Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Fed Cup World Group 1st Round. Slovakia v Czech Republic.
PostPosted: 30. January 2011 16:12 

Local Time:
|9. May 2024| 10:55
Date: 05 February - 06 February 2011
Day 1: 1400hrs (1300hrs GMT)
Day 2: 1200hrs (1100hrs GMT)
Surface: Hard (Latex-ite), Indoors
Ball Type: Wilson Australian Open

SLOVAKIA 2 - 3 CZECH REPUBLIC

Saturday
R1: Lucie Safarova (CZE) bt Daniela Hantuchova (SVK) 7-5 6-1
R2: Petra Kvitova (CZE) bt Dominika Cibulkova (SVK) 6-2 6-3

Sunday
R3: Petra Kvitova (CZE) bt Daniela Hantuchova (SVK) 6-4 6-2
R4: Jana Cepelova (SVK) bt Lucie Safarova (CZE) 4-6 7-6(5) retired
R5: Jana Cepelova/Magdalena Rybarikova (SVK) bt Barbora Zahlavova Strycova/Kveta Peschke (CZE) 6-1 4-6 7-6(4)

SLOVAKIA:
Daniela HANTUCHOVA
Dominika CIBULKOVA
Magdalena RYBARIKOVA
Jana CEPELOVA
Team Captain: Matej LIPTAK

CZECH REPUBLIC:
Petra KVITOVA
Lucie SAFAROVA
Barbora ZAHLAVOVA STRYCOVA
Kveta PESCHKE
Team Captain: Petr PALA

TIE PREVIEW
The Czechs have a perfect 3-0 record over neighbours Slovak Republic, having met in 2000, 2007 and 2008. The two nations played under the same flag until 1994.

Slovak Republic competes in the World Group of the competition for the first time in seven years, having earned its place in the top tier by defeating Serbia 3-2 in the decisive fifth rubber of their World Group play-off in Belgrade last April. The Slovaks have won their last four ties on home ground, their last defeat at home being to the Czechs in the 2007 World Group II first round.

Czech Republic has reached the Fed Cup semifinals for the last two years, losing out to USA in 2009 and Italy in 2010. 2009 marked the first time in 12 years that the Czechs had gone beyond the first round of the World Group competition. They have won the title on five occasions but not since 1988.

www.fedcup.com

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
 Post subject: Re: Fed Cup World Group 1st Round. Slovakia v Czech Republic
PostPosted: 30. January 2011 17:16 

Local Time:
|9. May 2024| 11:55

Czech Republic has reached the Fed Cup semifinals for the last two years, losing out to USA in 2009 and Italy in 2010. 2009 marked the first time in 12 years that the Czechs had gone beyond the first round of the World Group competition. They have won the title on five occasions but not since 1988.

so slovakia have won five occasions too (+2002), because it was czechoslovak team :)

DANIELA HANTUCHOVÁ * MARIA SHARAPOVA * DOMINIKA CIBULKOVÁ * SERENA WILLIAMS * ANNA KAROLÍNA SCHMIEDLOVÁ * ANA IVANOVIC
ROGER FEDERER * DAVID FERRER * ANDY RODDICK * PAUL-HENRI MATHIEU * LLEYTON HEWITT

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 31. January 2011 23:29 

Local Time:
|9. May 2024| 20:55
Daniela usually plays well in fed cup. Hopefully she can notch up her first win of the season and get the ball rolling.

"Talent is one step away from being lazy" -- Daniela Hantuchova

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 1. February 2011 18:44 

Local Time:
Hantuchova: Decide the home environment
TASR, 02/01/2011 13:42, Tennis

Slovak tennis player on Tuesday preparing for the first weekend meeting round World Group Fed Cup against the Czech Republic already in a complete composition. After Daniela Hantuchova, Dominika Cibulkova and Jane Čepelovej the hardcourt Premier in Bratislava NTC first tried and Magdalena Rybarikova, which had in recent days, less intestinal viraemia.

"Preparation was officially launched on Monday lunch together, where we said a plan for the whole week, and organizational matters. Daniela, Dominique and Karl has trained on Monday. On Tuesday, to join us and Magdalena Rybarikova, who was returning from smaller Australian Open health problems," Slovak said Captain Matthew Liptak.

Slovak unit in the Czech Republic will play against Hantuchova, which slowed down the start of the season left Achilles tendon injury. Now, however, already feels a hundred percent fit. "I try to record what I lost in early and get into a good pace. This is not easy, but every day it improves. Therefore, the Czech's will be tough and balanced match. Kvitová Peter is now in excellent form, as confirmed by the procedure in the Australian Open quarterfinals. He plays beautiful tennis coercive, very well made. domestic environment may be crucial. It is great that both days will be sold. We rely on the support of Slovak fans,"said Hantuchova.

Cibulkova off against United in the Federation Cup for the third time and believes that the team is eager sloveksý first victory against a former federal rivals. "After returning from the Australian Open I was a bit cold, I gave a couple of days off, but already fully booked from Saturday to train together my personal coach Zeljko compatriots. With Lucie Safarova got mixed results so far and I hope you keep it even after Bratislava duel. WITH Peter Kvitova I played in January at a tournament in Brisbane and I lost. I thought that everything will go alone and played I was too passive. I believe that I learn from this match took lessons. We have experienced team than the last two matches with the Czech Republic and I believe we will succeed at home," said Cibulkova.

According Lipták will duel against the Czech Republic for two prestigious teams. "If we win it, we can kick it right in this year's edition of the Fed Cup we can get very far. But we must go from match to match. Do not rule out that against the Czech Republic to decide the final doubles," said Liptak.

Saturday's singles champions will kick off at 14.00. On Sunday, from 12.00 on the agenda are the final singles and doubles. Umpire German Sören Friemel, the role of arbitrators shall be presented empajrových Grékyňa Eva Asderakiová and Frenchman Emmanuel Joseph. It is played with balls Wilson Australian Open.

In the Fed's history goes to the fourth head match both teams head to head games in all so far have been successful Czech. In the final battle in the 1st Round II. World Group at the Brno exhibition grounds in February 2008 Pálová zverenky just won 3-2, when it had decided to triumph in the doubles final. In 2007 the Slovaks lost on clay in NTC 0:5. Slovak tennis player will present the Fed Cup elite after a seven-year break. Participation among the best number eight won last April, thanks to 3-2 victory over Serbia at the Belgrade Arena.

@ google translation. Link also has a video of Daniela and the rest of the Slovak team talking about the tie.

- short video interview with Daniela.

Hantuchova takes duel against the Czech Republic as springboard

Hantuchova takes match against the Czech Republic as a springboard.
more obrázokAutor: TASR
17:32 | Today | SITA

Bratislava - Slovak tennis player Daniela Hantuchova before the weekend's derby Bratislava with Czech in the first quarter-final round Fed Cup on the eve of 30th Anniversary Victory in this competition.

Premiere singles success attributed to the 29th already April 2000 just in the duel with the team against the Czech Republic in Incheba Kveta Peschke, then still Hrdlickova.

"I played well. Even when we finally lost? The sprouts ..." rozosmiala Hantuchova during the utorňajšej press conference. "It is hard to catch me in mind. I remember as the short hair I had ... I was very looking forward to the match. Amortised I have no inhibitions to court and I enjoyed it. It's really unbelievable how many years already has passed," the Fed zaspomínala Representative.

Podpora viewers
Fed Cup winner 2002 Slovaks have a balance with the Czech 0-3, Hantuchova in the final defeat in the 2008 season in Brno was missing.

Read also: Slovaks want to delete zero victories in box

"I feel that whenever they play against us, have a great team and are in excellent form. Maybe if we had met before, it would have been different," Hantuchova said in one breath and said: "Only us even more motivated That we have finally broken the ice hockey players than once. It should be included. We will do everything for it and with a little luck this could succeed. One of the main reasons for which we can think of to win is to encourage viewers. SUPERKOV have a better team on paper But I believe that fans galvanize us, poured us energy. If we win over the Czech, it would be a huge success, but in this report, we think of the success against any team. It would be nice to repeat the overall victory."

Soul tackle long
Hantuchova left Achilles tendon injury for the Christmas period forcibly absent in Brisbane and she now only two duels in which it failed.

"I take this match with the Czech Republic as a springboard and start something new. I will try to play as best as I can. Home my season was not so at all what I imagined, but on the Fed Cup is the motivation and responsibility, moreover, when I play for the whole country."

Zverenkyňa Slovak team captain Matej Lipták Hantuchova admitted that the recent incapacitation zronila it considerably. "It was to defeat a soul I've dealt with a very long time. "stupidest" came in injury time as possible. When something happens in the middle of a season, a lot of tournaments, one can at least relax. But now I had had the whole two-month training, I just maka and I wanted to prove to the court, let it show. Instead, I have two weeks had landed a leg and I could not do anything. It voted to Brisbane to me very difficult. Even before Sydney doctors did not want too, so I went to play. At least I caught the match practice. Melbourne was the result of all this," said Hantuchova at the end.

@ google translation.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 2. February 2011 09:43 

Local Time:
I think daniela will be able to beat safarova but kvitova will be too much. It's going to be a great contest either way. Do we know if daniela is confirmed for pattaya?

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 2. February 2011 15:01 

Local Time:

Same interview as above but with some videos.

@ eddy. Daniela's confirmed, she's down on the website:

Hantuchova: The audience relies heavily
02.02.2011 00:00, Tennis

Daniela Hantuchova: "We are working mainly to record what I lost in the beginning of the year"

Daniela Hantuchova is led by team captain and a personal trainer Mateja Lipták prepared well yesterday with the patch cures leg. (Photo: MILAN ILLÍK)
Team-unit of Slovakia in Fed Cup match against the Czech Republic Daniela Hantuchova (32nd worldwide). The year was difficult. To the left Achilles tendon injury had odriecť start of the tournament in Brisbane. These difficulties were subsequently signed by the defeat in the first Cycling in Sydney with the Spaniard Martinez-Sanchez and also in the 1st round of the Australian Open with Russian Kulikovovou. Despite the unflattering and balance problems came 27-year-old native of Poprad official press conference yesterday Slovak team well tuned.

Try to summarize your current preparation for a weekend duel.
"So far everything goes as it should. Given my earlier return of the Australian Open I have already made a long preparation. Mostly I try to upload what I lost in the beginning of the year. The thing that I came into being, at the optimum pace. "

Against the Czech Republic is waiting for a challenging battle. What role will play a home environment?
'Support view tends to be very important, especially now that they expect a balanced match. For viewers rely heavily. We believe that the atmosphere is great as always. My players will try to give good performance. "

You do not have a problem with tickets for the next and friends?
"Most assuredly yes. Need another thirty. "

What are meeting against the Czech tennis player?
"The Petula Kvitova I mentioned very hard against it, I still played. I know it only from the training. It is a great talent, great report, playing pressure. For the last year or two is almost unbelievably improved. Plays tennis so, what is now the play. Lucie Safarova is awkward player, duels against him were serious. Matches ahead of us on a higher, level ', we have to put everything into it. "

Do you think that if you win over a strong Czech, you can get in this year the Fed Cup?
"It is difficult to make such a bold statement, because then I could say that if at some tournament win first round match, then win the entire tournament. Should be considered by the meeting to the meeting, against United since the match to match. Certainly, with such a cooperative, what we have, we can beat anybody, but first we must beat nearest rival. "

What is the largest concentration of workouts? What do you feel that you have now further improved?
"We need to work on something, there is still room for improvement. In addition, transfer from outside the hall is always difficult. "

Already in Melbourne during the Australian Open have complained that due to health problems you're missing wrestling practice. What training do you do to regain it?
"The actual game will not replace anything. For training but at least we play often on points, simulating the most match situations. It is not ideal, as I came into this year, but I accept it. I have a few more days. I hope it will be fine. "

We compared with the previous battle against the Czech Republic is now a greater chance of victory?
"Every match is different, but just for Czech I feel that whenever they have to start against us, are in good shape. Even in the past played very well, then had a great Vaidisova, now it's Peter again Kvitová. Before about a year might not be as strong as now. Although I argue that in Fedcupe is always 50:50. Mainly, that we passed, what is within us. "

What are your relations with Czech tennis player, given that our Republic were once common state?
"Petra and Lucia are very nice baby. I take them but like the other girls on the circuit. Others is perhaps the fact that we communicate in our languages. When we meet, to enjoy, but then goes their separate ways for their own obligations. "
@ google translation.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 3. February 2011 19:09 

Local Time:
Under the current Essex Emerald in Captivity Slovakia's position two, but in the Fed Cup showdown still led unit Daniela Hantuchova of the Slovak-Czech rivalry, said: "I feel that whenever they play against us, have a great team and are in excellent form. Just us but that does not more motivated, so we finally break the ice hockey players than ever before. I would be included. We will do everything for it and with a little luck this could succeed. One of the main reasons for which we can think of to win is to encourage viewers. SUPERKOV are paper- better team, but I believe that fans galvanize us, poured us energy. If we win over the Czech, it would be a huge success, but in this report, we think of the success against any team." @google translation.

We'll see what happens in this. A lot will depend on Daniela's fitness and hopefully she's fit and can do herself justice and not exacerbate anything.

Kvitova's coming into this tie in great form as she played very well in Australia and crushed Cibulkova in Brisbane. Kvitova's power baseline game could give Daniela a lot of problems but Kvitova's been a very streaky player in the past as she also got to the semi-final at Wimbledon then lost her next five matches. If Kvitova plays like she did in Australia she's going to be difficult to beat.

Safarova beat Daniela in the Fed Cup in 2007 but Daniela won the last meeting and that was indoors and Dominika's always beaten Safarova. I'd feel confident about a fit and confident Daniela playing Safarova but Safarova's a solid player and Daniela's had a lot of recent injury problems.

Recent Fed Cup ties have marked changes in fortune for Daniela. When Daniela beat Cornet in the Fed Cup two years ago it give her a big boost of confidence and she had some good wins and went up the rankings. Daniela was magnificent against Serbia last year but she got hurt in the process and that's affected her ever since. I really hope that this tie is the start of something really good for Daniela and gives her confidence and momentum for the coming months.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 3. February 2011 21:36 

Local Time:
Daniela hurt her shoulder before the Fed Cup tie against Serbia,which makes her performance even more impressive. Let's hope for a repeat display this year.

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Fed Cup World Group 1st Round. Slovakia v Czech Republic.
PostPosted: 4. February 2011 12:21 

Local Time:
|9. May 2024| 12:55
The draw

Saturday
Daniela Hantuchova vs. Lucie Safarova (14.00 CET)
followed by Dominika Cibulkova vs. Petra Kvitova

Sunday
Hantuchova vs. Kvitova (12.00 CET)
followed by Cibulkova vs. Safarova
followed by Hantuchova/Magdalena Rybarikova vs. Barbora Zahlavova-Strycova/Kveta Peschke

blue webmaster
PostPosted: 4. February 2011 12:42 

Local Time:
thanks!

hopefully there will be a good live stream!

:slovakia:

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 4. February 2011 16:28 

Local Time:
Hantuchova Safarova were aktérkami with initial singles in April 2007, when the Slovaks in the first duel Round II. World Group on clay in NTC lost to the Czech Republic 0:5. "The order of matches does not matter. Our goal is to get the opening day two, it would be great. I hope the good start and Dominica in the proceeding. What has happened four years ago, it absolutely does not address. For then duel with Lucie not properly remember, since I ran many games. Now it will be completely different. I'm ready and played three matches in doubles to start well. I hope that Achilles will last. In the past two weeks I worked hard mask. I believe that this would occur on the court," said Hantuchova.

Neither Cibulkova attributes great importance to the order of matches. Kvitova wants revenge the defeat of the January tournament WTA in Brisbane. "In Australia I used to playing the first match, but a second round is just fine. Petra, after a walkover in Brisbane may think that I am easily defeat and now what may be my advantage. I look forward to Slovak fans and great atmosphere. I heard they encourage us to come and Dominik Hrbaty, which is great. Domino saw a lot of my matches, in 2009 we were pleased with the leadership in Hopman Cup in Perth. I believe that now brings me luck," said Croatian coach Zeljko zverenka countryman.

Slovak captain Matthew Liptak expects a balanced and challenging game. "Each one will duel a specific article. It does not matter whether Dominika or Daniela begins. It is important to get three points. The balance of the two teams is likely to be decided in the doubles. Provisional I Deblov to nominate Daniela with Magda. Both played very well last year in Belgrade and won the decisive third point. but does not exclude that the composition deblového pair finally changed. Everything delusions depend on the action unfolds," said Liptak.
@ google translation.

"It does if I play first or second, every point is important. I go into the match with a team that should start well. We do not discuss either what was four years ago. It's a long time," spoke at a meeting with journalists Hantuchova.

Hantuchova is ready for three games
Our unit had wrestling in recent weeks, health problems, when treated with the Achilles tendon. "Such injuries are always annoying and nobody knows to say how when you emit, but odtrénovali have enough hours and I'm very well prepared for one, two, or three long matches."

In the second singles onset of world eighteen Petra Kvitova with Dominika Cibulkova.

Voice of onion was a little feel that the board started, but the struggle to build a professional and officially said that the order does not address. "After returning from Australia I have given four days off. Since then, however, I train two stages and I feel good. On the weekend I look forward to the match, although do not enter as the favorite, but we do everything to win."

Z watched the match with Kvitova wants to learn
Three weeks ago, Cibulkova lost quite clearly with Kvitova of the tournament in Brisbane, when played will be counted only four. "This game should help to me. I know what's Petra strong from what I have learned."

Kvitova match also does not want to underestimate the meeting three weeks ago does not attach great importance. "The match of the tournament and in the Fed Cup is the difference. On Saturday it will certainly be different and I can not underestimate anything. For I have good memories of Bratislava, in 2007, I played here on Ritro Slovak Open finals and I hope that I will continue to be such feelings."

Czech unit is very familiar with the Slovak team captain Matt Liptak, who coached her in her senior infancy. "Petra is an excellent player. Playing modern tennis duress. It has a great administration and improved and physically. What can pay for it, I'll keep to myself," Liptak said with a smile, which in recent months, personal trainer and Hantuchova.

Czech captain Petr Pal rejected the role of favorite. "The match will be balanced. All four players are on the charts like that. Certainly we're not favorite, chances are aligned," said Pal.
@ google translation.

- audio interviews with the players and coaches.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 4. February 2011 16:35 

Local Time:
thanks!

hopefully there will be a good live stream!

:slovakia:

Hopefully it doesn't get shut down by the US government.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 4. February 2011 20:44 

Local Time:
I think that Safarova's a better start for Daniela than Kvitova as Safarova doesn't have the same power and is probably a better match up than Kvitova. Plus, Daniela won the last meeting although that was in 2007. Safarova had some decent performances in Australia and beat Peer in Brisbane while it's difficult to know what sort of form Daniela's in as she's been hampered by injuries recently. Hopefully, she's fit and home support and patriotism can give her a boost.

Let's also hope Dominika learned something from Brisbane about how to play Kvitova.

I feel it's critical that Slovakia wins at least one match tomorrow because it'll be difficult to come back from 2-0 down.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 5. February 2011 13:42 

Local Time:
Hantuchova: I'm ready to match marathons

BRATISLAVA - Slovak tennis player Daniela Hantuchova, after four years of repeated Bratislava match with Czech Lucie Safarova postfederálneho derby at home in the Fed Cup. Then she lost 6-7 (1), 6:4, 3:6.

"I have to even remember that game. Since there were so many. The most important thing is always so well what comes next, so this weekend," said Daniela Hantuchova after Friday's ticket program and continued: "Waiting is usually worst on the Grand Slam tournaments, the which that difference may be due to men's matches and 4-5 hours. Then is it with the hit-and overall preparation for meeting difficult. Now it does not matter which of us will. It is important to try to get two points on Saturday. If we can do it, no matter in what order he is replacing. I i Dominika we will try best to prepare and pay maximum. I hope the atmosphere will help us and we can get together with fans to enjoy."

Hantuchova momentary form is due to health problems from the turn of the years biggest unknown. This season has to account for only 2 defeats, triumphs Petra Kvitova 9.
"I feel good. The preparation was very good and now it's about to pass it to court, when the need arises - especially in crucial moments. The foot is already in order and I also internally prepared no matter how long the three matches, including doubles," Hantuchova said firmly.

For Poprad native who has played against United in 2000 in Incheba season and last three years ago in Brno was missing a spur to the presence of team captain and also the personal coach Matthias Lipták on the bench: "It certainly helps, although then again I may be more difficult get used to it, the tournaments that do not fit there. In the matches but I am reliant on myself alone and I know how to solve things."

Hantuchova was a member of the team that won the 2002 Fed Cup. It revived memories of Wednesday's banquet, where she, Janette Husarova, Henrietta Nagy, Martina Sucha and then captain Tomas Malik received a replica trophy: "It was really a beautiful experience. It was nice to be together again with the team nine years ago. This trophy is For me all about najemotívnejšou as well when compared to Indian Wells. verily man is not experiencing such feelings as often in the Federation Cup final. Perhaps I have never been so physically and mentally tired as the match with Conchita Martinez, but precisely for such moments that one doing sport."

@ google translation.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 5. February 2011 14:26 

Local Time:
Livestream here:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next