Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 58 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells
PostPosted: 11. March 2010 01:43 

Local Time:
|3. May 2024| 14:01
Always nice to see Daniela writing a blog on the WTA site, and especially so this time around as it's from Indian Wells, let's hope she can stay in the tournament for a while so we can get more of these blog entries throughout the 10 days or so of the tournament.

Scott

http://www.facebook.com/scotthatley1987
http://twitter.com/scotthatley87

Profile WWW

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 11. March 2010 15:03 

Local Time:
Daniela's Indian Wells Blog Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Hey everyone!

I pretty much spent all day at the courts today. It was mostly a training day. I practiced twice, did my gym workout... I don't usually watch any matches unless it's Roger or Rafa playing. There's always lots to learn from watching them! For sure I'll be watching some of their matches these two weeks...

Tomorrow I'm going to take it a little bit easier because my matches are coming up. I'm really looking forward to my first match on Saturday. I'm happy I have these extra few days to prepare, I'll for sure be refreshed and ready.

We went for a great steak at LG's tonight - the restaurant where we celebrated my first title here! Nice memories... and the steak was excellent. Here it's all about superstitions. I've done so many things the same for so many years, like I've been in the same hotel room the last four years. The room is so far from the elevators too, so it takes such a long time, but I can't change it!

Tomorrow I'll have more exciting things to talk to you about! I'm going golfing and will hopefully have some pictures... also the player party is tomorrow.

Have a good night and keep those questions coming!

Dani

What are your goals this year and what are you working on? Nathan
My goal this year is to get back to the Top 10 and every day I'm working hard and giving my best. There are plenty of things to work on. I'm just trying to get better and better. I did a lot of training in the off-season. It was very intense and very hard, but I really feel it made me stronger.

Do you have any pets? Jake
We have a dog, Stella, a Golden Labrador. She's back at home though, I hardly see her because I'm never there!

What is your lowest score in golf, and your handicap? Lynn
I don't play often enough to have a handicap, but I did get a hole in one once!! It was at Hopman Cup in Perth, in 2003. It was awesome. By the way, my favorite player is Ernie Els. He's got the best swing... his technique is so relaxed.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 11. March 2010 20:13 

Local Time:
|3. May 2024| 15:01
For some reason Tiger Woods doesn't appear to be Daniela's favourite golfer anymore. :P

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 12. March 2010 02:45 

Local Time:
|3. May 2024| 08:01
Roberta Vinci bageled Oudin in the third set, so she's up next for Daniela. That seriously hinders our chance to see Daniela on TV on Saturday, because she was a lock for center court in Oudin won.

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 12. March 2010 09:04 

Local Time:
|3. May 2024| 22:01
oh..i hope we can see her live...

do you think guys that it would be better that she will face Vinci instead of Oudin?

mOnmOn

Profile YIM

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 12. March 2010 16:54 

Local Time:
Daniela's Indian Wells Blog, March 11, 2010

Today was a perfect day...

I had a very good hit at the La Quinta resort, then I had a golfing afternoon. We only had time to play nine holes but it was awesome. Really awesome. Me and my team, my family is here too... I won! It was fun but I might have gotten a little competitive :) I won a dinner, I'll wait to claim it though. I've attached a photo I took of the course... The course is unreal, it's almost like a postcard. Snow on the mountain tops, beautiful flowers and palms on the ground...

After golf I went to the gym for a workout, then it was off to the player party. It was right here, so nobody had to go far. It was convenient for everyone so lots of players came, which was great. We drove in with a really old style car and there was a very interesting dog on a skateboard... I'm not sure who he was but he's probably famous if he's doing that! He was going around the party on it, between the people... Anyway, the food was great and the whole clubhouse is very nice. They just rebuilt the whole thing and it's nice the party was there. I hope it will be held there for many years to come. The tournament did an excellent job with the party, and they've done an excellent job in general, really. This is one of the most popular tournaments among the players. Everyone loves coming back.

Now some questions then off to bed... talk to you tomorrow!

Dani

Besides tennis what is your favorite thing to do? Sasko
If it had to be a sport, probably skiing or golf. If not a sport, probably something to do with fashion... more along the lines of designing.

What is it about Indian Wells that brings you such success? Sandra
Waking up here, you already want to do so much. It's such a relaxing place so it's easy to be really focused and work hard. Also the courts really suit me, the fans are always so nice... It's just a beautiful place.

It's nice to see that you are close with your mother. Does she also like playing tennis or does she prefer supporting you? Andrew, Toronto
She loves playing tennis! She is also very supportive. When she was young she was an ice skater, so she knows what it takes to do well... and she has been the biggest support for me, for sure. Unfortunately we don't play tennis much, but I think she understands I'm here to play the tournament. Sometimes we do play, but not during tournaments :)

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 12. March 2010 18:11 

Local Time:
|3. May 2024| 10:01
So nice to hear daniela is in good spirits :) And I didnt know that about her mother, it's rather cool that she was an ice skater...

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 13. March 2010 04:46 

Local Time:
|3. May 2024| 08:01
Stadium 3 (from 11.00hrs)
1. ATP: Simon vs. Dabul
2. ATP: Benneteau vs. Ancic
3. ATP: Cilic vs. García-López
4. Daniela Hantuchova vs. Roberta Vinci
5. Anastasija Sevastova vs. Ana Ivanovic
6. Dominika Cibulkova vs. Sara Errani

They've got no name American Sloane Stephens in the main event, primetime spot on center court. So Oudin's loss yesterday cost us a chance to see Daniela. Anyway, it's probably an easier opponent so all's well than ends well.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 13. March 2010 16:32 

Local Time:
Daniela's Indian Wells Blog Friday, March 12, 2010

Tonight's Hit For Haiti exhibition was unreal. I wasn't there but we were watching it on TV. To have so many great champions on the court at the same time... it was unforgettable. And it was such a great cause too. Roger, Pete, Andre and Rafa, as well as the girls - counting all of the Slams they had together was very special. I don't know if anyone will be able to bring them together again.

I took it quite easy today. I practiced in the morning and then rested in the afternoon to get ready for my first match tomorrow... and I feel like I'm falling asleep right now, so I think I'll get to some questions before that happens!

Oh and I've put a photo of last night's player party here...

Have a good night and talk to you all tomorrow :)

Daniela

How do you not get distracted by crowd noise? Charles
I try to stay really focused and when you're trying to win there's no time to think about stuff like that. I'm actually pretty used to it, especially after 10 years of playing on the Tour! And sometimes it can help - it can get you fired up, and most matches I play the crowd is really supportive, so it's just a part of it really.

What is your favorite book? Or, Israel
Hmmm... there are so many... this is a tough one! The last good one I read was The Alchemist. I'm trying to think of other books I've liked... When I was a kid, I loved anything Disney. Gosh, there are just so many. I'll get back to you!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 13. March 2010 17:12 

Local Time:
Daniela had a close match against Vinci at Rosmalen last year and at Wimbledon in 2006, so Vinci can make it difficult for Daniela. However, it's Indian Wells and Vinci's hardcourt record isn't that great, so Daniela should win.

There's been a few upsets with Henin and Li Na losing and Wozniacki having to come from behind in the third set to beat Vania King.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 14. March 2010 00:11 

Local Time:
Vinci has that straight sets win over Daniela from three years ago in Tokyo so she knows how to beat her but obviously Daniela is the favourite here. I like her chances of reaching the fourth round but I'm not sure whether she will be able to trouble Azarenka.

Another big upset - Suarez Navarro has beaten top-seed Kuznetsova 6-1 in the final set (breaking the Russian three times in that third set). Henin out too of course, and Sharapova only just got through against Dushevina. Looks like its going to be an interesting tournament.

Seeds out: Kuznetsova[1], Li[7], A.Bondarenko[20], Medina Garrigues[29], Wozniak[30].

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 14. March 2010 01:07 

Local Time:
Im afraid of Wickmayer...

But we will see

Shame we cant see Danielas match, cos Cilic is on the same stadium before and they are streaming it...

Daniela as 2-times-winner of this tournament deserves to be on air, I think...

Everything in life happens for a reason

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 14. March 2010 03:25 

Local Time:
|4. May 2024| 00:01
down a break already??? after a 2-0 lead. uggh!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 14. March 2010 03:29 

Local Time:
:(

I will rather go to bed. maybe will watch score on mobile for a while. But hope Dani will get into it :/

Everything in life happens for a reason

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 14. March 2010 03:41 

Local Time:
|4. May 2024| 00:01
what the hell?
from 40-15 (2 chances to go to 4-5) to 3-6 Vinci!! :roll:

Oh Daniela!!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 58 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next