Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 87 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Career Grand Slam
 Post subject: Re: Internazionali BNL d'Italia, Rome
PostPosted: 3. May 2010 17:27 

Local Time:
|9. May 2024| 16:49
Pity...

I didnt watch the match :(

Does anyone have any pictures of Dani in the red top from Rome?

I would like to see her wearing it on court...

Everything in life happens for a reason

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 3. May 2010 18:07 

Local Time:
I didn't see the match, but I just checked out the statistics, and if you squander 7 breakpoints in a set and your opponent scores 2 out of 3, you don't deserve to win, plain and simple. Those good results in Charleston and the Fed Cup didn't leave much of an impression, I guess.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 3. May 2010 18:36 

Local Time:
|9. May 2024| 15:49
This is disappointing. It would have been a really good win for Daniela but she was playing a tough opponent who had recently won a tournament on clay and was playing at home, so it was always going to be a difficult match. Daniela started the match playing well but Schiavone ground her down as the match went on and Daniela got frustrated and made errors. To an extent the match was determined by Daniela's level as she won the first set when she played well, but she lost the next two sets as her level went down, but Schiavone's play and tactics had a bit to do with that.

Hopefully she'll get a kinder draw in Madrid. Daniela's been playing very well this year, but she got a tough draw in this tournament. She just has to stay positive and move on.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 3. May 2010 18:49 

Local Time:
Hopefully she'll get a kinder draw in Madrid. Daniela's been playing very well this year, but she got a tough draw in this tournament. She just has to stay positive and move on. Tough draw or not,Daniela would have won this match if she had played half-way decent in the last two sets. No excusing her performance today.

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 3. May 2010 18:52 

Local Time:
Hate to say this, but the draws are not going to get any better unless her ranking improves, and her ranking is not going to improve if she keeps having these first-round losses. She shouldn't be relying on kind draws, she should rely om the quality of her own tennis.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 3. May 2010 19:17 

Local Time:
Funnily enough Daniela at the moment is up to no.22 in the rankings, and will probably stay there so long as Rezai doesn't win her next match.

1.Cibulkova and Martinez-Sanchez both need Semi-Final appearance here to take over Daniela.
2.Vesnina, Safarova and Kirilenko need a Final appearance here to take over Daniela
3.Dulgeru, Dulko, Bacsinszky and Schnyder need to win Rome to take over Daniela.

I guess worst case scenario Daniela will go down to no.25. Madrid will be mega important to keep that top 24 ranking for Roland Garros.

Question: Was this a mandatory tournament?

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 3. May 2010 20:12 

Local Time:
Funnily enough Daniela at the moment is up to no.22 in the rankings, and will probably stay there so long as Rezai doesn't win her next match.

Question: Was this a mandatory tournament?

Come on whoever's playing Rezai. Mandatory Premiers are Indian Wells, Miami, Madrid & Beijing.

Benji, I don't know why you've quoted my second paragraph but ignored the first.

Anyone who says that Daniela keeps on having first round exits should know that she had more first round exits at the same stage of the season in 2007 and that this is only her fourth in her last 32 tournaments.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 3. May 2010 21:34 

Local Time:
Benji, I don't know why you've quoted my second paragraph but ignored the first. There is nothing in your post that would indicate quite how badly Daniela played in those last two sets. Saying her level went down is a bit like saying the stock market had a slight reverse during the credit crunch.

Look she threw this match away,and I don't understand why Schiavone's tactics threw her so much. When she actually concentrated and dug in for the long rallies,she did rather well for herself. She obviously learnt nothing from watching Rafa the other day.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 3. May 2010 23:44 

Local Time:
Schiavone played very clever...these high medium pace high over the net balls is what Daniela hates because it means Daniela has to generate the pace. I think Schiavone did about 5 winners in the last 2 sets...seriously. Also in the 2nd set Daniela had 7 bps, and didnt convert any. The 2nd game in the 2nd set is where she lost the momentum.

Hopefully this is a minor setback. Madrid draw could be terrible but I do really think that the stress from the Charleston to Fed Cup caught up with her today. I think we can tell with how she quickly she lost the focus and power in her shots. She had not much power in the last two sets and seemed lathargic, also so so many errors that we weren't seeing in the last month.

The loss against Venus hurts more as she fought so hard in that match.

Today wasn't Daniela's day but hope she can recharge for next week.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 4. May 2010 00:31 

Local Time:
In Benji's own words:

Anyway,I think it is time I relented from using this forum. All I have these days is vitriolic criticism,and I get far too overwrought watching Daniela. I used to have a blast watching Daniela,win or lose,and now i just feel wretched watching her matches. Even though she played some great tennis today,all I was thinking was "You're still going to f**k this up,aren't you?"(sadly I was right). I feel less like a fan,more like an embittered critic always ready to stick the boot in. I should leave this forum to those who are a little more optimistic about Daniela than I am. Hopefully I can feel positive about Daniela at some point in the future,and enjoy being a fan agian.

blue webmaster
PostPosted: 4. May 2010 01:21 

Local Time:
did you know that in every professional tennis match there is one loser in the end?
Half of all 128 players participating in a Grand Slam main draw suffer first round exits. That's the cruelty of life. You can't win without somebody else losing.

Being frustrated is reasonable, but this loss is not the end of the world (except you lost your house because you betted on Dani's win), so better don't overreact and look forward to the next tournament.

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 4. May 2010 02:38 

Local Time:
|9. May 2024| 09:49
did you know that in every professional tennis match there is one loser in the end?
Half of all 128 players participating in a Grand Slam main draw suffer first round exits. That's the cruelty of life. You can't win without somebody else losing.

Perfect, Blue Dragon. I often say say (even to my kids) that 50% of most sports participants LOSE. That doesn't make them losers. Its competition.

The bigger picture is that Daniela is an intelligent, beautiful women doing what she loves, traveling the world and making a great living. Winning everytime makes it better but is unrealistic. Go Daniela!!!!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 4. May 2010 03:23 

Local Time:
Being frustrated is reasonable, but this loss is not the end of the world (except you lost your house because you betted on Dani's win), so better don't overreact and look forward to the next tournament. It seems to me that people on this forum are quite content to see Daniela plod along with her ranking outside the top 20. Forgive me for wanting just a little bit more from a player who has the talent to crack the top 5.

blue webmaster
PostPosted: 4. May 2010 10:55 

Local Time:
Being frustrated is reasonable, but this loss is not the end of the world (except you lost your house because you betted on Dani's win), so better don't overreact and look forward to the next tournament. It seems to me that people on this forum are quite content to see Daniela plod along with her ranking outside the top 20. Forgive me for wanting just a little bit more from a player who has the talent to crack the top 5.
to say I'm content is just a lie. I can get extemely happy when Daniela is playing well and wins a lot of matches, but still I have my own live to live and I realized in the past year that I cannot only care about a person which I never got to know personally.

There's a difference between being a fan and devoting your life to somebody.
And I decided to be a fan and be happy when she wins but not getting completely depressed when not.

PostPosted: 4. May 2010 11:47 

I agree with you... but that days belong to the past. Dani had the chance to be the best player in the world but she wasted it. She is already 27 and I don't believe she will be in Top 5 or Top 10 again. Almost 2 years now, she try to re-enter Top 20.
Well, all we, her fans just want the best possible for her. Nothing more, nothing less.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 87 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next