Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Fed Cup World Group Play-Off round, Slovakia v Netherlands
PostPosted: 20. April 2017 19:19 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 10:34
Date: 22 - 23 April 2017 image
Venue: AEGON Arena, Bratislava, Slovakia
Start times:
Day 1: 1300 hrs (1100 hrs GMT)
Day 2: 1300 hrs (1100 hrs GMT)
Surface: Clay (Red Clay), Indoor

SLOVAKIA 2-3 NETHERLANDS

R1:Jana Cepelova (SVK) bt Richel Hogenkamp (NED) 6-3 6-2
R2: Kiki Bertens (NED) bt Rebecca Sramkova (SVK) 6-1 6-1
R3:Kiki Bertens (NED) bt Jana Cepelova (SVK) 6-3 6-3
R4: Richel Hogenkamp (NED) bt Kristina Kucova (SVK) 7-5 6-4
R5: Daniela Hantuchova/Rebecca Sramkova (SVK) bt Cindy Burger/Arantxa Rus (NED) 2-1 retired

SLOVAKIA:
Kristina KUCOVA
Jana CEPELOVA
Rebecca SRAMKOVA
Daniela HANTUCHOVA
Captain: Matej LIPTAK

NETHERLANDS:
Kiki BERTENS
Richel HOGENKAMP
Cindy BURGER
Arantxa RUS
Captain: Paul HAARHUIS

Slovakia take on Netherlands for the fourth time in April, with the prize of a place in the 2018 Fed Cup World Group up for grabs. The Dutch won the last time the nations' met, a comprehensive 4-1 victory in the World Group II first round two years ago.

Netherlands will be looking to bounce back from a surprise defeat to Belarus in February, and will be particularly keen to avoid slipping into World Group II so soon after recording a best Fed Cup performance since 1997 by reaching the semifinals last year.

By contrast Slovakia will be on a high following a 3-2 win over four-time champions Italy. Having competed in World Group II since 2015, the Slovakians will be desperate to return to the Fed Cup's top tier.

Official website: www.fedcup.com

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: Fed Cup World Group Play-Off round, Slovakia v Netherlan
PostPosted: 20. April 2017 19:23 

Local Time:
Against the Netherlands without Cibulková

Dominika Cibulková wrist injury does not show up in the promotion round to participate in the World Group Fed Cup against the Netherlands. In a weekend duel on clay in Bratislava NTC it replaces Daniela Hantuchová. Experienced Representative joins the trio Kristína Kučová, Jana Čepelová, Rebecca Šramková.

Cibulkova, which was to be team-Slovak unit, was wounded on Friday practice. His right hand is in the plate. "Dominica fell and ended so miserably that he hurt the wrist. The next day she could not catch the rocket. Certainly not be able to face off against the Netherlands, which for us is bad news. Daniela is now ready to replace it. I communicate with her since the weekend and on Thursday joined the team," he said at Wednesday's press conference, Slovak captain Matej Lipták Fed Cup team.

Cibulkova very sorry not to be able to play. " I was very match in front of home fans to enjoy. We Injury However hacked plans. that fall at first glance did not seem so intimidating, but properly scared me. Fortunately, I do not broken or torn, but I have encountered tendon. throughout the Easter holidays we could not find a doctor who would not do MRI, so we had to go to a private clinic in Vienna. at least until Monday I have a hand in the plate. I believe that over the next week I will start with training. I hope the girls win without me, the road to success leads through the singles. "

Liptak says that the Slovaks against the Netherlands can succeed without Cibulková. "It gives us great weakening because of Dominica are expected to get two points. Her team is now possible paper favoritky, but are playable and our girls have to make them beat. Clay court at NTC suits them. The hall is our clay especially well done. it is a fast nor too slow, it's something in between. Baby got used to the court, on Tuesday we moved to the hotel and I believe that the atmosphere is similar to that in the February winning a duel in Italy. "

Šramková experienced in Forli great Fed Cup debut, when he defeated Sara Errani and Francesca Schiavone, now would I like to odkrútila home debut. "If you give me Maťo Lipták chance, I enjoyed it even more than in Italy. While I'm not implying anything. I think we have all the same chance of onset in the opening singles. With regard to a Dutch woman, the two of them playing so boyish tennis that I would be comfortable with. I believe we can do it. "

Kučová the non-participation of the Slovak Ranking Cibulková unit. " It's uncomfortable for us, that Dominica does not show up, the more they must take other players. I've played with almost all Dutchwoman except Cindy Buerger, I know what I can expect from them. At the beginning of the season I had knee problems. Forced break I used to eye surgery. I hope the red clay season will take place without injuries, " she told TASR last year's semifinalist WTA tournament in Montreal. (TASR)
@ google translate

Šramková wants to experience the home debut, a Dutch woman considered surmountable

today | 13:45 BRATISLAVA - In Italy, perfectly fulfilled the role of the Joker in Fed Cup debut and defeated former Roland Garros champion and finalist of clay peak season. Now eager lineup for the first time in front of the home fans and help Slovak tennis player to return to the World Group.

Rebecca Šramková claims that Dutch women are surmountable, although they are in the midst of the global elite player of twenty Kiki Bertens.

"In the home environment NTC in Bratislava we have a great chance to win. I know that two Dutch women forsírujú such male tennis. They will try to play to our head, but these types of suits me and sit and Janke Cepelova with Kika Kucova. All we're ready to start. We'll see who gives us the captain Matej Lipták chance, it's completely open, " said Šramková that before the clay court season involved new coach Borisa Sedláčka.

Slovak captain after the February triumph at Forli boast that the players were throughout the Fed Cup week in one place. This model Liptak decided to try and prior unable to participate in the World Group against the Netherlands. From Tuesday all the players live together in a hotel.

"The atmosphere is almost the same as in Italy, even though we are at home. All we brought together - dinner, wellness and lunch at NTC. It's the same as in Forli, " said Šramková .

Unlike duel 1st round II. global groups can Liptak against Dutchwoman to count on Kristina Kucova, who could not travel to Italy for health problems.

"Since last year's US Open was troubled with knee. Pulls it for a long time, I had to forcibly break and I used to break eye surgery. Knee hurts me once, once hurt. I would be glad if I could finally clay court season to play without pain, " wished the younger of the sisters Kucova, which is the absence of injured team-Slovak Dominika Cibulkova unit.

Liptak yet want to disclose that two nominated by the players before Friday's draw lots in the initial dvojhier. "Rebecca, Kika i Janka on trainings show in a very good light, Clay them fit. Janka has a good balance with Bertens. Rebecca against Italians demonstrated courageous game and has shown he is not afraid súperiek resonant name. And Kika previously filed in Fed Cup combat power. There is even an experienced Daniela Hantuchová, which in Fed Cup matches can always vyhecovat and is our best deblistka. "
@ google translate

Cibulkova injury ultimately will not play
Published Yesterday, 15:29

BRATISLAVA - Slovak tennis unit Dominika Cibulková injury wrist dominant right hand, suffered a fall in training eventually will play in the weekend Bratislava meeting Slovakia - Netherlands on clay in Aegon arena NTC in the playoff of World Group Fed Cup 2018 national teams women. The squad it will replace the national Fed Cup record holder Daniela Hantuchová (officially it happen before Friday's program by lot), the preparation will join on Thursday. Information has been raised at Wednesday's presentation press conference Slovak team at the venues. Assembly led by Captain Mateja Liptáka complete the Kristína Kučová, Jana Čepelová and Rebecca Šramková.
@ google translate

Cibulkova injury will not play in the squad to replace her Hantuchova

Assembly led by Captain Mateja Liptáka complete the Kristína Kučová, Jana Čepelová and Rebecca Šramková.

BRATISLAVA April 19 (WebNoviny.sk) - Slovak tennis unit Dominika Cibulková wrist injury dominant right hand, suffered a fall in training eventually will play in the weekend meeting in Bratislava Slovakia - Netherlands on clay in Aegon arena NTC in playoff the world group Fed Cup 2018 representative teams of women.

The squad it will replace the national Fed Cup record holder Daniela Hantuchová (officially it happen before Friday's program by lot), the preparation will join on Thursday. Information has been raised at Wednesday's presentation press conference Slovak team at the venues. Assembly led by Captain Mateja Liptáka complete the Kristína Kučová, Jana Čepelová and Rebecca Šramková.

"Dominica from Friday vocal training. It fell so badly that we have this weekend and throughout the holidays actually trying to scavenge doctors. We did not know what was happening. The second day after the accident could not catch a rocket. The good news, which now after all the investigations we have, is that it does not look to something more serious, what would it scrapped the long term. The bad news is that in the Fed Cup meeting certainly can not board, " said Liptak.

"We all know who in Dominica to lose this match. Cards turned in favor of the Netherlands, who will be favorite. But I believe our team even in these changed circumstances. Perhaps even more rallied us, " said Liptak.

"I am very sorry and upset that for such bad luck will not be able to play. That fall really did not look or somehow wrong, yet we were also having dinner, and afterwards, - some five to six hours after the incident - began to happen something that scared me. I could not even keep the cup. But I have nothing broken or torn. It's just encountered tendon. Over the weekend, we could not find in the entire Bratislava MRI. Finally, I was at a private clinic in Vienna. Yesterday it looked my doctor Ján Grauzel and said it definitely has to go to the plate and stay in absolute peace in the future Mon. Then we'll see how it will react, " noted Cibulkova.

LIPTAK HAS SOME IDEA
" It happened to me in training outside the Slavs. It was not even a fall rather well zošuchnutie when I went for shorts. However: I'm still not completely accustomed to the movement on clay. I held'grip' in contact with the ground, probably because it happened. It was such a quasi prkotina began to hurt me later, "said Cibulkova.

" Dominikina absence is a major weakness. According to the ranking, although I now drive the team, but not so we feel we are three girls balanced. We will try to fight for and put together somehow , " said 26-year-old Bratislavčanka K. Kučová.

" What concerns an assembly, I had clear in Dominica. Even now I have some idea, but so far about it certainly will not say. I will try to intuitively even by súperiek chosen so that it went well. We have three girls equal, the team is not to say that with Daniela on the singles count. Nothing can be ruled out. He still has his qualities and also that Italy has shown that with it should be counted. She's but not yet. Tentatively speculating about it earlier on Sunday even as the situation evolves, nothing is not yet mandatory , " said Liptak.

ŠRAMKOVÁ HAS NEW COACH
Dvadsaťtriročná Košičanka Čepelová is against Dutch Member of the Top 20 Kiki Bertens positive balance of 3: 2, could this Reviewer pay. " One win was on clay, one on'harde' time ago. Kiki know very well. Many of ours matches were balanced, and decided a few balls. Health problems that I had in February in Italy are long gone. It was momentary, everything is fine . "

Šramková in February against the Italians in Forli as an absolute newcomer was a major victory strojkyňou hostiek 3: 2 in round 1 II. World Group, but then her struggling, pulling the cord four losses (Budapest, Indian Wells, Miami, Biel): " After the Fed Cup there were some problems that I had to solve. Now I am looking forward to the home game, I enjoyed it even more than that in Italy . "Bratislavčanka two decades since March have not train her father Jozef Šramka, agreed on cooperation with Boris Sedláček.
@ google translate

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 21. April 2017 12:50 

Local Time:
CEPELOVA AND SRAMKOVA TO LEAD SLOVAKIA IN DUTCH TEST

21 Apr 2017Kate Battersby
Jana Cepelova and first round heroine Rebecca Sramkova will lead the line for Slovakia against Netherlands in their Fed Cup by BNP Paribas World Group play-off in Bratislava.

While Dominika Cibulkova has been named in Matej Liptak's four-woman team, the world No. 4 was not named to feature this weekend in Friday's draw.

That will add to the challenge for the home team when they take on a unified Netherlands side who are keen to maintain their place in the World Group, having only narrowly missed out on a place in last year's Fed Cup Final.

World No. 99 Cepelova will take on Richel Hogenkamp, ranked 37 places below her, in the opening rubber, before Sramkova tackles world No. 20 Kiki Bertens in rubber two.

Sramkova, the world No. 126, enjoyed a fine start to her Fed Cup career in February, winning both of her singles rubbers as Slovakia defeated Italy 3-2 in the World Group II first round.

Sunday sees the reverese singles rubbers, before Kristina Kucova and Cepelova are scheduled to take on Cindy Burger and Arantxa Rus in the fifth rubber.

R1: Jana Cepelova (SVK) v Richel Hogenkamp (NED)
R2: Rebecca Sramkova (SVK) v Kiki Bertens (NED)
R3: Jana Cepelova (SVK) v Kiki Bertens (NED)
R4: Rebecca Sramkova (SVK) v Richel Hogenkamp (NED)
R5: Kristina Kucova/Jana Cepelova (SVK) v Cindy Burger/Arantxa Rus (NED)

The bit in the drive bay

Slovak Jana Čepelová unit and two Dutch Richel Hogenkamp arrival on Saturday at 13.00 against each other in the opening singles relegation to participate in the World Cup group tennis federation. In the second single on clay in Bratislava NTC forces measured Slovak duo Rebecca Šramková and Dutch troops Kiki Bertens. Friday's ruling on the ticket.

Sunday's program AEOGON arena open at 13.00 duel of team units Cepelova and Bertens, then the court should enter Šramková a Hogenkamp. The final doubles nominated Slovak captain Matej Lipták pair Kristína Kučová, Čepelová, a Dutch woman would have to come up with tandem Cindy Burgerová, Arantxa Rusová. Slovakians will miss four current world Dominika Cibulková, who last Friday in training injured wrist and the right hand is in the plate. Chief Judge will be Canadian Tony Cho, in the role empajrových arbitrators will feature British woman Alison Hughesová and Croat Anja Vregová. Play with balls Dunlop Fort Clay Court.

In Fed Cup history will be a fourth mutual match, "Oranjes" result in mutual balance of 2: 1. Slovaks have Dutchwoman what recompense, in 2015 they lost on clay in Apeldoorn 1: 4th Liptáková Zverenky finally broken into the relegation thanks to a February victory 3: 2 on the soil of Italy. The heroine of Forli became a Fed Cup debutante Šramková that succeeded in both singles third point was added experienced Daniela Hantuchová. Her team lost in the first round of World Group on Hard in Minsk with household Belarus 1: 4, one point took care Bertens.

Slovak captain to decide on the nomination to dvojhier managed intuition. "We have a balanced team in which four power equal players. I hope I made the right choice, so I felt it. All girls are shown in excellent form. Rebecca played excellently in Italy. I firmly believe that it still has in itself positive emotions for this game, and it can also output administered at home. it is very motivated chance to climb toys from the elite world top twenty is for her big challenge. Janka played trainings great. I hope the good form can also transfer up matches and obtained important first point " said Liptak.

Čepelová Hogenkamp has a favorable balance of 2: 0, or the next match, however, not mentioned. "I do not remember when I was with her play, it was probably still in junior times. I take it as if I started against him for the first time. I will try to play as in training clay court at NTC for me. I believe the fans will come in large numbers and create a great atmosphere, "he stressed fosterling Kosice tennis.

Šramková experienced in February in the Italian Forli great Fed Cup debut, when he defeated Sara Errani and Francesca Schiavone, now you loosen home debut in the prestigious team competition. "The match was very forward. I looked out some videos of matches Bertens, live I saw her only a few times. I hope I do not come out. Kurt is great, we all sit. Duel against Bertens take it as a great challenge. It's very good quality toys, clay is its strongest finish, but I believe you. onset first time at home, but I do not feel increased anxiety. "

Bertens reached last year for "Red Sand" life success. Grand Slam at Roland Garros forwarded to the semifinal singles. "In Bratislava the clay I played very well. We had a great training with the girls, it was nice Fed Cup week. Rebecca I never did not play, but certainly it will be tough and even match." (TASR)

@ google translate

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 21. April 2017 21:45 

Local Time:
Daniela Hantuchová: I do not plan, above it still arrange otherwise

21. 4. 2017 | Dominika Mariňáková
Daniela Hantuchová had a program for the whole week, invitation Mateja Liptáka however adopted. Fed Cup is a priority for her.

On weekend ticket combat with the Netherlands came Daniela Hantuchová with a smile, but it was the best show mild fatigue. The Slovak team was joined Friday morning, the morning she could attend the first training already.

"I slept four hours today, this week is extremely busy. When I Mato (Liptak Ed. Ed.) Called, I was already on the way to Monaco. If I knew the day - two before they would make things easier for them, just the day before because I have everything confirmed.

But ultimately this is somehow resolved, on Tuesday night, we finally agreed to pack up and come. I had to cancel several meetings, but Fed Cup is the Fed Cup. This is a priority,"
Hantuchova nezaprela commitment to the national team, which is well known.

He postponed the birthday celebration
Sunday will be Poprad native 34 years, and plans to celebrate but had to retreat a representative invitation: "Well, it was decorated a little differently, so now we have to adapt to it," saying Commenting on the forthcoming birthday Hantuchova. "But it is an honor to lineup in the Slovak team. I very much enjoyed the fact that I'm with all those people and I'm glad I'm here."

Hantuchova cancellations program was also related to a new brand of healthy sweets that are on the market are just a few days. I do promotions among others tennis team missed yet, but admits that even to be there.

"Actually only Monday we have the product ready, so until then I did not want to announce something I was not physically in his hands. Since the beginning of the week we have e-commerce, online fičím and slowly go also in this direction," she indicated his future career after tennis.

She lives day by day
"It is with that a lot of work, but very much of it forward. Something I dream and finally it is a reality. They are not traditional sweets are not healthy things on it like most careful. I try to give it a hundred percent, but it's not easy. Still in addition, also because I have to train and to play tournaments, so I am looking for such a balance, so I can devote both things.

It did not consider therefore remain only in one activity? "Of course, in almost 34 years to come and also the idea that I would have paid just this. But I try to take day by day, see what life brings. Because one of the things I learned is to plan anything in life is completely unnecessary. There above it and so other arrangements. "

Since the February meeting of Fed Cup in Italy Hantuchova completed a tournament in Acapulco and Indian Wells, but also lower event levels, the quality of which is different from those top. Before that, however, the Cayman Islands attended one tennis event.

"I was on a beautiful exhibition match where I played with John McEnroe. I enjoyed it, it was really an experience, a lot of fun. Smaller tournament but it was also, in a sense experience. So poor villages I've never seen, I even considered whether the latter tournament ever I go. "

Ready to help and game boards
Hantuchova v Dominika Cibulkova replaced nomination, whose injury in addition to the composition of the Slovak team has also changed the position of favorite. Although the duel any destination or, if necessary, is ready to board. Predict the winner of this combat, however, he refused.

"After so many years, such tipovačky already completely unnecessary. When I'm on the team, I always ready to play. However, I accept as Mato decided it goes without saying, the other players are now much higher Ranking than me. But I'm here and I'll help in any way midwives will be needed, either on the court or outside. "

Among the most experienced Sloveniek moved in the same options as the rest of the team. This Decision captain Lipták seen as a continuation of building team spirit with which the Slovak team started in the Italian Forli.

"I think it's great. Man is less flyaway, especially now when they are in traffic jams. Excellent it is in the fact that we are here as a team. In Italy, it was a great week, I am glad that we have to follow up.

Fed Cup meetings are unique in that we are together as a team. After all, tennis is an individual sport, all year round we go from one tournament to another only with its own team. This is probably the most fundamental reason why I'm here. Because of the atmosphere, which this year is amazing. "

@ google translate

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 22. April 2017 15:34 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 05:34
Cepelova in straight sets.
Bertens ditto. 1 apiece.
They'll settle this on Daniela's birthday.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 22. April 2017 16:49 

Local Time:
SR - Netherlands after the first day of 1: 1

After the first day of the playoff for promotion to World Group Fed Cup is a state of combat Slovakia - Netherlands Aegon Arena in 1: 1st Rebecca Šramková lost the singles in the second unit of the Netherlands, 20 player of the world, Kiki Bertens 1: 6, 3: 6th The initial point is taken care of Jana Čepelová victory over Richel Hogenkamp.

Šramková for which it was Saturday home Fed Cup debut, lose in the opening geme in its administration or Shaman. In the following minutes, but the events hooked completely dominated Bertens. Dutchwoman won six games in a row. Servovala quality, skilfully varied rhythm game effectively used slajz. Šramková tried to be aggressive, but doing too many unforced errors. At the beginning of the second act began Šramková perform daring game that charmed fans at the premiere of the Fed Cup winning Italian Forli. After two BREJK lead 3: 0 and 30: 0th Dutchwoman but the course set confirmed what was last year in the semifinals of Roland Garros. As in the first set she won six games in a row and the score 5: 3 transformed thanks to ace the very first match point.

Šramková was disappointed after losing. "I am very sorry that I nedokášala build on the victories of matches in Italy. Before the match I felt nervous. I hope that on Sunday I can Maťo Lipták again have a chance. Kiki Bertens today showed why in the elite world twenties. Did not do hardly any Unforced errors makes me a lot of run and pushed me away from the baseline. Too bad I'm in the second set did not use lead to 3: 0 and 30: 0. I tried to get the ball in the ball, the quality aug it's not enough," said Slovak .

Liptak was counting on the fact that after the first day will be 1: 1st "Status 1: 1 is expected considering Ranking position player wore. Janka was better match had from beginning to end under control. She gave a solid performance, he mastered perfectly. For Rebecca, it was a new situation, yet never played in front of home fans and today paid tax. Throughout the duel was tied up and come close to it, which is capable of. at the beginning of the second set was finally caught on return but by the score of 3: 0 failed to maintain a high level. Everything is open. In Sunday's meeting, we will go with that we want to win. "

Bertens had a countervailing point of pleasure. "It took place'm very good match. Richel in the opening singles losing and I was under more pressure, but I managed it. Even in the second set, I remained calm, although I was losing 0: 3 and 0:30. I'm glad I won in straight sets. I waited that Rebecca will play aggressively. it has great potential still needs to work on constancy of performance. " Dutch captain Paul Haarhuis was with the state of 1: 1 after the first day satisfied. "Kiki played very well on clay feels like a fish in water. Too bad it can not handle Richel end games. Her match against the blade was much more balanced than the result shows."

In Fed Cup history to a fourth mutual match, "Oranjes" result in mutual balance of 2: 1. Slovaks have Dutchwoman what recompense, in 2015 they lost on clay in Apeldoorn 1: 4th Liptáková Zverenky finally broken into the relegation thanks to a February victory 3: 2 on the soil of Italy. The heroine of Forli became a Fed Cup debutante Šramková that succeeded in both singles third point was added experienced Daniela Hantuchová. (TASR)

@ google translate

Šrámkova Bertens lost the status is 1: 1

BRATISLAVA - Dvojka home systems for single Rebecca Šramková losing in 65 minutes with a 1: 6, 3: 6, with clearly the favorite leader of hostiek Kiki Bertens of the final second Saturday singles within the weekend Bratislava meeting Slovakia - Netherlands in the play-off of the global group of the Federation Cup 2018 tennis women's representative teams. In the second set while hopefully it leads 3: 0 and 30: 0 at the dealer. Earlier on clay under overcast roof Aegon arena NTC unit hostiteliek Jana Čepelová defeated number two choice "country of tulips" Richel Hogenkamp for 94 minutes 6: 3, 6: 2nd

Status before Sunday therefore is 1: 1st 13.00 h will gradually take place singles Čepelová - Bertens a Šramková - Hogenkamp and eventually doubles Čepelová, Kristína Kučová - Cindy Burgerová, Arantxa Rusová. Captains Matej Lipták and Paul Haarhuis may make changes.

"I am very sorry that I did not confirm home to Italy of February ... I hope the captain Maťo Lipták tomorrow I will have a chance to correct it, I should nevertheless weaker on paper grueling as it was today Bertens. Dutchwoman practically made no mistakes and forced me run behind the baseline, let me get to court. Even the score of 3: 0 and 30: 0 in the second set I have to take the ball for the ball. Finally, my performance was not enough. I'm sorry that I did the team thus ruined, " she said Šramková for RTVS.

Bratislavčanka Šramková twenty years (in 126 reviews) now has a balance of the Fed Cup 2: 2, the previous defeat suffered in doubles, which could no longer influence the success Sloveniek. Against 25-year-old Member of the Top 20 and semifinalist last year's Paris Grand Slam Roland Garros on clay Bertens just played the premiere career. It was her first Fed Cup start at home. Dutchwoman currently has in this contest remarkable score 23: 4, of which 17 in singles: 2nd

Čepelová also Hogenkamp nastrieľali after winning 18 strokes, but the winner had a significantly stronger hand: made 25 unforced errors, 45 to defeating Slovakian converted 7 of 11 brejkbalov while Dutchwoman only 4 of the 14th

"I am very glad that I made this challenging game won. It was not easy to confirm the role of favorite. Do not play like a good one, but I managed it. Hogenkamp is unpredictable, performs a masculine type of tennis, often slajzuje. I tried to observe the tactics that we the captain set - print to network, behave aggressively and take off his game. at some point I was not the best, I have endeavored not to think about it. it is certainly room for improvement, " said Čepelová for RTVS.

Dvadsaťtriročná Košičanka Čepelová, 99th in the WTA ranking computer has the 25-year Hogenkamp (136) statistics already 3: 0th He pushed through the 2010 season in Helsinki, Finland, and in 2012 the Mexican Poza Rica. It has been consistently in senior events under the auspices of the International Tennis Federation, the latter retired. Zverenkyňa Martina Zathureckého Čepelová now has a balance of PF 6: 7, of which 3 in singles: 4th Hogenkamp still cost significantly more favorable 15: 7 in singles 7: 4th

The official preliminary squad SR has four World Dominika Cibulková, but last week during Friday's training session at the fall of the injured wrist dominant right hand and on Monday will have a reinforcing plate may be forcibly omitted and next week's tournament in Stuttgart, Germany. He replaced the national Fed Cup record holder Daniela Hantuchová.

Slovakia appears on the 13th rung in the rankings ITF Fed Cup, the Netherlands is 8th position. Holders of the Federation Cup in 2002 Slovaks lost to Dutchwoman 1: 4 in February 2015 on clay in Apeldoorn in round 1 II. World Group. Although Hošťka then sent to lead Karolína Schmiedlová against Bertens, but then Magdaléna Rybáriková lost to the Russians a Rusová and Bertens cope with Kar. Schmiedlova. Slovaks failed even in formal doubles.

Netherlands leads in the balance of mutual Battle 2: 1. Slovaks in July 1996 on clay on the court Slovan Bratislava in the duel of elite lost 2: 3 at home playing Henrieta Nagyová, Karina Habšudová and Deblov and Radka Zrubáková. By SR revenge reached in April 2006 on neutral ground in Bulgarian Plovdiv tournament group euroafrickej zone. The sufficient lead 2: 0 in the Single Rybáriková care (6: 3, 6: 2 v Elise Tamaelovej) a Hantuchová (4: 6, 7: 6/5 /, 6: 2 v Michaelle Krajicek). The Deblov Cibulková and Janette Husárová lost 6: 1, 0: 6, 4: 6 with a pair Marrit Boonstrová, Brenda Schultzová-McCarthy.

The Netherlands in 1968 and 1997 final is played on World Cup teams ITF, last year was in the semifinals, which was not enough for France (2: 3). In February, it lost the 1: 4 in Minsk with Belarus in the quarterfinal round 1 of the World Group. The squad were Bertens, Burgerová, Rusová a Krajicek. For health reasons, he missed Hogenkamp, ​​who graduated from wrist surgery. Slovaks in the same period unexpectedly overcame domestic iTalk 3: 2 on indoor clay PalaGalassi in Forli in round 1 II. World Group. Compared with the current formulation was instead physically unwell K. Kučovej in the squad Kar. Schmiedlová.

If the challenger this year approved the extension of the World Cup group Federation, Slovakia team will be next season in elite company, regardless of the actual outcome. Definitively whether the 2018 season will be an elite company of the Fed Cup sixteen participants instead of the previous eight fall by 1 to 4 August at the annual general meeting ITF Vietnamese in Ho Chi Minh City.

State of weekend meetings in the playoff of World Group Fed Cup tennis 2018 women's national teams:

Slovakia - Netherlands 1: 1 after Saturday's singles
(Bratislava, clay roof under cloudy Aegon arena NTC)

Sunday - ESP:
Rebecca Šramková - Kiki Bertens 1: 6, 3: 6 for 65 minutes (25, 40)

The result of the first singles Saturday:
Jana Čepelová - Richel Hogenkamp 6: 3, 6: 2 for 94 minutes (54, 40)

Remaining schedule:
Tuesday (progressively from 13.00 h):
Singles:
Jana Čepelová - Kiki Bertens
Rebecca Šramková - Richel Hogenkamp
Doubles:
Jana Čepelová, Kristína Kučová - Cindy Burgerová, Arantxa Rusová

Both started to service sovereign to zero. Šramková in the third geme allowed double-faulted, aggressive and precise Krose Bertens faced brejkbalov and it was late at forehand - 1: 2nd Team then confirmed the fine leak - 3: 1. Moreover, in the fifth game to return but rebounded at 40:15. Finally, needed the third chance, have the already used efficient shorts. It had much more room, visibility and security than hitting Slovak.

Šrámkova missing clue, everything was going to frustratingly fast against it. Played with the expected enthusiasm, but also due to inaccuracies could get Bertens under pressure and benefit from his energetic speech. Vyznievala rather disorderly and premotivovane. In the sixth game led by double faults grueling 30:15, but did not add extension 1 - 5th Subsequently administered to fail in the first set, sacked forehand said aug two occasions and she did not hesitate.

Under the influence of memories for February it was clear that Šramková is capable of playing much better. Bertens opened the second set double faults, at least kept in it was symbolism. Slovak Accurate forehand into the corner used the second single brejkbal. Bounce easily confirmed at 15 and even at zero to make up a lead 3: 0 with double angle. The balance of power has changed as quickly as input set has elapsed.

Bertens, however, refused to wave a hand over this act, even though the income in the fourth geme had a shortage 12:30. Return the quality indulged brejkbal and turned it coercive forehand along the line. Encouraged by Dutchwoman after this reduction, adjusted for the 2: 3rd In addition to returne soon be 30: 0 and Slovenkin backhand over the next two brejkbaly meant. Came grossly overshot forehand - 3: 3rd

Bertens to alert a fighter ride back was full of events, he turns over to zero at 4: 3. Culminated in an effective administration. The so-called momentum could return back to "Oranjes". After a hasty forehand error ŠRAMKOVÁ at 15:40 on the service in the eighth game as if for good. Dutch woman has reached the pressure rigorous finished entering forehand into the free part of the areola 5 - 3rd He administered to triumph. Although started - the fourth time in this Sete - Double faults, but without a shudder strongly enough to rectify. Blown Slovenkin backhand it added two mečbaly, needed only one. He pulled an ace.

2 google translate

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 23. April 2017 05:24 

Local Time:
Nice to see that the leopard otherwise known as Ilie Nastase has not yet changed his spots. :lol:
(Exactly what high intellect named him coach of a Fed Cup team?)

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 23. April 2017 15:58 

Local Time:
Netherlands have won the tie as Hogenkamp just beat Kucova ins straight sets. Bertens beat Cepelova earlier.

Daniela's going to play Doubles with Rebecca Sramkova against Rus & Burger.

Doubles match didn't last long Daniela & Sramkova won 2-1 by retirement.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 23. April 2017 17:48 

Local Time:
Daniela, a big congratulations!

Daniela Hantuchová on Sunday celebrated his 34th birthday in style - right on the court Aegon Arena. From the hands of David Jude ITF representative and president STZ Tibor Macko took the first Fed Cup Representative of Slovakia Award for dedication ITF granted for long-term representation in the Fed Cup. Previously in the dressing room to congratulate the birthday.

The former world player of the fifth Daniela Hantuchová today become a member of another elite tennis company. For many years the Fed Cup representation in the International Tennis Federation awarded the prize for loyalty.

Slovak Fed Cup legend as numbers 31 games played Slovak record holder, was a key member of the team that in 2002 won for Slovakia a winning trophy.

In a fantastic tennis career Daniela Hantuchova, four times Grand Slam champion in doubles stirred, Fed Cup is still a matter of heart. Twice he won Fed Cup Heart, which is decided by performance and affection fans. Daniel made her debut in the Fed Cup as a 16-year-old in Moscow in 1999. Since then, Slovakia took place in 57 matches, including 37 wins. While the last one was in February, on clay Forli against Italy, when Slovakia won the 3: 2 and advanced to play off the world group.

The award for commitment to acquire players, having to his credit more than 20 meetings in the world group. Daniela Hantuchová in the global group represented in 28 meetings. For Slovakia since 1994 it played in the Fed Cup player wore 23.

Hantuchova is the first to achieve such METU.

Daniele is a great recognition, thanks and congratulations twice since April 23 celebrates birthday! All the best and a lot of joy from tennis, which he loves above all else.

Daniela Hantuchová: "It is for me an exceptional honor. When I flew to Bratislava, absolutely, I had no idea about this award. It is nice that I got him right on the birthday. When I thought that the Fed Cup play polka life, almost I burst into tears," confessed the Hantuchova, who in February contributed to the triumph of 3: 2 in Italian Forli, where the initial Sunday's singles defeated Sara Errani.
The most beautiful game in the Fed Cup career marked the victorious duel against Conchita Martinez in the final against Spain in 2002. "It was probably the most beautiful game ever, because we won the Fed Cup. I'd love to recall the duel against Amelie Mauresmo in Incheba of the same year that I came out fantastic. Do not forget the victory over Jelena Jankovic from Belgrade 2010. If I had to choose the worst match I would have chosen a failed doubles from home meetings against the Serb in 2011, in which we did not use Rybarikova with Magda line 6: 2, 5: 1 and 30: 0th this defeat, I bear very hard. I knew I would imagine in the future, its presence in the role of the Fed Cup captain. They would, however, want the baby. " (STZ, TASR)
@ google translate

Daniela Hantuchová has enjoyed great honor: this price is not yet any Slovak
today, 15:30

Daniela Hantuchová to Sunday in Bratislava NTC as the first Slovak tennis player took the award for commitment to the national team in the Fed Cup. The International Tennis Federation (ITF) granted her a toy that played in the World Group for at least 20 meetings. Hantuchova she started in 31 Fed Cup duel. In singles a balance of 32 wins and 14 losses, 5-6 in doubles.

In 2002 he contributed in Spanish Maspalomase significantly to the historical triumph of Slovakia in the prestigious team competition. In the Fed Cup debut as a 16-year-old in July 1999 in a fight with Russia at the Olympic Stadium in Moscow. Together with Ludmila Cervanova then in the final doubles overcame a pair Jelena Dementievová, Jelena Makarovová. Between 2012 and 2013 he received a vote Fed Cup fans 'heart' for his performances in matches with France and Serbia.

Hantuchova handed over the price on the day of her 34th birth before the start of the second playing day relegation to participate in the World Group between the Netherlands and Slovak President STZ Tibor Macko and ITF representative David Jude.

"It is for me an exceptional honor. When I flew to Bratislava , absolutely, I had no idea about this award. It is nice that I got him right on the birthday. When I thought that the Fed Cup play polka life, I almost burst into tears , " importance, Hantuchová that in February involved in triumph 3: 2 in the Italian Forli, wherein the preamble Sunday's singles defeated Sara Errani.

The most beautiful game in the Fed Cup career marked the victorious duel against Conchita Martinez in the final against Spain in 2002. "It was probably the most beautiful game ever, because we won the Fed Cup. I'd love to recall the duel against Amelie Mauresmo in Incheba of the same year that I came out fantastic. Do not forget the victory over Jelena Jankovic from Belgrade 2010. If I had to choose the worst match I would have chosen a failed doubles from home meetings against the Serb in 2011, in which we did not use Rybarikova with Magda line 6: 2, 5: 1 and 30: 0th this defeat, I bear very hard. I knew I would imagine in the future, its presence in the role of the Fed Cup captain. They would, however, want the baby. "
@ google translate

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 23. April 2017 18:28 

Local Time:
This award is fantastic. It's been heartwarming in the last few years to see Daniela being recognized for all her achievements and for the person she truly is. Happy birthday, sweet lady.
Will await word on what caused the retirement. Cross my fingers.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 23. April 2017 22:45 

Local Time:
SR lost to the Netherlands 2: 3

Slovak tennis players lost to the Netherlands in the play-off to participate in the World Group Fed Cup 2: 3rd The decisive third point for the team captain Paula Haarhuisa take care Richel Hogenkamp Dutch duo that defeated Kristína Kucova 7: 5, 6: 4th Kučová in the final singli replaced the originally nominated Rebecca ŠRÁMKOVÁ. Dot for doubles showdown was that Dutch women celebrating after three gemoch INJURIES.

Kiki Bertens in the opening singles in Sunday's combat units of team defeated the Jana Cepelova 6: 3, 6: 3rd Her team build on the triumph of 4: 1 in Apeldoorn 2015, and in mutual balance has lead 3: 1. Despite losing Slovaks still have a chance to be in 2018 is between elite if in August in Vietnam passed a new model of competition and expansion of the global group of eight to sixteen participants.

Kučová against Hogenkamp in the opening Sete twice erased deficit counterattacks, in the endgame, however, had the upper hand Dutchwoman. With the score 5: 5 for the third time in the match broke the administration and Slovaks in their own service then turned very first seeding. Hogenkamp make fewer unforced errors than on Saturday in a duel with a blade, was more confident in long rallies from the baseline.

At the beginning of the second act showcased Kučová several demonstration winner after line after a counterattack in the fourth geme rebounded on aug 3: 1. Dutchwoman but then won four games in a row and match to a successful conclusion. The score 5: 4 converted to winning backhand longlajne The third match point, and offset the mutual balance of the Kučová 2: 2nd

Slovak was disappointed after losing. "I am sorry that I could not carve out a balancing point. Unlike Hogenkamp, which was rozohratejšia, I can not handle crucial moments, missed me better concentration. It was not easy to get on the score 2: 1. The whole week has plagued injured groin. Captain Maťo Lipták I nevertheless gave confidence. Now, when I injured odtejpovala place, so I feel a little. During the match, however, I thought the injury, did not limit me, "said Kučová.

Liptak expected that after the state singles 2: 2nd "We all thought that Kika equals to 2: 2 and decided to doubles. Janka took place against Bertens excellent match, but Kiki showed why it is so high in the rankings. In Fed Cup matches could bring an even better performance in tournaments. Janka could succeed only if it played the whole match high standard. I had a dilemma, who stand in the final singles. I decided to Kiku, which was not a hundred percent fit, but the workouts played great. Hogenkamp but played on a class better than the Janke a although Kika fought. to gain countervailing point was not enough. Discarding over budget we made injury Dominica. Despite the defeat, I believe that this summer approved a new model of competition and in 2018 we will play in the world group. If you give me a federation trust, I would've stayed at the captain's chair, because the team has created a great bunch. "

Hogenkamp the master Haarhuisovi odvďačila confidential. "I am very happy that we won, and we succeeded as a whole team. Yesterday I missed my chance, now I have them converted, it was a fundamental difference. Overall, I think that I am against Kucova give a very good performance."

Haarhuis had after the duel reason to smile. "I am very satisfied with the result and with today's performance of girls. Kiki was in the Fed Cup again presented in great shape and improve your balance at 17: 2nd Richel played much more aggressively than against the blade and gems, in which were the same, this one could get in his favor." (TASR)
@ google translate

BERTENS AND HOGENKAMP CLAIM VICTORY FOR NETHERLANDS
23 Apr 2017 Kate Battersby

A lot of home fans would have left Bratislava’s Aegon Arena pondering what might have been on Sunday evening, after the Netherlands saw off Slovakia to clinch their place in next year’s World Group in the Fed Cup by BNP Paribas.

With the joust all square going into day two, Kiki Bertens notched up her second point of the weekend by despatching Jana Cepelova 63 63 before Richel Hogenkamp overturned a 41-place ranking disadvantage to seal the tie with a 75 64 victory over Kristina Kucova. The 'dead' doubles barely got started before sickness forced Cindy Burger to scratch, when she and Arantxa Rus were 1-2 to Daniela Hantuchova and Rebecca Sramkova.

It turned out that this was a tie all about the playing surface, chosen by the home side for the advantage of their key player - who ultimately wasn’t there. It is an overstatement to say that all was lost for Slovakia the moment Dominika Cibulkova fell during practice just over a week ago, severely jarring her right wrist. But when her withdrawal was officially announced last Wednesday, the Dutch recognised at once that the complexion of the contest had altered beyond recognition, for more reasons than Cibulkova’s status as the world No. 4.

Indoor clay was chosen by captain Matej Liptak (also Cibulkova’s own coach) to maximise her chances of banking two vital singles points for Slovakia. But the tactic was brutally exposed when she was unable to play, because without her the rest of the squad was far likelier to prosper on indoor hard court. By ironic contrast, with the line-up altered, the clay favoured the Dutch.

"Yes, I chose the surface for her to try to get those points," confirmed Liptak. "If I had known Dominika would not have been in the team, I would have thought differently about the surface, to try to create problems for our opponents. But the whole team agreed to the clay court and they were ready. I think we could still have done it on the clay, but that’s life. That’s sport."

The Dutch, as might be expected post-victory, saw the matter as decisive. But they were not without sympathy.

"As soon as we heard about her injury, we knew they had picked the wrong surface," said captain Paul Haarhuis. "I knew the clay would be to their disadvantage. I think they had to choose clay because otherwise Cibulkova would not have committed to play. So if I were Slovakian with that choice to make, I would also have chosen clay."

Hogenkamp concurred that the entire tie hinged on the surface.

"In the end ironically the clay helped us rather than Slovakia," she said. "They counted on Cibulkova playing. It would have been a whole different match if she had played. As soon as we heard she was out, yes of course it changed all our thinking. It would have been tough for us with her or without her, on clay or on hard, but on indoor clay without her it gave us an advantage, and we made it count."

That last point should not be overlooked. It was not that the entire contest became a foregone conclusion once the fates conspired against Slovakia. Hogenkamp particularly transformed her frustration on Saturday – when she was unable to take her chances against Jana Cepelova – into the clinching victory on Sunday.

"This was like revenge against myself," she grinned afterwards. "I’m so happy." Her understandable satisfaction was matched only by Kristina Kucova’s misery at suffering such a defeat in front of her home-town crowd in Bratislava.

"This is the toughest loss I have ever suffered," she said, and it underlined again the unique extremes of emotion which this competition evokes in those who compete in it. For every glorious victory, there is a brutal defeat; for every fairytale, a thousand dreams broken into smithereens. Only the bravest dare challenge for the Fed Cup.

COMMITMENT AWARD
The Fed Cup Commitment Award is presented by the ITF to players who have shown long-standing dedication to representing their country in this prestigious competition. Each Award recipient has competed in a minimum of 20 World Group ties or 40 ties at any level of the competition (including Zone Group Events) over their career

The Award was conceived by the Fed Cup Committee and was launched at the Fed Cup Final in 2016. A total of 132 players have so far met the criteria. All recipients are awarded trophies as well as being recognised in a dedicated section on the official Fed Cup website. The record holder for the most ties played at all levels of the competition is Anne Kremer from Luxembourg, who has played a total of 74 ties. With 58 ties played, Spain’s Arantxa Sanchez Vicario heads the list of players who have competed in 20 World Group ties for their country.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 25. April 2017 15:23 

Local Time:
Captain Liptak: I believe that the game against the Netherlands meant nothing

When Matej Lipták (39) meet the court, emotions obviously leaves it. Slovak Fed Cup team captain acts reporters every time peacefully. Tells easy, soberly.

Avoiding the grand gesture, unnecessarily strong language. Otherwise, it was not even following the meeting of the Federation Cup, in which the Slovak tennis players were not enough for the Dutch women (2: 3).

The experienced and inexperienced
We all expect that the winner will be decided by doubles. I was hoping Kristína Kučová confirm the match s Richel Hogenkamp role of favorite. I admit that even on Sunday morning, I had the dilemma of whom to nominate this battle. Kučová although not one hundred percent fit, but the workouts performed well. I thought that as a unit team should take these difficult moments for yourself. Similarly important game but before the Fed Cup did not play. Lacks experience, which are in this competition extremely important. Yes, I was in Talo and Daniela Hantuchova. The team, however, came only on Thursday evening. If I had it available throughout the week, I would probably bet on it. I decided otherwise, however, it has not changed.

The (un) deployment Šramková
Rebecca over the week I did not think. This does not mean that I would not believe her. I am convinced that on Sunday to perform better than on Saturday. The important point, however, I did not want to take the risk of pulling the toy, which previously did not perfect performance.

O factors Bertensová
It confirmed that the position is high - 20 place. And that in the Fed Cup served even better performance than in tournaments. He showed that he has enough experience. Jana Čepelová could be unable to take care of her surprise. But only if it would at all times keep the level of their game on superior level. Bertens handle the pressure. Hats off to those who demonstrated in Bratislava.

The choice of surface
Most player wore was for the clay. It is true that we chose it also because of Dominika Cibulkova, but which ultimately did not play. Over the change we thought just to have made rivals cut over budget.

Team without Cibulková
We will do everything to make next year the Slovak colors played. But it's not just my decision. In addition, Fed Cup is not just about who is as high in the rankings. You also need the appropriate type of player wore. See, for example, for Belarus. Do you think it's a team that belongs to the finals? Or the Netherlands: it is supported by only one above-standard toys.

Others play in tournaments weaker in the Fed Cup, however, they can shut down a great performance. Our team will similarly appear Šramková or Čepelová. I recognize, however, that we need more quality. However, if you Talo five global player wore Choose from three elite deblových couples have it a little easier. An example is Czech, which can stand only A, B as well as C-team.

The extension of the world
I firmly believe that will happen what is called a global group expanded International Tennis Federation from 8 to 16 teams. Supposedly this is only a formal Swipe. If officials do so before these meetings, they should basically no meaning. And in this respect I hope that the combat with the Netherlands nothing.

About their future
Whether I stay in the national team and next season, I decide alone. Anyway, the atmosphere in the team is currently perfect. If you do not have professional concerns and love I will stay in his post.

@ google translate

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments