Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Talk about Daniela

Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 75  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: Articles & Interviews
PostPosted: 9. August 2013 20:47 

Local Time:
|12. May 2024| 16:20
HINGIS & HANTUCHOVA HOLD COURT
In the midst of the second event of her WTA doubles comeback, Martina Hingis talked to the press about a variety of subjects, as did partner Daniela Hantuchova.
Published August 08, 2013 12:00

TORONTO, Canada - While at the second tournament of Martina Hingis' WTA doubles comeback in Toronto, Hingis and partner Daniela Hantuchova spoke to the press about a variety of subjects, such as the origins of their partnership and their future plans.

Hingis said Hantuchova was responsible for her return to the doubles court after six years away.

"When I was coaching Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, that's when Daniela approached me and said, 'Don't you think it would be great to play doubles? You've still got it.' And she encouraged me," Hingis said after she and Hantuchova's first round win over Angelique Kerber and Petra Kvitova in the Rogers Cup. "I needed some time to think about. But then I was closer to the game again with Anastasia. It helped me definitely to play, practice with her and see the game, see the matches. That helped a lot to gain confidence to be able to play against players like we did today."

Hantuchova commented on why she encouraged Hingis to come back.

"After Hingis had retired, I said so many times that tennis is missing somebody like her and her game and the style she plays," Hantuchova said. "You can see the fans love her everywhere she goes. I just thought it would be a shame to not have her around, and I'm really glad and honored that she's back."

Hantuchova said she had no doubt Hingis would be able to compete with today's stars.

"I have been on the tour since she left, so I knew exactly what her level is and what I see in today's tennis, and I wouldn't say or suggest it if I wasn't sure of it," Hantuchova said. "I'm really glad she's able to show it, because I always said, 'Once you are a champion inside, you are always going to have it in you forever.' "

Hantuchova and Hingis were quarterfinalists in the first event of Hingis' comeback last week in Carlsbad, losing in a match tie-break to eventual champions Raquel Kops-Jones and Abigail Spears.

"I think the goal is to produce the best tennis that we can," Hingis said. "We did really well in the last tournament. Last week, I think if we had beaten Kops-Jones and Spears that there was opportunity. Who knows what would have happened, but I think we definitely will always be competitive."

Hingis said she is relishing merely being on court again.

"Even today in the match, even if not everything was perfect, there were some great rallies, some great points that people enjoyed, and so did we," Hingis said. "It's a pleasure to be out there on the court with Daniela. I think we both have the qualities that we can feed off each other. It's hopefully going to get better and better."

After this week, Hantuchova and Hingis are committed to Cincinnati and the US Open, and their plans after that are undecided.

"It's almost the end of the season, but we're looking forward to probably playing beyond that," Hingis said. "It also depends on the results. That all has to come together and we have to feel comfortable with each other. I think that's the most important thing. Then we will decide what we'll do."

Topics: 2013, montreal, tournaments, news, photos or videos, martina hingis, daniela hantuchova

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 13. August 2013 16:36 

Local Time:
From the players' lounge at the Western and Southern Open
FS OHIO STAFF |
Published: Monday, August 12, 2013, 10:07pm | 0 Comments
From the Players’ Lounge
By Daniela Hantuchova

First, a little bit about me: I’m from Slovakia, but I live in Monte Carlo now. I attended the famous Bollettieri Academy when I was a teenager and was admitted to one of the top universities in Slovakia but chose tennis instead. I’ve been on the WTA tour since 1999, and I’ve won six singles titles and nine doubles titles in my career. This year I won in Birmingham, England, one of the warm-up tournaments to Wimbledon.

In the next few days I’ll try to give you a little bit of an insiders’ look at the Western & Southern Open. It is a great tournament and I’m looking forward to the week.

First, I love being back in Cincinnati. What makes this stop stand out from the others is definitely the golf. I love playing golf, so having it right across the street at the Golf Center at Kings Island makes it much easier for us to get out there and hit a few balls. It’s a great way to relax and just get away from all the tennis world.

I haven’t had a chance to play golf yet because we’ve been on the practice courts every day from the morning until late afternoon, but hopefully, maybe tomorrow or after tomorrow.

I always enjoy coming back here. I really appreciate very much being given the wild card this year. That was a huge help for me and it’s great to be back.

Thanks for reading my blog. We hope to see you here at the Western & Southern Open this week. I’ll be playing singles and doubles, so look for me on the court!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 14. August 2013 19:26 

Local Time:
FS OHIO STAFF |
Published: Wednesday, August 14, 2013, 12:01pm | 0 Comments
From the Players Lounge
By Daniela Hantuchova

Editor’s note: During the Western & Southern Open, WTA tennis star Daniela Hantuchova will be blogging about life on tour and her time in Mason, Ohio. Follow her on Twitter @dhantuchova.

Well, it was a tough day on the court yesterday for my singles match. I started out strong with a 6-2 first set win over Andrea Petkovic but lost the next two, 6-4 and 6-1. Andrea had a strong run in the qualifying rounds here and she is a tough competitor. Andrea has come back from a series of injuries to make it back into the top 50 in the WTA rankings. I wish her the best here at the tournament.

But I’m not finished yet, as my doubles partner, Martina Hingis, and I will play Sara Errani and Roberta Vinci for the chance to move into the quarterfinals of the women’s doubles.

People ask me all the time about playing doubles along with singles. Playing doubles is a great way to enjoy the tennis on the court because there’s not so much pressure, especially now, because having a partner like Martina makes it really fun to play doubles.

I always thought about doubles as a great way to improve for my singles. Obviously you have to hit the returns well and make good serves, and obviously the game at the net helps a lot in the doubles and in singles as well.

So come out and cheer for Martina and me as we play doubles here at the Western & Southern Open!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 15. August 2013 20:10 

Local Time:

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 15. August 2013 22:40 

Local Time:
|12. May 2024| 17:20

LOL Watch them draw each other in the 1st round of US Open

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 16. August 2013 18:34 

Local Time:
FS OHIO STAFF |
Published: Thursday, August 15, 2013, 7:43pm | 0 Comments
From the Players Lounge
By Daniela Hantuchova

Editor’s note: During the Western & Southern Open, WTA tennis star Daniela Hantuchova will be blogging about life on tour and her time in Mason, Ohio. Follow her on Twitter @dhantuchova.

My time here at the Western & Southern Open unfortunately is not as long as I was hoping it would be. After winning our first doubles match, my partner, Martina Hingis and I were eliminated from the tournament last night. If it is any consolation, we did lose to the top ranked doubles team of Sara Errani and Roberta Vinci.

Now it’s time to turn our attention to the next tournament, the New Haven Open. I thank the tournament staff there for offering me a singles and doubles wildcard into the field. Here is a story about it from their website.

People have asked what players do to relax between matches. I like shopping. Actually I went the other day to Kenwood Towne Center, so that was fun. When it’s hot like it has been and we work out so much in the gym and on the court, we just try to take it easy and not to do too many crazy things. And there are also a lot of cinemas around here so it’s actually a very nice week, I think all the players enjoy being here.

I’m also asked about how I get ready for a match. I think everybody has their own little things that they like to do. I like to kind of get away from everything and just focus on what I have to do in my match. Music is part of it. The type depends—every week’s different, it’s whatever I’m in the mood for.

Again, I wish my stay here in Cincinnati had been a little longer, but we will head to New Haven to get ready for the tournament there. Thanks to the staff here at the Western & Southern Open for offering me the wild card entry here. I appreciate it very much. And thank you to the fans who have been coming out in record numbers to cheer us on. Hope you follow us to New Haven and beyond, and we hope to see you again next year!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 20. August 2013 16:11 

Local Time:
NEW HAVEN OPEN: Daniela Hantuchova won't slow down after latest loss (video)
Published: Monday, August 19, 2013

By Henry Chisholm, Register Staff
/ Twitter: @NHRHenryC

NEW HAVEN — Despite losing her second consecutive match in straight sets, 13-year vet Daniela Hantuchova is still motivated to stay on the court. The 30-year-old Slovak fell to Simona Halep 6-2, 6-1 at the New Haven Open Monday. Hantuchova said Halep, who also defeated her in May, was just too good.

“She moves very well and she’s very solid,” Hantuchova said. “Today she was very solid. We’ve had close matches in the past and she’s got a lot of confidence.”

However, a loss is not discouraging to Hantuchova. She said her off-the-court endeavors give her the motivation to keep pushing. Like the foundation she started in Cambodia six years ago called The House of the Smile. She built a house that treats about 90 HIV positive orphans.

“I just want to make it grow and help as many people as I can,” she said.

On the court, Hantuchova’s been helping out WTA legend Martina Hingis. Hingis and Hantuchova are doubles partners on Hingis’ comeback tour. The two train together and Hantuchova said the newly inducted International Tennis Hall of Famer has still got it. After they won their first doubles match in San Diego in straight sets, it served as another motivational moment for Hantuchova.

“It was incredible,” she said. “We were looking at each other not really believing what was happening. It was like she never left the tour.”

Hingis’ spirit on her comeback tour has kept Hantuchova going, but the Slovak has goals of her own, too.

“I definitely want to be back in the top 10,” she said.

Hantuchova is ranked 46 in the world, her highest was No. 5 in 2003, and she last finished the year in the Top 10 in 2007 when she was No. 9.
She came into the New Haven Open after falling in the round of 16 at the Southern California Open. However, she won the title at the Aegon Classic on June 16 and said she can’t find a reason to stop playing.

“As long as I’m healthy and enjoying the game, why not?” Hantuchova said.

And regardless of the defeats, Hantuchova said she is just happy, and a bit surprised, she made it this far.

“When I started if somebody told me I’d still be playing tennis at 30 I would just laugh at them,” she said.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 20. August 2013 16:21 

Local Time:
WTA has helped grow women's tennis for 40 years
Published: Monday, August 19, 2013

By Chris Hunn, Register Staff
/ Twitter: @Chris_Hunn

NEW HAVEN — Led by Billie Jean King, a group of nine women signed $1 contracts with World Tennis publications publisher Gladys Heldman to compete in the new Virginia Slim Series back in 1970. The Original 9 they were called. It marked the birth of women’s professional tennis.

That got the ball rolling.

Then four years later, King and 63 other women held a meeting at the Gloucester Hotel in London the week before Wimbledon. They aimed for equality and respect. When the meeting was over, the Women’s Tennis Association was formed.

From a small tour of events covering 10 countries, the WTA has developed into a 54-event circuit over 33 countries and has $118 million in prize money as it celebrates its 40th anniversary this year — the driving force of the WTA’s 40 Love campaign.

“Quite a 40 years of empowerment and unprecedented growth for women’s tennis,” WTA CEO Stacey Allaster said. “Here we are in 2013: Billie’s dream. Any girl in the world that wants to play professional tennis would have the opportunity. Players are living the dream, even people like me.”

The sport has clearly evolved over the years.

From King beating Bobby Riggs in the “Battle of the Sexes” in 1973 and the WTA signing its first television deal with CBS a year later, to women achieving equal prize money for all four Grand Slams in 2007.

The play, too, has changed. Players are stronger, faster and more powerful.

“So much, especially physically,” said 30-year-old Daniela Hantuchova after her match Monday at the New Haven Open. “Everyone is fit these days and very professional. Only thing that’s missing, the finesse of the game: using the whole court, the drop shot, the angles, the lobs. These days it’s so fast you don’t really have time for any of that. It’s a little bit unfortunate, but it is what it is. You just have to adjust.”

Furthermore, check out the list of the 10 highest-paid female athletes. Of the 10, seven are tennis players, including the top four. Maria Sharapova ($29 million), Serena Williams ($20.5 million) and Li Na ($18.2 million) head the list, proving, perhaps, tennis is the leader in women’s professional sports.
The endorsement deals seem endless. The sport has opened up other avenues for players like Sharapova, who has become a successful entrepreneur with her brand of sweets called Sugarpova.

This generation is grateful for those who paved the way.

“I’m happy that it’s happening,” 21-year-old Simona Halep said. “I want to thank everyone that’s supported it. I want to play and keep helping grow the WTA.”

As for the future, Allaster hopes to grow the WTA even more globally. India, Asia-Pacific and younger consumers are priorities. Singapore will host the WTA’s season-ending championships from 2014-2018.

“Marrying the global world and the sport,” Allaster said. “Continue to nurture and grow. This was the vision 40 years ago.”

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 22. August 2013 02:21 

Local Time:
Today's New Time Weekend: Expression of Daniela Hantuchova:
"I prefer to help everyone and everywhere. Charite I have been for several years, especially in Cambodia, where I have a project called House of Smile and within it I care about 60 children who are HIV positive . Together with my brother, they not only provide medicines and medical treatment, as well as food and accommodation ...Charity makes me fills in the future I would like this area pay more."

Question to Daniela: Just recently you took pictures with a fashion designer and photographer Luke Kimličky the charity calendar ....
"All proceeds from the sale will go directly to Cambodia. But not only that: For the first time I come to their fans with my own line of t-shirts and caps, of which I am looking forward, because they can buy directly at being able to choose where the coins will go to pay, and so they too become part of the project, which will help . "

Buying T-shirts and baseball caps from the original collection of Daniela Hantuchova and can also support projects VŠZaSP St. Elizabeth for HIV positive children in Cambodia are working actively Tropical team doctors from universities and university staff.

@google translate

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 22. August 2013 04:00 

Local Time:
|12. May 2024| 11:20
Daniela was asked months ago about the lack of a 2013 calendar. I recall that she promised there would be one for 2014. Unlike most politicians, especially here in the US, Daniela keeps her promises! :)

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 22. August 2013 16:32 

Local Time:
Brazilian interview with Martina where she talks about her comeback, tennis and playing with Daniela.

08/21/2013 11h00 - Updated 21/08/2013 11h28
Exclusive: Martina Hingis reveals that returned feeling 'hunger' in tennis
Playing only doubles tournament, Swiss places no deadline for new retirement and guarantees that he will not play at simple: 'Absolutely'

In the back on the court, in early August, and Daniela Hingis lost in the second round of the WTA Carlsbad, California (USA). Then the WTA Toronto, Canada, the pair fell in the second round. Martina Hingis has not imposed a deadline to retire again.

- Not a week heavy can be run ... No, I really enjoyed playing again, I have a great partner, Daniela Hantuchova, played a few tournaments with it in 2007, I know her for so long, it came to me that there are three, four months and asked me not want to play double me? I said give me some time, I think ... also played tennis for the team and that helped.

Then, when asked about how you feel physically, the Swiss joked: "Do not ask me that, some days better than others, but it's been cool." On the eve of the U.S. Open, the SporTV2 broadcasts starting next Monday, the 26th, when it will also be determined by draw of key pairs, Hingis stated that the expectation is just the next game.

- We start playing the game, tournament tournament, like to play. Daniela has always been a great player and it was she who brought me back, so it's been a great journey so far - concluded Martina Hingis.

+ video interview in english @ google translate

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 23. August 2013 17:07 

Local Time:
Prince ‏@Prince_Tennis 1h
It will be a big night at #PrinceNYC tonight. @dhantuchova will be hanging out at 7pm. Come by and meet Daniela. pic.twitter.com/bShJseUWR9

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 26. August 2013 16:45 

Local Time:
Hantuchova Remembers Finesse in Women’s Tennis, and Misses It
By DAVID COX

Daniela Hantuchova has played professional tennis in three decades, from her time as a fresh-faced teenager to her years as a tour veteran, and has encountered some of the sport’s greatest champions. It might be a strange feeling to see so many former travel companions and rivals now well into their tennis dotage, their competitive spirits confined to the hit-and-giggle stuff that is the senior tour, but Hantuchova said she tried to see the funny side.

“Sometimes they make fun of me because they’re playing Legends matches and I’m still playing the real stuff,” Hantuchova, 30, said. “It makes us laugh, but they support me. After I won a title in Birmingham earlier this year, I got so many messages from them, and I really appreciate that because we all go a long way back. It’s great to keep in touch with those girls because we had so many great matches and we respect each other so much.”

But Hantuchova’s longevity has also reminded some of those players that they may still be capable of winning on the WTA Tour. After a bit of coaxing, she persuaded her close friend and former doubles partner Martina Hingis to make her second comeback, and the two are competing together at the United States Open.

Hantuchova, who is unseeded in singles at the Open, turned pro in 1999, the year Hingis reached the singles final at Flushing Meadows for the last time. The champion then was Serena Williams, and Hantuchova can barely believe that a decade and a half later, Williams shows no sign of slowing down.

“It’s simply incredible what she’s done,” she said. “She’s been a great influence on women’s tennis and absolutely a great champion.”

Over the course of Hantuchova’s career, the game has changed immeasurably, perhaps more so than in any 14 years of the sport. Hantuchova has had to continuously adjust.

“Since I started, it’s definitely become so much more physical and much, much faster,” she said. “All the girls are in such great shape, and the average age of the top 100 is much older than in 1999.

“I have had to adapt. It took a lot of effort and a lot of time to figure it out on and off the court, and it’s not been easy, but the first thing you have to do is to accept it. Then you have to try to do anything you can to raise your level and get used to the speed of the ball.”

In Hantuchova’s view, there is an element of the women’s game that seems lost: the touch, anticipation, court craft and intelligence of players like Hingis and Arantxa Sánchez Vicario.

“What I do miss is the finesse of the game,” Hantuchova said. “That’s disappeared, and it’s understandable because of the speed we are playing at now. But I do miss that very much, because I think it was part of the beauty of tennis.”

Of the current crop, perhaps only Agnieszka Radwanska has the imagination to rival Hingis’s at her best. But there is a demand for that kind of tennis from the spectators. Hingis’s return has generated a great deal of interest, and last year Radwanska was voted the fan favorite at the WTA Awards.

Hantuchova is a former award winner herself, having been named most improved player in 2002, when she won the Indian Wells title on her way to a No. 5 world ranking. Eleven years later, she is just as motivated by the desire to improve.

“I play for the love of the game,” she said. “I really enjoy every second I can be on the court and just giving my best and seeing where my limits are. The adrenaline of winning a tournament is still unbelievable and keeps me going now.”

Currently ranked 48th, Hantuchova believes she can return to the top 10 and insists she would retire if that were not the case. Nevertheless, like many of the tour’s older players, she finds that the relentless travel tends to sap her motivation.

“What does happen a lot is that you wake up and you have not a clue where you are,” she said, laughing. “I come down to breakfast, and they ask me for the room number, and I tell them some number from last week because I still think I’m somewhere else.”

She did not imagine when she began that her career would last so long, she said.

“I once said to my family, my friends, if I’m still playing when I’m 30, just kick me out of the court,” she said. “But I feel really blessed that I can still do this, and as long as I’m healthy and enjoying the game, I don’t see a reason why not to.”

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 26. August 2013 20:02 

Local Time:
|12. May 2024| 11:20
A terrific article about a wonderful player and an even better person.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 1. September 2013 17:45 

Local Time:
In today's tennis I miss more humility, says Hantuchova
Matej Grošek, New York | 01.09.2013 12:15
With Izraelčankou Gluškovovou play the 3:6, 2:5 and 0:30, but refer! "I'm proud of how I managed the game mentally," saying Daniela Hantuchova.

Matches are played in difficult conditions - in New York it was 28 degrees Celsius, humidity close to 80%. Yet you yourself have found the strength to ward off four mečbalov ...
I did not expect to be such a struggle to win. On the court, I felt more like 28 degrees. Very difficult to me to breathe. Although I did not play the best tennis, but those I did not deal at all. It was essential that in every exchange I gave everything.

What you thought when mečbaloch grueling?
Honestly, even I did not realize that they had so many. Brother to me after the game said he was four. I was in such a daze that I have played the ball as usual.

During the match, you receive spasms. It was precisely due to high humidity?
Apparently so. With so something because normally I do not have problems. I tried to drink a lot, but it did not help me much.

What do you know about surplice before the game?
Neither one of the female players, against whom I have the tournament started, I have not seen before. Even Gluškovovú I just looked at the video and I knew that I was waiting for challenging combat. At this stage of the tournament has played well for everyone. It does not matter what name you standing over the court.

How much time do you spend on creating a relatively unknown toys?
An hour, maybe two. No need to overdo it, though young players are always very uncomfortable. Majority have nothing to lose.

It seems that this year will the U.S. Open was perfect and good luck with lottery tickets.
I'm glad I have a chance to use. However, I must admit that it was not easy matches. Especially the second round with a home Duval took me a lot of mental strength.

What's your fitness?
I am well prepared. For training we're working really the way of which now I draw.

The eight will you call home Riskeovú. What game do you expect?
I played with her in Birmingham. It's very annoying toys, excellent running around, a very fast strikes, it will be a very difficult match. On paper it does not look so indeed, but the opposite is true.

U.S. Open you played the doubles alongside Martina Hingis. It was the experience?
Yes, for sure. Martina is a great champion, on the court we have great time together. Too bad that we dropped the outset, but we had bad luck on the ticket when we received the highest seeded pair. In other circumstances, we could go far.

How did you convince her to return?
At Roland Garros in Paris, I asked whether we would still not warmed up together. Then said she'd think about it and I'm glad she decided to return. For tennis is very good. And of course the fans.

What is Hingis deblových partner?
There is still exceptional, just the way the game reads. Once a champion of someone, it will be forever. Tennis incredibly mean, able to talk about it hours.

You can also sit down humanely?
Both are respected, we understand. Perhaps this is due to the fact that we are born in places away ten minutes apart (laughs).

At the U.S. Open for the first time you played in 2000, has since changed this tournament?
In particular, the quality of tennis. Once the first three or four rounds just to kick the. Now, when the player is not one hundred percent ready physically and concentrated on every game, so hardly bear victories.

The New York Times you a little posťažovali that you miss tennis for the times when you started. What do you miss most and what you find in today's tennis does not smell?
Before the toys, especially those of the top ten, one second each weighed. Between them was greater humility. Now the young tennis players often do not behave as they should be. This is because, as held and in what environment growing up. They should realize that they are lucky that they can make a living playing tennis. It would not hurt if you appreciate it more.

You will be surprised abrupt end Bartoli?
Certainly surprised everyone. Apparently even France itself (laughs). However, I think that a year is back.

At the tournament in Carlsbad are twice defeated Peschke 6:0. Do you remember in your career at the same result - perhaps in the opposite garde?
Assuredly not, until then I did not win that way, but it does not lose either.

Council you play golf, you get to it during the U.S. tour?
Not at all. It'll keep for later, when you say goodbye to New York.

In San Diego you before the game waited MLB baseball honors and should have the first opportunity he suggested. You should not have stage fright?
Not really. Before I bowled trénigovej rehearsed in the hall. In addition, players have previously pointed out that I gave careful because on youtube are various celebrity trials that are not slick. I was among them, fortunately, did not list.

Do you have after so many years profiokruhu still some tennis dreams?
I want to first of all have fun playing tennis. Especially since I'm doing it. In any case, it is not yet the beginning of my end.
@ google translate

- video interview in Slovak

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Talk about Daniela

Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 75  Next