like me who will want to translate it? :roll: :lol:

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 12. February 2009 23:31 

Local Time:
|4. May 2024| 02:12
I like watching video interviews to hear her accent.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 14. February 2009 20:44 

Local Time:
|4. May 2024| 00:12
Don't they know that there are poor souls like me who will want to translate it? :roll: :lol:

I dont know why they dont think about you Martin when they do this, they should know better by now hehe :D

Scott

http://www.facebook.com/scotthatley1987
http://twitter.com/scotthatley87

Profile WWW

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 20. February 2009 00:31 

Local Time:

Hantuchova looks for net gains
By Alaric Gomes, Senior Reporter
Published: February 19, 2009, 23:11

Dubai: Daniela Hantuchova is hoping to improve her singles game by including some aspects of the game from doubles.

"I admit I am good at the net in the doubles, but in the singles I am quite comfortable playing from the baseline. It's really a shame that I do not come to the net in my singles," said the Slovakian.

"Maybe this is one aspect of my doubles that I need to incorporate into my singles. And if I do so, it can only ease things out and help me," she added.

Hantuchova is one of few women players on Tour who believe in dividing their concentration between the singles and the doubles.

The Monte Carlo resident has so far been successful in finding a right balance for herself between the singles and the doubles.

Till date, she has three Sony Ericsson WTA Tour titles in the singles and another eight in the doubles for career earnings in excess of $6 million.

And despite this versatility and advantage of being adept in both forms, Hantuchova's ranking slipped to world No. 41.

The Slovakian, who achieved her career-high ranking of No 8 in 2002, is clawing her way back into the top 10. In fact, she held No. 9 position in 2007.

"I have the experience now. I am much calmer and I still have a few more years of me," the 25-year-old said.

She is also confident of fighting her way back into the top 10 even though the women's game has undergone a major change. And to achieve it she knows there is only one way - to work hard and no shortcuts.

"The game has changed in so many ways. It has become more physical and faster, but I have so many things that I think I can still achieve," she added.

"I feel I am doing the right things, both during practice and on court. I believe in just giving my best."

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 20. February 2009 01:10 

Local Time:
Hate it when they get their stats wrong... she reached as high as no.5 in the world rankings. And in Feb 2008 she got back to no.7 for one week.

blue webmaster
PostPosted: 20. February 2009 13:33 

Local Time:
"I admit I am good at the net in the doubles, but in the singles I am quite comfortable playing from the baseline. It's really a shame that I do not come to the net in my singles," said the Slovakian.

"Maybe this is one aspect of my doubles that I need to incorporate into my singles. And if I do so, it can only ease things out and help me," she added.

On the womens tour is has become usual not to come to the net. Net players are very rare these days.
Daniela's idea of changing her game a bit isn't bad, at least since she hasn't much to lose in the near future. Her sucess in Doubles with Ai is a good indication that things can only go better..

Hantuchova is one of few women players on Tour who believe in dividing their concentration between the singles and the doubles.
That shall mean that she concentrates on both singles and doubles and not only on one of them, right?

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 20. February 2009 14:15 

Local Time:
She used to come into the net all the time in 2002,and was very adept up there. If she wants to incorporate more volleying into her singles game,more power to her!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 26. February 2009 00:05 

Local Time:
Coming to the net and volleying more would help Daniela quite a bit as it gives more variety and options to her game, plus it disrupts the opponents rhythm and strategy. Coming to the net would create more angles which she could use against retrievers and counter-punchers.
There were quite a few points against Cornet in Paris that I'm sure Daniela would have won if she'd come to the net for a volley or forced Cornet to hit a great passing shot.

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 26. February 2009 01:38 

Local Time:
That shall mean that she concentrates on both singles and doubles and not only on one of them, right?

I'd say so. And personally, I'd love to see Daniela volley more in her offensive play, it's great for finishing points quickly.

Site Admin
PostPosted: 3. March 2009 12:06 

Local Time:
Some of the biggest names in women’s tennis have united to send messages of support and donate personal items of value to the fire-affected communities in Victoria.

The Sony Ericsson WTA Tour has joined forces with the Australian tennis community to raise funds and the morale of those affected by the bushfires.

Tour players who donated items to this important cause include Casey Dellacqua, Daniela Hantuchova, Ana Ivanovic, Dinara Safina, Samantha Stosur, Rennae Stubbs, Ai Sugiyama and Serena Williams.

These items will be auctioned off to raise money for the Tennis Bushfire Relief Appeal.

"My prayers go out to everyone involved. It's such a sad and unfortunate event to happen and the loss of life has been tragic,” said World No.1 and 2009 Australian Open champion Serena Williams. “I admire the heroism of those who risked their lives to help others."

"What has happened in Australia is shocking and so sad, and I would like to send my deepest sympathies to everyone who has been affected by this tragedy,” said former World No.1 and 2008 Australian Open runner-up Ana Ivanovic. “I have family in Melbourne and was very concerned for the safety and welfare of their friends in Victoria. Australians have a great spirit, and my thoughts are with them."

Optus Australian Fed Cup member Rennae Stubbs added, "I was just down in the Yarra Valley enjoying a beautiful lunch at Yering Station a few weeks ago and had such a great time. My heart breaks for all the wonderful people who live in that beautiful part of our country. I would like to send my best wishes to the families who have lost their homes and especially to those who have lost loved ones. My heart goes out to you all."

Tennis authorities have also put their long-term commitment to rebuild the fire-affected communities into action today with the first of many visits to fire affected tennis clubs.

Tennis Australia staff visited the bushfire affected towns of Flowerdale and Wandong to provide help, support and aid the community in getting back to playing tennis sooner.

Clinics were conducted in conjunction with community meetings to boost morale and give the communities a real sense of the support that will be provided throughout the whole rebuild process.

Club committee members, council members and representatives of ‘tennis’ met to discuss setting up work plans for the two tennis clubs while an Aviva Tennis Hot Shots clinic was held for club/community members and their families.

International Tennis Federation vice-president and Tennis Australia President Geoff Pollard and Tennis Victoria President David Stobart said, “The tennis family can be proud of its response. What we want to do is ensure a coordinated approach resulting in a sustained, long-term outcome for these communities.

“We want to rebuild courts and clubhouses, stock them with equipment and then enliven them with tennis days, free coaching, competitions and social functions.

“We are in this for the long haul. These people need us around. Tennis is part and parcel of community life throughout Australia and the sport has a role to play in aiding the recovery of these fire-ravaged communities."

Source:

Profile WWW

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 3. March 2009 18:50 

Local Time:
|3. May 2024| 18:12
Well, good for Daniela. She's going to Indian Wells next and that general area too has been scarred by a series of devastating wildfires over the past few years.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 3. March 2009 19:22 

Local Time:
This shows what a great person Daniela is and how caring and compassionate she is.

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 4. March 2009 21:04 

Local Time:

hellene fan
PostPosted: 16. March 2009 17:32 

Local Time:
An interview with:

DANIELA HANTUCHOVA

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. Welcome back.
DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: Thank you.

Q. Can you kind of talk about that match? It just seemed like a lot of ebbs and flows to that match.
DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: Yeah, I mean, you know, first match is never easy, especially it was kind of a little bit windy and I felt I didn't have much control on my shots to start with.
I just kept fighting, kept fighting. This is a special place for me, so you just don't want to lose. I always try to fight it a little bit extra here.

Q. Can you talk about that the 6 5 game? She had the two break points. Can you talk about what was going through your mind?
DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: Yeah, that's what I was thinking: This is my place and I just don't want to leave. It definitely helped me that I was playing here.
:heart2:
Q. In the tiebreaker, seemed like you started to just take control.
DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: Yeah, in tiebreaker I was very confident. I felt like I needed to be focused on the first few points, and once I was 5 1 up I was pretty confident.

Q. What's different with her from the other two times you've played her? I know you've beaten her in straight sets the last two times, but not easy straight sets.
DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: Today it was very difficult for me, different conditions. In the Fed Cup obviously I had the crowd behind me. It was much easier. She's a good player. She hits the ball pretty hard. But I always felt I had my chances. I just had to be a little bit more patient.

Q. Looks like they've been keeping you pretty busy here at the tournament with autograph signings and the unveiling of the trophy. Can you talk about the demands on your time?
DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: Here, I'm glad to help with anything. The people are so nice to me. If it's the organizers or the fans, they really make me feel at home. Anything I can help to promote the tournament, it's always a pleasure for me.

Q. You've won this tournament twice before, in '02 and '07. What is it about the desert that brings out your best tennis?
DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: I don't know. It's just a whole atmosphere. I'm so relaxed here, and at the same time very focused. There are no distractions. I come here, I practice hard, I go back to the hotel, and go to play golf sometimes. It's just very, very focused.
And even things I have to do for the tournament doesn't seem that it's taking any energy from me. So, you know, whatever I do here, I just seem to really enjoy it the whole time.

Q. What have the demands on your time been like since Sports Illustrated? Obviously that's a very high profile thing to be in. Has that changed your life a lot or at all?
DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: No, absolutely not. I wouldn't change things like this that can change my life. I'm still the same person, I still got the same people around me, my family. I'm still same the same happy.
It was just a great, great, I mean, time for me there. It was an experience I will never forget. I was very proud to be part of that, and it was a lot of fun.

Q. When you talk about your career outside the court. Obviously you've modeled in a few magazines. You know, what kind of boundaries do you have to have when you model so it doesn't interfere with your tennis?
DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: Well, for example, this one was great. It was during my off season in December, so it didn't interfere with anything. I made sure that even when I was there for those five days I still kept practicing. I always make sure that it doesn't interfere with my tennis at all.
And if it does, I try to try to cut down the things to minimum. But this was a thing that basically you can't say no to. I mean, it was such an honor. Yeah, it's just about finding the balance with all the things.

Q. You know, a couple years ago when Anna was on the tour, she got a lot of attention, some of it good, some of it bad. Do you ever kind of look at her career and then like just apply those to your experiences?
DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: Well, I think it's just important to know what you want. Probably for her the priority was more the off court stuff, where maybe from her I tried to not do the same mistake and tried to really focus on my tennis and make sure that's where all my priorities are.
But at the same time, I really admire her for everything she did for tennis. She, I think, brought a lot to the game, and she was very good for the sport.

Q. Is that a hard thing to resist? Because obviously, you know, you go for five days. I'm sure you made quite a bit of money, more than a lot of tournaments. Is that kind of tough?
DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: You know, I have been on the tour for 10 years, so I do really know what I want. Like I said, many, many times it's about winning matches and giving my best efforts on the court.
What comes off the court doesn't really matter to me. Like I said before, it doesn't really change my life. Doesn't make me more happy or less.
It's just part of what I do. Yeah, sometimes it's nice to do these things, but overall, tennis is what I live for.

Q. Can you talk about the next round? I forgot who you're playing next.
DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: Cetkovska. She beat Dementieva today, so it's going to be a tough match. Obviously she's playing very well. Again, I think I'm going to focus on my game and give it my best shot.

Q. Did you have a chance to watch much of that match today?
DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: A little bit. I was just preparing for my match, so I didn't I tried not to think about it too much. Just really focused on today's match. Yeah, I saw a few points.

Q. Have you played against her before?
DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: No.

Q. Anything that you saw of her game that might concern you or depress you?
DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: Not really. My coach was watching it anyway, so I'm sure he will give me good input.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 16. March 2009 18:42 

Local Time:
Thanks for the interview, George.

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Talk about Daniela

Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 75  Next