Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 311 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 21  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Grand Slam Champion
 Post subject: Re: Australian Open
PostPosted: 21. January 2010 06:28 

Local Time:
|3. May 2024| 00:17
Great win for Daniela!

Nice to see some pretty positive stats.

She didn't decide to give us a heart attack this match! Lovely woman.

"Talent is one step away from being lazy" -- Daniela Hantuchova

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 21. January 2010 06:34 

Local Time:
|2. May 2024| 10:17
Really clean match, Daniela was patient, went for her shots at the right time, used some variety (13/15 of net approaches, I think)... Much much much better than yesterday :)

The serve could've been so much better, not even 50%, thanks heavens Arvidsson is no great returner.
Also, Daniela's returns of serve were many times wasted oportunities because she went for too much.

Hope she can keep this controlled self when facing Li who is very much prone to UEs.

Defended her points!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

ps: Daniela looks so so so so good in that outfit, the skirt lenght (although scandalous for some) fits her amazingly :hearts: :hearts:

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 21. January 2010 06:39 

Local Time:
|3. May 2024| 00:17
As a side note, it's pretty odd to see Daniela playing mixed doubles. Maybe it's a recommendation from someone in her team, but i was certain she mentioned in some interview that she was concentrating on her singles this season. I guess it doesn't make a huge difference. I can imagine she'll only gain confidence from it... but it's just odd more than anything else because she's already won everything there is to win in mixed doubles.

"Talent is one step away from being lazy" -- Daniela Hantuchova

blue webmaster
PostPosted: 21. January 2010 06:49 

Local Time:
|2. May 2024| 14:17
what a pleasant surprise :o
I just came back from delivering the newspapers and read the result =)
I wish I could have seen it.. anyway, the neyt match will surely be on a show court, so I hope I'll finally get to see her on a live stream..

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 21. January 2010 06:55 

Local Time:
|2. May 2024| 10:17
As a side note, it's pretty odd to see Daniela playing mixed doubles. Maybe it's a recommendation from someone in her team, but i was certain she mentioned in some interview that she was concentrating on her singles this season. I guess it doesn't make a huge difference. I can imagine she'll only gain confidence from it... but it's just odd more than anything else because she's already won everything there is to win in mixed doubles.

Maybe she wants to get better at returning? Dunno... Maybe is just to do something relaxing, you know she loves to play dubs.

blue webmaster
PostPosted: 21. January 2010 07:01 

Local Time:

Maybe she wants to get better at returning? Dunno... Maybe is just to do something relaxing, you know she loves to play dubs.

True, after Ai's retirement she said, she'd concentrate on singles, but maybe she thought that It would be fun to play some tennis without any pressure. I mean, if they lose, it's not a big deal, but still she had some fun.
Playing mixed at a Grand Slam doesn't mean to play doubles all the time

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 21. January 2010 07:18 

Local Time:
Nestor's is one of the best doubles players so I'm guessing that Daniela felt it was an honour and an opportunity to play with him and to be involved late in the tournament like she was last year and also just have some fun playing.

In mixed doubles in slams they just use the normal tour doubles scoring system, so ad wins the game and a super tiebreak, so it's not going to be too physically demanding or take too much time.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 21. January 2010 11:44 

Local Time:
|2. May 2024| 15:17
First time I've got to see Daniela this year,and she played a very solid match-FH was clicking nicely and she was also utilising the off-BH DTL very effectively. It's hard to tell what her level really is like because Arvidsson tried gamely but wasn't in the same class.

Serving is still an issue-she served beautifully for her first three service games and then lost the radar completely. Her returning was also pretty shoddy in the first set,which explains the closeness of the score.

Didn't seem particularly happy for some reason-she was having a right old chunter to herself during the second set-probably annoyed with all the lairy Swedish fans!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 21. January 2010 13:12 

Local Time:
I managed to watch the first set before I gave in and had to go to sleep, but I could go to sleep feeling very confident that Daniela would go on to win the match. Daniela's play in the first set was some of the more assured and confident striking of the ball that I had seen from Daniela in a long, long time so I wasnt surprised when I saw that she completed the win 6-1 in the second. I don't want to put a dampener on things here but this result makes me think back to Brisbane, when Daniela scraped through in the first round, then breezed through the second round, only to come undone quite badly in the Quarter Finals. I hope that this isnt the case here, cause despite the ranking difference, Na Li is certainly not unbeatable and this is a great opportunity for Daniela to gain some points after consolidating last years result.

Scott

http://www.facebook.com/scotthatley1987
http://twitter.com/scotthatley87

Profile WWW

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 21. January 2010 13:32 

Local Time:
Next Opponent...

imageNa Li (CHN)

WTA Ranking: 17
Birthplace: Wuhan, China
Height: 5'7 3/4"
YTD W/L: 3-2
2009 W/L: 35-16

Head to Head vs Daniela: 1-2

2006 - Dubai, Hard, R32, Hantuchova bt. Li 3-6 6-4 7-6(4)
2006 - Doha, Hard, R16, Li bt. Hantuchova 4-6 7-6(5) 6-1
2007 - Indian Wells, Hard, Semi Final, Hantuchova bt. Li 7-5 4-6 6-1

Scot
t

http://www.facebook.com/scotthatley1987
http://twitter.com/scotthatley87

Profile WWW

Tier III Title Holder
PostPosted: 21. January 2010 15:37 

Local Time:
In conclusion, we can say that if Daniela comes to 2 in the third set, she will win!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 21. January 2010 17:20 

Local Time:
Well, she had this match in control.

But Im worry about the next one. Dani can beat Li Na, but it will be 3 set match, I think that there will be some set change over, hope for the Danis good... :o

She has a day off, so hope she wil get some rest before the next battle :)

Everything in life happens for a reason

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 21. January 2010 19:43 

Local Time:
"Today was nice. I have little fear of what it will be difficult trojsetovom the previous match, but worked out very well. Well, I felt the villages, moved well, so good signal to other games," referovala from Melbourne satisfied voice Daniela Hantuchova.
"In the beginning I had a little Swede oťukávala. Arvidsson plays very hard, pressure tennis and I had to get used to the fast service. I was trying to gradually get it in motion. Once I showed it to decide what has not hurt me. After the first I game a bit more loosened. brejk was important to 3:1 in the second game and then I have had more or less under control," offered a recipe for success Thursday with D. Hantuchova.

"We always say that Australia is such a sweetest of all the Grand Slam. People are friendly and try to go out in every meet. Organization, transportation, the hotel is close to the villages, everything has a high level. It is here I feel good and because I have wonderful memories of the semi-finals two years ago and always board games here," said D. Hantuchova.

@ google translation.

A comment from Li's interview at the AO site:

Q. Just finally, your next opponent looks like Hantuchova. Tell us a little bit about that. What do you expect from her game?

NA LI: Tough to play because we are good friend. Of course, we have to fighting on the court, because opponent. We can say hello after or before, but I don't think she want to say hello on the court.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 21. January 2010 20:05 

Local Time:
I think Daniela HAS to win the 1st set in her match against Li. I think that is the key to the match.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 21. January 2010 20:38 

Local Time:
Somehow I'm confident that Daniela will win that match in straight sets.
Li has had problems the last round and Daniela seems to get better after a fight in the first round.

Daniela H A N T U C H O V A
Rafael N A D A L

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 311 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 21  Next