Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 74 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Author Enter your Message here

Grand Slam Champion
 Post subject: Re: AEGON International, Eastbourne
PostPosted: 16. June 2010 13:50 

Local Time:
|10. May 2024| 02:01
4:6

saved another MP, but it didnt helped

Stosur had some close 2nd serve, another for daniela to complain :/

Stosurs serve helped her durning last points of the match....

:((

She always has these close lose omg, she doesnt deserve it! Shes playing well, then suddenly a few shots and shes out :/

Wish better luck at Wimbledon :/

Mhmm. Stosur's serve helps her a lot in clutch moments, whereas Daniela's generally lets her down. I've said it once and i'll say it again. If Daniela wants to get anywhere near the top 10 again she needs to improve her serve. JJ's results have been on the steady improve since she got her serve up to speed, i really wish Daniela would do the same.

"Talent is one step away from being lazy" -- Daniela Hantuchova

PostPosted: 16. June 2010 13:51 
Nice match but her bp conv. is just horrible. 3/13. She could level up the match but another chance missed again.
This is Daniela. This is the way she plays tennis this year and will do that until the end of year. Nothing special.
I always hope but she always let me down. It seems that she will end her carrer like this. 2 years now it's just the same.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 16. June 2010 14:10 

Local Time:
|9. May 2024| 17:01
Another week,another failure to take a gilt-edged oppurtunity to beat a top player. Anyone starting to feel that Etchebery is full of shite? If his strength training was so effective,surely we would be seeing some indication of it in Daniela's groundstrokes and serve? There was precious little evidence of it today.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 16. June 2010 14:18 

Local Time:
maybe she should eat something else, not only the creeps with nutella :D
Im fed up with her mentioning those creeps all the time... smells like an advert...

Well, she is capable of wins against these players, but I dont like how often she is not able to do that! She had so many chances.... :(

Its not fair, Daniela pls pull yourself at Wimbledon!

Everything in life happens for a reason

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 16. June 2010 15:21 

Local Time:
|9. May 2024| 10:01
Benji.... Take a shower, mix a drink... it will be ok.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 16. June 2010 15:28 

Local Time:
I don't think Daniela continually blowing winnable matches is any cause for celebration. But revel in her underachievement if you must. :roll:

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 16. June 2010 15:49 

Local Time:
Honestly, I think Daniela will stay like this until the end of her career. Her game, her serve is just the same and she doesn't have something to be considered her strong point. Daniela did not play bad today but her level is no where to compare with the top 10 (well, not all the top ten though). Sam was clearly the better one today (at crucial moments). The result is like I expected, only 1 win for this tournament, so nothing to be so upset. Thanks God grass season is soon away. Grass is her favorite surface but never her strong place. Her best result came all in hard court season.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 16. June 2010 16:47 

Local Time:
Her game, her serve is just the same Honestly,her serve has deteriorated markedly over the years-it's getting to the point where her second serves are best watched through the fingers. If she can locate a good serving rhythm,good results should follow.

I remain dubious about her coaching arrangements. The coaching timeout today was a complete fail.

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 16. June 2010 18:01 

Local Time:
|10. May 2024| 00:01
well she as everyone said am serve's is a big point here...
and she's a top 10 player it good that Dani take a set...
well let's judt hope that Dani learn from this game and do all the things that she needed to make it farther at Wimbledon..
well as a fan be used to it...

well she's still in the top 30 not like ana or other player who should be ashamed of what happen to their career,...

mOnmOn

Profile YIM

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 16. June 2010 19:07 

Local Time:
People, let's keep things in perspective here. Stosur is a Top 10 player, while Daniela hasn't been anywhere near the Top 10 in a while now, and Stosur managed to beat Daniela twice I think in 2006 when she wasn't even in the Top 50. If she could beat already Daniela back then, what chance does Daniela stand now? I hope she gets a decent draw at Wimbledon so she can at least defend her points, hoping for anything more would be foolish.

blue webmaster
PostPosted: 16. June 2010 20:59 

Local Time:
|9. May 2024| 16:01
well she as everyone said am serve's is a big point here...
and she's a top 10 player it good that Dani take a set...
well let's judt hope that Dani learn from this game and do all the things that she needed to make it farther at Wimbledon..
well as a fan be used to it...

well she's still in the top 30 not like ana or other player who should be ashamed of what happen to their career,...
...Vaidisova, Chakvetadze.. just to name some more recent examples.
Daniela isn't a bad player at all, she just has to make more out of her chances and really fight for it.
In the match against Wickmayer I had the impression that she really wanted to win points and that she wasn't afraid of errors or her opponent.
One match later against Jankovic this fire was totally extinguished.
Schiavone had it even in the final and left no doubts that she will win the French Open.

Today she had the will to win and also got angry in the third when she missed an important point.
so people, let's stay positive. She gives her best which is much more than some of you may think. She has the ability to beat top players if she really goes for it.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 16. June 2010 23:29 

Local Time:
|9. May 2024| 10:01
And her next opponent would have been Baltacha, meaning a SF or better would have been a real possibility. At least Daniela is getting close, she really hasn't been uncompetitive in many matches at all this year. Unfortunately, the rankings system gives no credit for playing someone like Venus or Stosur close and losing.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 16. June 2010 23:55 

Local Time:
|9. May 2024| 16:01
Bah, what is it with Slovakians and Antipodeans this week.

"Too bad, today I definitely had it, although Stosur current performance is among the first three toys in the world. Conditions have been terribly difficult. The wind is moving. Moreover, not blowing in one direction, in this piece is changed. Find some rhythm and was therefore a miracle even against súperke, in which many patterns, not live - plays a "winner or error '. servovala Samantha incredibly, many gemov won only thanks. When we get into the exchanges and I could have started it, I was always on top," said Daniela Hantuchova SITA and added: "After the defeat, of course, I'm never satisfied. I certainly wanted to win and go further in this tournament because I like grass and quarterfinal against Baltacha and Zheng Zheng playable would be, I might have had a good chance here . you never know: sometimes just one such game, and the overall result may be quite different. proved to me that against these toys should not try a little extra, to be more solid to hold and that their standard. Wimbledon even before I have to improve some things, but overall it's okay."

@ google translate.

I got a bit of the match and it was the first tennis I'd seen for a while. I felt Daniela did pretty well and she played some wonderful drop shots but Stosur always seemed to come up with a big serve when she needed one in the third set while Daniela had that loose service game and she also had some calls go against her. It's disappointing as she was at least as good as Stosur for most of the second and third sets and it would have been another tournament this year where Daniela would have had a top 20 win.

When Daniela had her run here in 2004 after all the torment she'd been going through, I knew that she still had it and that she'd find a way to fight back and keep going. Never give up on Daniela, she won't; she's strong, determined, talented and she'll keep giving her best. There is always next week.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 18. June 2010 12:53 

Local Time:
|10. May 2024| 02:01
And her next opponent would have been Baltacha, meaning a SF or better would have been a real possibility. At least Daniela is getting close, she really hasn't been uncompetitive in many matches at all this year. Unfortunately, the rankings system gives no credit for playing someone like Venus or Stosur close and losing.

It's happened a handful of times this season.

AO she didn't capitalise on good for against Na Li and missed out on playing an out of sorts Wozniacki in the 4th round.
She lost to JJ at RG and would have played Shvedova in the quarters; she could have had another semi final showing at a slam!
And she lost to Palyvuchenkova (sp?) in that final...

She's really been on the edge of greatness a couple of times this season, which is what makes this lost to Stosur all the more frustrating. Oh well, on to Wimbledon.

"Talent is one step away from being lazy" -- Daniela Hantuchova

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 74 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5