Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 278 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 19  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Grand Slam Champion
 Post subject: Re: The Championships, Wimbledon
PostPosted: 22. June 2011 10:57 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 12:10
if it will be raining today i think we didn't see daniela today. but that will be good for her :)

btw: i got no tennis tickets for olympia 2012 in london :( :( wanted to have ground pass tickets and 1 day at center court
got only tickets for athletics and equestrian(dressage) . But better this than nothing ^^

at the moment(12:00) it is very windy and rainy in wimbledon...

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 22. June 2011 12:30 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 11:10
i got no tennis tickets for olympia 2012 in london :( :( wanted to have ground pass tickets and 1 day at center court
Me neither. Who knew so many people liked tennis...

12:30 and no chance of play any time soon. I think the schedulers have been kind to Daniela, probably in part because of her solid results at the French, in Birmingham, and in Eastbourne. They know she has the potential to do well here and they know that she's slightly injured so I'm sure they are trying to give her as much recovery time as they can.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 22. June 2011 12:51 

Local Time:
I doubt the schedulers had Daniela specifically in mind when deciding the order of play-if they cared that much about her they would have put her on a televised court for her first round match. Hanging around in limbo til 5.30pm isn't ideal preparation either.

Still it is good to see her catch a break for once

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 22. June 2011 13:14 

Local Time:
I doubt the schedulers had Daniela specifically in mind when deciding the order of play-if they cared that much about her they would have put her on a televised court for her first round match. Hanging around in limbo til 5.30pm isn't ideal preparation either.
Putting her on a televised court would have mean she was near guaranteed to play. A TBA gets you either a peak, dinner-time slot for British television (possibly on a show court), or you'll get delayed to the next day. For Daniela that is a good scheduling in my oppinion, and I think her team will have requested a later start, and I'd say given her recent form the club has granted her that.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 22. June 2011 13:33 

Local Time:
It's a double-edged sword-a player can basically be bundled off to whichever court is available-like Ivanovic was yesterday. It has always been the case that the players they favour get the show courts,and Daniela was passed over two days in a row.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 22. June 2011 13:45 

Local Time:
They are obviously aware that they only have one place on Centre and one place on No.1 Court for ladies matches, and then two on the other show courts. Obviously there are more good women's matches than spaces available. They hold back some of the good matches in the hope that play will finish early on the main courts. That's why Sharapova was kept back yesterday. Similarly Laura Robson was held back and eventually cancelled. Ivanovic is, at the end of the day, the number 18 seed and doesn't have the best record at Wimbledon, so despite her popularity she's never going to get a place on one of the main two courts out right until the latter stages of the tournament (if she were to get there). She is though, going to be favoured over many other players in getting a show court later in the day. As it happened, she did end up on 12, which is a show court. It's not like she was thrown onto court 9. Daniela is popular in Britain and has been playing well, so she is going to get favoured over some of the other low seeds. Being a TBA is, quite often, a compliment.

The main point is that Daniela is not 100% fit and so a later start, and perhaps even no start, will bode well for her chances against Erakovic and, if she wins, Azarenka (most likely).

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 22. June 2011 14:05 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 06:10
I agree that TBA is a compliment. Last year in the first round Daniela was TBA and was eventually placed on court no. 1. I also feel the organizers are being kind to Daniela and keeping her injury in mind. Intentionally giving her time to rest based on her FO and current grass performance. I believe I read somewhere once that the players have more influence over scheduling than people think.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 22. June 2011 14:19 

Local Time:
unbelievable! date-krumm takes first set 7-6 with her 8 sp! and after a 5-1 lead
she plays fantastic tennis

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 22. June 2011 14:30 

Local Time:
My point is that Daniela's scheduling is more luck than judgement-without the rain she would still have had to play on Monday and today. Last year she was thrown on Court 1 at the end of the day and played rubbish, playing much better the next day at a regular time. Like I said,it's a double-edged sword.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 22. June 2011 14:58 

Local Time:
daniela now scheduled on court 18!

15:00 start

Gentlemen's Singles - 2nd Round
Simone Bolelli(ITA)vs.Stanislas Wawrinka(SUI)[14]

Gentlemen's Singles - 1st Round
Ernests Gulbis(LAT)vs Dmitry Tursunov(RUS) To Finish 3-6 6-3 5-5

Ladies' Singles - 2nd Round
Daniela Hantuchova(SVK)[25]vs.Marina Erakovic(NZL)

covers are off and play will start soon
but i'm in doubt that she will get on court today...

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 22. June 2011 15:04 

Local Time:
They have GOT to prioritise the 1st round matches. Initially they had laura robson 3rd on today which is completely ridiculous as some players would have already gotten to the 3rd round before laura even stepped out on court. I hope the revised this..

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 22. June 2011 15:37 

Local Time:
They have GOT to prioritise the 1st round matches. Initially they had laura robson 3rd on today which is completely ridiculous as some players would have already gotten to the 3rd round before laura even stepped out on court. I hope the revised this..
From what I can see they've cancelled quite alot of the doubles matches. Robson has been moved from 18 to 16 (second on there, as opposed to third on 18). Azarenka has moved from 12 to 15. Most courts now have three matches as opposed to four.

Daniela has to wait a maximum of seven-and-a-bit sets before she gets on court 18...

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 22. June 2011 15:46 

Local Time:
i got no tennis tickets for olympia 2012 in london :( :( wanted to have ground pass tickets and 1 day at center court
Me neither. Who knew so many people liked tennis...

...and me neither. I applied for the first 4 days of the OG tournament and received no tickets at all...

Fortunately, I'm spending the rest of this week in London and (possibly) could see her if she plays on ground courts :?:

Profile WWW

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 22. June 2011 16:11 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 06:10
daniela now scheduled on court 18!

15:00 start

Gentlemen's Singles - 2nd Round
Simone Bolelli(ITA)vs.Stanislas Wawrinka(SUI)[14]

Gentlemen's Singles - 1st Round
Ernests Gulbis(LAT)vs Dmitry Tursunov(RUS) To Finish 3-6 6-3 5-5

Ladies' Singles - 2nd Round
Daniela Hantuchova(SVK)[25]vs.Marina Erakovic(NZL)

covers are off and play will start soon
but i'm in doubt that she will get on court today...

I think she'll get to play today. I love court 18, my favorite court there.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 22. June 2011 17:44 

Local Time:
yeah i think so too now :mrgreen: i thought it will be raining today again... but perhaps no

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 278 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 19  Next