Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 227 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Career Grand Slam
 Post subject: Re: The Championships, Wimbledon
PostPosted: 19. June 2010 21:05 

Local Time:
|3. May 2024| 15:14
Safina withdrew :/

She could do that earlier... The draw could have looked otherwise...

Or not?

:?

Everything in life happens for a reason

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 20. June 2010 12:59 

Local Time:
Order of play for Monday is out, but no daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 20. June 2010 20:22 

Local Time:
|3. May 2024| 14:14
Women's Champions half of the draw is always played on Tuesday, Ladies Day it's called. The Men's Champion half of the draw starts on Monday.

Safina is really going to slide down the rankings as she was defending semi-final points from last year.

Martinez-Sanchez also withdrew which meant that her place in the draw was taken by Kateryna Bondarenko who's place in the draw's taken by Anastasia Pivarova who plays Sharapova in the first round instead of Bondarenko.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 20. June 2010 20:39 

Local Time:
"We are very looking forward, I can not wait. I prefer to have been in their villages," said Daniela Hantuchova SITA. The first in his súperke round, which will be American Vania King, 27-year-old native Poprad, said: "She can be very uncomfortable, especially at the grass you should give it very careful, because he knows how to play it. The Council also plays doubles, and I think that this particular surface the like. It will certainly not be an easy match, as it might look like. I have to choose a good tactic."

"Right now I have trained at number eighteen villages, my favorite. I played it a number of meetings to me steadfast in his mind. One of the really nice quality and this event was against Dokić in the fourth round in 2002. It was a tight match . Elena was seventh in the world and the grass really know. but then I played very well. I remember the wonderful feeling in the quarterfinals of the procedure. Already there has been surrounded in very few people, the Wimbledon is such a late stage if another. I realized it already the year before when we won Mixa with Leos Friedl. Have you no one really was, we were alone. Of course, the subsequent retreat of the winner got a nice experience," the zaspomínala D. Hantuchova.

Double participant year-end WTA Tour, the World Cup last year in an interview just before Wimbledon SITA zháčila little reminders in the round - if the insertion of a qualification attempt, "or perhaps this is not possible. I can not believe how quickly it passed. It seems to me that I just recently started here ... It is still a beautiful feeling for me."

"We all have tried and it was close to Nestor, whom I promised that we'll play with him sometimes. Many have broke, but finally not broken," is entrusted with laughter D. Hantuchova. About his form and health noted.

"This week at Eastbourne, I played very well, pity the match with Stosur - surely I could win. The preparation continues while 'okay'. All the training I am right in the area of Wimbledon, I got the courts and Match and a little bit different. The grass is faster and has less bounce than the year before. I played with the Li or Francesca Schiavone on Sunday The world I Kuznetsova and Flavia Pennetta, alternating it. arm trying not to proceed, think about it. Every day I go to a physiotherapist, still give careful that was to remain in order. The grass will need a service. We keep it as far as possible, but certainly not optimal. When the blows, so I truly do not help - it was so in the Eastbourne, but also due today here," she said.

@ google translation.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 21. June 2010 00:02 

Local Time:
|3. May 2024| 10:14
Can anyone tell me what is she talking about regarding mixed doubles?

And, is she saying her arm is bothering her or something? I hope not :oops:

She is also saying it is kinda windy, right?

Thanks for the info :)

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 21. June 2010 02:20 

Local Time:
there are some colloquials....thats why google translator didnt catch it

I will try to translate those parts in my words, its something like this:

She will play doubles whith C.Black this year, but not mixed doubles, in which she had titles from all of the grand slams...
"Everybody was trying(to talk her over) and Nestor, to whom I promised we will play together sometime, almost did. Many were traying to break me(talk her over), but didnt after all. (said laughing Daniela)

the part about helth:

"Im trying not to bother with my arm, not to think about that. Im seeing a physiotherapist every day. Im still careful to keep it all right. I will need my service a lot at grass. Im trying to keep it within my abilities, but its not absolutely(surely) optimal. When the wind blows, it doesnt help me - like at the Eastbourne, but also here today a lot."

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 21. June 2010 02:28 

Local Time:
So she is still not 100 percent, but hope it will get better and she will try her best...

Good luck

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 21. June 2010 03:42 

Local Time:
|3. May 2024| 10:14
Thanks a lot Marek12!

Hope her arm doesnt hinder her performance, she really needs her serve here.

Pretty funny that many were trying to get her as mixed doubles partner. hahaha ;)

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 21. June 2010 18:40 

Local Time:
Order of Play, Tuesday, 22nd June:

Court to be Announced:

Not Before:17:00
Ladies' Singles - 1st Round
Daniela Hantuchova(SVK)[24] vs. Vania King(USA)

Ladies' Singles - 1st Round
Mirjana Lucic(CRO) vs. Victoria Azarenka(BLR)[14]

Gentlemen's Doubles - 1st Round
Jonathan Erlich(ISR) /
Dusan Vemic(SRB) vs. Martin Damm(CZE) /
Filip Polasek(SVK)

Somdev Devvarman(IND) /
Treat Conrad Huey(PHI) vs. Rohan Bopanna(IND) /
Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi(PAK)

Leos Friedl(CZE) /
David Skoch(CZE) vs. Robert Lindstedt(SWE)[16] /
Horia Tecau(ROU)[16]

PostPosted: 21. June 2010 20:43 
Hm...
Good luck Danka :)

blue webmaster
PostPosted: 21. June 2010 21:48 

Local Time:
the new Design of the Wimbledon website is crap imo :roll:
why are they trying to get rid of their lovely green?

I won't be able to follow the scores or stream tomorrow, so good luck Daniela is all I can say. Looking forward to read the news of her win tommorow :D

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 21. June 2010 23:35 

Local Time:
I believe I can achieve great success, says Hantuchova
vk | June 21, 2010 10:46
Slovak Daniela Hantuchova tennis celebrates anniversary in this year's Wimbledon. The main competition of the traditional Grand Slam event to present the tenth. Even now it does not lose time in the first round. The maximum participation is a quarter of 2002.

What does Wimbledon mean to you?
Favorites term tennis season. Beautiful, great people. And of course, grassy surface that I like. That is why I give depend on the preparation. Before the tournament in Eastbourne with the coaches, we have received good training week. I do everything for me to achieve a good result.

You were not far in 2002. Then you are in the quarterfinals knocked American Serena Williams. What does it go now?
So I would have time to play the semi-finals, no? (Laughs) My favorite is the Wimbledon Grand Slam tournament. The grass is very difficult surface. I think it is to blur the differences between toys. Just play some good balls and you're already in line. It's about who they play first.

You will find the tenth anniversary something special Wimbledon?
God, as I have for ten? Participation in such great events as I take great privilege to receive any. Personally, I am with my game the whole season and very happy. I feel like I caught a second wind, I still believe I can achieve great success. Again, I got to the point where tennis at the moment and really enjoying their villages. And that is why I am doing and respond to high-quality toys. Moreover, I have a goal ahead. This is most important for all athletes.

When you experience that went bad again and you feel happy in their villages?
I can not name it precisely. It comes alone. It is important to set a goal and go for it. And by the way for him to sacrifice everything. Delivering this high.

For the past nine starts, you have failed five times to one of the Williams sisters. You beg lot to you their time the way the Wings later?
Well, Williamsky ... When you come to Wimbledon healthy and focused, it is probably impossible to win them over. A lot can influence, so concentrate on what I can change. On my power.

In Eastbourne you have played in the doubles alongside the Black Caro. Play along the grass at Wimbledon?
Yes. When you contact the former world number one, and one of the best deblistiek world, so you can hardly refuse. Very reminds me of my former deblovú partner Ai Sugiyama. Herne and humanely. While we agree only to those two tournaments.

You suffer any health problems?
Shoulder is still not as they should be. Every day after training and after the game I spend time with physiotherapists who can give me in order.

@ google translation

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 22. June 2010 12:38 

Local Time:
Nice to see she enjoyes it and wants to succeed. But it will be very hard!

So good luck!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 22. June 2010 17:51 

Local Time:
maybe there will be a stream

centre court may will be available in a while, if Soderling takes the 3rd set quickly...

But hope they wont schedule Azarenka there instead of Daniela.

Edit: Hm, Azarenka is there :(

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 22. June 2010 18:28 

Local Time:
|3. May 2024| 09:14
Azarenka got center court, I thought they might give it to Dani since it is her 10th year there. That doesn't really matter though does it?

Ok, I'm thinking she'll get court no. 1, not bad. Wozniacki is cruising there right now.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 227 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next