Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 96 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: Internazionali BNL d'Italia, Rome
PostPosted: 12. May 2011 15:11 

Local Time:
|3. May 2024| 09:28
Can't watch the match but seems like error fest from danka yet again..she's got to somehow get thru these tight matches. She rarely does that these days.

blue webmaster
PostPosted: 12. May 2011 15:19 

Local Time:
|3. May 2024| 08:28
once again break points for Danka!
got it! 3-3.

Don't lose your serve again...

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 12. May 2011 15:22 

Local Time:
|3. May 2024| 03:28
I can't watch the match and the SB is so damn slow I can't handle it. Wish the streams would work on my computer, but all I get is darkness. Hopefully she can stay calm and play smart tennis. I'm sure the crowd isn't helping things.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 12. May 2011 15:26 

Local Time:
|3. May 2024| 18:28
Regardless of how this 3rd set turns out, i have to admit i'm impressed with the way Daniela has come back.

"Talent is one step away from being lazy" -- Daniela Hantuchova

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 12. May 2011 15:39 

Local Time:
ah! the live stream just cut out!!

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 12. May 2011 15:46 

Local Time:
Not entirely sure what just happened as i can't get the live stream to work, but Daniela is now down 5-6... she was 30-0 in her service game at 5-5 too. gah

hellene fan
PostPosted: 12. May 2011 15:53 

Local Time:
i am devastated,so sad for daniela :( :( :(

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 12. May 2011 15:54 

Local Time:
Another all too familiar gut-wrenching loss for Daniela. I'm very irritated that the live stream cut out... would have been nice to see the end. Hard to tell if it was some inspired play from Schiavone or Daniela piling on some errors that was decisive.

It's a real pity because Daniela would have had somewhat of a chance against Stosur given how tight their last two matches have been... not to mention the ranking points.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 12. May 2011 15:56 

Local Time:
Schiavone takes the match, 7-5 in the third. Considering how much momentum Schiavone had going into the final set I’m quite surprised Daniela managed to hang in and take it to 5-5.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 12. May 2011 16:02 

Local Time:
Another tough loss-Daniela played really well for the most part but gift-wrapped that final break of serve.

Really poor form from Daniela in not shaking the umpires hand. I know she was on the wrong end of some very tight calls but there were no mistakes as far as I could see.

We know how much Daniela loves Rome and I can't help but thinking that the barracking she was receiving from the citizens of this city she adores so much really got to her in the end. :cry:

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 12. May 2011 16:25 

Local Time:
|3. May 2024| 03:28
She didn't shake umpires hand? When was the last time that happened? Brisbane against Savay? I know she didn't shake the umps hand at New Haven in '07 when she lost to Savay.

Where will her ranking be? Any chance of a seed at Roland Garros? Is she playing Strasbourg?

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 12. May 2011 18:12 

Local Time:
|3. May 2024| 16:28
i;m so sad Dani lose this match...I thought after the first set she's going to win..

I so f***ing hate Fransexa....urgggghhh...

well just happy that she made it up to round of 16..what will be her ranking then?

mOnmOn

Profile YIM

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 12. May 2011 18:27 

Local Time:
It's really disappointing and frustrating that Daniela played well and fought hard against one of the top players and had a great chance to win but came up just short. A win against one of the top players would do so much for Daniela's confidence and belief because she's fit and playing well. This has to be so frustrating for her but hopefully she takes the positives from the past few weeks that she's beating the players that she should beat and she's competitive with the top players who she can beat. Playing in front of a partisan home crowd was a big boost for Schiavone and didn't help Daniela's cause too much.

The usual suspects are on their high horse.

Hantuchová was after losing to Schiavone disappointed. "Just play with the world's top five I am very sorry, because I was close to victory. I started off great in the first sete I played great and everything was based on me. In the second act I made ​​some chybičiek, as rival invariably used, not in vain is the fifth in the world. She started to play more aggressively, on the contrary I was too far behind the baseline. In the third set I struggled and I managed to turn around 4:3. Big shame for the state game of 5:5, when I'm at its administration resulted in 30:0, but alone I'm losing it. I missed a great chance," said Hantuchova, who had against him not only a strong rival, but also the turbulent Italian audience. "Especially in the third set it was from the home fans really brutal and in some moments and unfair. It is indeed normal, when the clay is one look where you're hitting the ball. I was already clear before the game that the Italians will do everything possible to Francesca went on, but I can not make excuses for it, the atmosphere was fantastic, the audience created a boiler and also to properly vyhecovalo me," said Hantuchova, who in Rome confirmed the increasing form before Roland Garros. "To the elite sixteen appreciate, but I regret that, as in Stuttgart against Samantha Stosur again I lost a close match. Neither lot to me too indirect, I hope that once it breaks. Before Paris, I would still have to start the tournament in Strasbourg, but still do not know if I go there. Even during today's duel has a pobolievali weaknesses. It is important that I was fresh at Roland Garros."
@ google translation.

"I started really cool, everything was based on me and showing off exactly like tennis, which I play on clay. With that introduction I'm very happy. I have shown a concentrated, I went for the ball ball. In the second set and lost a few chybičiek Francesca is caught . Of course, for something is in the top five rankings. pushed me, I played everything at baseline. In the third set I tried to play again a little more aggressive and sometimes I possibly could be a little more patient, but it's hard to say because she would about then used. Damage that conclusion, there I have to state for 5:5 when losing my serve alone. It's frustrating because I played well. I do not know when such a breakthrough has already lost close," sighed Daniela Hantuchova.
@ google translation

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 12. May 2011 22:22 

Local Time:
Poor Daniela, she really derserves to win a close match soon. What an atmosphere though, incredible, but the Italian crowd were really against Daniela.

One of these days it will happen for Daniela, I just know it. She can win a Grand Slam, just keep believing Daniela. :hearts:

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 13. May 2011 11:12 

Local Time:
|3. May 2024| 16:28
She's playing well and I thought she will win against Fransexa... :x

Well atleast she is playing well...hope it will consistent....

will she play Strasbourg?

mOnmOn

Profile YIM

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 96 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next