Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 192 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Grand Slam Champion
 Post subject: Re: Qatar Ladies Open, Doha
PostPosted: 22. February 2011 18:22 

Local Time:
|19. May 2024| 06:55
I'm glad Daniela justified my staying up until 4am Melbourne time to watch the match...

I'm entirely impressed. The first set was a real struggle, but Daniela was resilient and upped her game in the 2nd and 3rd sets. She decreased her unforced errors and ended up with a very healthy score card; 50 winners and 30 unforced errors.
I have to say, i almost wrote Daniela off after that tight first set so the end result is very very satisfying.

Looking at the rest of the draw, Daniela's got one of the easier R16 matches and a potential match up against Zvonereva, who we know she's capable of beating.

It's really great to see Daniela playing this sort of tennis. She fought for every point and in the end she totally wore Azarenka down.

A third of Daniela's wins this season have been against top ten players...

"Talent is one step away from being lazy" -- Daniela Hantuchova

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 22. February 2011 19:01 

Local Time:
|18. May 2024| 20:55
:wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav:
This is great, an absolutely superb win by Daniela who played so well and showed her desire and toughness to fight back and get the win. This is just awesome.

In both the tournaments when Daniela's been fully fit she's had top ten wins and this results makes you really wonder how well she could have done in Australia if she'd been fit because she had Azarenka in the third round. Daniela's playing well right now and as long as she can keep this form up and stay healthy then she can have a very good year.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

hellene fan
PostPosted: 22. February 2011 20:14 

Local Time:
|18. May 2024| 21:55
absolutely superb tennis from danka,oh man she plays soooo good, :o :o
long long time to see her playing again so fineeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
bravo danka

:wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav:

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 22. February 2011 21:24 

Local Time:
Daniela & Agnieszka lost in the doubles but after such a long match and good win against Azarenka it's not too much of a downer. Plus, Llagostera Vives and Rodionova are a decent team.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 22. February 2011 21:46 

Local Time:
Order of Play Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Court 2 (from 16.00hrs)
1. Daniela Hantuchova vs. Vera Dushevina
2. Flavia Pennetta vs. Lucie Safarova
3. Peschke/Srebotnik vs. Dushevina/Makarova (after suitable rest)

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 22. February 2011 23:05 

Local Time:
I'm glad Daniela justified my staying up until 4am Melbourne time to watch the match...

I'm entirely impressed. The first set was a real struggle, but Daniela was resilient and upped her game in the 2nd and 3rd sets. She decreased her unforced errors and ended up with a very healthy score card; 50 winners and 30 unforced errors.
I have to say, i almost wrote Daniela off after that tight first set so the end result is very very satisfying.

Looking at the rest of the draw, Daniela's got one of the easier R16 matches and a potential match up against Zvonereva, who we know she's capable of beating.

It's really great to see Daniela playing this sort of tennis. She fought for every point and in the end she totally wore Azarenka down.

I live in Melbourne too! I stayed up till 4am lol! It was worth it haha.

A third of Daniela's wins this season have been against top ten players...

"My new years resolution is to be a better person and help others as much as I can."
- Daniela Hantuchova[/color]

6 Career titles:
Indian Wells 2002
Indian Wells 2007
Linz, Austria 2007
Pattaya City 2011
Pattaya City 2012
Birmingham 2013

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 22. February 2011 23:12 

Local Time:
Great result for Daniela against Vika, especially so considering that it was from a set down.

So, so far this season Daniela has lost in the 1st round of every tournament she has participated in, bar one...which she won. On that basis, should I put some money on Daniela winning Doha? :lol:

...All jokes aside, good luck Daniela in the next round. Lets hope that the win against Vika won't count for nothing, because should Daniela follow up that massive win with a defeat against qualifier Dushevina that will be the case. Hopefully Daniela will have enough left in the tank to get through and keep on moving onwards and upwards in this tournament.

Scott

http://www.facebook.com/scotthatley1987
http://twitter.com/scotthatley87

Profile WWW

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 23. February 2011 00:34 

Local Time:
"It was a difficult match. Already in the first sete I had chances, but rival then was the use of their opportunities better. Did I have a cool head, however, I remained in my game and finally I succeeded turnover. Was aware of having enough self-confidence and experience of something as well. On this farmstead I always played great," said Hantuchova still on the court, a semifinalist in Doha from seasons 2005 and 2007.

Later she noted: "It's very valuable victory. It certainly was tough ticket on the 1st round, but I went to court with that on my Azarenka. Neither the failure of the initial sete I have not been doing nothing. I'm still showing off the game and active long exchanges I have always had the upper hand, and physically I'm on it - I think - the better. Despite nine aces today, I was not too happy with my administration. But the important thing was that I still rival to press RETURN, and also in exchanges. It is a big positive, because one of the most aggressive Azarenka tennis player on the circuit and when I am able to assert itself against it, so then I can play against anyone."

"It is precisely in such meetings should be our feet firmly on the ground. Tomorrow comes a new day and it will be a rematch. Certainly it would be very difficult at this tournament the man in the 2nd round already nenavyberá. Dušheviná forwarded from qualification, now defeated Martinez-Sanchez certainly plays well here," said D. Hantuchova.

@ google translation.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 23. February 2011 00:44 

Local Time:
|18. May 2024| 14:55
Awesome win! There really is an opportunity to go fairly far here with a winnable match up next and Daniela showing that she's in good form, and more importantly, in good health.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 23. February 2011 01:57 

Local Time:
I'm well impressed she was able to turn this match around after narrowly losing the 1st set. Hope she plays well tomo agaisnt Dushevina. It maybe tricky out on court 2...ie Brisbane 2010 when she went from beating Szavay on centre to losing heavily to Petkovic on outside court. Daniela i'm sure is aware of this and if she wins tomo a quarter final here or better would be awesome!

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 23. February 2011 03:35 

Local Time:
|19. May 2024| 04:55
nice win Dani..I was able to watch the last 2 games..there are some UE but her slice and winners are so sweet :P
and winning the matchpoint by an ace is sweeter..she got 9 aces Victoria 0 :o
GL tomorrow and do your best Dani...

mOnmOn

Profile YIM

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 23. February 2011 08:58 

Local Time:
wooow it was sooo great seeing her playing such a great tennis!! very proud!! hope she can repeat her game against dushevina today.
mhh court 2... so i think only sb?

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 23. February 2011 14:06 

Local Time:
Any chance of a live stream?

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 23. February 2011 14:08 

Local Time:
match will start in a few moments, dushevina begins to serve

yes daniela gets the break to lead 1-0 (after 7 minutes!) :)

puh again a long game.. daniela holds to 2-0 !!

dushevina to 2-1 and daniela to 3-1

mhhh dushevina gets the break to 3-3 now..., after BP's and GP's daniela holds to 4-4 !

Last edited by Patti1989 on 23. February 2011 15:00, edited 5 times in total.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 23. February 2011 14:20 

Local Time:
Nice start by Daniela breaking in the opening game.

1-0 up

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 192 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next