Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 227 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Career Grand Slam
 Post subject: Re: The Championships, Wimbledon
PostPosted: 26. June 2010 18:06 

Local Time:
|9. May 2024| 19:51
Doubles are about to start

Everything in life happens for a reason

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 26. June 2010 18:47 

Local Time:
|9. May 2024| 14:51
Not doing good... 3-5 down

They saved a set point and won 7 straight points in the tiebreak 7-6(0)

They won 7-6(0), 6-3! :)

Black is just amazing at the net, daniela when playing solid can really help, but she was not consistent. If they are to have a chance next round, danka needs to play her part better. Let's hope she does :P

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 26. June 2010 20:08 

Local Time:
|9. May 2024| 12:51
They won 7-6, 6-3 in a match which had a number of marathon games.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 26. June 2010 20:15 

Local Time:
Won :)

Good luck!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 26. June 2010 20:27 

Local Time:
|9. May 2024| 18:51
Good solid win in the doubles. Daniela was the only player not to drop serve during the match and she hit some nice groundstrokes and volleys while Black was exceptional at the net, but Black's serve was vulnerable and she dropped serve three times. Still, they won easily enough in the end and probably should have won even more easily as they had 3 BPs on Mirza's serve at 2-1 in the second but she held on. The longest games of the match were on Mirza's serve in the second set.

I've got to say that the commentator was a total See You Next Tuesday, he was gushing effusively about all the other players and going on about how great they were and listing all their achievements but he ripped into Daniela every chance he got. Nice that Daniela shut him.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 26. June 2010 22:17 

Local Time:
I've got to say that the commentator was a total See You Next Tuesday, he was gushing effusively about all the other players and going on about how great they were and listing all their achievements but he ripped into Daniela every chance he got. Nice that Daniela shut him.What was he saying? It's not like Cara or Sania have set the world on fire with their singles performances. :roll:

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 27. June 2010 23:07 

Local Time:
Order of Play, Monday, 28th June:

Court 14

12:00
Gentlemen's Doubles - 2nd Round
Colin Fleming(GBR) /
Kenneth Skupski(GBR) vs. Bob Bryan(USA)[2] /
Mike Bryan(USA)[2]

Ladies' Doubles
Cara Black(ZIM)[11] /
Daniela Hantuchova(SVK)[11]
vs. Lisa Raymond(USA)[7] /
Rennae Stubbs(AUS)[7]

Ladies' Doubles
Akgul Amanmuradova(UZB) /
Kristina Barrois(GER) vs. Julia Goerges(GER) /
Agnes Szavay(HUN)

Gentlemen's Doubles - 3rd Round
Sanchai Ratiwatana(THA) /
Sonchat Ratiwatana(THA) vs. Juan Ignacio Chela(ARG) /
Eduardo Schwank(ARG)

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 27. June 2010 23:56 

Local Time:
I've got to say that the commentator was a total See You Next Tuesday, he was gushing effusively about all the other players and going on about how great they were and listing all their achievements but he ripped into Daniela every chance he got. Nice that Daniela shut him.What was he saying? It's not like Cara or Sania have set the world on fire with their singles performances. :roll:

He kept on going on about how Daniela was mentally weak, always making wrong choices, she was the junior partner in the team, Black was carrying her etc. Whenever Daniela made an error he said "another mistake from Hantuchova" but he said nothing whenever she made a good shot or hit a winner or that her serve was so much better than Black's so he spent a lot of time saying nothing. Nor did he mention any of Daniela's achievements or anything that she'd won but he gushed about Mirza, that she was an amazing talent and had one of the best forehands in the game, she was the biggest star in India (Aishwarya Rai anyone?) and that she was a great doubles player because she won the Australian Open mixed a few years back. Whenever Mirza made a mistake, she was being brave or positive or she was unlucky. I think he was president of the Mirza fan club.
I could have just about dealt with it if it had been an Indian stream but I think it was a BBC feed.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 28. June 2010 00:14 

Local Time:
There were two comentators on my stream.

A woman and a man. The man was also quite tought to Daniela. They were both discussing her singles, how she is able to be good, but struggles right now. The woman was good to her at least and there were mentioned some of Danielas achievements...

Court n.14 is not a show court, I think. So no stream for her next match, pity.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 28. June 2010 01:12 

Local Time:
I think it may have been the same stream, Marek. Mine was on ustream from livescorehunter. The woman was Virginia Wade and she was critical of Daniela but what she said had some validity like Daniela was very hard on herself after errors and put herself under a lot of pressure earlier in her career but Wade also gave Daniela some praise. I just remember the guy being so biased and totally abandoning any impartiality whatsoever. There was one point when Daniela put a backhand volley into the net and the guy said "what on earth was she thinking on that shot?" Wade replied that it was a tough shot to make as the ball was blasted near Daniela's body, she didn't have much time to react, the shot was a winner if Daniela let it past her, that she was trying to hit into the open court and that it was a lob that Cara Black made on the previous shot when she was under no real pressure that allowed a powerful forehand to be hit at Daniela and that it was Black's fault the point was lost. The guy then said "yeah, I meant the lob." I think I can safely call BS on that.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 28. June 2010 04:57 

Local Time:
Yeah, the guy was an idiot. Wade was pretty positive though, at least she kept on going about what daniela could be bringing, or what talents she had for the game. The man seemed to think daniela had never played doubles or something. Pity that Wade didn't mention her mixed doubles achievements.

It was pretty funny when daniela made this fantastic volley winner, the male commentator couldn't avoid to compliment her, of course, he had to dropping in: Luke Skywalker (daniela) is learing from Yoda (black).

I gotta say, these two make a really good team. Sadly, Cara´s serve is pretty weak, and her returns aren't much better (but she make up for it coming fast to the net). She is a beast at volleying, though, really impressive how agressive she is and how she intimidates the other team by just moving around and intercepting.

Good luck tomorrow, ladies!

ps: I miss Hantuyama :oops:

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 28. June 2010 11:03 

Local Time:
Thanks for the replies. It's interesting that the commentators who are beastly to Daniela tend to be male-I've no idea why that might be.

In sadder news,lets hope Jennifer Capriati makes a full recovery,she was a great friend to Daniela at a time when it was really needed. :cry:

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 28. June 2010 12:56 

Local Time:
Very sad to hear this about Jen Capriati, hope she can get out of this and make a recovery into life.

How was her relationship with daniela? I never knew they were friends.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 28. June 2010 14:33 

Local Time:
Has anyone got a livestream? The Bryan brothers match was shown but all the streams have dried up.

I don't think there's too much time to find one 2-6 0-2 down.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 28. June 2010 15:09 

Local Time:
Daniela obviously in a rush to watch Slovakia play. :roll:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 227 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next