HAPPY BIRTHDAY DANIELA        Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 311 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Career Grand Slam
 Post subject: Re: Australian Open
PostPosted: 23. January 2010 20:51 

Local Time:
|27. April 2024| 11:47
considering she looks even thinner than last year.I wouldn't worry too much about the weight,I actually think she's been too bulky the last couple of seasons and it has affected her movement(which was pretty good today). As long as her arms look healthy there's no reason to be unduly concerned.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 24. January 2010 05:01 

Local Time:
|27. April 2024| 10:47
Mixed doubles live stream:

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 24. January 2010 06:50 

Local Time:
|27. April 2024| 06:47
They won 6-3, 3-6, 10-6... Phew, I thought they werent gonna make it.

I guess they need to get used to playing together 8-)

They were both patchy, but a win nontheless... Keep having fun, daniela :)

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 24. January 2010 07:04 

Local Time:
Pretty good win in the mixed doubles.
Nestor was an absolute beast in the first set: blasting down serves, putting away volleys and passing shots and Daniela did what she had to and they won the first set easily enough. They were always in control of it.
Daniela & Nestor should have been in straight sets as Daniela & Nestor had 7BPs but didn't take any of them while Medina Garrigues & Sa took their only BP. Sa's volleying and net play in the second set was very good and he won a load of points and while Daniela & Nestor weren't quite as good as they were in the first set. In the match tiebreak most of the rallies were from the baseline and Daniela & Nestor's superior serves and groundstrokes won a lot of points and they also did well at the net.

Daniela played well, she looked like she enjoyed herself and she had some good volleys and passing shots. Nestor's a good partner to have. He had a fan club there who kept chanting "let's go Daniel, let's go" at changeovers, I felt it was a bit of a shame they weren't dressed as Mounties but it was probably too hot.

banned
PostPosted: 24. January 2010 09:11 

Local Time:
Great win in the mixed.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 24. January 2010 11:44 

Local Time:
Justine you are simply a goddess amongst mortals. Dementieva,Kleybanova and Wickmayer have all played out of their minds against you,and you came through them all.

I suspect Daniela is going to be dining off the 3 wins she had against Yanina in her dotage,because she looks a cert for Grand Slams in the future.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 24. January 2010 11:52 

Local Time:
A great win against two very good doubles players. Next up its Makarova/Levinsky (who are certainly beatable). Kirilenko/Zimonjic[5] would be an interesting quarter-final, and beyond that it looks likely that they would meet the sixth seeds Kleybanova/Mirnyi (who would make a tough match). I'm confident that they can go far, particularly since Daniela went all the way to the women's doubles final last year with Ai (and she had lost relatively early on then as well). It would be great to see Daniela lift a grand slam title again in her career, and I think mixed doubles competition is her best opportunity.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 24. January 2010 21:48 

Local Time:
Daniela & Nestor are the second match on Court 3. Play starts at 11am.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 24. January 2010 22:06 

Local Time:
She has a great support in the crowd :) I like that :slovakia:

Everything in life happens for a reason

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 24. January 2010 22:10 

Local Time:
Hantuchova after the procedure to 2 Round made a secret mix of satisfaction and pochvaľovala to work with Nestor, who for many years one of the best in the world deblistom. "With Daniel, I played really great. Deblista is an excellent, excellent vykrýva farmstead and is great for the network. We saw a hill of fun on the court. It was my first gig in the mix for Grandslam after three years and I am glad that I have not forget to play. The opening round was a very good match. Even with Medina Garrigues in doubles are strong, so people will come to his, especially seeing the quantity of beautiful supertajbrejku exchanges. The atmosphere in the auditorium was again great. While we were playing the sixes, lost a lot of fans who encouraged us with Daniel. Makarova Monday against the Levinský it will be equally difficult struggle. Ekaterina is very good in doubles and Jarda deblistom is very experienced," she told Reuters Hantuchova, who is the holder of a complete collection of Grand Slam titles in the mix .

@google translation.

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 25. January 2010 02:15 

Local Time:
Ekaterina Makarova(RUS) / Jaroslav Levinsky(CZE) def. Daniela Hantuchova(SVK)[2] /
Daniel Nestor(CAN)[2] Walkover. :( :(

Fan de Daniela en toutes circonstances.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 25. January 2010 03:03 

Local Time:
Ekaterina Makarova(RUS) / Jaroslav Levinsky(CZE) def. Daniela Hantuchova(SVK)[2] /
Daniel Nestor(CAN)[2] Walkover. :( :(

This really sucks. I don't know the reason but I hope that Daniela's okay. Benji mentioned that there were rumours about Daniela being sick earlier in the tournament. Nestor could be wanting to save himself for the men's doubles as he's in the QFs there and he may have an injury and/or need rest and not want to push himself in the mixed. Whatever the reason, it's such a letdown for Daniela's tournament to end like this.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 25. January 2010 03:20 

Local Time:
|27. April 2024| 06:47
I hope it's just a preventive retirement... I was pumped to see danka far into the mixed draw :(

Hope she is ok

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 25. January 2010 04:11 

Local Time:
|27. April 2024| 04:47
OK, now it really sucks that she lost to Li because Wozniacki just gift wrapped the R16 match. She hit three winners (you read that right) in 19 games.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 25. January 2010 04:11 

Local Time:
Well, Na Li was today playing even better than with Daniela. :/ Omg, something happened to Wozniackis leg in the middle of the first set and all UE started comming :( She was leading and Na Li took the first set anyway... :(

And Daniela wasnt even playing?! No way! Hope shes fine :(

but here we go... Why all my favourite players always have to lose somehow!!? :evil:

Everything in life happens for a reason

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 311 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next