Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 174 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Career Grand Slam
 Post subject: Re: Mercury Insurance Open, San Diego
PostPosted: 2. August 2010 03:33 

Local Time:
|9. May 2024| 10:00
Daniela's not on the schedule tomorrow nor is she in the doubles draw.

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 3. August 2010 06:43 

Local Time:
|9. May 2024| 17:00
Todays schedule

STADIUM COURT, Starting at: 11:00am

Ana IVANOVIC (SRB) v Shahar PEER (ISR)
Gisela DULKO (ARG) v Coco VANDEWEGHE (USA)
Dominika CIBULKOVA (SVK) v Vera ZVONAREVA (RUS)
Yanina WICKMAYER (BEL) Svetlana KUZNETSOVA (RUS)

Not Before 7:00 PM

Daniela HANTUCHOVA (SVK) v Marion BARTOLI (FRA)
Melanie OUDIN (USA) v Jamie HAMPTON (USA)

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 3. August 2010 09:49 

Local Time:
I think Daniela does have a chance against Bartoli as long as she doesn't make so many "STUPID" choices like last match. Bartoli likes to hit the ball hard so it is important that Daniela takes the ball first and dictates the point. She must stay calm and wait for the right moment to make winners.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 3. August 2010 11:59 

Local Time:
Unfortunately I think the fact that the match is in the evening falls right into Bartoli's hands as it'll be cooler. I think Daniela not only plays better in hotter conditions but I think Bartoli struggles a little in the heat. Daniela really needs to get through this match. I think it'll be really sad if after the US Open Daniela is out of the top 32. :(

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 4. August 2010 07:31 

Local Time:
|9. May 2024| 16:00
:wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: Daniela saved two match points at 5-4 in the second set to come back and win. This is just so good and I'm so happy for Daniela; a battling, come from behind win like this will give her a lot of confidence and can be a catalyst for for better form for the rest of the year. This match reverses the trend of a lot of Daniela's recent matches where she plays well for a set then the opponent comes back, this time it's Daniela who shows her fighting spirit and her skill to get back into the match and win it. This is wonderful.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

hellene fan
PostPosted: 4. August 2010 07:39 

Local Time:
saved 3 mp's to win
:o :o :shock:
excellent result after long time
with zheng now

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 4. August 2010 07:45 

Local Time:
wow :shock: i wasn't able to watch the sb. excellent daniela! sooo happy for her! how high was she leading in the third set?
i only watched the sb at 3-5 where she lost the game with a double fault and the last game.

good luck for the next match! :D

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 4. August 2010 07:50 

Local Time:
Daniela Hantuchova of Slovakia fought off two match points* as she upset sixth-seeded Marion Bartoli of France, 3-6, 7-6 (3), 6-4 in the featured night match.
Bartoli led 5-4 in the second set when she missed two match points*. Hantuchova raced to a 5-2 lead as she won the tiebreaker. Hantuchova has a 4-1 career record against Bartoli, including a 3-0 mark on hardcourts.

@ Associated Press
*AP is wrong, it was three MPs. makes it even better.

Dani Ousts Bartoli In SD

2010-08-03
Daniela pulled off an impressive comeback in her first match of the Mercury Insurance Open on Tuesday night, saving three match points to upset No.6 seed Marion Bartoli, 36 76(3) 64.

After dropping the first set, Daniela stayed on serve with Bartoli through 4-5 in the second set, then saved three match points - two from 15-40 down, one at ad-out - before holding for 5-all. The two traded breaks to get to 6-all and from 1-2 in the tie-break Daniela took over, winning six of the next seven points to take the match to a third set.

Bartoli got the early break for 2-1 in the decider but again it was Daniela who stepped it up, winning four games in a row - and 16 of 19 points - to build a 5-2 lead. Bartoli closed to 5-4 but Daniela broke one last time for the win.

In the second round Daniela will play China's Zheng Jie, against whom she is 2-0, winning both of their previous matches in straight sets (she won 64 62 at 2008 Indian Wells and 63 75 at 2009 Wimbledon).

Hantuchova after the triumph over Bartoli shine satisfaction. "I am very happy that I managed to reverse negative trends and progress to the second round of the tournament heavily manned. Sete First Marion played extremely well, practically does not do any mistakes and was 90-percent success rate of first . The second sete servovala excellent condition and was 5:4 in my administration three mečbaly. proficiently, but I zabojovala, the surreal exchanges I averted them, and after successful tajbrejku I was riding. I knew that making the match longer, the better for me because physically I had the upper hand.'s victory over Bartoli very much appreciate, because Marion was a week ago at Stanford in the quarterfinals at Wimbledon and has reached the fourth round," Hantuchova told Reuters that the second Zheng Zheng round against tough match awaits.

"Both matches so far I had won, but were very close. Zheng Zheng is a very awkward player, and this year has improved immensely, the Australian Open in the semifinals. Line played great, easy to move to their villages. I will try to impose my game," said Hantuchova.

@ google translation

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 4. August 2010 11:34 

Local Time:
The result is like I expected. As long as she stays strong, she can win this match. Congratulations Dani for your good job and fighting spirit.

Second round against Zie is not easy at all. She is kind of player who gets a lot of balls back and Daniela may make a lot of UEs if she rushes too much for winners. So the key point is she stays calm and just dictate the point good and everything will be fine. Good luck Dani.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 4. August 2010 12:25 

Local Time:
Fantastic result,and according to reports Daniela really did play some clutch tennis to stave off the MPs,with forehands cleaning the lines. Apparently she also returned serve very well after rhe first set,which is pleasing because she didn't do this at all well during the grasscourt season.

Was the site down last night? I couldn't connect after the match was over.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 4. August 2010 13:23 

Local Time:
|9. May 2024| 12:00
Fantastic result,and according to reports Daniela really did play some clutch tennis to stave off the MPs,with forehands cleaning the lines. Apparently she also returned serve very well after rhe first set,which is pleasing because she didn't do this at all well during the grasscourt season.

Was the site down last night? I couldn't connect after the match was over.

Yes, it was down for me too.

And damn, I'm so happy for daniela, she did really stepped it up :)

This is match I would've loved to watch, specially if what you're saying is correct.

Good luck on R2, Danka :) :P

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 4. August 2010 13:30 

Local Time:
I stayed up until the tiebreak and then went to sleep, woke up a couple hours later to see she'd won! Amazing comeback, I hope she beats Zheng cos then hopefully we'll see her in action on friday! Will do wonders for her confidence too if she wins back to back matches - something she's not done since Roland Garros.

blue webmaster
PostPosted: 4. August 2010 13:58 

Local Time:
:beer: :beer: :beer:

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 4. August 2010 15:39 

Local Time:
the site didnt work, so Im writing now...

:banana:

Finally something possitive at last! :hearts:

Such a pity we couldnt see this match!

Daniela must have played very well!

In the first set, Bartoli had 95% of 1st servs in and like Daniela said Bartoli didnt make any errors almost.... But as the match goes, Daniela kept going! This is such a win which could start up Daniela after that horrifying loses!

In the second set Daniela had couple of love servise games! And even when there was some BP for Bartoli, Daniela saved those! In the beggining of the 2nd set Bartoli managed to break Daniela, but Daniela broke back! There were some DF of each of the player as the match goes. But Daniela must have been physically better! In the 3rd set Daniela managed to lead 5:2, then Bartoli held (5:3). Daniela was serving for the match at 5:3, but Bartoli broke her... 5:4. I was thinking maybe this was not going to be a win for a second, but Daniela broke back! Yeeeeeeeees! Such a good fighting win! :D

I captured the scoreboard for you, If you wanted to check the stats:

1st set:

2nd set:

3rd set:

Whole match:

Into R2! Well, like dani-fan said, Zheng is a very dangerous player for Daniela. She can keep everything back and force Daniela to make errors. But if Daniela plays like in the match with Bartoli, it will be fine. Just hope Daniela wont bring her see saw again!

Come on Daniela!

Everything in life happens for a reason

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 5. August 2010 00:13 

Local Time:
Tournament News :
Hantuchova Fights Off Three Match Points and Wins Thriller to Advance
8/4/2010

Carlsbad, Calif. – Tuesday night’s action at the Mercury Insurance Open Presented by Tri-City Medical Center had fans on the edge of their seats at the La Costa Resort and Spa.

Slovakia’s Daniela Hantuchova fought off three match points in a thrilling first-round match and came back to defeat Marion Bartoli of France, 3-6, 7-6 (3), 6-4.

After trading service breaks early in the first set, Bartoli held to tie the score at 3-3. At that point, the Frenchwoman went on a tear, winning 12 of the next 15 points to win the set 6-3.

Bartoli opened the second set with an ace and easily held to take a 1-0 lead. Each player held serve, but at 4-5, Hantuchova fell behind 15-40. She saved the first match point when Bartoli netted a backhand.

She fought off the second match point with an amazing defensive lob, but followed that with a drop shot which the French woman got to easily and made the pass to set up a third match point.

The Slovakian woman hit a beautiful back hand down the line to get back to deuce and eventually won the game when Bartoli’s backhand found the net. They traded breaks to get to the tiebreaker which Hantuchova won 7-3.

The deciding set was all Hantuchova. Following a conversation with her coach during the changeover, she came out with more focus. After trading service breaks in the in the third and fourth games, Hantuchova went on to dominate the next four games to go up 5-2.

Bartoli held in the eighth game to make the score 5-3. She narrowed the score to 5-4 in the next game when Hantuchova double faulted on break point .

With Bartoli serving to stay in the match, Hantuchova came out and took a 40-15 lead. She let out a squeal of delight when Bartoli’s backhand landed wide on match point.

Hantuchova advances to the second round where she will meet China’s Jie Zheng.

DANI :D :D good luck for next match :beer: :beer:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 174 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next