Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 83 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells
PostPosted: 8. March 2011 00:38 

Local Time:
|30. April 2024| 10:34
Daniela's quarter of the draw:
Indian Wells draw.png

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 8. March 2011 00:42 

Local Time:
|30. April 2024| 11:34
pretty nice i think :) away from all great players in great form (clijsters, kvitova, jankovic, wozniacki.....), she can possibly beat sam i hope and i will be satisfied with that result....another win will be bonus :)

One of the worst possible draws Daniela could have gotten..and at her favourite tournament...Daniela won't be winning Indian Wells this year i'm afraid.

Safarova said that last week Safina is playing really close to her best tennis so I think 2nd round is going to be tough.

As for Stosur in 3rd and Sharapova in 4th well that's so tough...only thing worse could have been getting Clijsters or Wozniacki.

Poor Dani she really needs wins here, so many points on offer here to get her ranking where it should be!

Any win here is great so we'll have to wait and see.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 8. March 2011 01:07 

Local Time:
It's reasonable enough draw. Safina's results in Australia weren't good at all but she's still got talent and she did play fairly well in Kuala Lumpur. It looks like she might be getting back into form so this could be a tough match. It's one of these tricky matches where a player is a lot better than their ranking but you don't really know what their current level is.
Parra Santonja's a clay courter and she got to the final in Acapulco so she'll have a bit of confidence but she hasn't done much on hard courts recently.

Stosur's the likely third round opponent and she hasn't had that great a start to the year but she's got a good record against Daniela. Their matches last year in Charleston and Eastbourne were competitive.

Hopefully Daniela can come into Indian Wells rested and fully fit and she can maintain her form from Pattaya and Doha. Daniela doesn't have any points to defend here so a good run here would be a nice boost to her ranking because she has quite a lot of points to defend in Miami and Charleston. Plus, it's always good when Daniela wins. We'll see what happens and who she's got in her first match.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 8. March 2011 12:15 

Local Time:
Safina comes to Indian Wells with some confidence and some decent form. She finally won her first singles match of the year last week in Kuala Lumpur (after having successive terrible draws at the start of the year), and finished the week on a high winning the doubles title. This will be a tough match for Daniela. 50-50 chance of a place in the third round in my opinion.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 8. March 2011 17:19 

Local Time:
Oh no...

Safina will be very tough like you said she gained some confidence and starting to play better. In addition Safina will also have one match under her belt, cos Daniela has a BYE in R1.

I don't know, but I really want Daniela to succeed here. If she is able to win over Safina, then Daniela can beat Stosur, too... I think. We will see what happens. Sharapova isnt playing her best right now, but still very tricky opponent for Daniela.

Good Luck Daniela!

Show them this is your tournament! :)

Everything in life happens for a reason

hellene fan
PostPosted: 9. March 2011 17:00 

Local Time:
not the best,not the worst draw as everyone here said.we shall see.
fingerss crossed,everything open

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 9. March 2011 19:18 

Local Time:
Daniela's playing doubles with Agnieszka Radwanska. They play Shahar Peer and Peng Shuai in the first round.
Doubles Draw.png

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 10. March 2011 18:17 

Local Time:
Order of Play Thursday, March 10, 2011

Stadium 3 (from 11.00hrs)
1. ATP: Tipsarevic vs. Kamke
2. ATP: Sweeting vs. Granollers
3. Agnes Szavay vs. Jill Craybas
4. Hantuchova/A.Radwanska vs. Peer/Peng
5. ATP: Berankis vs. Bogolmolov

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 11. March 2011 01:12 

Local Time:
daniela has a reasonable draw versing all out of form players! for instance dinara safina who was no.1 is now 113 :lol: :? must go deep here!

Hantuchova Arad down 2-1 and a break :|

"My new years resolution is to be a better person and help others as much as I can."
- Daniela Hantuchova[/color]

6 Career titles:
Indian Wells 2002
Indian Wells 2007
Linz, Austria 2007
Pattaya City 2011
Pattaya City 2012
Birmingham 2013

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 11. March 2011 11:28 

Local Time:
Safina won in straight sets, 6-3 6-3.

And Daniela and Agnieszka beat Shahar and Peng 7-6[3] 6-3, which is a very solid win considering the opponents. Fifth seeds Chan and Zheng up next in round 2.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 11. March 2011 14:36 

Local Time:
daniela has a reasonable draw versing all out of form players! for instance dinara safina who was no.1 is now 113 :lol: :? must go deep here!

Hantuchova Arad down 2-1 and a break :|

You can't look at her rank like that. She had some downs, but she is still very dangerous player! Especially now, when she's starting to get back to her top play according to her recent success on the last tournaments.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 11. March 2011 18:12 

Local Time:
Safina's ranking dropped to the extent it did because of her injuries which caused her to lose alot of momentum. She also missed Dubai, Indian Wells, Miami, and Wimbledon last year due to injury (tournaments with alot of points on offer). For sure her ranking would have probably fallen even if she had been healthy throughout the year because she was losing some form anyway, and struggling with the pressure of not winning a slam. But had she remained fully healthy her ranking would have probably stayed inside the top-50, top-75 at worse I'd say.
Also when you take her results this year, she's not played great, but then she has had the most unfortunate draws of anyone on the WTA Tour, playing a top-2 seed at Auckland, Hobart, and Melbourne.
Daniela has a good shot at a win, but I see this match being far from straight-forward.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 11. March 2011 18:19 

Local Time:
Safina will be tough, especially as she seems to be getting back into form and she's a much better player than her ranking. Safina's one of the most dangerous floaters in the draw so of course Daniela gets her in her first match.

Parra Santonja is a clay courter with a very modest hardcourt record, so Safina really would have problems if she'd lost that match, but Safina did what she had to do fairly routinely.

It's a match that's a lot harder than you'd want, but Daniela's been playing really good tennis recently winning a tournament and having two top ten wins in the last month so she'll be confident and she'll be rested. Daniela will need to play well to win this.

Daniela and Agnieszka had a good win in the doubles so it gets her used to the court and conditons.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 12. March 2011 01:23 

Local Time:
ORDER OF PLAY - SATURDAY, MARCH 12, 2011

STADIUM 1 start 11:00 am
D Safina (RUS) vs [26] D Hantuchova (SVK) - WTA

J Del Potro (ARG) vs [14] I Ljubicic (CRO) - ATP
[1] C Wozniacki (DEN) vs [WC] S Stephens (USA) - WTA
[1] R Nadal (ESP) vs [Q] R de Voest (RSA) - ATP

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 12. March 2011 12:06 

Local Time:
not bad maybe eurosport? :lol: :lol:
They have badddd coverage here.

"My new years resolution is to be a better person and help others as much as I can."
- Daniela Hantuchova[/color]

6 Career titles:
Indian Wells 2002
Indian Wells 2007
Linz, Austria 2007
Pattaya City 2011
Pattaya City 2012
Birmingham 2013

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 83 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next