Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 311 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 21  Next
Author Enter your Message here

ITF Player
 Post subject: Re: Australian Open
PostPosted: 20. January 2010 04:36 

Local Time:
|2. May 2024| 09:56
Winners and errors stats for the outside courts are never that reliable. Winners are pretty objective so they tend to be relatively accurate, but unforced errors is subjective and they can vary depending on the source. I've seen matches where the tv gives one figure for errors and the official stats are totally different.

But still...I cant imagine what type of match that was. What a shame that no livestreams were available.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 20. January 2010 04:40 

Local Time:
|2. May 2024| 08:56
Right now Nadia Petrova's made only 2 UEs according to the stats against Kanepi at 4-4 in the second. The current game's had about 3 deuces but the stats for both players are staying the same. That tells you what you need to know about outside court match stats.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

ITF Player
PostPosted: 20. January 2010 04:52 

Local Time:
Right now Nadia Petrova's made only 2 UEs according to the stats against Kanepi at 4-4 in the second. The current game's had about 3 deuces but the stats for both players are staying the same. That tells you what you need to know about outside court match stats.

Yes, I guess so...Otherwise it would be really odd.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 20. January 2010 05:23 

Local Time:
Roddick's just gone off on a rant at the umpire. Pretty much the exact same situation as Daniela v Szavay in Brisbane except this was at match point and there was no way the shot was a winner as he was only a metre from it and the ball was in by 1mm after a hawkeye challenge. You'd think he'd be happy that he won although I don't blame him too much.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 20. January 2010 06:30 

Local Time:
|2. May 2024| 02:56
Tomorrow's schedule has Daniela on a show court, so there will be a stream/TV coverage:

Show Court 2
11:00 Start
Men's Singles - 2nd Round
Illya Marchenko (UKR) vs. Nikolay Davydenko (RUS)[6]
Women's Singles - 2nd Round
Stefanie Voegele (SUI) vs. Victoria Azarenka (BLR)[7]
Women's Singles - 2nd Round
Daniela Hantuchova(SVK) [22] vs. Sofia Arvidsson (SWE)

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 20. January 2010 08:19 

Local Time:
great!

This night Im watching ya.

Hope she will win again :) Cmooon :))

Everything in life happens for a reason

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 20. January 2010 09:48 

Local Time:
Well I went to bed after 0 4 down. I couldn't bear it. I thought daniela could get it back but I didn't really expect it. What an amazing comeback and what grit. Congrats daniela. As for the stats the winners on this court relate to aces and the unforced errors relate to double faults on the stats sheet.don't know why but it does!

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 20. January 2010 10:23 

Local Time:
It is quite amazing to see her comeback. I am sure we can't see that happen often. I am happy to see her fighting spirit showing today. Very well done. But you can save your energy by playing better next round Daniela.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 20. January 2010 11:36 

Local Time:
OMG, what a match. yesterday i didn't had internet, so i look to the videotext of eurosport. When i saw she was 1-4 down in the third i really think: that's it... and go to bed because i had to get up very early this morning.
And then i looked to the result and soooo great she won :D :mrgreen: I'm so happy

Great she will play on showcourt, so i will definitely stay awake to look the match :)

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 20. January 2010 12:13 

Local Time:

@google translate:

Hantuchova after the procedure to 2 Round and successfully made a secret high turnover satisfaction Kutuzova passed the compliment. "I'm awfully happy that I managed to turn this extremely difficult game. Kutuzova played unbelievable tennis, brought one of the best performances in her career so far. The more you appreciate that I have won and advanced to Round 2. I waited, súperka that will play aggressive, but his performance surprised even itself. At the beginning of the third Set acted more incredible winner from such a position that I just looked and immediately I play 0:4. Then I said that I try to play the ball the ball, remember the score, but rather focus on what needs to be done for each fiftíne. I've always hoped that súperka upset and tempted to victory. I had hoped, it has not revealed any frustration and fought until the end, what I finally paid off. Very Slovak fans have helped me, who have supported throughout the game were really cool, "she told Reuters Hantuchova, who is awaiting the next anti Arvidsson challenging game. "I hope that after today's marathon three hours he can recover sufficiently and relax.'s A shame that I have no day off since opening round match originally scheduled for Tuesday translated to rain on Wed Arvidsson is a ripple of qualification, winning štvorzápasovú pulls the cord and I need to give for her good care. Dades Personals is a player who forsíruje aggressive tennis. I will try it launched. is important for me to move on the court well, "said Slovakia.

Everything in life happens for a reason

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 20. January 2010 12:19 

Local Time:
not very impressed with her 1round, but she's through and thats important. credits for Daniela to come from 0-4 down in the 3th set and still win the match, AWESOME!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 20. January 2010 12:23 

Local Time:
Justine you absolute bloody legend! :D

Just an amazing standard of tennis in her second tournament back-and winning with a classic serve-volley point as well!

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 20. January 2010 19:30 

Local Time:
Don't know what to think about that result.
Of course a great fight after 0:4 in the third, but Daniela shouldn't have even been in such a situation.

Hope she can improve, otherwise a good draw would be wasted.

Daniela H A N T U C H O V A
Rafael N A D A L

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 20. January 2010 20:19 

Local Time:
- Daniela speaking about the match but it's in Slovak.

This seems like it's from the same interview/press conference that Marek posted earlier but there are a few different things said:

"I am very happy. Level, it was a very good match. Súperka displayed really unbelievable tennis hat down. Sometimes I not believe my eyes as a 'winner' from seemingly impossible positions, gives me," noted Daniela Hantuchova.
"The first game I'm reminded that it's opening match of the tournament. I wanted to get into the rather lengthy exchanges, so I was Kutuzova allowed to play aggressively and that she has to 'cut down'. In the second part, I changed the rhythm a little, very well I have it 'rozšachovala'. In the state of 0:4 in the third game I nevzdávala. I tried not perceive negative scores and patience to play ball for ball. Each of those are in fact very game went and I felt it as well could be 4-0 for me. I did not like what you're too blamed for gambling, I was basically happy with everything, well, I moved. Simply, she usually had a better answer. I tried to always think only for the following fiftín - what should I do tactically and technically. There shall have to give them an item or charge. I told you that when súperka wants to win, must show his best tennis. Vytušila say that she upset the prospects deployed to tackle the toy. I knew that it should be used. I wanted it to continue to operate confidently. However I have more experience in these important moments. I therefore gave careful that I did not show whether I am frustrated," she said.

"Arvidsson, there is very well started by saying that he pulls from the 'kvaldy'. It is rather a force breeze. It is essential that I be alone again well and move it rozbehávala. When it is in fact 'the hand', known to play very hard punches - bit type as Kim Clijsters. Swede is comparably experienced than me. I can not count that against me 'shudder'. I have until Thursday to recover sufficiently and not underestimate anything."

@ google translation.

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 20. January 2010 20:39 

Local Time:
|2. May 2024| 16:56
well at 0-3 i stop following the livescore...its scary as hell and i think my heart will come out from my body...then i sleep...when i woke up wow it suprises me that she won...

Dani should be confident and be proud to herself...
Cmon Dani..
GL against Arvidsson

mOnmOn

Profile YIM

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 311 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 21  Next