Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 391 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Career Grand Slam
 Post subject: Re: US Open, Flushing Meadows
PostPosted: 3. September 2010 18:05 

Local Time:
|2. May 2024| 02:03
I beg danka, play MM tournaments!... please...

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 3. September 2010 18:08 

Local Time:
|2. May 2024| 07:03
Is she playing Seoul?

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 3. September 2010 18:09 

Local Time:
|2. May 2024| 06:03
This is depressing. Daniela was playing so well in the first set to get up 5-2 and have set points but after that it was just dispiriting, especially how Daniela just fell away.

Dementieva is helping Daniela a lot and makes lots of stupid errors. Dani is playing very solid of course and hits some good winners, but I'm afraid if Dementieva reduces the number of errors and plays with more pressure (like she did in some points) Daniela will be in big trouble.

A brilliant summary of what happened and also a depressingly accurate prediction.

Dementieva won every single BP she had against Daniela. Daniela won only 3 out of 15 Bps for or against. You can say that was pretty much the match there. Plus, Daniela made a lot of errors and her serve just lacked the penetration it had early in the match while Dementieva played better, cut down on the errors and her groundstrokes were a lot more accurate so she could dictate play more. I just wonder about that stoppage when Daniela was serving for the set because Ashe was the only court where play got stopped and that really disrupted Daniela's rhythm and momentum because she had to consecutive double faults to finish the game and her game totally fell away while Dementieva's level went up.

Still, there is the doubles and hopefully Daniela can do well there.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 3. September 2010 18:16 

Local Time:
Daniela and Caroline are the third match on court 10 against Mattek-Sands and Shaughnessy.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 3. September 2010 21:26 

Local Time:
"I had chances, but remained unused. They were two games in one," sighed the Daniela Hantuchova and continued: "By the state of 5:2, I played exactly what we identify with the trainer. Počínala I tactically correct, although the beginning I was a little slower and I played 0:2. Then I moved well and wisely played, but when I missed the setbaly, started to crumble. Such a player such as Jelena is now catching chances. The rest has been another match. By the score of 5:2 or 5:3, I was fine. Subsequently, however, has not it - certainly different than I was. What has? That's tennis ... It is enough things to do this I record and take work to do to them."

Hantuchova Commenting on this year's singles all his speeches in New York stated: "Definitely do not feel disappointed. When I saw the beginning of winning the tournament, which was really easy, I told you that mastered every game will be great. If I was a little fresher for today , maybe it looked different. For this, I really had enough. I am here for two months and I started to be felt. Less than a physical tired, but mentally. I look forward to a few days rest. I need to switch off and relax."
@ google translation.

"Today's match had two faces. The state of 5:2, I played great, I'm on the court did exactly what I had. I was active, I pushed her on the defensive, based on my almost everything. setbaloch After three unused but I withdrew Jelena odrzau assumed the initiative and it was a completely different game. I missed a lot brejkbalov what I vypomstilo. In the future, must not be allowed to match the one zvrtol ball, as happened today. The best player the world can spare chance to quickly forget and do not think at this time. I have to take the match in today's lesson," said Hantuchova, who with the overall performance in the singles at the U.S. Open has expressed satisfaction. "The draw was very difficult and when I saw him, I said to myself that I will not even think about the round forward. I went from game to game. If I had today was fresher and had more power, it could go differently, but for now that it is unnecessary to speculate. In some tournaments, the U.S. series I was very satisfied, especially with San Diego, where I got to the semifinals, came to me less certain. Overall, I rate it 50/50. I now look forward to the U.S. Open after a long overseas cord at least a few days to relax and I have option off. Asian series kicks off in Tokyo, then I was waiting for Beijing," said Hantuchova.

@ google translation

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 3. September 2010 21:33 

Local Time:
Doubles is on.

0-1. Caroline is broken in the first game.

0-2.

0-3. Broken after having a GP.

1-3. Mattek-Sands is broken.

2-3. Caroline holds to 15.

3-3. Shaughnessy broken to 15.

4-3. Daniela saves a BP to hold.

4-4.

5-4. Caroline holds to 30.

5-5.

6-5. Daniela holds to 30.

6-6. Mattek-Sands holds from 0-40.

6-7. Lost the tiebreak 7-3. Daniela & Caroline lost 11 points in a row from 0-40 to go 6-0 down in the tiebreak.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 3. September 2010 21:39 

Local Time:
seems like Daniela really wants to switch off

Everything in life happens for a reason

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 3. September 2010 22:27 

Local Time:
2nd set.

0-1. Mattek-Sands holds to 30.

1-1. Daniela saves 5BPs to hold.

1-2.

1-3. Caroline broken after having a game point. Things looked a lot better at 6-5 and three set points. Daniela & Caroline can always comeback though.

2-3. Break Mattek-Sands to 15, it's back on.

3-3. Daniela holds to 30.

3-4.

4-4. Caroline holds to 15.

4-5.

4-6. Daniela broken to love. It's off, Bloody Hell. This day's been shit, I need some alcohol.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 3. September 2010 23:07 

Local Time:
|2. May 2024| 00:03
I think it's pretty clear where we are with Daniela at this point and today's match was a microcosm of that. When Elena was playing uncharacteristically poor early on, Daniela capitalized and did just fine. When Elena found her level, Daniela did basically nothing and was simply overpowered, outshot, outserved and outmoved. When you look at Daniela's career, she has spent a remarkable amount of time in the top thirty and top twenty (basically nine years in a row). Yet all she has are three titles to her name and but one final in the last three seasons. All of this is explained through today's match. Daniela does well enough to win when she is supposed to, but does not have the extra gear to be a good to great player when they are on. See Daniela's pathetic record against the elite players of her generation. She has one style of play which she never deviates from and frankly is remarkably consistent (at least compared to almost everyone else).

So, this is where we are. I expect Daniela to keep putting up enough solid results to be a more than respectable player for the next couple of years. But for a player of her caliber, there will be remarkably few highs (and few lows). It's hard to see how she does what comparable or even weaker players like Schiavone or Martinez Sanchez did this year, which is get ridiculously hot for a stretch, beat a couple of top players and win a big tournament. There's no reason to think that's happening. To her credit, there's also no reason to think that she's going away and wasting her talent either. And you can bet there's a couple of players in the top twenty who will do just that (see Cornet, Alize or Chakvetadze, Anna).

Is there anyway she can improve? I don't know. I'd like to see her try to play differently against top players; maybe try a more high risk, high-reward style of play (that's what NFL teams who are large underdogs often do, hope to catch lighting in a bottle). Of course, she also can improve her movement and second serve as well, but at this point you wonder if there's any more she can do physically. I suspect any chance she has to improve must come from the tactical side of the game.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 3. September 2010 23:26 

Local Time:
:cry: Horrid day.

I think prmd44 is a little unfair on Daniela-I've been watching some of Daniela's 2007 matches and there is no real comparison between that and what we saw today. Back then she was really crunching the groundstrokes and her serve had considerably more zip on it. She finished 2007 in the top 10,thoroughly deserved it and I consider the standard of tennis to have been far higher then than now.

Another point is that Daniela has to plan her schedule more carefully. She has played 6 consecutive weeks in the stifling heat of the US summer,and today she looked jaded,played jaded and sounded jaded in her post-match interviews,and there is no way a player should be feeling like that in the first week of a Grand Slam. It is seriously troubling that she appears to have viewed any match she won here as a bonus-she must be crushed mentally,so it is no surprise that she lost tonight in the doubles.

She needs a long rest,so she can come back refreshed for the last part of the season.

Site Admin
PostPosted: 3. September 2010 23:28 

Local Time:
I didn't see the match, but looks like a typical Daniela chokejob. I think we are used to that, aren't we?

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 3. September 2010 23:33 

Local Time:
Oh it's totally down to tactics when it comes to Daniela. Take her set points for example, she is forever blasting those returns long. Daniela must get more balls back simple as. YOU HAVE TO MAKE UR OPPONENT PLAY! That immediately has a negative affect on her opponents and what they repeatedly do to her...they get more balls back...an opponent knows that Daniela will give them many free points though errors. When someone plays Radwanska or Schiavone for example they know they will have to grind and work for the win. This is the only direction for success IMO. That's why I really liked it when she was with that short Super-Mario lookalike (I forget his name Jiminez or something) . Daniela was often getting the mix between offense and defense when she worked with him.

There's nothing wrong with her technique or fitness, in fact that's why she's been pretty much a top 30 player for the last decade.

Also 4 double faults in a match really isn't an issue either...

I think that the French Open will be Daniela's best chance for success now that she's getting older. Schiavone won the French because of her tenacity, not because she was blasting winners all over the place.

I think that's it TENACITY is what Daniela needs.

I maybe completely wrong but there's my opinion.

Anyway, before this tournament I said I would be jump for joy if she reached the 3rd round...I am glad that she won 2 matches but I can't help feeling like this was a missed opportunity...(again)...if she had been a bit more sensible (like moon ball the return in) on one of those 3 set points I'm sure she would have come through...

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 4. September 2010 01:36 

Local Time:

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 4. September 2010 06:20 

Local Time:
|2. May 2024| 16:03
It's interesting to think that we'd all be seeing a very different tune if Daniela had managed to at least win that first set. I don't have such an issue with her not grabbing the set points on Elena's serve, but throwing in two double faults when serving for the set at 5-3... it's so hard to stomach.

I'd like to see Daniela at least attempt to improve her serve. We've seen the evolution of her ground strokes as she's added more margin and developed a lot more angles in her game... but her serve has really regressed.

Caroline has made improvements to her serve... hopefully she'll get in Daniela's ear.

"Talent is one step away from being lazy" -- Daniela Hantuchova

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 4. September 2010 06:22 

Local Time:
I didn't see the match, but looks like a typical Daniela chokejob. I think we are used to that, aren't we?Long time no see. It may be expected for Daniela to choke,but that doesn't make it any easier to take.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 391 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next