Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 237 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
Author Enter your Message here

Career Grand Slam
 Post subject: Re: Sony Ericsson Open, Miami
PostPosted: 30. March 2010 19:22 

Local Time:
|9. May 2024| 17:05
@ google translate

Brad Gilbert said:
Former leading tennis player Brad Gilbert, who later became coach Andre Agassi, Andy Murray and Andy Roddick as well, Monday's contest drew domestic and American Venus Williams players Slovak Daniela Hantuchova. Appreciated the performance of Slovaks, and its cooperation with trainer team who play in his own words Daniela greatly improved. "It's really hard to play in a match against someone with whom you have a balance of 0:9 and you never defeated him. And even when you have a chance to win and you're very close. Venus had to play until the last ball, because nothing Hantuchová ignored . a lot of respect for the team that actually cares about the game Hantuchová, too, since the game looks 100% FIT and determined to fight for the best result. "

Venus finally mastered the game and won in spite of that, losing 1-6 and eventually 0-2 in three sets 1:6, 7:5 and 6:4. "When you're on the winning streak, you can usually find a way to turn the game today and it just managed to Venus, due to the fact that the tournament can still fight for the title," said Gilbert.

Everything in life happens for a reason

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 30. March 2010 19:26 

Local Time:
By the way: Venus is just crushing Radwanska.

Daniela H A N T U C H O V A
Rafael N A D A L

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 30. March 2010 19:41 

Local Time:
Ehm, I saw the end of that match. Radwasnka would have been so much easier oponent for Dani. :(

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 30. March 2010 20:07 

Local Time:
I think that's the toughest thing about this loss. I think Daniela really felt that she coudl have made the final had she gotten past Venus. Daniela i'm sure wuld have got past Radwanska. And then Wickmayer/Bartoli would not have been impossible. But as Daniela says there's no point in thinking about that.

I hope her back's ok...good to take a few weeks off.

PostPosted: 31. March 2010 00:06 
Well, it was just a match. Do you think that Daniela will continue playing like this in every tournament?
I guess NO.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 31. March 2010 00:22 

Local Time:
|9. May 2024| 10:05
I think that's the toughest thing about this loss. I think Daniela really felt that she coudl have made the final had she gotten past Venus. Daniela i'm sure wuld have got past Radwanska. And then Wickmayer/Bartoli would not have been impossible. But as Daniela says there's no point in thinking about that.

I hope her back's ok...good to take a few weeks off.

I'm not confident at all that she would have beaten Radwanska. Daniela's form can vary wildly from match-to-match. (like anyone else really). As great as yesterday was, I will need to see a few tournaments of consistently strong play before I can get too excited.

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 31. March 2010 02:10 

Local Time:
In my opinion, to see if Daniela has really improved, we have to wait for another couple of tournaments. We all know that her form varies from match to match (not even from tournament to tournament). Of course I am happy that she played so well in the last matches but I will wait until at least one more tournament to be sure if she really becomes better. Hopefully we can see her back in top ten at the end of this year. This is quite possible IF she can keep playing like in the last match against Venus.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 31. March 2010 08:54 

Local Time:
|10. May 2024| 02:05
We all know that her form varies from match to match (not even from tournament to tournament).

Lol. I'm pretty sure i've seen her play fluctuate wildly in the middle of matches, let alone tournaments.

The loss yesterday is harder to take now considering the draw. I'd have liked Daniela's chances of at least making the final here. Her last match against Radwanska was close but Daniela's serve let her down, a lot. She's been serving really well all tournament (minus those ghastly double faults in the final set) so i'd to think that she'd be able to handle Radwanska.

It's interesting to hear that her back is still in pain. I'm not adverse to her having a lean clay season in an effort to be 100% fit for the grass and the American summer tournaments as that's where she's likely to get some more decent rankings points.

"Talent is one step away from being lazy" -- Daniela Hantuchova

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 31. March 2010 13:02 

Local Time:
Could this black dress be her Roland Garros outfit? Hubba hubba if it is!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 31. March 2010 14:49 

Local Time:
|9. May 2024| 12:05
Could this black dress be her Roland Garros outfit? Hubba hubba if it is!

I don't think the SLVR line is to be used on court ;)

It's casual clothing. Very pretty, though...

Daniela's outfit will be the same as the yellow one but with a red tank top

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 31. March 2010 14:59 

Local Time:
I would like to see her in black, too.

But that red top will be perfect! She looks really pretty :)

Some contrast there will be at last :)

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 31. March 2010 22:17 

Local Time:
|9. May 2024| 16:05
"It was a very close match and I definitely had my chances to take it today," Daniela said. "It was a few points here and there that made the difference. It was very windy, too, so the conditions were not easy for either of us. Now I'm going to work hard to come out one step better for next time. That's the exciting thing about tennis, that there's always a new chance next time, and I'm looking forward to the challenge to get better."

"I had chances and I really felt the victory, but so is tennis: sometimes decides a couple of points up - down. Be sure to pick the pros, however: thus far I have here in the last ten participations was while I never had in the past so close to Venus overcome," said 25th WTA ranking player.

"One bear wins, in this case, however, there were many encouraging signs. Moreover, I did not feel that this has been my peak performances. Also it strengthens me in the light of the fact as well even though I was," said Daniela Hantuchova .

"I played very well. I have good matches in a row, although in this theater to me unusual flourish. It is noteworthy as much for me this event was bringing. Already in the first match against Patty Schnyder, always one of the most súperiek me now Services added confidence," said 26-year-old native of Poprad.

"Followed by a solid victory over Nada, and finally the duel with Venus. Both of us have fared even better, the strong wind blowing. I looked to the game on a DVD and pictures nothing, enough about how difficult the conditions ruled," said Hantuchova.

Family comfort cuisine with brother
Five former world rankings also revealed some details of the background.

"I had a great bar. When approaching the individual matches, I was fully concentrated on them thanks to the fact that I have free time remained outside the campus and tried to spend more time with my team," said Hantuchova.

"There was my brother with my girlfriend and cooking to us, we lived in a beautiful apartment with coaches, fitness trainers, doctors. Cafés, we are my favorite restaurants Nobuo. Maybe every night I would withstand the Black Cod with Miso. And then the chocolate dessert."

Hantuchova has a recovery and prepare for the next event in South Carolina on the 12th green clay April

"First few days to re-accruing power and hard training next week, still in Florida. My next tournament will be Charleston. I have not been there for several years. I hope I can well enter into the clay season. Can not wait," Hantuchova added.
@ google translation.

Hi everyone!

Well, I'm just about to pack because we're leaving Miami tomorrow.

I played good matches here. Especially after not playing so well in Miami a few years, it was great. I especially felt my serve helped me a lot this week. Even in my first match against Patty, always one of my toughest opponents, my serving gave me a lot of confidence. I had a solid win against Nadia and yesterday, both Venus and I played so well considering how windy it was. I was watching the DVD of the match today and you can't really tell how windy it was!

I had my chances against Venus and really felt I should have won, but that's tennis - a few points here and there. I can definitely take positives: it was the furthest I've been here, the closest I've pushed Venus, and I was playing very well.

You always hate losing, but there were definitely a lot of good signs. I don't even feel I was playing my best, which is encouraging given how well I did...

I had a great time here. I always love coming back. The player party was nice, at a great hotel with great dinner... I enjoyed relaxing a bit before the matches started but once they did I was focused: early mornings, staying away from the site and trying to spend time with my team. My brother was here cooking for us, and he was bringing me lots of luck :) We all stayed at a great apartment (my brother, his girlfriend, my coach, fitness coach and doctor). We went to my favorite restaurants (Nobu is my favorite... and my favorite dish there, which I could have every night of the year, is Black Cod with Miso... for dessert, chocolate bento box).

I've been getting treatment on my back from my doctor every day. I'm happy he was here to help me! Now I have a few days to recover and then next week I'll be practicing hard in Florida. My next tournament is Charleston - I've already started practicing on clay. I haven't been to Charleston in a few years, so I hope it will be a good start to the clay court season for me. I can't wait to be there!

I'll talk to you all again soon, and as always, thank you so much for your support.

Dani

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 237 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16